The Lunatic Club

Shinori

@Blazer: Yes. FE12 is harder and better designed.

So that Paralogue 17 huh. I can't see how it's possible to get enough kills/turn unless your refuse to Pair Up your units, and then I can't see how you get the stats to ORKO the bastards.

I tried Charging the boss to kill him and stop reinforcements from spawning. ...Except they continued to spawn anyway. :facepalm: Weeeell, shit.

It's really tough. I had Morgan/Cherche kill a Wyvern Lord turn 1, and Panne get Rescued out to kill a Falco, with MU going east and everyone else running South. On Turn 2, I had Panne kill another Falco, with the last one getting ORKO'd by Lon'qu (I think that was it), Morgan killing another Wyvern Lord, and MU ORKOing the last one. Virion ran up to kill the boss, and the rest of my team used SE weapons to kill the 4 griffons.

And I was only able to do this after I had completed Ch. 21 or something absurd like that.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Paperblade it's "Burning Gravity" not "Blazer" you scrubbut seriously I'm kind of curious, why is FE13 Lunatic not as good as FE12 Maniac or w/e in your opinion? just a quick point or two will do if you don't mind, having not ever played it nor being very smart when it comes to these things I'm kind of curious as I just saidand it'd be cool to know

So... I just had GREAT luck with something I remember earlier in this thread.

For what it's worth I managed to beat Ch. 1 even though the Hammer Fighter had Hawkeye, which apparently some people think is impossible?

Then that crap is thrown out the window if combo'd with Luna+

Well, at least, I feel like it's impossible. I think Frederick can survive a normal hit from the hammer if he got Def and HP in a level up?

YouredeadFrederick.png

Reset time.

Otherwise, your only hope is to pick a god and pray for a Dual-Guard.

Edited by shadowofchaos

@Paperblade it's "Burning Gravity" not "Blazer" you scrubbut seriously I'm kind of curious, why is FE13 Lunatic not as good as FE12 Maniac or w/e in your opinion? just a quick point or two will do if you don't mind, having not ever played it nor being very smart when it comes to these things I'm kind of curious as I just saidand it'd be cool to know

Enemies having skills that put the player more at the mercy of the RNG, or randomly distributing powerful skills. IS obviously knew Lethality was stupid since enemy Assassins can't get it, but early game Zeal/Gamble basically does the same thing (since if you crit'd, you die unless you're Fred, in which case you're just mostly dead). Patience/Avoid +10 means you can have like 60 hit rates even with no WTD (which pretty much never happens in FE12 unless you screwed up, in FE13 it can happen on turn 1 of Prologue).

Counter is a dumb skill because Warriors are either "Joke enemy no speed no defense no res" or "Most dangerous enemy on the map" based on whether or not they have it, and it's 10x worse when they spawn as reinforcements.

But then on the flip side, the game is much easier to break, late game strategies can basically consist of "Throw unit that has Nosferatu/Sol/a billion avoid into group of enemies" whereas the only time this would ever happen in FE12 is midgame if you have a really overleveled unit, and even then they can still die. Most Axe users never have respectable hit on Lon'qu and other sword users with decent avoid, and for a good portion of the game it's not uncommon for units like Lon'qu, Gregor, and Panne to face very low hit rates from most enemies thanks to stupid skill combinations and tons of speed (Avoid+10 + Patience, Even Bio+Tantivy+Quickburn+Swordbreaker).

In FE12, the power level of enemies vs. PCs is roughly the same throughout. They 2-3HKO you at high hit rates, but you can do the same back, and (usually) you will also double them. In this game, after Ch. 4 or so, your units quickly start to outstrip enemies in power, primarily due to Pair Up. But Pair Up is so strong, that without it, you're just too weak. Hard but fair.

After Chapter 16 or so, I felt less like I was using strategy and more deciding which of Panne, Morgan, or MU would be best to throw into a particular pack of enemies. And this was my first playthrough of the game, which was pretty much blind other than knowing what skills you got from which class.

Enemies having skills that put the player more at the mercy of the RNG, or randomly distributing powerful skills. IS obviously knew Lethality was stupid since enemy Assassins can't get it, but early game Zeal/Gamble basically does the same thing (since if you crit'd, you die unless you're Fred, in which case you're just mostly dead). Patience/Avoid +10 means you can have like 60 hit rates even with no WTD (which pretty much never happens in FE12 unless you screwed up, in FE13 it can happen on turn 1 of Prologue).

Counter is a dumb skill because Warriors are either "Joke enemy no speed no defense no res" or "Most dangerous enemy on the map" based on whether or not they have it, and it's 10x worse when they spawn as reinforcements.

I'd disagree with those. Remember there's the support system in this game, you only need support level 3 to reduce the enemy critical by 10 and classes(Cleric and Lord) provide Luck. Support level 1 provides additional hit and the only things that may have 60 hit rates on the Myrmidons with Avoid+10 would be purposely using Chrom's Falchion and MU's Thunder Tome without any support, despite the Bronze Sword and the Rapiers existence.

Counter is avoidable it's no trouble on 16, one thing about Warriors is that many of them have Silver Bows or 1-2 weapons, even with ones with just Silver Axes if they have Counter you can easily work around it even on the enemy phase with a ranged character or a weak weapon(Javelin or even the "useless" Log) if you can't avoid 1-range. They'd only come into affect if you're not paying attention or expecting to steam roll them. It's only the more restricted movement-wise chapter 18 where a Warrior with Counter is really threatening.

I'm on Ch. 11 right now and I am so tempted to quit this mode

Why does the enemy strategy always revolve around: ambush spawns > aggro everything on the map > sandwich player in

Chapter 11 can be completed quickly by attacking the wings (not the center) and blocking the NW forts with your remaining units. Ambush-spawning enemies will appear on forts further down, but they should KO themselves from enemy phase counters. You'll miss out on a Speedwings and an Armorslayer from blocking the fort reinforcements, though.

I'd disagree with those. Remember there's the support system in this game, you only need support level 3 to reduce the enemy critical by 10 and classes(Cleric and Lord) provide Luck. Support level 1 provides additional hit and the only things that may have 60 hit rates on the Myrmidons with Avoid+10 would be purposely using Chrom's Falchion and MU's Thunder Tome without any support, despite the Bronze Sword and the Rapiers existence.

"Only" 3 support levels is unfeasible against basically everything but the Prologue boss, since it means you need to be paired up and adjacent to both other units, and the enemies need to attack that specific unit (which I'm pretty sure they will choose not to if they've got crit on someone else).

Also:

MU: 4 Luck default, +3 Luck from Chrom means he still faces crit from anything with Gamble (even if it has 0 Skill) and Fighters (10 Crit in Ch. 1)

Chrom: 5 Luck default, +2 from Lissa means he still faces Crit AND you don't have a healer

Fred: 6 Luck, same as above

Also, like I said, the problem with Counter is that Warriors go from total jokes to "Do not engage Lu Bu" mode based entirely on the whims of RNG, so if you want, you can just restart until none of them have it and not worry about it. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the skill (unless it's coming as reinforcements)

Hello everyone, I started Lunatic mode on Wednesday, and I have to say, after you get the renown awards, it became much easier, in fact, My avatar, with Chrom as a support unit, was able to solo chapters 19-25. Then I got to the Endgame. Even with forged brave weapons, my avatar can only do like 5 damage a hit on the boss, 2 after pavise, which almost always activates. So I was wondering, for those of you have beaten it, what was your strategy? Did you rush the boss with several people, take it slow, or something else entirely?

Edit: I managed to beat it by pairing My avatar with Vake, giving him bowfaire, a forged brave bow, Astra and pass,, and extreme luck. First turn I just ran forward. Second turn, I ran up and attack the boss for 12x4 damage, and managed to pull off two astras, with no misses, and he never got pavise, and he missed. Then he attacked, hit me, and I killed him. Now on to Lunatic Plus!

Edited by AlecColasante

Hello everyone, I started Lunatic mode on Wednesday, and I have to say, after you get the renown awards, it became much easier, in fact, My avatar, with Chrom as a support unit, was able to solo chapters 19-25. Then I got to the Endgame. Even with forged brave weapons, my avatar can only do like 5 damage a hit on the boss, 2 after pavise, which almost always activates. So I was wondering, for those of you have beaten it, what was your strategy? Did you rush the boss with several people, take it slow, or something else entirely?

I soloed 14-Endgame with Avatar/Chrom and used a forged waste tome and Chrom's dual attacks to take out the final boss. It helps if you try and clear out as many of the physic wielding jerks as you can before going for the kill.

@Paperblade that actually makes a lot of sense, in a way all the new features/skills make the game a bit more imbalanced and well, from a design standpoint, it's easier to balance a simpler game than a more complicated one, so I suppose it's only natural one is better designed with regards to that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

@AlecColasante I didn't grind a ton/I didn't have a lot of renown awards IIRC (I think I got to maybe the ~1200 level or so?) but I was able to beat it by using Flavia and Basilio as a decoy (as evil as it is) and rushing forward while spamming Rally Spectrum and taking out the units that posed the biggest threat. Then I planned it so I could get within just the right range to attack, but sadly only 3 of my idk how many pairs could actually make it through the opening to attack--my avatar's pair, Vaike's pair (Vaike was a monster on mine), and Chrom's. However I went for it and ended up getting a lucky Aether while attacking with Chrom's Exalted Falchion, which does effective damage versus the final boss. I'd say a similar strategy (albeit it's luck-based) might work for you since your Chrom seems to be a pretty strong unit. Pull out all the stops--legendary weapons, tonics, forged weapons, etc., Naga hints that the enemy reinforcements are pretty much perpetual so it really is kind of a rush to defeat the boss with the other units harrying you 24/7 (and they're tough units no less >_>')

1361576813[/url]' post='2294403']

@AlecColasante I didn't grind a ton/I didn't have a lot of renown awards IIRC (I think I got to maybe the ~1200 level or so?) but I was able to beat it by using Flavia and Basilio as a decoy (as evil as it is) and rushing forward while spamming Rally Spectrum and taking out the units that posed the biggest threat. Then I planned it so I could get within just the right range to attack, but sadly only 3 of my idk how many pairs could actually make it through the opening to attack--my avatar's pair, Vaike's pair (Vaike was a monster on mine), and Chrom's. However I went for it and ended up getting a lucky Aether while attacking with Chrom's Exalted Falchion, which does effective damage versus the final boss. I'd say a similar strategy (albeit it's luck-based) might work for you since your Chrom seems to be a pretty strong unit. Pull out all the stops--legendary weapons, tonics, forged weapons, etc., Naga hints that the enemy reinforcements are pretty much perpetual so it really is kind of a rush to defeat the boss with the other units harrying you 24/7 (and they're tough units no less >_>')

I forgot about the effective damage from the falchion, that would have made it much easier, but luck was on my side.

Since I had to restart because I got my new bundle I need stuff to do on my current loony playthrough to make it interesting.

Paper already did Avatar solo, I need something else.

CHALLENGE ME.

Girls-only.

If he makes his MU a female then it's PaperBlade's Lunatic run but easier. And wait he MU solo'd it? Man now I want to try it. Once I beat my normal Lunatic run.

Yeah nosferatanking is real hard.

*Nods repeatedly*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL HARD.

I have decided.

Chrome + females only.

I can use the whatever kid I get from Chrome X whoever as long as it's a female.

No reknown.

Barracks and event tiles are allowed.

Skirmishes are allowed if I can complete them.

No anna shops.

I'll only be using Frederick up to chapter 3 completion. After chapter 3 I won't be using him at all, although I'm gonna try to avoid using him by chapter 2.

Edited by Shinori

Chapter 3... urgh.

I got rid of the left side on the bottom. But everyone had to take damage because of that counter archer... that had Great Shield+/Pavise+.

I bookmarked, since I was just sick of it for now.

I reset like 4 times too since every single unit on the left side had counter at one point.

I thought it was stupid before... now I think it's REALLY stupid that they made the unfair skills randomly generated.

Chapter 3... urgh.

I got rid of the left side on the bottom. But everyone had to take damage because of that counter archer... that had Great Shield+/Pavise+.

I bookmarked, since I was just sick of it for now.

I reset like 4 times too since every single unit on the left side had counter at one point.

I thought it was stupid before... now I think it's REALLY stupid that they made the unfair skills randomly generated.

You can still do it even if any number(Maybe not all of them) of enemies on the left or right have counter. The Archers don't really matter and the Soldiers are a case of having Frederick Javelin them below half HP on the player phase.

Though if there's too many on the right you have to do something unconventional like have unequipped Frederick w/Kellam basically charge the to the right side(with atleast 1 of the remaining elixer uses since Luna+ can still get him heavily damaged) to draw most of them away, the rest of your units(You need to bring MU, Miriel an Virion as well) handle them 1 at a time while Frederick tanks or moves so only 1 can iniate combat with him.

Edited by arvilino