Event Torchic

Espinosa

Does anybody know for how long approximately can one expect to be able to retrieve the Speed Boost Torchic with Blazekenite? I want to try him out eventually, but other fire and fighting types that have been newly introduced make me more curious, so I want to try them out in my next few playthroughs before I check out Torchic.

That said, he seems about as broken as Mega Lucario.

Until next January (I think it's either the 4th or the 6th)

And yes, mega blaziken is even more broken than mega lucario, even though it has its weakness (talonflame/azumarrill)

EDIT: It's actually until January 15th

Edited by Nobody

Mega Blaze is.... worse than Vanilla Blaze right now. I don't know why you would run it over Vanilla who have better offense anyway. Granted I'm not a fan of Mega Lucario either

If this is in game, its basically your standard Torchic deals.

EDIT: If you want to test it, i'm open for trading business lol

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Mega Blaze is.... worse than Vanilla Blaze right now. I don't know why you would run it over Vanilla who have better offense anyway. Granted I'm not a fan of Mega Lucario either

How is it worse than vanilla blakizen?

Edited by Nobody

dat extra speed though

How is it worse than vanilla blakizen?

Aside from what shadykid said

dat extra speed though

Blaziken goes down from being effectively Base 170 - 171 ATK into 145 ATK, a fairly common case

Blaziken is also one of very few offensive pokemon that did not give a fuck about Life Orb, being resistant to Bullet Punch, which significantly extends its checkmate area unlike say.... Salamence. Even if it did not face recoil, Azumarrill is still a "FUCK YOU" to Blaziken regardless

Basically if theres any Mega that comes closes into "Nearly no reason to use", its Blaziken

That being said, I actually did not think Blaziken is all that broken this gen, mostly because barely anyone uses Sun anymore, unlike Gen 5 where Blaziken's SD Flare Blitz is unbearable. I dunno, this meta have been surprisingly the most balanced since Gen 4 post Salamence banning

Aside from what shadykid said

Blaziken goes down from being effectively Base 170 - 171 ATK into 145 ATK, a fairly common case

What are you talking about? Mega blaziken base ATK is 160, and thanks to the SPD buff, running Adamant is less risky than on vanilla blaziken

Either I read your post wrongly, or you got mega blaziken bases wrong.

Assuming both are running adamant, Life Orb blaziken has 10 ATK more and 10DEF, 10SPDEF and 20SPD less than mega blaziken, and also takes more recoil damage.

Edited by Nobody

What are you talking about? Mega blaziken base ATK is 160, and thanks to the SPD buff, running Adamant is less risk than vanilla blaziken

The speed buff is not that significant

1 Turn still outruns most important target, at 390 area. 2 Turn is over Choice Scarf Garchomp, the excess speed is basically overkill

And yeah, its 160. I thought Blaziken's Mega was 145 lol

Either way I still did not think Blaziken is all that impressive in this meta

The speed buff is not that significant

1 Turn still outruns most important target, t 390 area. 2 Turn is over Choice Scarf Garchomp, the excess speed is basically overkill

Either way I still did not think it was all that impressive

Still, what did you mean with 145 base ATK?

Edited by Nobody

Basically if theres any Mega that comes closes into "Nearly no reason to use", its Blaziken

Actually, if there is only one, it's Mega Alakazam. I didn't made the calculation, but Magic Guard alakazam is by definition far better.

I'm not quite sure, but I think Mega Blaziken will have access to some move regular Speed Boost Blaziken don't have.

I'd say he's slightly more usefull as Mega Medicham, as it is.

I agree he's not the best, though...

in-game, you don't have fast access to stuff like Choice Band and Life Orb (plus recoil is annoying) so a mega evolution is almost always better than a normal one. When I use Abomasnow ingame though, I sometimes don't mega-evolve him so that he can still outspeed, or I mega-evolve him when he goes second and I expect a more powerful Ice Shard to make a difference.

I better hurry then lol.

Also, any idea if he can be imported multiple times if you start over?

Just get the Mystery Gift from the main menu and you can get a Blazikenite Torchic for every new playthrough. As long as you don't delete the card, you're fine.

you mean Lucario amirite

lol Pinsir, anyone remember that one getting its Mega Evolution? :lol

Fuck Mega Pinsir, that thing so crazy

Aboma offense boost is kinda questionable >_>

Is there a place where you can catch a fresh evolved Aboma? lol

Is there a place where you can catch a fresh evolved Aboma? lol

iirc you can get Abomasnow on the Mamoswine riding route, barring the fact that's it's crazy rare.

I personally didn't use the Blaziken due to it being broken and that I already was using Fennekin AND Charmander, which was pushing the limit to begin with.

i don't know why people dislike the pre-physical/special split mechanics so much

like i think the number one complaint is "but elemental punches don't make SENSE!" suck it up, folks. having a billion coverage options on every pokemon doesn't make for a balanced metagame.

i don't know why people dislike the pre-physical/special split mechanics so much

like i think the number one complaint is "but elemental punches don't make SENSE!" suck it up, folks. having a billion coverage options on every pokemon doesn't make for a balanced metagame.

elemental punches, who uses those :Kappa:

The physical/special split and the widening of coverage make sense in-game because tougher trainers now run Pokemon who can hit all sorts of weaknesses.

For the competitive, it's most certainly bad, though mons prior to gen 4 had plenty of viable movesets to choose from. Look at RBY Exeggutor even for an early example, or creative uses of Alakazam in the same gen.

I think the reasom many dislike the metagame before the split is because the game had less diversity. Like, a physical attack would NEVER scatch a scarmory, for example. Now, it has to be cautious about fire blitz. Also, before the split, many pokemon couldn't run stab moves, like gengar, who couldn't properly use ghost or poison moves (not that it was a big issue for him)

Edited by Nobody