The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick Google search returned this:

http://123hrs.web.fc...s1/lunatic.html

Did a quick glance at 2-or-so chapters' guides. Seems useful enough.

One more:

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-11.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-12.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-13.html

http://knmc3.blog.fc...g-entry-14.html

Using Frederick to get through up to Chapter 3. Requires lots of painful resets.

Those links were fairly useful. They aren't extremely detailed, but they'll give you the right idea. It is difficult to make sense of google translate's translation though!

The more chapters I do, the better I get at recognizing who can't have what skills or I have to reset. I guess I'll end up figuring out most of the stuff on my own but I'll use the first link for a general idea when I'm stumped (I managed to get up to chapter 5). All this resetting is really starting to get on my nerves, though.

Edited by Why so Sirius?

Random-ish trivia: the Brave Axe glitch is still in effect for this version; Brave Axes still turn into Silver Axes on higher difficulties (like Lunatic) where they get forged. Somewhat disappointing.

Managed to beat Chapter 11 with ChromxOlivia as the end result, with 10,000 gold to boot. I'll tell you guys how incase you need it.

First I gave Lon'qu a speed tonic and a Levin Sword so he can double the Hero at the very beginning of the map and a Levin Sword so he can attack mages. (If you can't afford it then I rarely used it so it shouldn't matter) Then I set up my positions so Olivia could team up with Chrom and dance Panne with Lon'qu and to start killing the enemies at the far left. (I also paired Frederick with Cordelia to keep them close to attack range) Then I used Libra with Gregor to "warp" Olivia near attack range but barely missing it. The turn ended with Lon'qu near an 11 HP Hero, and 2 Wyverns. Chrom and Olivia finished the Hero and then Cordelia swooped in and traded Frederick for Olivia and danced Chrom with Frederick away and Lissa with MU rescued her to safety. Long story short, I got Frederick to sit on the fortress and use his Javelin to dispatch all the Mages and almost kill Gangrel, while Lon'qu and Panne took the reinforcements at the top left part of the map to keep Olivia and company safe. I used Libra to bait some Mages for the sake of not wasting EXP and I got Gangrel to attack MU and let him kill him. (With the help of Lissa) I also caught the thief at the nick of time and I managed to beat the chapter from there! In the next chapter I'm going to need to find a way to dance abuse Olivia to 30 so I can have an awesome Lucina.

Also, I got Frederick to level 20, Chrom to level 15, MU to Level 13, and Lon'qu got Astra. Should I reclass Frederick and if so what? And I have an extra Master Seal so who should I spend that on? (I also am using Gregor who I can class change to a Hero but I didn't level him up yet)

Edited by Quick

Am I the only one that is pissed at how poorly balanced Chapter 2 is? I can't believe the same guys that made FE12 Lunatic made a chapter this dumb and RNG reliant.

Ch. 2 actually isn't that bad but yeah FE13 Lunatic is ass compared to FE12

If Frederick is LV20, you need to reclass him ASAP. Wyvern Lord is great for him for mobility, although I'm not sure it's as important now as earlier.

Going with that, then. I can always reclass him into a Great Knight and he gains/loses....nothing. Except for more levels which I find to be funny. I'm assuming Chapter 16 will require a Flier though since that's the only way I managed to beat it in Hard Mode so I think I'll stick with this.

I'm assuming it's also a good idea to promote MU first over Chrom, since he can probably utilize the boosts better than Chrom.

Random-ish trivia: the Brave Axe glitch is still in effect for this version; Brave Axes still turn into Silver Axes on higher difficulties (like Lunatic) where they get forged. Somewhat disappointing.

Are you sure? I forged plenty of Brave Axes during my Lunatic runthrough. Maybe there's some circumstance I'm not familiar with surrounding the glitch.

Are you sure? I forged plenty of Brave Axes during my Lunatic runthrough. Maybe there's some circumstance I'm not familiar with surrounding the glitch.

Enemy weapons, I mean. Not player weapons.

I beat Lunatic I can join the club now right?

Ch. 2 actually isn't that bad but yeah FE13 Lunatic is ass compared to FE12

you mean FE13 lunatic was worse built than FE12?

and chapter 2 was absolutely terrible but eventually if you know what you're doing and have it all planned out you can beat it without too much trouble but you seriously have to think it through to get past the first part or you're screwed (like, puzzle-wise, and Frederick needs to have certain stats from his level-ups >___>', or else it becomes significantly harder, as sad as that sounds >___>'). I can say this because I beat chapter 2 on Lunatic again and it wasn't nearly as bad the 2nd time as it was the 1st time, albeit it was still challenging.

Enemy weapons, I mean. Not player weapons.

Oh, that would explain why I didn't notice it since not many enemies have braves. I knew I was missing something! That is weird that they didn't fix it though, unless it was deliberate because they thought forged braves were too broken. I doubt it, they let other things through that are more broken (I'm looking at you, Counter+)!!! I never understood why FE11 H5 featured enemies with forged braves, but the later harder modes in FE12 and FE13 didn't.

you mean FE13 lunatic was worse built than FE12?

and chapter 2 was absolutely terrible but eventually if you know what you're doing and have it all planned out you can beat it without too much trouble but you seriously have to think it through to get past the first part or you're screwed (like, puzzle-wise, and Frederick needs to have certain stats from his level-ups >___>', or else it becomes significantly harder, as sad as that sounds >___>'). I can say this because I beat chapter 2 on Lunatic again and it wasn't nearly as bad the 2nd time as it was the 1st time, albeit it was still challenging.

I agree with Paper on the fact that Chapter 2 really wasn't that bad. It was really gay on Loony+ but on normally Lunatic it wasn't that bad.

Chapter 2 on Loony+ is easy if you just tactically suicide Vaike, I mean he doesn't have a weapon anyway *shot*

I also happened to get a Roy's Blade from an event tile and my Fred and Chrom both got decent level-ups, most importantly HP, strength, speed, and defense for Fred

Anyhow you guys say it wasn't really that bad but TMK you're pros so idk how much your opinion holds weight XD

but yeah I think the difficulty jump is definitely there though which is why it catches people off-guard. It's also tempting to just go into the forests right away because "OMG TERRAIN BONUS" but in actuality that's not necessarily the best move because you have to think more about which enemies are within range and where they'll be for the next turn so you can run everyone else out of range SUCH THAT they don't get killed. And lastly, handing Virion's elixir over to Frederick (preferably the chapter before since it's difficult otherwise... FORESIGHT FTW) is suuuuuper useful IMO. After the first wave you can just abuse the fortress after so it's easy from there AFAIC.

I got lucky and managed to get my hands on a master seal on my first visit to a merchant shop. Who should I use it on?

Chrom, level 15: 33/19/4/17/18/15/14/5

Robin (+magic, -luck), level 13: 27/12/14/11/13/11/13/9

Freddy, level 7: 35/19/2/14/13/7/17/3

Virion, level 4: 21/8/1/11/6/8/6/2

Sully, level 4: 22/8/2/9/9/8/9/3

Sumia, level 5: 22/9/5/13/14/10/5/9

Lon'qu, level 6: 21/8/3/13/15/9/9/3

Ricken, level 4: 26/4/9/8/6/10/6/4

Lissa, level 10 cleric----->level 1 pegasus knight: 25/9/7/14/16/14/8/7

These are the current candidates. I'm also using Maribelle but I didn't feel like listing her stats. xP

Basically you were supposed to use paralogues 1 and early on chapter 4/5 and paralogue 2 to train whoever you planned on using. You really won't end up with a full team most likely. It's possible but generally for lunatic a lot of people just had a hand-select few that they used to fight through the game.

My main team was:

Sully

Kellam

Lonqu

Nowi

Nah

Morgan

And of course chrome since he had to be deployed but I didn't really use him. Sully and lonqu ended up getting benched about midway through the game and Nowi and kellam ended up being benched around late game.

Thank you very much! I still have paralogue 2 to go so maybe it's not too late! I want to suffer so I'm going to attempt to raise Donnel as well. I only got him the level he needed to be recruited in paralogue 1. Surprisingly, when paired up with Lissa he doesn't get 1 rounded by everything!

I didn't sacrifice anyone until Chapter 5. Where I basically said Maribelle and ricken could just die.

D:

Thankfully my Lissa had just enough magic to use the rescue staff on them on turn 1! I suppose she could also pair up with Miriel (or possibly MU if MU's magic and support level with her are high enough) to get the rescue range even if she's screwed with base magic or not leveled enough/at all to reach the 4 range needed, but that would cost MU/ Miriel a turn of fighting. It was easier for me to position MU in the right spot from turn one.

Speaking of hard to avoid deaths, what happens if 'Marth' and 'Anna' have their HP depleted in their respective chapters (CH 6 and paralogue 2 iirc)? I've forgotten if an item is gotten for keeping them alive.

Managed to beat Chapter 11............

Chrom to level 15, MU to Level 13

My Chrom and MU are those exact levels and I've just beaten chapter 6. xD

Edited by DaimThunder

D:

Thankfully my Lissa had just enough magic to use the rescue staff on them on turn 1! I suppose she could also pair up with Miriel (or possibly MU if MU's magic and support level with her are high enough) to get the rescue range even if she's screwed with base magic or not leveled enough/at all to reach the 4 range needed, but that would cost MU/ Miriel a turn of fighting. It was easier for me to position MU in the right spot from turn one.

I sacced them on loony+ so as to help avatar live a bit better on the fort. The healed him and caused two things to attack them which was able to help a little bit. Although when I get back to that point again I most likely won't sacrifice them.

Speaking of hard to avoid deaths, what happens if 'Marth' and 'Anna' have their HP depleted in their respective chapters (CH 6 and paralogue 2 iirc)? I've forgotten if an item is gotten for keeping them alive.

I do not remember getting an item for keeping Anna alive in P2, and I think Marth fought the good fight and retired in Ch6, so I couldn't tell you either way there.

Of course I beat my casual(Normal mode, not casual mode) playthrough and jump up to Loony only for SF to switch servers dry.gif. Picked +Def -Lck MU, got past Chapter 1 so far.. Had to pair Sully up with Freddy just for him to 0HK0 merc's. Paired up MU with Chrom and switched them around to reduce healing needs. Kept Lissa on the outskirts of the enemy range. Basic formula was let Chrom/MU take 1 hit, snipe with Virion, hit with Chrom/MU for kill, and let Freddy take down Archers/Mercs. I got RNG blessed with the Hammer guy missed, then Chrom went in for a kill. Virion and Lissa went out of range, Freddy countered the boss and then MU killed. Freddy, Chrom, Lissa and MU are all level 2(with MU having 99 XP), don't think Virion leveled, and Sully never even participated beyond stat-boosting Freddy. Freddy also only has 11 Silver Lance uses cry.gif Trying to get a mad dash to the right on chapter 2, but that's not working so far. Miriel and Vaike get left on the edge(or worse, Lissa), and promptly get doubled and killed. Gonna try to the left next time. Haven't tried and offensive stratedegy yet, but I don't Freddy will survive if I move him up, and I know no one else will. Maybe if I move forward in a box . . .

lolfinally20turns.png

I AM SCRUB. SEE ME FAIL.

Man these level ups.

LevelUpLunaticPlus1.pngLevelUpLunaticPlus2.png

At least Chrom got a good one.

LevelUpLunaticPlus3.png

Video will be up soon. See me scrub with a button press failure. I pressed A when I wanted to press B, and it would have normally ended in a game over, but Frederick decided to Dual Attack and save my ass.

So that Paralogue 17 huh. I can't see how it's possible to get enough kills/turn unless your refuse to Pair Up your units, and then I can't see how you get the stats to ORKO the bastards.

I tried Charging the boss to kill him and stop reinforcements from spawning. ...Except they continued to spawn anyway. :facepalm: Weeeell, shit.

So that Paralogue 17 huh. I can't see how it's possible to get enough kills/turn unless your refuse to Pair Up your units, and then I can't see how you get the stats to ORKO the bastards.

I tried Charging the boss to kill him and stop reinforcements from spawning. ...Except they continued to spawn anyway. :facepalm: Weeeell, shit.

If you are aiming for 100% You only need to protect five slots. You can rescue tiki back to the very top.

If you don't want 100%, let Tiki die.