Create a skillset and caps for a Soldier -> Halberdier Class

Djing

Would impale work if it increased the damage done by critical hits when the user has a lance?

Given that only the -faire skills are dependent on weapon type, I think it would be best to have any such skill be independent of it, like the others.

But even then, critical hits are already so powerful that buffing their damage further doesn't make much sense.

-snip-

Lv. 1: Syenergy (Any allied unit that are adjacent to this unit, as well as the user, gains a +10% increase in Dual Strike and Dual Block, so long as they're adjacent to each other. It is not stackable, so the unit can only receive the benefit from this bonus once, but can give it to as many units as possible that can be adjacent to him/her, provided they don't have the skill themselves, and aren't benefitting from the skill's effects from another unit with this skill.)

-snip-

Oops. I first read "Psynergy" - now that would be broken as hell. And kinda change the entire game.

Your suggestion makes considerably more sense; I like it, although I would say the bonus is rather high. +5% - max - for a Lv. 1 skill (or even anything else, actually).

Making this more akin to Dread Fighter/Bride than a straight promotion

HP: 80

STR: 44

MAG: 30

SKL: 47

SPE: 44

LCK: 45

DEF: 42

RES: 35

Lv.1 Skill - Omnibreaker (+15 Hit/Avoid if the enemy is equipped with a Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Tome)

Lv.15 Skill - Reinforce (Summons a Lv.10 Soldier. Soldier can't support, trade weapons, be involved in pair up, and has generic dialogue on event tiles. Soldier disappears at the end of the map. Can only be used once per map.)

I noticed that both Bride and Dread Fighter have a Lv.1 skill superior to an already existing skill (Res +10 vs Res +2 and Rally Heart vs Rally Movement). I also really like Tanith's Reinforce from FE9 so I wanted to put it in FE9 as well.

-snip-

This I like too. A lot. I loved using Phantoms to draw aggro in FE8, and I would say that the stats of the reinforcement would work similarly: as your unit levels, the units summoned get slightly stronger, with better weapons.

I also like the idea of it being a single Lv. 30 class like the DLC classes and other special classes.

Question: are people imagining that this would fill the roll of generic/common low-level enemy like soldiers do in most FE games (including this one), or is this something else entirely?

My ideas:

Soldier Lv1: Defensive stance (+3 Def/Res when attacked)

Soldier Lv10: Ambush

Myrmidon Lv10: Cancel (May cancel enemy's counterattack or second attack, trigger: Skl/2)

Sentinel Lv5: Nihil (Chance of nullifing enemy skills at the start of the battle, all of them, trigger: Skl/2)

Sentinel Lv15: Lancefaire

Falcoknight Lv15: Adept (Trigger: Skl)

I think there should be more unmounted classes with lances.

Oops. I first read "Psynergy" - now that would be broken as hell. And kinda change the entire game.

Your suggestion makes considerably more sense; I like it, although I would say the bonus is rather high. +5% - max - for a Lv. 1 skill (or even anything else, actually).

I was thinking of decreasing the bonus to around that actually, based upon the criticism I've got so far... though even that might be a bit much...

Commander: Low attack, but great Def/Res

Stat Caps:

HP: 80

Str: 35

Mag:33

Skl: 40

Spd: 45

Lck: ???

Def: 50

Res: 50

Weapons: Axes, Tomes

Skills:

Level 5: Disguise - Enemy will heal you when using fortify/goddess staff

Level 15: Run - Always have an attack range of 1-2

One, that came out of nowhere, two, that's just absurd. Not only do the skills make no sense to associate with the class, the first is unbelievably niche and the second is disgustingly broken.

Not entirely sure about caps, but how about this for a skillset?

Soldier

Lvl 1: Salvage: Picks up random Iron weapon (Luck%)

Lvl 10: Crit +5 or +10

Halberdier:

Lvl 5: Adept: Chance at second attack hitting at 3/4 damage (Skill/2)

Level 15: Lancefaire

Level 15 Falcoknight replacement skill: Canto, allows to use up rest of movement after Attack/Staff/Trade/Transfer/etc