Arwings and Andross: The Star Fox Character Discussion Thread

TharjaAssault

If anyone wants to start a franchise discussion feel free to. I just thought I'd start up the FE one, because this site obviously needs it, and then my most wanted newcomer hails from none other than Star Fox.

Who's returning: Fox, Falco, Wolf (probably)

I don't doubt for a second Fox and Falco will return. I'm hoping they'll be further differentiated. Wolf is a different story, however. I don't think it's likely that he will be cut, but it's possible. If he makes it back, I think he too will both be further differentiated from Fox.

Who's making it in? Krystal (possibly)

As much as I want her, it's really 50/50. She's got the credentials. She's popular, she's got moveset potential, and that's all a character really needs for candidacy. It's just weather or not Sakurai picks her, and I'm hoping he does. The only other legitimate choice I see besides Krystal would be Slippy.

Feel free to discuss any Characters from Star Fox here.

Been playing starfox since 64. Just felt the need to say that lol, anyways. I personally think it will be Fox and one of Falco/Wolf along with Krystal, all four seems to be a stretch but then again I thought 3 was a bit of one back in brawl So who knows? Fox and Falco have the team dynamic and rivalry. Meanwhile Fox and Wolf have the rival teams and opposite natures. I think whatever Sakurai wants to go with will work. But I'm just thinking we'll stick with 3 characters.

Krystal has alot of potential with the staff from adventures, it would give her some needed freshness compared to the other Star Fox dudes.

Even if we didn't get krystal, I woudl hope we get a Saurian level.

Could you imagine this on the Wii U?

Ss06.jpg

Beautiful

That it is. They could also use those temples from the Sauria stage in Assault if they wanted to as well.

Cloud Runner Fortress? Ehhhh, if a new Starfox stage would be used I think it would be based on either Krazoa Temple or the hub area. If Adventures is represented at all this time anyway. As far as characters go, I think Falco might stay(not saying this 'cause he's my favorite Starfox character or one of my mains nope), Fox's friend and rival and what not. Iunno if a new character will be introduced, but it would be neat if it were Krystal.

I don't see Falco leaving, and I don't really see Wolf leaving either, although I think it's possible. Krystal's chances really hinge on her own merits, not so much the number of character represented by her franchise. If her own merits interest Sakurai, she'll be added.

I think they'll keep both Falco and Wolf, I can't really see either of them leaving. They're pretty much the three main characters of the franchise. If they added another character from the SF series, I'd personally hope it to be Leon, but Krystal has the higher chance. But hey, I can hope and dream. And I despise Krystal...

While Falco is my favorite character yea, he didn't really propel a plot. Unless you count the manga. Farewell, Beloved Falco. Which to my knowledge is canon [it came with Adventures in the Japanese version]

Edited by Jedi

Well, Falco moved some plot in Starfox Command. But that doesn't matter since Command is more than likely not canon to anything. Also, I still don't understand the Krystal hate.

Well, Falco moved some plot in Starfox Command. But that doesn't matter since Command is more than likely not canon to anything. Also, I still don't understand the Krystal hate.

I've never understood the hate either really :/. I think Krystal is a fine character.

Also thanks for reminding me of Command [i actually did like bits of it]

Edited by Jedi

It all stems from either: Hating furries, or blaming her for SF not being as good as 64. That's where it mostly comes from. The first one is irrelevant to Smash, and the second one is misplaced anger.

No, I think I'd be correct. I think as far as main characters go, it'd be Fox>Andross>Wolf>Falco>Krystal>Everyone else. I don't count Command, that game was pretty unnecessary. Assault didn't need Krystal at all, in fact it really needed no one except Fox and the villains, same with the original/64/3D. Krystal has only really ever done anything useful in Adventures, otherwise she's been nothing except drama for Fox (which I find kinda lame).

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Ditto to you good sir/madam, really the only ones who'd know for certain are the developers, so.

Or someone who just looks at the basic plotline, and how Falco doesn't play a part in any major plotpoints, ever. While Krystal at least has Adventures, and her love interest role.

Or someone who just looks at the basic plotline, and how Falco doesn't play a part in any major plotpoints, ever. While Krystal at least has Adventures, and her love interest role.

Which I have. Love interest isn't very important, what series doesn't have one of those? I can think of none. Falco (as stated above) has that manga, and in 64/3DS keeping him alive is the only way to unlock certain pathways which lead to the "true" ending, therefore pushing the "true" plot.

Which I have. Love interest isn't very important, what series doesn't have one of those? I can think of none. Falco (as stated above) has that manga, and in 64/3DS keeping him alive is the only way to unlock certain pathways which lead to the "true" ending, therefore pushing the "true" plot.

Pokemon doesn't have any love interests. Also, you don't even have to go to Sector Y/keep Falco healthy for the true ending in 64/3D. As long as you go to Venom from Area 64 you get the true end.

Pokemon doesn't have any love interests. Also, you don't even have to go to Sector Y/keep Falco healthy for the true ending in 64/3D. As long as you go to Venom from Area 64 you get the true end.

I've done this multiple times, and it's never worked for me. Never gotten the true ending unless Falco was healthy and I got to Sector Y. I wonder what I'm doing wrong...

And it's not like a Non-Canon appearence and Sector Y outrank Krystal being the entire plotpoint behind Adventures.

BUT LIKE I'VE SAID, "importance" isn't that big of a factor. It's really about uniqueness, popularity, when it comes down to it. Sakurai likes to add characters that make people want to play the game, and make the gameplay interesting. Two things Krystal can do.

Edited by TharjaAssault

And it's not like a Non-Canon appearence and Sector Y outrank Krystal being the entire plotpoint behind Adventures.

BUT LIKE I'VE SAID, "importance" isn't that big of a factor. It's really about uniqueness, popularity, when it comes down to it. Sakurai likes to add characters that make people want to play the game, and make the gameplay interesting. Two things Krystal can do.

I was under the impression the manga was canon. And no need to be condescending and sarcastic about it. I find Falco important, I don't find Krystal important, that's that, I'm not stating it as fact it's just how I view them. And for you to tell me I'm wrong and act like you know everything is just plain rude. I'll just leave now, since I'm being talked down to which always seems to happen to me in every discussion, why do I bother?

I've done this multiple times, and it's never worked for me. Never gotten the true ending unless Falco was healthy and I got to Sector Y. I wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Couple of different ways really. Warp to Katina from Meteo and continue the medium route to Macbeth and shoot the switches, boom, Area 64. Another way is beating Star Wolf on Fichina and going to Solar, same as above. Another is warping from Sector X to Sector Z, well, you'd have to make sure the Great Fox doesn't get hit to go to Area 64. The last is also in Sector X wherein you have to beat the boss fast enough so Slippy won't try to be a hero, boom, Macbeth yadda yadda.

As far as 'canon' routes go I think it's Corneria>Meteo>Fichina>Solar>Macbeth>Area 64>Venom.