The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let donny rot or feed him kills after rushing for the thief?

Neither. Wait for the archers later in the level and bait them and surround for an easy kill. Unless LTC, but in that case you probably wouldn't be using Donny anyway.

In the first few chapters it's either you abuse him or you die. Lunatic doesn't really give you a choice in the matter. xD

And for Donny I paired him up with Fred to take out two of the thieves (Fred baited them, and Donny finished them off) so he could get the level up by turn 3 or so. It's kinda risky (he had a hitrate of about 80 and was doubled and 2hko'd in return) but he only needs to kill two of them to get a level up so the risk isn't really that great.

I'll see if Donny's worth my time.

Oh, he is on Lunatic Mode. If you get armsthrift from mercenary, promote, and max his luck. His luck would be 48 and armsthrift uses Luck*2 so it'll be 96% activation. Armsthrift basically doesn't let you use a weapon's use. So, if you pair him up with someone and make his Luck go over 50. It'll be over 100% and so INFINITE BRAVE/KILLING WEAPONS!!! 8D

Edited by Linkmstr

Oh, he is on Lunatic Mode. If you get armsthrift from mercenary, promote, and max his luck. His luck would be 48 and armsthrift uses Luck*2 so it'll be 96% activation. Armsthrift basically doesn't let you use a weapon's use. So, if you pair him up with someone and make his Luck go over 50. It'll be over 100% and so INFINITE BRAVE/KILLING WEAPONS!!! 8D

Chrom!Inigo (or even just Inigo in general) does it better. I doubt you can actually get Inigo pre-postgame but you can't even use Don pre-postgame either so.......

Chrom!Inigo (or even just Inigo in general) does it better. I doubt you can actually get Inigo pre-postgame but you can't even use Don pre-postgame either so.......

lol, true, Chrom does have his Falchion. But Inigo appears later in-game while Donny appears earlier. But many people don't bother to level him up since he has low stats to begin with. But, I'm still glad that I did level him up earlier in Lunatic because he helped A LOT later on.

Edit: Inigo is one of the future children, of course his stats are going to be higher than many.

Edited by Linkmstr

Well, I don't usually care enough about Donny because of his... character.

The characters I use has to be either super sexy female, masochist/tsundere/yandere/sadist psychopath, or male character that just looks devious. (Gangrel, but this damned thing isn't letting my 3DS connect to it to dl the paralogues.)

Hell, I'd take monsters if there were options.

Edited by Ubel Engel

lol, true, Chrom does have his Falchion. But Inigo appears later in-game while Donny appears earlier. But many people don't bother to level him up since he has low stats to begin with. But, I'm still glad that I did level him up earlier in Lunatic because he helped A LOT later on.

Edit: Inigo is one of the future children, of course his stats are going to be higher than many.

He's not worth it. Just level him up in Sidequest 1 so you can recruit him and then just ditch him afterwards and just use him as a father when postgame comes.

Also, just so you know, nobody except for Lucina, Chrom, and Marth(s) can use the Falchion, that includes Chrom's son/other daughter.

Edited by Quick

He's not worth it. Just level him up in Sidequest 1 so you can recruit him and then just ditch him afterwards and just use him as a father when postgame comes.

Besides, think of the moral ramifications. If we idolize a pot head what is that teaching the kids?

Well, I don't usually care enough about Donny because of his... character.

The characters I use has to be either super sexy female, masochist/tsundere/yandere/sadist psychopath, or male character that just looks devious. (Gangrel, but this damned thing isn't letting my 3DS connect to it to dl the paralogues.)

Well, it's your choice on who to use and level up. No one can force you. :P I used Donny because I knew he would help a lot in Lunatic and I actually quite like his supports with some characters. But that's just me, though.

Have u tried reconnecting to the internet and/or manually download on the wireless spotpass section?

Besides, think of the moral ramifications. If we idolize a pot head what is that teaching the kids?

God damn it I thought I was the only one who thought of that joke. But yeah he must've been on pot if he never thought about reclassing into something that has, I dunno, someone that can use a fricking lance?

Also, just so you know, nobody except for Lucina, Chrom, and Marth(s) can use the Falchion, that includes Chrom's son/other daughter.

Well, too late for that. Donny is already one of my strongest units in the whole game. So I would say he's pretty worth it to me. Yeah, I already knew that the Falchion can only be used by Chrom, Lucina, and Pr. Marth.

God damn it I thought I was the only one who thought of that joke. But yeah he must've been on pot if he never thought about reclassing into something that has, I dunno, someone that can use a fricking lance?

lol so much hate on Donny. xD

Edited by eclipse
Merged double post

Well, too late for that. Donny is already one of my strongest units in the whole game. So I would say he's pretty worth it to me.

Wait are you grinding? It seems the only way you could get Don to be so good. If so, you really just turned this mode from (US) FE10 Hard mode to FE8 Hard mode....yeah.

Edited by Quick

Wait are you grinding? It seems the only way you could get Don to be so good. If so, you really just turned this mode from (US) FE10 Hard mode to FE8 Hard mode....yeah.

hah

you have to grind, or otherwise spend a bunch of turns pecking at a boxed in archer to get him up to par

I finally cleared the bloody thing on Lunatic + last night.......I might actually record the thing and do it again for youtube...hah.

The chapter that gave me the most trouble was probably 15 or 16, seeing almost everyone promoting and with 3x stats on the enemies while i still was on the first promotion for 90% of my units with 1x up to 2x stats, it was rage inducing.

Yes, I was grinding. I've said back in previous posts on this topic that I grind, but only on Lunatic because Normal and Hard mode are easy.

I finally cleared the bloody thing on Lunatic + last night.......I might actually record the thing and do it again for youtube...hah.

The chapter that gave me the most trouble was probably 15 or 16, seeing almost everyone promoting and with 3x stats on the enemies while i still was on the first promotion for 90% of my units with 1x up to 2x stats, it was rage inducing.

Wait, Chapter 16 gave you trouble? I'm surprised you didn't just Rescue-skip it; you don't even need Galeforce. I would have expected stages like Chapters 23 and 24 to be a bit more challenging on Lunatic+ due to the high enemy density (which becomes much more of a threat when a good chunk of the map has Counter, preventing an Avatar dodgetank bonanza). I never got past Ch 5, but I'll probably resume Lunatic+ at some point.

Should I pick up my 3ds now and play paralogue or... wait for something stupid to happen?

Why not just try it out? If you don't want Donnel, then it's less annoying of a level. If you do want him, then feeding Donnel a Str Tonic might give you some more options, and giving him a +Hit Bronze Lance forge can save you some resets.

... I've been doing a bit of grinding in my Lunatic Classic run, because I honestly don't see how it's possible without losing everyone.

... That could just be because I suck at these games. I got a game over in Lyn's story of FE7, for Naga's sake.

... I've been doing a bit of grinding in my Lunatic Classic run, because I honestly don't see how it's possible without losing everyone.

... That could just be because I suck at these games. I got a game over in Lyn's story of FE7, for Naga's sake.

icwutudidthar

like others have said, lategame=RESCUE STAVES EVERYWHERE

isn't the middle of the game like the easiest part though (after earlygame, before promoted enemies)