The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I'm getting murdered by the falcoknight reinforces on Ch16. My plan was to hide in the upperleft corner to take out the waves of reinforces from the bottom, but I just can't get this to work. Do I seriously just ignore gaining XP and head straight to assassinating the boss here?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting murdered by the falcoknight reinforces on Ch16. My plan was to hide in the upperleft corner to take out the waves of reinforces from the bottom, but I just can't get this to work. Do I seriously just ignore gaining XP and head straight to assassinating the boss here?

I killed the boss the turn after they showed up. Seems to me like waiting would just add a lot of hassle; you have to kill pretty much all the starting enemies, so you're just missing out on the reinforcements.

Later chapters like 19, 20, 21, and 25 are even more brutal about this, but you just have to bear with it.

I killed the boss the turn after they showed up. Seems to me like waiting would just add a lot of hassle; you have to kill pretty much all the starting enemies, so you're just missing out on the reinforcements.

Later chapters like 19, 20, 21, and 25 are even more brutal about this, but you just have to bear with it.

Okay, I guess I can deal. This involves me rerouting MU from murdering the MasterSeal thief, but I'm sure someone else can take that job. I just needed to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious, and that when it's a Kill Commander mission, I should really just take the fucking hint.

Since I'm a wimp and not masochistic enough, I did Hard-Casual and then Lunatic-Casual and finally beaten it just an hour ago.

Lunatic+ is so hard... X_X;

I'll probably just stick with my Lunatic-Casual file... TT~TT

I would like to thank shadowofchaos for inspiring me to start and finish Lunatic Mode after watching some of his awesome, epic videos! =D

I also like to thank Serenes Forest for their amazing database that also helped me to finish Lunatic Mode! =D

Fire.Emblem%3A.Kakusei.240.1362201.jpg

Edited by Linkmstr

In Hard mode [Chapter 16] it wasn't like this if you go up the left side. Does Lunatic change the AI or the unit classes to make this no longer feasible?

Well, there are more enemy units in Lunatic Mode than in Hard Mode. And once they start spawning in multiple areas in the later chapters (especially Chapter 25), it gets a lot harder. I learned it the hard way in Lunatic Mode and so I lost so many times. XP

It's sometimes best to just go and kill the commander to finish the chapter.

Edited by Linkmstr

In Hard mode it wasn't like this if you go up the left side. Does Lunatic change the AI or the unit classes to make this no longer feasible?

There were about 5-7 of the starting enemies I didn't get to kill going up the left side.

Just got past chapter 4 on Lunatic Classic and then did Donnel's paralogue. The only really competent units I have as of now are Frederick (Obviously), the Avatar, Virion, and Lon'qu. (Chrom isn't doing great.) Good thing the enemies in the Golden Gaffe flee so I can get decent exp without worrying about my characters dying.

Edited by Zelos

Freaking hell, I remember that.

Reinforcements up the ass basically force you to shop at Walmart rush to kill Walhart.

I died so many times from the group in the back catching up.

Oh jeez. But you'd still recommend that path over the others I assume?

Oh absolutely. Going up the right or middle seems downright suicidal, IMO.

In Ch17 I had to go up the right side with everything I had, running full force away from the Valkyrie from the left. Thankfully the center troops don't aggro unless in-range, but not true for right or left. I'd initially tried going left, but then I couldn't make it to the boss in time. I ended up using like four charges of Rescue either from fucking up, needing to get low move folks out of range, or on the final turn to get Olivia to dance Chrom/Mu so I could actually kill the commander. I just barely avoided the bullshit reinforcements, but didn't get either of the left two chests because of it. First chapter I didn't get all the treasure, I kind of feel like a failure.

Oh absolutely. Going up the right or middle seems downright suicidal, IMO.

In Ch17 I had to go up the right side with everything I had, running full force away from the Valkyrie from the left. Thankfully the center troops don't aggro unless in-range, but not true for right or left. I'd initially tried going left, but then I couldn't make it to the boss in time. I ended up using like four charges of Rescue either from fucking up, needing to get low move folks out of range, or on the final turn to get Olivia to dance Chrom/Mu so I could actually kill the commander. I just barely avoided the bullshit reinforcements, but didn't get either of the left two chests because of it. First chapter I didn't get all the treasure, I kind of feel like a failure.

Haha, my run is totally like "what is treasure?" for the most part. Although I felt like a success for grabbing 3/4 in 10 and both chests in 11 just now. Especially the Bullion(L). I have a feeling I have a lot of purchases to make over the next few chapters.

(Thanks for the advice, BTW. The volcano was already annoying enough for me on Hard, can't say I look forward to it.)

Hints for others for Ch11 - things you should know about Gangrel:

* He is aggro-in-range.

* He will change to full aggro when the northwest reinforcements come due. Thanks for the correction guys, that makes a lot more sense actually.

* Defeating him will cancel the reinforcement schedule, like it usually does in the GBA games. I'm not sure just how universal this is in FE :/

* He is in range of a fort that is totally reachable with a flier and Olivia on turn 1.

* He is actually not all that strong compared to some of his mooks.

So yeah, I had Sumia!Fred take point while Cordelia!Libra, Avatar and Chrom (switching around) nabbed a couple enemies on the right and Lon'qu!Panne baited one of the swordies, against whom she could survive a hit and actually not get doubled (unlike most of the team). The swordie had to be baited and dragged around a little bit until Avatar could get in striking distance and then everyone mobbed him very carefully and with only a little bit of luck involved (Panne could only do, like, 4 damage). Nowi stole that kill and actually has a fair number of levels now, and B Gregor to boot. On the last turn, Libra ignored a mage to open the right chest with a key (Fred killed the thief after it grabbed the left chest), and thus Cordelia totally saved a turn by getting in a dual strike on EP. 6 turns.

Edited by zahlman

* He will change to full aggro when the northwest reinforcements come due.

I don't think this is true, I've been able to clear out all the reinforcements and then dick around at my leisure before aggroing him, except once he charged me early but I have no idea what caused it (so I assume I was in range and didn't notice)

I think he aggros when you're in range of any of his bottom-crew direct subordinates' range, not just his own. I don't still have my save so I cannot test it. He definitely doesn't aggro when the NW reinforcement comes without some other trigger though.

He definitely doesn't aggro when the NW reinforcement comes without some other trigger though.

This is definite.

Me screwing around in the other Lunatic file:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54SWZCWH_A

Turn 237, and Gangrel and his mooks still haven't moved:

Turn237.png

Urgh, and to think I had so much trouble thinking he automatically moved on like turn 6 when I somehow caused him to aggro >_<

And i need to get that OP dancer + galeforce combo so I can boss rush lol, I can't tolerate the bullcrap reinforcements anymore

oh hey i beat lunatic. Broke the difficulty curve on chapter 17 or something when i got bored of the reinforcement waves.

e: considering the amount of experience avatar and chrom get, i think grinding is too cheap :S

Edited by Polaris

So someone just said that it is possible to up front beat lunatic without:

Using Fredrick

Using Skirmishes, streetpass, wireless bonuses, DLC

Resetting for enemies to all miss.

confirm/deny?

Yeah it's possible.

Lunatic it'self is decently balanced. Paper did a solo avatar run just a bit ago. Although he did use a second seal from reknown but you can do it without that.

Without having Frederick show up in combat even once in the whole game? No fucking way. If nothing else, you'll need him to help out in a Pair, and anyone who says that's not using a unit just as much as anything else is a fool.

You could definitely stop deploying him after a certain point, but I'm not certain how early you could get away with it under those conditions. Playing on Casual would certainly help, or just being willing to sacrifice units occasionally even if you're not.