Help with pairing up Characters.

OnYx

Hey guys/ girls,

So I've owned Fire Emblem Awakening (3ds xl limited edition) since the launch date. It's currently my only game for the 3ds, and I'm still on my first playthrough. (hard/classic, no resets) It's the grinding part that gets me away from the game (somehow makes it feel like work) So I've been training all of my characters, discovering all the skills, building relationships with everyone, but before I continue to finish the game I need help deciding whom to pair up together. (Especially my Avatar (OnYx))

For me supports do matter, but I also care about the children the characters produce together. So if there could be a middle ground between characters relationships compatibility and they're genetic (statistic) compatibility that would be ideal for me.

Additional info:

OnYx: Asset: Spd. Flaw: Magic

So far Anna, Maribelle, Kellam and Ricken have died in battle. Chrom + Sumia, Lon'que + Cordelia, and Libra + Olivia have gotten married.

Relationship wise I'm liking the conversations between my Avatar and Severa, Tharja, and Tiki.

Genetic/ Stats wise. I'm clueless.

Even though it may seem silly this is a serious question, and I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me your personal opinions (with explanation) to help me finally make these decisions so I can finish my first playthrough.

Thanks a lot. :)

* Huge Fire Emblem fan, (buy entire systems just for these games) but an extremely casual gamer

of those three, AvatarxSevera will produce a ultra high speed morgan, plus the other bonuses ofc. +9 spd if I'm not wrong. Would make a great Wyvern Lord/General/Great Knight with that massive +SPD cap, and the high attack/def of those classes compensates for her low STR/DEF cap bonuses.

Tharja just won't work because -Magic on Avatar will just end up with a screwed up Noire (pretty much cancels Tharja's bonus); and Tiki is also a possibility.

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for the help so far. If not my avatar whom do you think matches up well with Tharja? (Gaius? I'm still not sure if he's into her because of her hex or not...) Can she truly love someone besides OnYx?

Also if I wanted a son (for my avatar) which character would be the best match?

+9 spd. sounds ridiculous, + they're S rank conversation is probably my favorite one so far. (When I didn't particularly like the C, B, and A support conversations, but with the S rank conversation they became very valuable.)

Severa is now at the top of my list thanks to you're help. :)

Edited by 0MasterOnYx0

There's a difference between a creepy obsession and true love. A very, very big difference. I just throw Tharja at Gaius because he makes her look like a fool and I don't like Gaius and Nowi's supports (his other potential wife).

RickenxTharja is good, although Libra also gives Noire a small magic boost. HenryxTharja as well

Ricken has passed away in battle. (Him and Maribelle both died before I was able to recruit them :(, (I'm playing without resets)) Libra is married to Olivia. Henry is still a possibility, but I was thinking about pairing him up with Lissa. (They seem to really like one another despite they're differences) however it isn't a must + Lissa is still an option for my avatar. (along with every unmarried female character :D)

how could you let Anna die?

Playing without resets... Never really got to know her, but she seemed like an attractive women who only cared about what's inside someones wallet. What is it about her that you liked so much?

Playing without resets... Never really got to know her, but she seemed like an attractive women who only cared about what's inside someones wallet. What is it about her that you liked so much?

For me, it's more because I don't have to use Gaius anymore (personally, I consider Gaius hard as hell to raise relative to thieves in other games; low luck doesn't help, especially in a game where there's a skill that drops evade and crit evade - Gaius's in particular is pretty bad to the point where when Anathema's a factor, most of everything has crit on him. And this is an evade reliant class I'm talking about.).

Edited by Levant Fortner

So I've narrowed down my list.

I've permanently removed Sully, Miriel, Panne, Nowi, Say'ri, Cynthia and Lucina (unless OnYx's child can inherit the Lord class from her?)

That leaves: (reasons included)

Severa: + Favorite S support conversation. (genuinely care about her) Super speed child. - Only one child...

Tharja: + OnYx's first (perhaps second, but Sumia was stolen from me by Chrom before I was able to find out...) love. (Was convinced I was going to marry her until I discovered that there were offsprings... + met and got to know other women...) - Flaw is Mag which would negatively influence my offspring...

Tiki: + Like the fact that she was longing for me since the C support conversation. (Marth had warmed her up for me) + A dragon child! - Only one Child...

Cherche: + Like her looks, and how caring she is. :) + she gives me a son. :) - No galeforce for my son...

Lissa: + she gives me a son. + Royal blood. + Son with galeforce! - The pranking one another is not really my thing... - She's been sleeping (literally) with Henry, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if she became my wife.

* Other male characters (significantly less important than OnYx) that I want to get married: Donnel, Gaius and Henry.

No, Lucina doesn't pass down the Lord class to Morgan if she's her mother. However, she DOES pass Aether down (ditto for Cynthia in this case).

Kjelle too. However, Aether has to be the last skill equipped in the case of both Kjelle and Cynthia. Same goes for Rightful King in Brady's and Inigo's cases.

I'd call Severa for speedy morgan or Cherche. Although -mag pretty much enforces no hybrid classing for neither morgan nor gerome. MU!Gerome(Wyvern Lord)xLucina(Great Lord) duo can pretty much tank anything that is not wind magic, and arrows won't hit for much either.

A quick update:

Thanks to Umiko I finally tied the knot between Tharja + Gaius. So that is one less possibility to worry about.

That leaves:

Severa, Tiki, Cherche + Lissa.

* Perhaps Noire, getting to know her now (I'll get back about that)

Also whom do you think would be a good matchup for Donnel and Henry?

Both Donnel and Henry make good fathers for Owain. If those women are all you have left, I would give DonnyxCherche because Henrys magic growth and classes are wasted on Gerome. And with aptitude, armsthrift and Sol, Gerome will kick ass!

Thanks for the help eggs4king. Things are moving along smoothly now. :)

I've wed Donnel and Cherche. (Sorry Tuvarkz, but I love they're support conversations) (*You should really check them out, perhaps that might change your mind...)

I've also gotten to know Noire and I actually really like her so she's added as a possible candidate.

That leaves: Severa, Tiki, Lissa + Noire...

(Let me know how Noire (Tharja + Gaius) would work with my MU stats wise. So I can take that into consideration)

Both Donnel and Henry make good fathers for Owain. If those women are all you have left, I would give DonnyxCherche because Henrys magic growth and classes are wasted on Gerome. And with aptitude, armsthrift and Sol, Gerome will kick ass!

Gerome already gets sol from the fighter class line.