shmobum

Aleksander leaned up against a tree, looking on at the still-wounded human and the fairy with the limited abilities. Part of him felt like it was destiny that those two ended up together, and to be honest, it just meant that Feanor would shut up about humans being flawed failures and other such drivel. He pushed himself off of the tree and grabbed his scythe, turning towards his partner.

"Hmm... create a fake flag to leave us free to capture the remaining flags, or simply prey on weakened adversaries. It really is a tough call. For now, we'll have to wait until we know everything we possibly can."

Edited by Polydeuces

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Indeed. We can't do much until we learn more. Otherwise, we can make faulty assumptions. It's also possible that winning and losing is null in this case and this is merely a test of character. One which we could very well fail by waiting for others to wear themselves out or making fake flags. The best choice is to simply, for now, wait. Besides, we have the advantage of a mobile flag by not choosing a location right away. While the best spot will be taken by the ambitious, they will also likely be the most targeted. No matter what we want to do, I don't think we can take on the whole school at once."

Felina then looked back to the fey and human. "I do hope they'll be alright. The world needs more people like her and less like... whoever made this situation in the first place."

A loud noise can be heard and a frightening magic pulls everyone's heads to face the direction of a small glowing orb. A voice can be heard from the orb:

May I have your attention? It appears some of you have already expended magical energy before the game even begun. I will let it slide this one time but do not let it happen again. (Feanor's face wound heals and it returns to it's former state, and everyone else feels their bodies completely replenish, feeling well rested and satisfied.) Now that that's taken care of...the rules are simple: defeat other teams and take their flags, keeping your own flag safe is worth 3 points and taking another flag is worth two points. You may use your weapons and magic to their full extent, although killing will result in a deduction of five points. You have two hours to enter the forest, find a place or make a strategy. You will hear a horn sound when the games begin and end. The preparation time begins now.

The glowing sphere disappears and everyone notices that the sun has fully set. The full moon looms over everyone as the games begin.

Edited by shmobum

Athena nodded her head slowly and approached Felina and Aleksander. "I have no desire to work with my partner, Feanor, nor do I have a flag. I do however have a weapon and power. I'd like to team up with you two if I can."

Aleksander had a very noticeable smile on his face; he was glad to know that Athena was all right and even wanted to work together with them. Though the mention of the name Feanor made him feel physically ill, he still managed to keep happy - even, as he was somewhat horrified to discover, flushing a little, forcing him to cover his face with his coat.

"Y-yes, of course you can work with us. We would make a great team, Athena."

"Indeed. The more the merrier. We have our conditions though... so why don't we attempt to do both the plans I suggested then? Scatter counterfeits about so that we don't have to worry about the defensive as-much as well as play the defensive. I'm sure the other candidates will try to do the same though, so we need to be careful."

Cindy turned to Sonny with a confident look on her face. "My element is strong against fire. So let's target the fire user's first and take their flags." Cindy flicked her sceptre and created little splashes of water. "It seems the more energy I put into this the more water I can summon, even if there is no water near by. But just to be safe, we should camp up near a river. Would he be possible for you to use your earth magic to locate some body of water within the forest?" Cindy continually played with sceptre making a small whirlpool and than shattering it upon her face.

iNotWC3VhW4gf.gif

"Y-yes of course!" Sonny had been dousing for water for most of his life, so this would be a simple task. He was really excited to be of help to someone so he quickly got ready, "Alright..." Sonny put his hands over each other and channeled the energy of the earth through his body. He hoisted Cindy onto his back once again and began running, following the magnetic path he had created that lead to what felt like a small pond. "Hang on tight, once I fully let myself follow the path I don't really stop to duck for trees or anything." Sonny's eyes glowed and his body began running at incredible speed.

Aleksander nodded towards Felina and stuck his scythe in the ground. He studied the flags carefully and began to devise just what materials he would need to craft the counterfeits... then proceeded to slap his hand to his face out of sheer self-idiocy.

"Ugh... I'm not sure if I can make a copy of this. I don't have the materials to do so here with me."

Athena nodded towards her new allies. "So how do your weapons work. My shadow magic works exceptionally well at night so we should take advantage of that. I got a bow and arrows. I can use my magic to make my arrows nearly invisible. Maybe even our flag. Furthermore if we go down the counterfeit route where would we hide them?"

Aleksander thought hard for a moment about a number of things that Athena posed questions towards. He wasn't sure how the scythe worked, to be honest, but he felt like he didn't need it to succeed here. As for the invisibility magic, he believed he could make it work with the counterfeit strategy so as to throw off any chance of anybody finding the real flag.

"Athena, if we can make the counterfeits, can you make them invisible? That way, even if somebody stumbled upon our real flag, then they wouldn't know that were the case unless they were right here among us, listening to this very plan."

"Why do you need the materials to make a fake? Any piece of green cloth will do. Even something as simple as leaves will suffice. We don't need them to be the best after all, just enough to cause them to both question themselves as well as keep the real flag hidden. Unless they sit down and compare the flags side by side, they might not even be able to tell the difference if we made it from burlap or not. Even burlap would be useful if they don't know the other teams colors. We just have to keep that we're the green team hidden and they will be stuck chasing false decoys with no clue as to which flag is the real flag and, with every poor counterfeit, they'll see the bad-but-more-believable ones as more likely to be true." said Felina, smiling happily. Then Alex mentioned turning them invisible.

"No. We only need to turn the real one invisible. Keep them chasing false leads for longer. And I use a pickaxe. Gauging by the fact that pickaxes are not weapons, I would assume it likely has some sort of magical abilities imbued within it."

Edited by Snowy_One

Soles froze up awkwardly when Esmund hugged her. He sure was a touchy one. Before she had a chance to reply her face was forced to acknowledge a glowing orb. "Well I guess we should be glad that this isn't some sort of battle royal situation, but I still have so many questions. Is there a time limit? What if we destroy our flag? Will we be update with the other teams standings? Are we graded as a team or as an individual? Agh, ignoring me. I'm over-thinking things too much again. The first thing we should do it set up so sort of fort for cover, I think."

Aleksander rubbed his chin; feasibly, it would work if they were to simply make cheap-but-believable fake flags to throw everyone off, and to make them all think they grabbed the green flag and earned points they never got. And only turning the real flag invisible made much more sense now that he thought about it; after all, they were running a game of deception here.

"Alright, let's try it that way. This is getting my blood pumping... I've never been this excited to do anything before."

"I never knew someone so big would be able to move so fast!" Cindy cried frantically trying to avoid nearby branches. Suddenly Sonny stopped at a small pond, which resulted in Cindy flying over his shoulders and landing into the pound. It was deeper than she expected. Cindy quickly used her water magic to create a large whirlpool around her. "This should protect me from any close ranged fighting. If you guard the pound and take care of that I can battle from afar, so maybe I should take the flag?" Cindy ceased the whirlpool and swam to the shore.

Fëanor had heard enough. He quickly dashed into the forest, his flag tied around his forehead. He didn't feel the need to plan or discuss anything. He knew exactly what he was going to do. Fëanor was trying to find a way to the centre of the forest, but soon found himself lost. "Thankfully it hasn't rained for a few days," Fëanor smirked as he began to build up a large fireball in his hands.

Traveling as fast as a bolt of lightning, a muscular boy with blonde hair and a red hoodie appeared in front of Feanor.

[spoiler=NPC Event Character]

433746-image593.png

"Hey there buddy, whatcha planning to do with that fire ball?" as the boy said this he kept disappearing and flashing all over the place, a trail of electricity following him. He stopped right in front of Feanor and poked him playfully on the nose with his claw. "You don't plan to burn down THIS forest do you? You really haven't done your research elf-boy."

"I'd be able to turn it invisible very easily." Athena stated. "Also," Athena ripped her long traditional elven dress making it much shorter, "we can use this fabric. There's nothing to indicate what colours we have. It's also dark. I doubt they'd be able to see things like colour very well. All we know for sure is that Feanor is carrying a red flag." Athena handed the fabric over to Felina. "Now are we going to hide? Or are we going to fight?"

"Great! I volunteer to stay back and guard the flag, especially since my weapon is the most suited for misdirection. That way you two can go off and so long as she remains hidden they won't know we have a number advantage."

Aleksander felt the scythe in his hand begin to burn, and the heat that it gave off seemed to soothe his mind, body and soul; to think, this was the power that he had thought was evil and cursed? He almost laughed at the notion now.

"Alright, Athena, looks like we're all set... more or less. Heh, maybe we'll go find Feanor first and take his flag so that his smugness won't suffocate us overnight."

"Yeah... they sure aren't real detailed with the rules here... I guess that means there aren't very many?" Esmund mused. He shook his head and got back into focus. "You're right Soles. I think we should make a fort up in the trees, both of us can easily get into there with your wings and my air magic." Esmund was getting really excited, but he tried to compose himself. "Follow me, let's find a secluded spot somewhere out there." he began to run towards the wood, motioning Soles to follow. "If ya can't keep up, I'll carry you!" Esmund joked at her, giggling like an idiot.

Edited by shmobum

Fëanor's entire body jerked as strange, human? appeared in front of him. "Nothing." Fëanor quickly said as he swallowed the fire ball whole, black smoke leaking from his mouth, "and who the hell, may I ask is you? Do you have a flag? I didn't see you with the other students. If you don't just leave. You're not worth my time." Fëanor turned his back.

Sonny sat down next to a tree and watched Cindy get out of the water. "Yeah, that's a great idea, you seem to have pretty good control over those whirlpools." Sonny untied the flag from his head and handed it to Cindy. "I think we should figure out how exactly these weapons work while we wait for things to start." Sonny stood up and examined his hammer. As a giant, he wasn't too great at using magic for combat all that much, but he tried to focus his energy into his hammer. He felt his hand get warm and the hammer began to glow. Was it working? He prepared to swing his hammer at a large rock nearby but just as he was about to swing he dropped his hammer and yelled out in pain. His hand felt boiling hot with magic energy and he ran to the pond to cool it off. "Well... I guess I still can't do that sort of thing yet..."

The blonde boy zapped to the other side of Feanor.

"Most people don't get to see me... you're a lucky one Feanor." the boy zapped into a nearby tree and his eyes could be seen glowing. "Just call me... the Observer... I know you're a man who doesn't like to wait for what he wants, so why don't we start a little early?" the Observer bolted down from the tree and showed off a grey flag. "Let's have a little battle. Prove who can be the real badass on campus." the Observer tied the flag to his head and cracked his neck. "What do you say?"

Athena nodded as she handed Felina two black arrows. "I've already enchanted these two arrows with shadow magic for you. Whatever they puncture will turn invisible, but only at night. I think we should try and regroup before sun rise and come up with a plan for the day time. Where do you think you'll be?" Athena smiled at the thought of travelling with Aleksander, he was one of the only people she could stand here. "Taking out Feanor first would be oh too sweet." A frightening smirk extended itself upon Athena's face, "I almost want to kill him."

"Whirlpools are my speciality," Cindy began, "it's how I kept my brothers and sisters in line." Cindy used the flag to tie her hair up, "it looks just like a normal hair tie now." Cindy held out her weapon, "mine seems to be for summoning water even if we are away from watery areas. Us water users are not always that useful away from bodies of water. It uses a lot of magic energy though. That's why I think it's best to stay around here." Cindy tried not to laugh as she saw Sonny attempt to use his weapon, "I suppose giants aren't very good at magic wielding." Cindy placed the gem at the end of her sceptre on Sonny's hand and cooled it down using her magic.