Village conversations not in the Game Script sections?

GoogleKrom

I just noticed that neither script section for FE7 / FE8 has the village conversations written down. Which is too bad, because many of them are rather interesting (even if most are simple tips). I assume it'd be easy to pull these parts of the script from the game data, but a cursory Google search didn't pull up anything elsewhere. Is there a reason these haven't been added? If not, I wouldn't mind playing through FE7/8 again and writing them down myself.

"Living Legend"

Visit the village with Hawkeye

Fae: Ah! It's you, Hawkeye!

Hawkeye: What are you doing, Fae?

F: I'm watching the house!

H: Is that so?

F: Oh, guess what! A man came to see me earlier. So I told him a secret. I told him something good is buried near the bones. Yup! He looked pretty happy!

H: Is that so...

F: That's all you ever say, Hawkeye! "Is that so?"

H: Is that so?

F: See! You said it again!

H: Is that--sorry.

Visit the village with anyone else

Fae: You know what? I'm watching the house all by myself. Do you know how to do that? You have to sit and be good. So that's why I'm here. What are all of you guys doing? Are you hunting for treasure, like that other guy? Let me tell you a secret. There's something good buried near the bones. I know stuff like that.

Edited by GoogleKrom

Do you mean the houses or the villages or both? I'm guessing the authors didn't find them interesting enough to copy ^^

You can find FE7's full script here and FE8's here (credits to DarkTwilkitri).

If you're interested in submitting them, I'd like them to be in wiki or HTML format. If you're unfamiliar with either, a forum post would be fine too.

Do you mean the houses or the villages or both? I'm guessing the authors didn't find them interesting enough to copy ^^

You can find FE7's full script here and FE8's here (credits to DarkTwilkitri).

If you're interested in submitting them, I'd like them to be in wiki or HTML format. If you're unfamiliar with either, a forum post would be fine too.

I'll just edit them into my opening post as I write them down. Hopefully they'll be useful to some. I encourage others with some free time to help!

Here's a good a place as any ^^

Okay, I sort of edited them to have better grammar, so I just reverted them back to the original text in the translation patch.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Southwest-most house:

Balding Village man with a brown moustache: YOU! Guess what? Money is important! If you don't have it, your weapons will rust[,] and you can't fight without your weapons!

Northwest-most House:

Young village man with brownish green hair: Hey! If you wanna do well in battle[,] you better use the terrain wisely. Like[,] if you're in a forest, the trees will cover you! There's no way enemies will have an easy time in that situation.

East-most House:

Older village woman with brown hair in a bun: It's awful... Soldiers from Bern were able to cross the border... They laid an awful attack. And even if the allied lords strike back, Lord Eliwood... He can no longer stand too well...[she really likes ellipses...]

Southern Village:

Young Village girl with a brown hair and a bandanna: Hey hey! Aren't you knights going to the castle? This may not be much... But this is something we'd really like to offer you. Please use it well![5000 Gold recieved]

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

Northern House:

Old man with blue clothes: The three weapons... Swords, axes, and spears. Remember, boy[Does this for Ellen and Thany as well], swords beat axes, axes beat spears, and spears beat swords! Just remember that and you will have an easy time!

Lower-left House:

Village man with a thin moustache and a large chin: The forts are the key to this kingdom's defense. If you're there, it's much easier. The enemy will miss easily, and damage will be reduced. Also, your wounds are slightly healed.

Lower-right House:

Young village boy with dark brown hair: A bow has great power against flying enemies. If they get close, you can tear 'em apart!

Village:

Young Village girl with brownish hair tied with a ribbon: Oh, you really saved us! If those people got into our village, I don't know what would have happened to this precious sword! I was really scared...[Armorslayer recieved]

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

Southern Village:

Older village woman with brown hair in a bun: You're the remnants of the Lycian army, right? Here, take this and go quickly. There are a bunch of Bern soldiers here. Bern may govern this whole area, but we're friends of Lycia![Mend Recieved]

Northern Village:

Lou: Excuse me! You're from the Lycian army, right? Please[,] let me fight with you! I don't have any useful information, but I can use a bit of magic! Please let me help you![Lou Joins]

*If chad visits, it's the same as the conversation between Chad and Lou.*

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

Eastern House:

Villager with slicked back brown hair[Mafia man?]: The mountain bandits and pirates attack towns. Once they destroy a town, there won't be anything left. Save the towns!

Northern Middle House:

Young village man with brownish green hair: In the Laus army, there are mounted soldiers who use bows. This is the nomad tribe. Everyone wants their military might nowadays..[.]

Northern West House:

Old man with blue clothes: Do you know the main point of combat? There are weapons known as Buster weapons, which defy the weapon triangle![it's like he's related to the guy in ch2]

Eastern Village:

Small child with greenish hair: If you don't have a thief, you won't be able to open chests and doors. Only a thief can use Lockpicks. But[,] I have a key called the Door Key, which can open any door if anyone uses it. You should thank me.[Door Key Recieved] [Arrogant kid...]

Western Village:

Balding Village man with a brown moustache: Everyone here is your ally. We're not about to abandon the land in which we were born in and change sides. Please[,] take this treasured sword. It was given to use generations ago. A gift from the king.[steel Blade recieved] [Why would a king give a random village a steel blade] [What king]

Southern Village:

Balding Village man with a brown moustache: I can't believe this war is happening... Under Bern's leadership, we will definitely wither. Here is something that will help you stand longer. Think carefully before using it.[Angelic Robe recieved]

I'll be posting them here I suppose when I get the time to, sorry if this is inconvienent.

Edited by Kitty of Time

You could also open the ROMs up with FEditor and flip through the data starting at the prologue, until you come to the house quotes (Searching for [Visitor] or whatever that one tag is would help you also find houses, because in general only houses have the visitor tag.) and then copypasta them and edit out the FEditor syntax.

Edit: wait wait, I think only FEXP has the visitor tag, maybe ignore me.

Edited by Phoenix Saga

FE7's full script here

Aha! My suspicions were right! The dialogue on the "Eliwood stabs Ninian" scene is really slightly different depending on whether Eliwood/Ninian was A or not.

Someone should add in the not-A dialogue.