The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no issue with either hammer guy on my lunatic run. Lunatic+ was a little different cause they could spawn with hawkeye which was rather annoying and my avatar wasn't as strong as he was at the same point in time as he was in my lunatic run.

In fact in my current loony+ run my avatar only is like level 11 after chapter 3 and got a couble of bad levels and I'm debating on starting over again. But idk.

So here's my question.

How much ARE you supposed to use Frederick on a Lunatic+ run?

Prologue pretty much had me feel like each time he's using that Silver Lance to get rid of Luna+ mages and myrmidons, is a little closer to my other units never getting strong enough to survive later chapters.

Especially Chapter 2. Which I never got past on my Japanese copy.

Using fred is easy. Part of it is rng though.

Loony+ prologue: I used fred to kill 3 mercs and 2 mages. He also weakened a few of the bandits.

Chapter 1: I had fred kill most things on this chapter just cause I wanted to test a few things. Just give him avatars bronze sword. Pair him up and have him sit on the fort. If the hammer guy has hawkeye you either have to restart or swap off of fred and hope avatar lives until that guy dies when he comes in range.

Chapter 2: Just have fred pair with sully and have fred run to the forest and stand there for extra defense. Then have him fight for his life. If too many of the enemies spawn with Luna+ you are most likely scrwed and should restart. After the first few turns it gets a bit easier.

Chapter 3: Go to either the left side or the right side and kill that side by EP2 or you lose someone. Then take out the other side. Watch out for counters and watch out for luna+ on the archers/mercs. It was mostly all pretty simply. Just a bit of rng. I actually handled this chapter by going to the left then going in the middle and kiting back to the left until I holed up into a slight defense where avatar had to kill two of the enemies and barely live. Then I opened the door killed the knight and then aggroed the enemies forward and began a kite fest all the way back down the steps on the left side and towards the right killing them off slowly as i could until it was just like a few guys left.

Just find a strat that works for you.

Either way I might restart and try to use fred LESS. I don't intend to grind at all for exp using DLC. I don't even own anything yet except the first free DLC.

Prologue pretty much had me feel like each time he's using that Silver Lance to get rid of Luna+ mages and myrmidons,

To be frank actually. Luna+ mages don't change much cause his res is so bad. It's like 2-3 more damage. Vantage+ mages are MUCH worse. They are like HERE TAKE A FREE 15 DAMAGE HIT. THANKS. Things can't really kill fred on prologue that much though unless they have a lot of luna+ spawns. He 1HKO's any of the mercs and the mages. And perfectly weakens the bandits to avatar/chrome kill range.

Edited by eclipse
Merged double post; this isn't the mafia subforum!

Can anyone give me more tips for chapter 3?

One thing you can do if you do a bit Pair-Up swapping: If you have Chrom pair up with an adjacent character when he passes Kellam to Frederick and the Knight on the right hand side of the map doesn't have Counter or Luna+ you can potentially have Chrom equipped with the Rapier paired with Vaike in range of that Knight and killing the Knight on turn 1 enemy phase(Depends on either Dual attacks or Criticals from the Rapier).

Edited by arvilino

MY GOD that scumbag hammer bandit in chapter 3 LUNA+. HE HAS 100% accuracy cus of the broken skill. Then the counter Knights.. How brutal.

I was able to beat this map, and it's smooth sailing from here. Since start chapter 4 I can abuse brave weapons and dlc's.

So technically chapter 3 and 2 are the hardest chapters in the game.

I am considering not using DLC's/wifi for this thing though. That's just suicide though huh.

For chapter 2, I found getting that Iron Axe on FRED to be a life saver. Take out the ax guys with your bronze sword + Support C Robin (plus str/speed), and then somehow... get the axe and proceed to solo the rest of the map.

Chapter 3, I talked to Kel then pair up, then have him move over to FRED and switch into Chrom then Transfer so that kel gets on fred. Run over to the archer and one shot one. I placed chrom plus a cav in a spot where the Lance guy can hit Chrom equipping rapier. Then the armor knight smacks Fred, and dies. Then my two mages pot shot the lancer safely. Then the archer, then i finish off with Chrom. Fred one shots the other archer.

This is where luck is critical. Fred at this point is a beast and cannot die. But he does die to Counter. and that's about it. So depending on your luck you can do it. I send Fred back over and he was able to kill everything. The second part is very dependent on that hammer bandit. If he has 100% accuracy it's extremely hard. Just kite him accordingly and you'll be fine sine FRED and Kel is a godlike combo. I was extremely unlucky when I beat it though so it's doable regardless. The knights all had counter. So I had to use Javelins to weaken them. Then take 15 damage to myself the next turn when I enemy phase hit the knight.

Once you down hammer knight, it's over. The boss is a joke. :) GOOD LUCK

I am considering not using DLC's/wifi for this thing though. That's just suicide though huh.

Probably. I'm going to give it a shot though. I haven't decided if I am going to give myself 1 playthough of each dlc map or not. I'll probably try not to and then if it gets too overwhelmingly difficult I'll give myself one runthrough of one map, but never replaying any maps. I did justify event tiles and traveling merchants since if the enemy can get luck based bonuses (skills), then I can justify getting a Celica's Gale or Seliph's Blade here and there.

I would like to know if anyone has successfully completed Lunatic+ Classic with no deaths without abusing DLC and Spotpass though, just so I know if it is possible.

I'm probably going to try it anyway, though. There is a severe shortage of Lunatic+ LP's and walkthroughs/videos to help me, so I'll probably end up using this topic for most of the discussion since it seems most of you are only a few chapters ahead of me (I'm on CH.2) and it seems like this collaboration is helpful.

There is a severe shortage of Lunatic+ LP's and walkthroughs/videos to help me, so I'll probably end up using this topic for most of the discussion since it seems most of you are only a few chapters ahead of me (I'm on CH.2) and it seems like this collaboration is helpful.

Since I was having trouble too, I asked another FE fan that has a more intricate knowledge of the Japanese language than I did to help me find a Lunatic+ walkthrough/tips.

Apparently, a google search would have done me some good. XD

A quick Google search returned this:

http://123hrs.web.fc2.com/fe3ds1/lunatic.html

Did a quick glance at 2-or-so chapters' guides. Seems useful enough.

One more:

http://knmc3.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-12.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-13.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-14.html

Using Frederick to get through up to Chapter 3. Requires lots of painful resets.

Other than that... yeah, I'm having trouble with it too.

Loony+ can defintely be done without DLC. The game is made for people to play even if they don't have access to internet. I'm currently playing through it without using dlc except for the Second seal from reknown. And even then that's not NEEDED, just helpful. I'm on chapter 6 and I'm about to finish it as well. After the rough beginning it got a lot easier.

Loony+ can defintely be done without DLC.

I'm sure it can be done, but a more interesting question is whether it can it be done reliably, with a reasonable success rate (50% win rate or better) on most every map and without using other goofy things like Anna shops, Renown items, and event tile weapons.

Am I the only one that is pissed at how poorly balanced Chapter 2 is? I can't believe the same guys that made FE12 Lunatic made a chapter this dumb and RNG reliant.

Yeah I really don't get why so many maps are so wide open and filled with so many zerg rushing enemies. That' s the main cause of alot of the nonsense on the higher difficulties early on, and with my intense apathy towards the game after the first opening chapters. Then you have Nosferatu breaking even Lunatic and the absurd randomness of Lunatic + and I just become baffled that the same studio that made FE7, FE9, and FE12 made this. IS never knew the meaning of balance, but Awakening takes things to a whole new level, for the player and against them.

Ahaha, I went from normal/casual to lunatic/classic in one go.I'm having an unexpected problem in lunatic mode.

Chrom, Robin, and Fred destroy everything making it difficult for the other units to gain exp. It's not even intentional; they're the only ones who can hold off the early chapter enemy onslaught lol. By the time the weaker units can safely get in some kills the chapter is just about finished.

These are the exp stealing perpetrators:

Chrom, level 15: 33/19/4/17/18/15/14/5

Robin (+magic, -luck), level 13: 27/12/14/11/13/11/13/9

Freddy, level 7: 35/19/2/14/13/7/17/3

Fred is great for chipping and leaving leftovers for the weaklings. Robin and Chrom don't leave behind any enemy scraps.

And these are the exp deprived victims:

Virion, level 4: 21/8/1/11/6/8/6/2

Sully, level 4: 22/8/2/9/9/8/9/3

Sumia, level 5: 22/9/5/13/14/10/5/9

Lon'qu, level 6: 21/8/3/13/15/9/9/3

Ricken, level 4: 26/4/9/8/6/10/6/4 (He got chapter 6's secret book just cuz and the angelic robe renown award so he'd not be 1 rounded by everything under the sun)

I just decided to reclass Lissa to pegasus knight with the second seal I got as a renown award so that's another unit to feed kills...

Lissa, level 10 cleric----->level 1 pegasus knight: 25/9/7/14/16/14/8/7

There's such an enormous level disparity. I almost feel like dropping everyone that's not Chrom/Robin/Fred but that would be too easy lol. Is it normal for the weaker units to be so far behind? Can all of them be salvaged?

For reference I've finished chapter 6 and I'm about to move on to paralogue 2.

Oh ya, any tips on reclassing and seal priority (who should get which seal when and who should promote to what when) or any other random stuff?

Basically you were supposed to use paralogues 1 and early on chapter 4/5 and paralogue 2 to train whoever you planned on using. You really won't end up with a full team most likely. It's possible but generally for lunatic a lot of people just had a hand-select few that they used to fight through the game.

My main team was:

Sully

Kellam

Lonqu

Nowi

Nah

Morgan

And of course chrome since he had to be deployed but I didn't really use him. Sully and lonqu ended up getting benched about midway through the game and Nowi and kellam ended up being benched around late game.

Obviously I'm not as far as you (on Ch. 5), but so far I'm doing passably in that department. Off the top of my head I have something like:

Chrom 5 (almost 6)

Fred 4

Lissa 11

Stahl 7

Kellam 7

Miriel 4 (will be 5 on turn 2)

Lon'qu 5

Sumia 2 (not actually being used for combat)

Paralogue 1 was really incredible for me though, and I've been favoring Stahl at nearly every opportunity. It's really nice how everyone but Miriel can survive a round of combat now.

Edited by Recondite

Any tips for quickly beating Chapter 11 on Lunatic while getting the Bullion L and getting Olivia to attack with Chrom? I need the funds and I also need Chrom and Olivia to team up for at least one attack since that's the only way they'll actually get married. And Chapter 11 has been surrounding me with mages that just surround me and kill me overtime so I need to kill Gangrel ASAP. (I gave Lon'qu a Chest key, and Lissa has a 1 use left Rescue staff and Libra a 5 use Rescue staff)

I am using a level 13 Lord Chrom, 19 GK Frederick, 12 Tactician MU, 3 Swordmaster Lon'qu, level 4 Sage Lissa, Level 10 Gregor, Level 3 Libra, level 10/1 Wyvern Rider Panne, Cordelia (support only), and Olivia.

Edited by Quick

Glad to say that I just cleared Lunatic Classic.

The first few chapters were the hardest, but things eased up until the late game where I had to start dropping units from my team because they just couldn't keep up. I ended up just soloing the last few chapters with doubled Chrom and Avatar, using Morgan for cries and Olivia for dancing.

Am I the only one that is pissed at how poorly balanced Chapter 2 is? I can't believe the same guys that made FE12 Lunatic made a chapter this dumb and RNG reliant.

If you don't try to rush through it by tanking everything with Fred, and instead run to the left (like I did), or the right (like someone else did, not sure why you wouldn't want that mountain for cover though :3) you still need a bit of luck but not nearly as much. Mostly you need one of the soldiers to not go to the left around the mountain, which he does less than half the time (maybe it was because my positioning of Lissa was different). And you can't usually afford to miss, but you don't have to rely on enemy misses.

Specifically, my turn 1, because you have to do it just right to successfully hide: put Virion on Fred, Lissa on Stahl, Vaike on Sully and Avatar on Chrom. Put Fred just south of the southeast corner of the mountain, Chrom under him (switch to Avatar if necessary), and Sully under that (The mercenary can't hit her there), and run Stahl behind the line you made and drop Lissa. You'll need to do something with Virion at some point so that Miriel can get onto Fred turn 2.

Any tips for quickly beating Chapter 11 on Lunatic while getting the Bullion L and getting Olivia to attack with Chrom? I need the funds and I also need Chrom and Olivia to team up for at least one attack since that's the only way they'll actually get married. And Chapter 11 has been surrounding me with mages that just surround me and kill me overtime so I need to kill Gangrel ASAP. (I gave Lon'qu a Chest key, and Lissa has a 1 use left Rescue staff and Libra a 5 use Rescue staff)

I am using a level 13 Lord Chrom, 19 GK Frederick, 12 Tactician MU, 3 Swordmaster Lon'qu, level 4 Sage Lissa, Level 10 Gregor, Level 3 Libra, level 10/1 Wyvern Rider Panne, Cordelia (support only), and Olivia.

Just have Olivia dance for Chrom, that also gives Heart icons, so I'm sure builds support points. Not sure about what to suggest for the rest of your woes, but you can definitely pull one of the mages before the turn they all suddenly go aggro. If your MU has decent Res, try tanking a few with her? I have no idea how you have a 19 Fred... I have no idea what to suggest, actually.

I restarted my Lunatic playthrough since i was extremely low on Javelin & Silver Lance uses by Ch. 5. I went with Classic mode this time.

I may cave in to DLC grinding if i know i won't make it through at some point (this is for the sake of unlocking Lunatic+).