shmobum

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felina gulped as she heard the announcement, picking up her card and peering through the crack between her door and the hallway. She had heard the fighting outside earlier and, quite frankly, such a thing was a very bad sign at best. Never mind the worst case things she could think of. Her roommate had only popped in for a moment before leaving and now, now she was late? Not a good first day at all. Quickly picking up any textbooks she could, she stepped outside and headed down the hallway, moving to the lobby and keeping quiet as she entered despite the squabbling and talking happening around her. She was here to learn, after all, not play hooky/brute.

Aleksander seemed very impressed with Athena and the way that she handled the situation with Feanor; after all, from what he had gathered, he was doggedly determined to win over any girl without human blood in them, damned if there were others interested. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something about Athena... interested him, in a way he was unsure if he'd felt before.

As the two walked off, his stomach began to rumble once more, this time somewhat louder than before. He let out a soft chuckle and looked around the room.

"Athena... I'm sorry to trouble you, but... do you know where I might be able to get some food? I've not even for three days, you see."

A shadow cast over the main doorways to the Lobby and a large shadowy figure rose from the shadows, only his silhouette could be seen.

Thank you for finally joining us Felina and Aria. *Ahem* I am Headmaster Barron. It is not time for me to introduce myself yet, but rather time for a bit of a game. Each of you will find a number on the back of your ID cards. Find the student with the same number as you and pair up. (several bags appear with the numbers on them) You will grab the bag with your number and find a flag for your team and two weapons specifically chosen for you and your partner. You may not alter your weapon, or else it will turn to dust. Your flag must also be kept visible by others at all times, no covering it up. You will all meet in the forest behind the boarding house and wait there next to your partner for further instructions. (The shadow disappears and the room is empty except for the students and the bags)

[spoiler=Pairs]

Feanor and Athena[1]

[spoiler=Bag 1]

Red Flag

Black Colored Bow with several arrows (Athena)

Sharp Boomerang, hollow (Feanor)

Aleksander and Felina[2]

[spoiler=Bag 2]

Green Flag

Long Red Scythe(dual bladed head, Aleksander)

Titanium Pickaxe with a hollow handle for feeding magic energy into it (Felina)

Esmund and Soles[3]

[spoiler=Bag 3]

Pink Flag

A strange looking gun with a glass magnifying lens covering up the barrel(no bullets, Soles)

A pair of gauntlets that go to the elbows, with pockets for magic energy at the ends(Esmund)

Sonny and Cindy[4]

[spoiler=Bag 4]

Blue Flag

A short wand with a large aquamarine gem at the end(Cindy)

A gigantic lead filled hammer (Sonny)

Chris and Carter[5]

[spoiler=Bag 5]

Orange Flag

An oak broom with beaten up bristles(Chris)

A light blue orb that hovers around the user (Carter)

Aria [6]

[spoiler=Bag 6]

Yellow Flag

Two metallic Japanese fans (Aria)

A mysterious book with no text(???)

Edited by shmobum

Don't remember who this chick is lol

less go with it

Aleksander wondered who his partner was; he secretly hoped it was Athena, but it wasn't meant to be. He nonetheless grabbed his bag and walked out, not even bothering to find his partner.

"They can come find me... I just want to finish things here."

Felina approached her bag calmly. She was number 2 which meant her partner would also have a similar card, but with so many other people... Would she be ready for...

"HEY!"

Just as she had not been but two feet from the bag, some rude oaf stole it from right out under her nose. "Give me back my bag! That's not yours, it's for me and my teammate!" she cried out as Alek-salamander, unbeknownst to her her own teammate, walked out with the bag.

Aleksander heard a screeching noise as he walked out. Letting out a pained groan, he turned towards the girl who did it - coincidentally, the one who showed up late - and glared at her.

"What are you talking about? This is for me and... my... oh. Shit."

Felina put her hand on the bag as she pushed her glasses up a bit, a clearly irritated look on her face. She gave a small tug upon the bag, trying to wrest it free for herself right as Alekander spoke. As he did, a sudden, cowed expression came over her face as she realized the man she had just accused of stealing was also her partner! Speaking in a bit quieter and subdued tone, she looked him in the eyes with an ice-cold, but calm, glare. "So, you are my partner then? My name is Felina and I am... pleased to meet you. Please, in the future, don't take my stuff without asking, especially if we're to be teammates. Now, judging by your hasty departure, I assume you have a location already picked out then?"

Carter sees Chris approaching her. "Finally, it took you long enough. ... An orange flag? Gross." Carter quickly disapproved the other things she and her partner received. "Well now that's over... look what I got! I bet it's a ton better than yours, of course." Carter took out her light blue orb. "... Lame! An oak broom?"

Aleksander rubbed his forehead; clearly this was going to be problematic.

"Yes, I do... I found a nice, secluded spot a little while back before I entered the building. Come on, let's go."

"Alright then. Though our instructions were to meet in the forest first, not to head right on out to a hiding spot. They will probably lay down the ground rules and the like once out there and knowing them will be important to passing this... whatever this is." she said calmly as she started to take her first steps out towards the forest, her hand as firmly upon the bag as she could muster as she moved out.

"It seems to be a... game, of sorts. I'm not sure what the headmaster is attempting to discover here, but I'm not exactly at liberty to judge here."

"Most likely they're attempting to gauge our capabilities with magic via a game of 'capture the flag'. Based on who wins and who loses, they will be able to tell not only our capabilities, but if there are any people lacking the ability required for this school." said Felina cooly. In truth, she had no idea if any of that was true at all. It *could* be an attempt to gauge their abilities, or it *could* be that the headmasters and teachers were simply betting on the teams and wanted to earn some quick coin among many other possibilities.

"Either way, if we don't show up as expected, we will likely be penalized and I'm not looking to starting my lessons off with 'Failed to arrive for capture the flag. Place in Kindergarten level.' on my report card." she said as she kept walking, doing her best to drag Aleksander along to the forest.

Edited by Snowy_One

Sonny walked over to bag number four, with Cindy still on his back. "Say Cindy, take a look in here!" Sonny pulled out a giant hammer and held it with ease in one hand, twirling it around.

"Pretty neat!" Sonny handed a little tiny wand carefully to Cindy. As he handed it to her, he reached into the bag and tied the flag around his forehead. "This should be a good place, nice and high up!" Sonny blew the flag out of his eyes and adjusted it a little better.

Soles raised her eyebrow. Geeze was the Headmaster ever spooky. He appears to be a shadow magic user. Maybe my light power could take him down, get a sort of coup d'état going. Soles laughed silently to herself. Just kidding! I'm not crazy or anything. Soles let out a quick sigh. A weapon? How helpful for a magic wielder that can't even battle. Que vais-je faire?? This was not going to end well for Soles. She knew she was just going to drag down whoever her partner was-- Esmund? Great. Soles frowned as she walked over to Esmund, "well I guess it's you and me now, number three. I guess that solves the mystery of the numbers."

Edited by meibum

Aleksander dug inside his bag and found a pair of weapons; he wasn't sure what they were for, but something told him that the scythe in the bag was meant for his hands alone.

"Hmm... interesting piece of equipment. Felina, what's your weapon, anyway?"

Fëanor dug deep into the bag with his number on it as he gave Athena a 'sexy' wink. He pulled out their red flag, "ah the colour of passion." Fëanor fumbled deeper into the back until he pulled out a black bow that seemed to be for Athena. He handed it too her suavely, "your weapon my dear. If you choose to accept it." After no response from Athena, Fëanor tried his luck with the bag once again and inspected his weapon. Some shitty boomerang. What the shit is this shit? Fëanor growled. He didn't need such a waste of material. Fëanor immediately snapped the boomerang and it turned to ashes in his hands, "I'm strong enough to defeat all of you without a weapon. I'm not a baby. I don't need a handicap."