Just ordered my first SMT type game from Amazon. But I have a question?

DoubleSpeedAttack

Hi folks I am trying to build up my 3DS collection as right now I currently just have Fire Emblem Awakening.

I decided to get into the SMT series and order Devil Survivor overclocked.

I was just wondering if there were any similar sites to Serenes Forest for the SMT series so I can find out some info and not be totally lost?

Although to be honest SF is just a one of a kind and is part of the reason I love Fire Emblem so much. But yeah any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I usually use gamefaqs for walkthroughs only. The boards can be iffy, depending on what game it is. Some are more helpful than others. Also, if you like Overclocked, the older SMT games (especially Nocturne) are great, as well as the spin-offs like Devil Summoner and Persona (if you have a ps2). If you don't like Overclocked try the spin-offs anyways, they're pretty different in terms of gameplay. SMT is just a great franchise all around.

Yeah, I usually use gamefaqs for walkthroughs only. The boards can be iffy, depending on what game it is. Some are more helpful than others. Also, if you like Overclocked, the older SMT games (especially Nocturne) are great, as well as the spin-offs like Devil Summoner and Persona (if you have a ps2). If you don't like Overclocked try the spin-offs anyways, they're pretty different in terms of gameplay. SMT is just a great franchise all around.

Thanks so much guys I cant wait to get into the series!

Devil Survivor's pretty good I guess. It's a nice look at Shin Megami Tensei specifically, but I'd recommend far more strongly looking for Digital Devil Summoner or Persona 3 or 4. Those games are the culmination of everything good about their games all packed in one nice package.

I can't in good faith recommend the SMT community I occasionally visit. Not without knowing your tolerances to rampant spoilers, and nonzero possibility of non-worksafe imagery.

If you're trying to list negatives of your community you should've just stuck to the spoilers comment.

Although I can envision an SMT community being the utmost of elitist snobs. >__>

If you're trying to list negatives of your community you should've just stuck to the spoilers comment.

I didn't claim these were negatives, per se. Just things that not everybody may appreciate.