Owain's most Optimal Class; Inigo's Most Optimal Father

Class for Henry!Owain?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best class for Owain, if Henry is the father?

• Trickster
    • Dread Fighter
    • Sage
    • Sorcerer
    • Dark Knight
  2. 2. Who is the best father for Inigo?

• Virion
    • Libra
    • Kellam

^ Depending on his father, he can actually be really good. On my first run, I did Vaike!Inigo as an Assassin, and while he wasn't easy to level, he was powerful enough to hold his own and barely take any damage. Give it a shot!

I'd go with Dread Fighter Owain. It's a nice mix of Strength and Magic, and Aggressor combined with Limit Breaker does absolute wonders for Owain. Plus that, even without his father's classes, Owain already has access to Swordfaire, Axefaire, and Tomefaire. Coincidentally, those three skills are good for every weapon type that Owain can max out on a Dread Fighter, so using any of the Faire skills can give Owain a +15 boost to his attacks if he's initiating an attack with Aggressor equipped.

As for Inigo, I'd say that, in this situation, Kellam is the best father for him. Inigo is really meant to be more of an Strength-oriented unit, and Virion and Libra really do nothing for him. Kellam gives him some nice boosts to his overall max stats, and it makes him a bit more defensive, which isn't terrible. So I'd say go for that one.

EDIT: Hell, now that I think about it, if one decides to have Owain inherit Lancefaire over Galeforce (but why would you? o_O), depending on who his father is (only Stahl, Virion, Ricken, and Avatar fit this), he can actually acquire all 5 Faire skills. Granted, you'd be taking a HUGE risk changing him into a Sniper, but is it somewhat worth it? Well...kind of. From any of those fathers, there's no reason why Owain could just inherit Bowfaire from his dad automatically, saving him the trouble of going through the Sniper class. It's a thought.

Edited by Karaszure

bullet_star_rated.png Dread Fighter

bullet_star_rated.png Virion

Inigo gets less class redundancy and his speed from his mother is not ruined by Virion, unlike Kellam.

Libra and Kellam are my two "Forever Alone" units.

For Final Class: Sage.

Natural Vantage with a Vengeance Father? Abuse the hell out of that.

Inigo? Well, Chrom's not on the list, you dun goof'd.

More Vantage/Vengeance shenanigans with Libra or go with Kellam and get Luna. One or the other. Virion leaves Inigo, who otherwise is a great unit (Galeforce Boy, much) robbed of solid activations.

I'm doing Chrom x Sumia, if I switched it around, it would mess up the balance of my other pairings. I can post them, if you want.

bullet_star_rated.png Dread Fighter

bullet_star_rated.png Virion

Inigo gets less class redundancy and his speed from his mother is not ruined by Virion, unlike Kellam.

Libra and Kellam are my two "Forever Alone" units.

Heh, actually, they're my favorite "forever alone" units, too.

Owain was pretty much born to be a Dread Fighter, but his best class differs based on the dad. I usually make him a Sage with Ricken as the dad, but with Henry you might as well exploit his Sorcerer access with Vantage if you don't want to do Dread Fighter.

As for Inigo, that's actually a pretty tough choice, since all three are really weird dads that Inigo uses really well. Kellam!Inigo isn't that much worse than Frederick!Inigo and people are all over that. The mods are pretty similar and in both cases, Inigo gets Luna access. The only real difference is exchanging Aegis, Paladin and Wyvern for Priest/Sage. Libra!Inigo is mostly for Sorcerer, since he has Vantage/Armsthrift/Sol to use Nosferatu/Aversas with, makes a great bulky War Monk with Axefaire and Sol, and can even do stuff as a Sage. Virion doesn't give him any new proc, but the mods are pretty solid, Inigo gets 4 faires and 4 breakers and a solid class selection to work with. I would probably go with Kellam if you're specifically using an offensive Inigo, Virion otherwise.

Inigo overkills speed as an assassin anyways so Kellam is the best of the three.

People underrate Kellam sometimes.

Yeah, Kellam is pretty underrated as a dad since he's basically Frederick minus Aegis. Gerome loves him, he's arguably Laurent's best Luna/Dual Guard dad,(not named Stahl, but everyone wants Stahl) Yarne and Inigo make do with him in Frederick's absence, Owain and Severa are cool with him for Luna, Brady doesn't mind Pavise/Aegis and Nah really doesn't need an introduction. He's not a parent who's really in high demand for their broken class set like Stahl, Gregor, Fred or Gaius but for the most part, he's one of the safer dads to work with for almost any kid.

Aside from Thief, his class set is nearly identical to Sumia, who notoriously has a really good class set to work with. He just trades Galeforce for Assassin. A big trade, admittedly, but it's workable.

Edited by HeoandReo

For Final Class: Sage.

Natural Vantage with a Vengeance Father? Abuse the hell out of that.

Inigo? Well, Chrom's not on the list, you dun goof'd.

More Vantage/Vengeance shenanigans with Libra or go with Kellam and get Luna. One or the other. Virion leaves Inigo, who otherwise is a great unit (Galeforce Boy, much) robbed of solid activations.

Inigo starts out with "Solid Activations" from his mother alone, such as Sol, Astra, and Lethality.

Virion complements this with good +SKL modifiers, and Virion's Lifetaker also complements Galeforce.

Having an excess of Vantage and Vengeance units is unnecessary, and restricts the overall flexibility of children units.

Edited by Ƶerker

Dread Fighter rocks in general, but for Owain, it rocks twenty fold. Oh yes.

I voted Virion because of bias mostly for wyvern branch. That offers up two Breaker skills, plus Inigo's initial Merc/Hero class. Not a bad combo if you work at it. Yeeeeaap. But thats just me.

Inigo starts out with "Solid Activations" from his mother alone, such as Sol, Astra, and Lethality.

Virion complements this with good +SKL modifiers, and Virion's Lifetaker also complements Galeforce.

Having an excess of Vantage and Vengeance units is unnecessary, and restricts the overall flexibility of children units.

For any point in time a setup is being held by one standard: Apo.

Inigo doesn't have any really useful activations for Apo: Lethality is a dud there (and basically a crit everywhere else, which is nice, but at the same time...), Sol is also a dud (Sol doesn't boost offense), and Astra while alright isn't that great. (If it's not outperforming Luna, which Astra really doesn't do in Apo-- it's falling behind, bad.).

Inigo really wants Luna though. (Which is part of why Chrom is his best father, besides MU (And due to RK, even -that- is iffy)).

Vantage/Vengeance is a "the more the merrier" combo for lead units or tanks. Having your main combat set feature it (or at the very least Vantage/Non-Sol Activations/Good Support Unit/Celica's Gale) eliminates any fear of the Enemy Phase, really. Although, yes, Inigo doesn't really gain a whole lot from it, despite Vantage.

I like Owain as a Dread Fighter no matter who his father is. He gets his sword-hand and makes use of his high magic stat, while wearing an awesome outfit with awesome animations. As for Inigo, he is usually best as a speedy sword-user, and Kellam makes Inigo lose some speed, while Libra is best to be used on a magic user. Virion would probably be best because he raises speed and because of hair. Anyway, hope this helps.

Well, I obviously decided on Dread Fighter, because it won by a landslide. And for Inigo's father, none of them! I decided on Chrom x Olivia and shuffled Sumia to MaMU. Thabk you all for voting and your advice! (Though if Inigo's father wasn't Chrom, it would have been Virion.)

If I did Henry!Owain, I'd make him a Sorcerer, just because the only draw for me to do Henry!Owain is access to dark magic.

And for optimal parents for Inigo, out of those choices easily Kellam. I prefer Chrom!Inigo, Ricken!Inigo, and Frederick!Inigo all more over any of those choices, but Kellam!Inigo's comparable. The cost-benefit of using him over Frederick is that Kellam!Inigo would run Res+10/Pavise instead of Aegis/Pavise, which I guess leaves him a bit more vulnerable to bows? But he gets Trickster and the Priest line to compensate. Kellam also has a positive MAG modifier, so Sage/Tomefaire doesn't go to waste here. He also gets Counter, Lethality, and Miracle, which is nice for Streetpass trolling.

Libra!Inigo's got Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath and Vantage/Sol, but I'm not that much of a Sorcerer fan. I'll freely admit it's personal bias, though.

I just... don't like Virion's class set.

Edited by Canto

If I did Henry!Owain, I'd make him a Sorcerer, just because the only draw for me to do Henry!Owain is access to dark magic.

And for optimal parents for Inigo, out of those choices easily Kellam. I prefer Chrom!Inigo, Ricken!Inigo, and Frederick!Inigo all more over any of those choices, but Kellam!Inigo's comparable. The cost-benefit of using him over Frederick is that Kellam!Inigo would run Res+10/Pavise instead of Aegis/Pavise, which I guess leaves him a bit more vulnerable to bows? But he gets Trickster and the Priest line to compensate. Kellam also has a positive MAG modifier, so Sage/Tomefaire doesn't go to waste here. He also gets Counter, Lethality, and Miracle, which is nice for Streetpass trolling.

Libra!Inigo's got Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath and Vantage/Sol, but I'm not that much of a Sorcerer fan. I'll freely admit it's personal bias, though.

I just... don't like Virion's class set.

Wat. Why? Even luna isn't worth making him a magic user. And Ricken is needed for Laurent.

I'm starting to see that apparently giving Inigo luna is a pretty big deal. I just don't want someone like Fred or Kellam who ruins his speed. I decided on Chrom for RK and access to luna, but my second choice is Virion because he gets worthy enough skills from inheritance and mercenary and myrmidon.

Wat. Why? Even luna isn't worth making him a magic user. And Ricken is needed for Laurent.

Inigo wants Great Knight because it's all he needs in order to run LB/GF/Aggressor/Luna/(your choice of AT/DG+/AS+2/-faire). Ricken provides it without denting his speed and even gives him Sage if you want to do the Dark Flier+Sage pair up combo.

Laurent is perfectly happy with plenty of other fathers like Gregor or Kellam. "Needed" is not very accurate.

I'm starting to see that apparently giving Inigo luna is a pretty big deal. I just don't want someone like Fred or Kellam who ruins his speed. I decided on Chrom for RK and access to luna, but my second choice is Virion because he gets worthy enough skills from inheritance and mercenary and myrmidon.

Pretty much what Meteor and Spaceman Craig said. I'd rather do Ricken!Owain/Inigo/Severa and Gregor/Gaius/Lon'qu!Laurent than Ricken!Laurent. Ricken's a legitimately good father, having the best MAG modifier for a father and Luna/DG+, and I'd rather not see his Cavalier go to waste. Olivia passes +0 STR and +0 MAG. so he's not at all hampered by magic. Ricken!Inigo's basically a magical Chrom!Inigo, which is good. Just because he starts out with only melee classes doesn't mean he should be pigeonholed by them.

Luna's important for Apotheosis for a lot of reasons. It's reliable, unlike Astra or Lethality, and it cuts defenses to counter Pavise+/Aegis+, which make Sol pretty much unusable for that particular stage. (Most damage is going to be coming from the back, regardless.)

To be honest, speed's a bit overrated, in my opinion. +0 just means that he won't be doubling the Apotheosis Snipers and Anna. Besides, as a male (and thus Aggressor) if Inigo's going up against those enemies, he's better off in the back with a Brave Bow/Celica's Gale.

Virion's mods are nice, but his class set is atrocious. Wyvern Rider, Archer, and Mage just do not work well together... at all... and by extension it doesn't work well with his kids either. (For reference, I feel the same way about Ricken's Archer, but since Owain and Inigo both get innate Assassin it actually has some potential with them.)

Edited by Canto

I don't know, I guess I just don't see Inigo as a magic user. I also prefer Ricken!Laurent because it gives Laurent luna and an amazing magic stat as a sage. I also forgot to mention this earlier, but this is a no-dark magic run. It's something I decided to try after seeing how much everyone liked sorcerers. Ricken!Owain makes a lot more sense because Owain has the best magic. Gregor doesn't give Laurent luna either. My skill set for Inigo is LB/GF/Sol/Armsthrift/Astra and with Chrom!Inigo it's LB/GF/Armsthrift/Luna/Sol. With dragonskin astra does nearly as much damage as luna does.

I made ichigo a hero
He does good his dad was henry

If his dad was Henry, why go hero? Dark knight would be better.

The main problem with Astra is that it activates half as much as Luna does, so the average damage is going to be significantly less.

Incidentally, you should really get rid of Sol on your skillsets, because you don't want it activating over Luna/Astra. I'd change it for a relevant faire or Aggressor.

It's fine if you only see Inigo as a physical unit, but that doesn't change the fact that Ricken!Inigo and Libra!Inigo are both top-notch pairings. If you're not interested in dark magic, well, Vantage/Vengeance(/Wrath) works even better on a Sage, since it's easier for them to get below half-health for Vantage to activate. Both Libra!Inigo and Gregor!Laurent can pull that off.

Laurent doesn't want Ricken unless he's getting (in bed with) FeMU. >_<;;

Sure the +6 Mag is nice and all, but Laurent really just wants a Vantage, which he's better off getting from Stahl (Who also gives him a Luna, but with natural Vengeance, that's of questionable use, as there comes points (Like tanking the Helswath 'zerker) where Vengeance out damages Luna (and Vengeance still has 100% activation)).