Killing Ashera

In the endgame of radient dawn, only Ike (wielding Ragnell) is capable of landing the killng blow on Ashera? Though i'm not sure that this is stated in the games canon I have always assumed it was due to the fact that ragnell was blessed by both of the two godesses and this duel blessing allowed Ike to kill Ashera. Though if that's the case would Alondite not be just as capable of finishing Ashera off? In anycase if anyone can answer this I would be most grateful.

Ashera can only be hurt by Yune-blessed weapons, which are only usable by the character that was first using the weapon. If you trade a blessed Alondite to Ike, he can't use it. Also, Ike is forced to have Ragnell blessed, so it is the only weapon that can beat Ashera.

Ashera can only be hurt by Yune-blessed weapons, which are only usable by the character that was first using the weapon. If you trade a blessed Alondite to Ike, he can't use it. Also, Ike is forced to have Ragnell blessed, so it is the only weapon that can beat Ashera.

That is false. You can trade blessed weapons around. I blessed a Rexflame and a Blizzard and the Blizzard got tossed around by the three mages I brought, while the Rexflame was on standby for Calill because I forgot to raise her to SS rank in fire, so Sanaki held the tome instead. Ike just happens to be stuck with Ragnell, but all the other characters can do whatever they want.

Edited by Samias

Its because Ike is the protagonist and thus gets plot device powers. Like for almost all other main characters in video games... And movies.... And anime.... And book.... And well you see where this is going.

That is false. You can trade blessed weapons around. I blessed a Rexflame and a Blizzard and the Blizzard got tossed around by the three mages I brought, while the Rexflame was on standby for Calill because I forgot to raise her to SS rank in fire, so Sanaki held the tome instead. Ike just happens to be stuck with Ragnell, but all the other characters can do whatever they want.

My mistake, thanks for the correction. ^_^

You cannot take the Ragnell off his inventory and without it the battle will be neverending.

It is also possible to NOT bless the Alondite, so by making sure Ike always lands the final blow with the Ragnell, you will never be in an unwinnable situation. Even though a Yune-blessed Alondite would make sense to land the killing blow as well, the designers chose not to let this happen.

Alright, thanks for all the responses and pardon the late reply. So essentialy there is really no plot based reason why anyone with Alondite can't kill Ashera and it's just because Ike is the main character and him killing the godess is 'cool'

Edited by healthylunch

It's easy to talk 'theoretically'. Theoretically, Ashera could easily have been killed by anyone who decided to chop off her head. Of course, Fire Emblem mechanics only allow various strokes to the torso.

It's an E rated series of course there isn't any head chopping or blood involved. And Ashura would just regenerate her head if u tried that. Goddesses don't die!

It's an E rated series of course there isn't any head chopping or blood involved. And Ashura would just regenerate her head if u tried that. Goddesses don't die!

This pretty much, specially considering that they can turn into an energy of sorts as shown by yune at the end. I assume that if you cut Saher's head off, she'd just reattach it or something.

And if her she does indeed die from her head being cut off, whats to stop her from dying by being stabbed in the heart?

Edited by SlayerX

And if her she does indeed die from her head being cut off, whats to stop her from dying by being stabbed in the heart?

Well...it would be "Super Effective" with a blessed weapon.

^That, and IS probably couldn't afford to include other characters in the scene anyway, seeing as they wasted so much money on those annoying Lehran scenes.

Annoying? I happened to like those Lehran scenes....They were intresting.

At any rate Ike was the only one who could kill Ashera because he's basically the main character of the entire game.

Unlike Michiah that is. She just gets left in the dust.

I liked those Lehran cutscenes too. Though I can see how some might find them tedious. At least IS was savvy enough to only include half them during the first playthough so beginners wouldn't be overwhelmed.