League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a support main so playing Taliyah as a support will be no problem (hell I already did Anivia support just for the lol).

The game has strayed away from skimpy sexy ladies, they are starting to get heavily outnumbered. riot must erectify this. I mean the last one was Jinx, and she was released over 2 and a half years ago. Kalista just doesn't do it for me, although there has been a fair share of ...Kindred r34.

lol

Taliyah support should be a thing especially considering the bot lane me and friend does that somehow ends up working

Corki and Aurelion Sol ftw

Yay, a LoL thread! :D

Time to revive this topic!

Man, this was originally posted in 2011... Season 1. It is now season 6!

So, what do you guys think of... Taliyah?

She's...interesting. I don't play mid often, but she looks fun to play.

Don't stop believing.

nnE8GA7.png

Context: Co-op vs. AI, two fucking bots on our side, one Xerath who took something like six levels to figure out that he shouldn't charge in, and a Master Yi that wasn't too hot against bot Xin Zhao. Our inhibitors kept going down, so out of desperation, I grabbed Banner of Command. It gave us some breathing room, because a minion with Banner of Command is insane. Meanwhile, Xerath suggested pushing out. Master Yi decided that it fell to him to do it (which was absolutely correct), so he started pushing top lane.

I decided that if I had to camp out and kill minions, I was going to build stuff to help with that. First was the shiv so that I'd have slightly better wave clear. Next was Nashor's Tooth, because I had collected something like 175 souls, and that AP was otherwise going to go to waste. Meanwhile, Mastery Yi and Xerath managed to take down top and bot inhibitors. Between promoted cannon minions and those two, they got mid. I wandered where I could, pushing a lane, but staying out of fights, because I knew that having 2-3 enemies on me would probably get me killed.

Built Maw because screw Brand (this saved my life), and then BotRK because it had sustain, gave me movement in a pinch, and sped up Thresh's attacks. Master Yi and Xerath managed to take down one nexus turret. They kept the enemies distracted while I got the other one, then the nexus.

It was absolutely insane - I had something like 300 souls when all was said and done, and the soul indicator branches off into another one after 255.

Even though Master Yi and Xerath both died a lot, they managed to chip away at the enemy, and I'm grateful that they were there. The two bots can kiss my butt.

I wish I had bots queued with me vs AI, it might make things more interesting

On that note, thresh has terrible waveclear, I'd have gone for a Guinsoo's Rageblade and a Runaan's Hurricane for core items, then something like Bloodthirster for sustain/shield. You'd have been whipping the enemies to death and sustaining yourself off them and minions. Considering all the AP on that team though, Maw was a good choice. With my choice of items (Guinsoo's, Hurricane, Bloodthirster) I'd have gone for the Spirit Visage for that health, MR and even more lifesteal.

Edited by Raven

I wish I had bots queued with me vs AI, it might make things more interesting

Make a smurf on NA. You'll get them constantly.

Make a smurf on NA. You'll get them constantly.

Not sure if you noticed my edit, so I'll just post it again:

Thresh has terrible waveclear, I'd have gone for a Guinsoo's Rageblade and a Runaan's Hurricane for core items, then something like Bloodthirster for sustain/shield. You'd have been whipping the enemies to death and sustaining yourself off them and minions. Considering all the AP on that team though, Maw was a good choice. With my choice of items (Guinsoo's, Hurricane, Bloodthirster) I'd have gone for the Spirit Visage for that health, MR and even more lifesteal.

Not sure if you noticed my edit, so I'll just post it again:

Thresh has terrible waveclear, I'd have gone for a Guinsoo's Rageblade and a Runaan's Hurricane for core items, then something like Bloodthirster for sustain/shield. You'd have been whipping the enemies to death and sustaining yourself off them and minions. Considering all the AP on that team though, Maw was a good choice. With my choice of items (Guinsoo's, Hurricane, Bloodthirster) I'd have gone for the Spirit Visage for that health, MR and even more lifesteal.

Nope, didn't. Thresh spent most of his time parked under the nexus turrets, keeping the super minions the hell away. Probably should've gone hurricane/BT. Wasn't sure how Rageblade worked, and didn't have time to read, since I was busy trying to keep myself alive (had all three of us died, it would've been GG). Don't really regret Nashor's Tooth, though, because I was heavily reliant on my E to keep the nexus turrets alive. Perhaps if I do a full AD build, and not some weird-ass hybrid thing that I made literally on the fly, I'll give this a shot. Thanks~!

Guinsoo's is quite fun on any champion, particularly those that rely on autos. It gives 35 AD and 50 AP.

It has a passive in which stacks are added (max 6 stacks) for every auto attack. Each stack gives 8% AS, 3 AD, and 4 AP.

At 6 stacks the item with all its base stats and stats from 6 stacks gives you 48% AS, 53 AD, and 74 AP. The stacks disappear if you haven't auto'd for about 5 seconds, I think.

At 6 stacks, every other basic attack will trigger on-hit effects one extra time. Not so relevant on a Thresh, but much better for Jax, Yi, Aatrox, and others like them.

I'm not sure if the extra on-hit effect includes lifesteal. I'd have to test that out.

Edited by Raven

Does it stack if I smack a turret/inhibitor?

yeah it does iirc. fuck now i got to test it lol

edit: yes it does

Edited by Raven

yeah it does iirc. fuck now i got to test it lol

Asking 'cause I'm pretty sure a certain sniper chick's Headshot doesn't. :P:

Asking 'cause I'm pretty sure a certain sniper chick's Headshot doesn't. :P:

It's working on turrets and inhibitors, just tested.

As for Caitlyn, iirc the headshot used to work in a way that it would be used on structures but wouldn't do crit damage despite using the headshot on them. I think they at least fixed that on her. However if her headshot could stack off structure hits, that would be a rather significant buff to her.

It's working on turrets and inhibitors, just tested.

As for Caitlyn, iirc the headshot used to work in a way that it would be used on structures but wouldn't do crit damage despite using the headshot on them. I think they at least fixed that on her. However if her headshot could stack off structure hits, that would be a rather significant buff to her.

Not 100% sure, but from what I recall you could stack it on structures but not proc it on structures. This let you hold it and just give people a smack while sieging every so often.

Can anyone explain the logic or thought process behind the majority of the playerbase and their uproar over dynamic queue? I didn't play for 90% of season 5, but I came back and have an account in diamond as well as several others that get almost instant queue times now. The changes in dynamic queue only affect the 1%, and from being in the 1% I can tell you that's a lie, it actually only negatively affects something like the top .5% of players, Diamond 2+.

Literally the only people that should be complaining about the changes are the aforementioned top .5% of players and university students on teams, who now have no one to practice with since they can't use the 5's ladder. However, all I see in the threads is gold and below players parroting what they heard their favorite streamer doing and complaining about facing groups of 2+ players with voice coms (which...still happened in the old solo/duo queue). I can't be this stupid, what am I missing that could justify these complaints?

Can anyone explain the logic or thought process behind the majority of the playerbase and their uproar over dynamic queue? I didn't play for 90% of season 5, but I came back and have an account in diamond as well as several others that get almost instant queue times now. The changes in dynamic queue only affect the 1%, and from being in the 1% I can tell you that's a lie, it actually only negatively affects something like the top .5% of players, Diamond 2+.

Literally the only people that should be complaining about the changes are the aforementioned top .5% of players and university students on teams, who now have no one to practice with since they can't use the 5's ladder. However, all I see in the threads is gold and below players parroting what they heard their favorite streamer doing and complaining about facing groups of 2+ players with voice coms (which...still happened in the old solo/duo queue). I can't be this stupid, what am I missing that could justify these complaints?

Complaining for complaining's sake at its very finest. I would just ignore it the same way I do most controversy.

By the way everyone here's a gentle reminder we have a SF of NA club in the game and you should let Underman know you wanna join. You'd be amazing. Just saying. #shamelesspromotion (seriously it's just the two of us right now a it's basically a glorified chat box. I wanna fix this :P)

Complaining for complaining's sake at its very finest. I would just ignore it the same way I do most controversy.

By the way everyone here's a gentle reminder we have a SF of NA club in the game and you should let Underman know you wanna join. You'd be amazing. Just saying. #shamelesspromotion (seriously it's just the two of us right now a it's basically a glorified chat box. I wanna fix this :P)

Do you guys play together often? I've just been solo queueing this season and I remember a big reason why I quit the game in the first place. Yeah you can get to diamond, then master in solo queue and then what? Nothing, no one congratulates you, no one cares. I've finally realized what people meant when they said anyone can get diamond. There's really no point in playing ranked besides wasting time if you're not a pro or willing to sacrifice everything to become a pro even after you figure out the "secret" to climbing.

Edited by Xander

Do you guys play together often? I've just been solo queueing this season and I remember a big reason why I quit the game in the first place. Yeah you can get to diamond, then master in solo queue and then what? Nothing, no one congratulates you, no one cares. I've finally realized what people meant when they said anyone can get diamond. There's really no point in playing ranked besides wasting time if you're not a pro or willing to sacrifice everything to become a pro even after you figure out the "secret" to climbing.

I meant that ad to be general and not directly to you but I'll answer your question anyways. We tend to play on weekends nights the most, but occasionally during the week we'll play together. We both at least log on about every day. Overall, we're kind of a more "go in and play for kicks when we're angling for group play" kind of club, so we don't really have any plans to get serious. I'm not even level 30. All I wish from this club is to get as many Serenes Forest peeps together in one place to enjoy something. We're off to a slow membership start but I'll make sure to keep advertising now and then in hopes of seeing that come true.

If you guys want a support player that'll freeze up and panic, then sure. :P:

As an ADC main I appreciate and welcome every and all Support players

Seriously you guys are awesome

The problem many feel with the current Dynamic Q system is that Riot are trying to shove group/team play down players' throats. Even when the game was Solo/Duo Q before Dynamic's introduction, many people would play ranked alone for the sake of self-achievement. While the current system is good at getting up teams queued as 5 vs other teams queued as 5 (why not just bring back ranked teams?), the others who queued as 2/3/4 have a distinct advantage. Basically, the team with the least number of solo players is statistically more likely to win. And when you're that Solo Q player who doesn't want to queue up with friends for the sake of Solo Q integrity getting pitted against a team where at least 3 of them are using some form of superior communication outside of game chat and pings, you just want to not bother playing.

The uproar is the fact that Riot promised a pure Solo Q (1+1+1+1+1 vs 1+1+1+1+1) when Dynamic was introduced, and for 6 months strung us Solo Q purists along, first "Definitely" then "yes just fixing some problems" then "probably soon" then "probably not" to "no" just the other day. Half a fucking year it took them to finally tell us that there will not be a Solo Q. Some speculate that it was just a ploy to keep the Solo Q'ers around for as long as possible, forcing them into Dynamic if they had any intention of playing in a competitive ladder which means jack. I'm mid-silver but that doesn't give me any less right to be pissed about the compromised integrity of ranked games and individual rank. The old solo/duo queue system wasn't perfect but it was better than the dynamic shit we've got now.

Here's Gbay's video on the matter, he explains it rather well.

Edited by Raven