What were Atlus and IS thinking?

120 members have voted

1. 1. What possesed Atlus And IS to make this crazy crossover?

• Gods
    • Demons
    • Drugs
    • Alcohol
    • Alan Moore
    • Tetsuya Nomura
    • Archie meets The Punisher
    • Fanfic writers
    • Money
    • Something Else

Darn this cossover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUINING MY PRECIOUS WITTLE FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean what will happen? I am Chrom, of Ylisse! And I say to you...! (Someone from Shin Megami Tensei Shoots him) Oh gods, NO! Yells Chrom. They finish him off. Or here's another, 100 warriors from Fire Emblem against 10 SMT's with machine guns??? I challenge my fate! Yells Lucina. Like 5 people from Fire Emblem get a foot forward before being shot to death... GEE!!!!!!!!! How intense a battle!!!! What a crossover.... NOT!

Darn this cossover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUINING MY PRECIOUS WITTLE FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean what will happen? I am Chrom, of Ylisse! And I say to you...! (Someone from Shin Megami Tensei Shoots him) Oh gods, NO! Yells Chrom. They finish him off. Or here's another, 100 warriors from Fire Emblem against 10 SMT's with machine guns??? I challenge my fate! Yells Lucina. Like 5 people from Fire Emblem get a foot forward before being shot to death... GEE!!!!!!!!! How intense a battle!!!! What a crossover.... NOT!

Techically you could say the same thing with bows and magic in FE anyways if it was any logical standpoint so.. Yeah I'm not seeing your complaint being viable

Techically you could say the same thing with bows and magic in FE anyways if it was any logical standpoint so.. Yeah I'm not seeing your complaint being viable

Yah, because someone with a bow or magic is going to beat someone armed with an auto . Well, anyways, would you rather be armed with a bow or an automatic gun??? (I thought so) By the time a mage or whatever could even even get a spell launching at the enemy second of all. They'd all ready be filled with QUITE, a few holes. And then, which would you rather have, 50 Snipers and 50 Sages at the same time. Or 50 soldiers armed with auto's. The auto's would LITERALLY, stuff just about every enemy before they could launch an attack. So yes, it is a viable argument. It's either, pull out an arrow from your quiver, aim and shoot. Or shoot your auto immediately. Take your time with your spell, or launch immediately. If you had to face one enemy, I'm pretty sure anyone who thinks with any sort of logic PROOOOOOOBABLY, wouldn't pick a bow THAT'S for sure, or even Magic, before they'd pick anything automatic (and anyone who says they'd take the first two are LIARS, that's for sure.).

Because guns have never been used in fantasy RPGs before, and when they are used, they always produce surefire fatal attacks and the enemy, whether boss or mook, can never hit you with their sword/magic/etc. in return.

• 2 weeks later...

They can simply take guns out since guns in SMT were mostly for the MC that lacked the ability to use Magic (and to make the heroine useful). Since most recent SMT have MCs with magic they can simpy make Aleph and Kazuya (SMT 1 and 2) use magic as well or simply grant them elemental melee weapons.

Although I would like to see how the FE cast handles a Megidolaon. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Shin Megami Tensei in general has revved up in popularity overseas ever since Persona 3 and SMT Nocturne became huge hits (less so with Nocturne I think, but still popular) and now Fire Emblem exploded into awesome with Awakening since everyone I've heard talk about it seems to love it to death (which I agree with).

It seems like an "er, what?" decision at first, but a crazy crossover like this will honestly be really cool. It could open up other Nintendo x Third-Party ideas that isn't just more Mario+Sonic's Olympic Shenanigans. That and it just might lead to more Smash Bros. possibilities.

Plus, it's not like SMT hasn't had an SRPG before since Devil Survivor was partially one combined with old-school SMT battle scenes. Just imagine Devil Survivor's system with Fire Emblem characters joining in. I'd buy that up real quick.