shmobum

"Since I appear to be unscathed, why not have a little fun here......"

Chris takes his broom and thrusts it into the ground, causing a giant gust of wind all through the forest.

"And let's leave the scene...."

He runs off deeper to the forest, wind at his back.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soles wrapped her arms around Esmund, pushing him onto his back. "Don't ever leave my side again!" Soles cried in a hush toned. "You were right Esmy, this entire time. I can't protect myself at all!" Tears stung her reddened face. "I was so scared. I couldn't do anything. The shadow elf tried to kill me and and and Feanor forced me to heal him and-" Soles stopped for a moment to catch her breath, she had gotten herself worked up into a panic. "He held me and touched me too but-- none of that matters anymore." Soles laid her head on Esmund's chest, "all that matters now is that you are here with me again." Soles ran her fingers in between Esmund's and held his hand tightly.

Edited by meibum

Esmund could feel his cheeks getting red, by he maintained his composure and held her tightly. He looked into her eyes and said, "It's okay Soles. None of that matters now, you're right. I'm just happy you're safe. I...I'm really glad to see you." Esmund could feel a tear rolling down his cheek as he continued to look into her eyes. He was frozen by her beauty, he wanted to kiss her, but hadn't yet worked up the courage. He was just so happy she was safe.

Edited by shmobum

The sun was beginning to rise and Aegis began to look horrified, he quickly dropped the flag at Felina's feet and said "I've got to go!" and Aegis leaped behind a tree and disappeared into the shadows. "I'll see you again!" his voice whispered.

Edited by shmobum

A sudden look of worry flashed through Felina's eyes as she realized just how close she had been to failure. Shadow users were strongest at night and, while that obviously hadn't stopped other users of various magics in this contest, fleeing at the rise of sun likely meant he had been planning on using some sort of high-level or potent magic. One misstep and she would have easily been defeated! Pure luck had saved her. Slumping down to the ground in sheer shock, she took a deep moment to simply breath. Wit was good and all, but it hadn't saved her in the slightest.

Still, she had a job to do. Looking over to the flag, now becoming revealed with the morning sun, it would need proper protecting now. If only... The shock and.. lack of sleep... wasn't... getting... to... h

e

r

*thunk*

Felina suddenly pitched forward, her heart racing and her sleepy brain utterly deprived of energy causing her to pass out.

Edited by Snowy_One

Soles gently wiped the tear off Esmund's cheek and then proceeded to hold both his hands. She slowly inched her way onto his lap (front ward facing each other), smiling and without saying a word. She gazed into his eyes with her big blue eyes, he could feel the warm touch of her nose and forehead against his. "My heart is beating really fast Esmy," she spoke softly as she held his hand against her chest so he could feel her heart racing. Soles blushed as she starred at his lips, wanting him to kiss her, "Esmy-"

"Ah finally! I knew if I followed the scent of loser long enough I'd find you Esmund, and my prize." Fëanor walked over to the couple and pulled Soles off Esmund by her arm. "Isn't she precious?" Fëanor mocked as he squished Soles' cheeks. "Oh I'm sorry. Were you two having a moment?" Fëanor quickly ripped off the pink flag Soles has been wearing around her waist and then threw her to the ground.

*Rikku arrived at Magic Valley high school.*

I have been traveling for weeks to get to this place and I still am late! Well I suppose the diversions were necessary though, if I hadn’t I would be starving! Nothing like the way pie taste when left unattended! Well my Earth magic saved me a few times. I jumped 10 feet over the fence, to get away from those dogs! It was just a pie, no need to rally a lynch mob! And that time when I had to scale a wall to acquire merchandise to fund my expenses. He will not choose stone the next time he chooses to build his home!

I looked around the high school, holding my acceptance letter, weird how I got:

Someone came up and asked if I was me. I said yes, and received this acceptance letter. I checked around the areas I frequented. They knew of Magic Valley high school, they mentioned a few unfortunate deaths due to training; well, they were higher than the other magical schools I heard of.

Why did I come here I wondered as I walked alone in the courtyard? Was it a promise of guaranteed food daily, learning more about my Earth powers? Adventuring to see what is causing the deaths around here? Well I am here now looks like there is nothing for me to do but go to my room at key 7 for room 7. Where is that last 7 I wonder?

-

Well that is my intro, I mentioned some things about the school already, though I kept it vague as possible, I am willing to change my post if I said some things that will ruin the story.

well I edited my post, did I fix everything?

Edited by sifer

"Mud? I see. You two are using synchronization magic." The giant laughed. "I'm a little more impressed with you guys now, so I'll give you my name." the giant puffed out his chest and tried to look manly. "My name is Krunath, or as the ladies call me, Krunath the Great." Krunath grinned, showing all his incredibly white teeth. "Now... to do something about this synchronization magic..." Krunath quickly pulled a spike of rock from the ground and hurled it at Cindy.

Esmund was about to lean in to kiss Soles tenderly on the lips, but Feanor interrupted rudely and hurt Soles. "Feanor... do you remember what happened the last time you touched her? No? Well let me give you a little reminder." Esmund's mind raced with thoughts of a future with Soles, full of happiness and life. Then, Esmund's mind dipped into a darker place of anger when he looked at Feanor. Esmund closed his eyes, honing in on Feanor's position around him using the wind as his guide. Esmund focused his anger into his right elbow, and sent his fist flying towards Feanor's gut.

Chris felt the tip of Athena's arrow against the side of his head. She pressed it hard enough to slightly break the skin, resulting in a small stream of blood to flow down his face. "Hand over your flag and I won't release my arrow directly into your brain" Athena hissed.

Cindy shirked in pain, it felt like every bone is her body was breaking. It would have felt better to have just died. Cindy felt her body being crushed under the boulder as she laid on the ground behind Sonny. She couldn't even speak since her jaw was most likely broken. Is this how I'm going to die?

Aleksander slowly lifted himself up off the ground, having apparently fallen asleep - or unconscious, he wasn't sure which - for a little while. His head whipped around, looking for Athena, but she was nowhere to be found. Aleksander looked down at the ground dejectedly; of course she didn't want to be around me, he thought. He stood up, buried his hands in his coat pocket, and trudged through the forest looking for Felina.

"Well, at least my partner hasn't abandoned me... I hope..."

'Failure. Failure. You didn't even try. Failure. You couldn't even fight. Failure. You could have been the strongest, but you relied on your wit. Failure.'

Felina lay on the ground, still passed out, not moving in the slightest except for her lips. "No... I don't... I don't want to be some brute. I know I'll never be as good as you... Marisa... But stop. Please. Stop! Stop bullying me! I just want to be a good merchant. I just want mom and dad to be proud of me. Ah! Don't put me into that garbage pile! Please! STOP! STOP IT! TYPHOON!"

A soft glow of etherial green started to surround Felina's unconscious body as, slowly, a breeze started to ripple about her. Then it started to pick up in power, swirling about, ripping through the air as leaves, blades of grass, and small branches, started to whip past her. The wind grew stronger and stronger, starting to pull her body up and off the ground. Had she been conscious, she could have easily controlled it, focused it, making her rise up and up, higher and higher, until she was floating in the air. But as of now she was merely reliving the dream. Thrashing about in her sleep with magic as it were.

Aleksander returned to where his team had more or less separated, head still hung low from what he felt was Athena rejecting him. When he got there, though, what he saw was somewhat more worrying: Felina, writhing on the ground, wind whipping around near her. Aleksander had to zip up his coat to prevent it from flying off of him, but he still felt like something was off.

'Is this a trap she set up? Or... no, maybe she's having a nightmare and subconsciously using her magic?'

"Hey, Felina! If you're asleep over there, wake up!"

At first no response seemed to come, but then, slowly, words started to drift through the breeze. "No! NO! I'M NOT HITTING MYSELF! STOP SAY... S... Stop.... Stop..." she said, her eyes still shut tight as, suddenly, her right arm shot up and a single, flat, discus of wind started to form around. Rapidly it spun, faster and faster, despite being counter to the rising wind, before her arm raised up and suddenly, lazily, flung it at Aleksander! It rippled forwards, the fast winds more than capable of causing serious damage upon impact should they manage to hit Aleksander.

"Don't make me use magic! I don't want to have to! I can beat you without it!"

Aleksander barely had time to think before ducking beneath the disc of pure wind magic that Felina had thrown at him. With a low growl, he drew his scythe and spun it above his head, creating a massive wall of flame around him, then slammed the scythe's hilt into the ground, causing the wall to spread out and engulf the wind in flame.

"Dammit Felina, stop trying to kill me like in your dream! ... Wait."

And engulf the wind in flame it did. As the winds whipped around and around, the fire jumped up into the hair to join it, easily fed by the gathered debris and ample air supply it flared up, spreading about the clearing as Felina formed a second wind-shot, this one now on FIRE, as she pulled back and...

And then her eyes opened. Almost instantly the wind dispersed, leaving the embers to smolder as they fell down into the wind-whipped ground, most fading out before they even reached the ground.

"Aleksander? W.... Why are you back here?" she asked, clearly confused and shocked. "What just happened?"

Aleksander dropped to one knee, breathing heavily as he did so - that burst of magic took more out of him than he expected, whether it was simply him using too strong of magic, or whether he was still worn out from all the fights from before. He then dropped to a seated position, burying his face in his coat.

"Athena split off from me. I bet she decided I'm not worth the trouble of befriending after all."

Felina stopped, looked at Aleksander. What was she supposed to do? She didn't know how to comfort someone at all. Not to mention her own confusion and disorientation. Glancing over at the flag, now visible in the rising sun, she could see it was fine, if a bit singed. Then, looking to Aleksander, she started to approach.

"If it's any help, as long as you're my teammate, I... I consider you a teammate... God that came out wrong. I am not going to abandon you?" she sighed as she tried to sit down next to him. "I don't know what I'm saying, do I?"

Athena eye balled Chris' flag on the ground. He seemed by himself while she had a team of three. "Why would you want to give up your flag so easily?" Athena sneered, "I'm not an idiot you know." Athena quickly snapped her arrow in half and stuck Chris's flag with it before turning to leave. "My partner was Feanor and I left him. So there is no use in following me or trying to get my flag. He has two, so I'd advise going after him." Athena ran off as the final minutes of night faded to regroup with Aleksander and Felina.

Sonny gasped as Cindy's bones were crushed by the blow. "Cindy!!!!" Sonny rushed over to her broken body and lifted her up carefully. "Cindy...please...speak to me!" Sonny felt rage towards Krunath. Sonny was beginning to lose control. He set Cindy down on the ground gently before he completely lost it. Sonny roared so loudly that the trees and ground seemed to shake. He ran at Krunath, each step making large cracks in the ground below. Sonny tackled Krunath, knocking him into one of the giant trees.

Krunath felt his ribs snap as Sonny slammed him into the tree, blood pouring from his mouth. "You-bastard...where is this strength...coming from?"

Sonny was unresponsive. His eyes glowed with the green of the earth as he proceeded to hurl Krunath's body into the pond.