The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, Im not blind since Ive played multiple times through HM. But, after Chapter 8 and Anna's paralogue, i only reset in Chapter 17 and Yen'fay's chapter. I've been using Panne (Lon'qu pairup), Cordelia (Fred pairup), Cherche (Gaius), Libra, Anna, Lucina, Morgan, Say'ri Avatar and Chrom. Though Morgan is kinda like the male pair ups, he didnt get trained much. Avatar was +def - res and I rely on her paired up with Chrom, but my other units are doing ok (well except Cherche). Im now in tiki's paralogue and this map is actually really challenging :o. Idk if i can even do this in Chapter 19 lol.

Tiki's Paralogue almost requires you to be able to do it without Pair-Up's. I couldn't get it done on Lunatic until I had Basillio and Flavia because with Pair Ups it's incredibly difficult to defeat and impede the path of the enemies if everyone isn't contributing separately plus Basillio and Flavia kill the enemies rather easily.

Tiki's Paralogue almost requires you to be able to do it without Pair-Up's. I couldn't get it done on Lunatic until I had Basillio and Flavia because with Pair Ups it's incredibly difficult to defeat and impede the path of the enemies if everyone isn't contributing separately plus Basillio and Flavia kill the enemies rather easily.

I had an easier time just tanking the enemies. I used Rescue on Tiki to move her one space up from her starting point, allowing me to form an isosceles triangle with five unit pairs and the castle wall:

w w w w w

1 o T o 5

o 2 o 4 o

o o 3 o o

where the o's designate empty spaces, the numbers designate unit pairs, and the w's designate spaces taken by the wall. T is Tiki, of course. But yeah, I didn't have the stats to do this until late in the game.

Edited by Redwall

Yeah, its mostly that I dont have the stats in ALL of the units Im using to be able to wall Tiki effectively. I mean, Lucina and Avatar can survive well, but the others like Cordelia(Fred), Panne (Lon'qu) and Say'ri wont last long...it would basically be me hoping they attack Lucina or Avatar over the others over and over until theyre dead.

Out of curiosity, do you remember if the enemies ever attack the units marked 2 or 4 on that formation? I've tested the AI on Normal/Hard on that mission and found that they will only attack PCs in a straight line to the left, right, or below Tiki's position with a 9 unit human wall around her (didn't bother to reposition her). I had L2 Villager Donnel and L5 Troubadour Maribelle elsewhere on the line and they were completely ignored even though the enemy could trivially OHKO them to smash my formation.

Considering the unique AI for that stage I'm not actually expecting it to change on Lunatic, though it's at least theoretically possible. If the AI works the same way you "only" need 3 Pair Up teams who can tank the waves of enemies plus some warm bodies to complete the wall.

Edited by hinode

If you have just 3 tanks, you can surround the adjacent tiles to Tiki in that position and have the others kill the 1-2 range enemies. Some of the tanks can be unequipped so they only face 2 attacks max per turn. It helps if someone can Rally Spectrum and Fortify every turn. Might require Galeforce to be the most successful, but you can probably just use tons of effective damage.

I also noticed some AI weirdness, but didn't really bother to figure it out. IIRC it did seem like the bottom person faces by far the most attacks.

Edited by XeKr

They do attack 2 and 4, but yeah, I've had similar experiences where the AI could have broken through 2 or 4 with a concerted effort but chose not to. I had a Falcon Knight Cordelia positioned at 2, and she happened to be in range of a Wind-using Dark Flier on the RHS of the formation, but the Dark Flier chose to attack someone else for some reason.

Hmm, I did notice some oddities too in my HM draft runs but didnt think it was abusable since it seemed pretty random to me. I might try this. Maybe Ill get Tiki before Walhart chapter this way :D

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

Random thought - for anyone who's gotten that far, is it possible for Lunatic+ enemies to have Pass on that map? I'm hoping they were smart enough to add a workaround, but somehow I'm not inclined to assume. It's blocked from stationary bosses, so they have the mechanism in place, meaning there's really no excuse...

I might upload a lolzy video showing this sometime this week, but I found a method to dance abuse Olivia to 30 in Paralogue 13 while saving 2 of the villagers.

Since I got Olivia to level 30, should I reclass her? And if so, Dark Flier or Swordmaster? (Those are the best two for her atm iirc)

Hi again guys. I got my hands on two second seals and I'm not sure who to reclass.

I'm using Chrom, Fred, Lissa, MU, Sully, Virion, Sumia, Lon'qu, Ricken, and Maribelle.

The only 3 that can use it atm are Chrom, MU, and Fred. Lon'qu is the next closest at level 7, and the rest of the team is level 6/5. I'm not gonna reclass my FeMU until she gets rally rainbow, so she's out of the running for this stuff for a while. Maybe I should wait until Chrom gets aether and rightful king before I think of reclassing him as well.

I was thinking of reclassing Chrom to cavalier and Fred to wyvern rider. I might as well send Fred down that route now before the game's difficulty spikes. I don't want to weigh my team down with too many classes that take effective damage from stuff though...

What do you people think?

Aether and Rightful King aren't very useful in the main game. When it comes to defense, Sol is a much better skill than Aether since it activates twice as often if Rightful King isn't active (which it won't be for the majority of the game), and if your offense relies on Aether procs, then you need a more reliable offense. The Paladin and Great Knight skills look pretty interesting and the increased movement is nice, but reclassing Chrom means you'll have to put up with not being able to use the Rapier. I never bothered reclassing Chrom, but it might be useful down the line. You won't have to worry about effective damage too much for Paladins and Great Knights since Hammers are uncommon and Beast Killers are even more rare.

I really don't see the need to reclass Frederick. As you mention, he drops off sharply later in the game, so why not use the Second Seal on someone else? Plus, his Pair Up bonuses as a Great Knight remain pretty good even towards the end of the game.

Haven't been on here in a while... But this game made me curious what was up in these parts.

Doing lunatic. Finished the barrier to entry (chapter 0-4) and I'm hanging in there with some aggravation already. Probably not helping that I'm not making a magic user.

All I got to do is DLC when it comes out. If anyone knows, how powerful are FoD units on Lunatic?

From what I understand they have capped stats and 5 skills

They're not capped, but they're still pretty damn formidable.

But again, the reward for FoD is the story.

FoDLunatic1.pngFoDLunatic2.png

FoDLunatic3.pngFoDLunatic4.png

FoDLunatic5.png

Future Grima has stronger defenses than past Grima. Aegis, Dragonskin, Pavise and Rightful God are a bad combo to deal with. Hawkeye has me worried too because he hits like a truck even with high defenses. Infinite Regalia + some skill switching and grinding should prepare me for all 3 chapters.

But man, Grima still creeps me out when you break his helmet off. WHAT IS WRONG WITH JAPAN. Don't answer that.

[spoiler=GRIMA IS SO CREEPY~]That's not his helmet...

It's his fucking extra headpieces.

Literally his own skull.

IMAGINE THE PAIN.

OH GOD THE HORROR!

Edited by Ubel Engel

Future Grima has stronger defenses than past Grima. Aegis, Dragonskin, Pavise and Rightful God are a bad combo to deal with. Hawkeye has me worried too because he hits like a truck even with high defenses. Infinite Regalia + some skill switching and grinding should prepare me for all 3 chapters.

But man, Grima still creeps me out when you break his helmet off. WHAT IS WRONG WITH JAPAN. Don't answer that.

not really, aside from Hawkeye over Anathema (lol), he just traded Ignis (more offense) for Aegis (defense) (granted, on normal/hard his stats go up)

besides, I think both Rogues and Redeemers 3 and Paralogue 23 are going to be tougher than Future of Despair 3 in terms of difficulty

how did you manage to take him down with magic damage? If you used Vengeance and/or Ignis against the main game Grima, wouldn't those skills bypass Aegis?

Either way, the easiest way to beat Grima remains unchanged: do a transfer chain with Chrom, having other guys with Brave weapons attack when paired up with Chrom to give you many attempts at scoring an Exalted Falchion Dual Attack capable of bypassing Pavise. Depending on Lucina's support level with Chrom, having her attack with a Brave Sword may actually result in more damage on average than with her Parallel Falchion.

what I was trying to get at was why you believed Aegis would change things for you. Evil Dragon Scale remains in play for both Grima forms, and I'm assuming that the bulk of your damage came from things like Ignis and Vengeance (as opposed to pure magic damage unaided by equipped skills), both of which (I might be wrong on this) bypass Aegis.

Edited by Redwall