Arwings and Andross: The Star Fox Character Discussion Thread

TharjaAssault

Landmaster is totally the best newcomer for Smash 4

Instead of focusing on a new character, I'd like them to make the already existing character's special moves more unique, and then add a new character (Krystal) if the development time remains.

I'd rather they add Krystal as a non-clone, and then see what happens with the rest of the cast.

I'd say Fox, Falco, and Wolf representing Star Fox is fine as it is. It's not major enough like Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda to justify a 4th character.

Character additions are based on the characters merits, not the "slots" each series "deserves". Dat Smash Spec logic.

Edited by TharjaAssault

If Falco has any advantage over Krystal, it's that he was one of the original characters, has been in every SF game released and was also in SF2, which wasn't officially unleashed (which sucks because the unofficial version I played kicked some serious ass).

I don't hate Krystal, but she's a "Deanna Troi" psychic. She's got ESP, but never uses it to tell the player anything they haven't already figured out themselves. Still, it would be fun if she made it in the game. I'll never say no to a sexy English accent.

If Falco has any advantage over Krystal, it's that he was one of the original characters, has been in every SF game released and was also in SF2, which wasn't officially unleashed (which sucks because the unofficial version I played kicked some serious ass).

The way Falco has an advantage is already being in Smash twice. Wolf has an advantage of being in Smash once. Krystal's unparalleled. She has no competition within' her own series. It's a matter of Sakurai going "Hmm, she could be interesting". Star Fox is one of the few series with a definitive choice for a newcomer.

There always is Slippy, but I think Sakurai definitely would recognize Krystal's popularity. Especially if he was to look back on his Brawl poll (Where she was easily one of the top 10 most wanted), or even so much as check out general Smash forums (Where she's still one of the top ten most wanted)

Krystal would be the more interesting moveset choice to me, but I'd be cool with anything, as long as Fox has kung-fu aerial dominance, Falco (if in) goes back to dunking people and setting people up to be dunked, and Wolf (if in) feels appropriately brutal

I;m only here to mention something interesting I heard on some vod, and I have any idea if it can be backed up, but there were some notions that Sakurai wants the cast to be the same size as Brawl, which doesn't necessarily mean the same cast (hell, Megaman's in it). I believe that's a statement he actually gave. I dunno if he gave one on this next bit though, that being that he wanted to get rid of clone characters. The thing less believable than that was that he has wanted Wolf in since the 64 days (he was at least in the intro for Melee)

Now this could mean a couple things. Falco and Wolf get the axe, get do-overs, or someone is getting replaced. Wolf's moveset is at least different enough to consider him the Ken to Fox's Ryu, but Falco's practically a copy/paste. Now if a good majority of the above is true, my money would be on Falco getting replaced or simply axed.

Only speculation though like the rest of most these topics. One thing I will say though is that Slippy's only getting in as the world's most epic troll move, and that if Krystal gets in, she's going to be that character no one shuts up about and causes drama for no reason. I'd put my money on Krystal though, since Slippy's exists solely to be hated and shot at. What would his moveset be? Would just be him getting hit witheverything. Final Smash would be him shouting HELP ME, and then he gets hit with a Starfox bomb.

No one would play that.