Let's continue to run through LONG LIVE THE QUEEN: ELODIE II, ARISE

Integrity

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how it affects her mood, even when she's about to die and there's no way to prevent it at that point.

You will die, little princess, and you will die afraid.

I love how it affects her mood, even when she's about to die and there's no way to prevent it at that point.

it actually applies the +3 Afraid! after you get shanked, there's still a way to battlefield medicine out after it applies the mood swing

TUNE IN TOMORROW

i lied my six sigma final took me a lot more time than expected

SO WHAT DID WE DO?

We went back in time two days. We're going to survive this, dammit, and if we play honest and restart the whole game I'll never actually finish. So instead, nix the last two days of study and replace with

Reflexes 40: You practice running at high speed back and forth over a small area, making quick turns and changes in direction.

Reflexes 50: You practice tennis against multiple opponents, learning to judge at a glance when a ball is too far away to reach in time.

Archery 20: You learn to cut, fletch, and tie arrows.

Archery 30: You learn about different styles and sizes of bows - long, short, and recurve.

Archery 40: You learn about caring for your bow - how to store it in between uses, string and unstring, and check for damage or wear. You also learn that you should never "fire" a bow without an arrow on the string.

Archery 50: You strap on protective gear and practice gripping, drawing, and anchoring the bow, before finally loosing a shot.

This was the minimum futzing necessary to survive the event. Let's see how it goes!

6nLzUXT.png

BAM. Note that this took a combined between 90 and 100 Archery + Reflexes to do.

From the screams outside, not all of your guards have been as lucky.

(+1 Depressed!)

The attackers scatter as soon as your forces show signs of resistance, vanishing into the woods.

The rest of your trip passes without incident, but you can't help jumping at shadows.

(+1 Afraid!)

So we survived the trip. I'll go over something at the end of this short update as to how we'll handle the numerous other ways to die.

xnkk9Ak.png

Uncle Laurent and your younger cousins are here, but Charlotte and her mother are not. Apparently Charlotte was ill.

There are refreshments and dancers and musicians and polite conversations... and one or two not-so-polite.

and, hey, i haven't done this in a while!

1tIjdE4.png

This is, uh, chick woman. I dunno. She's the countess of DIS, though, which is pretty great.

KlyW88L.png

And this is Chick Woman's Daughter Thing. Presumably we, Elodie, know them both.

z1X8HOS.png: Just because you're of age doesn't mean you know everything, young lady. You need my advice.

uYd7edb.png: This is my home. It has never been yours.

Before you can back away, their gazes fall on you. They wait expectantly for you as near-queen to settle the dispute.

oh of course they do

wxL10TJ.png

SO

W9pndQo.png

I'm sure you all remember this. This choice is relatively meaningless, probably, but today's a school day and I'm heading out in about 90 minutes so I didn't want to punch through and I owed you.

Two skills, decision, et cetera.

FOR THE FUTURE: The next time somebody tries to kill us it's going into a vote as to how we try to avoid it. Every skill check we fail in that event will be an option, as will avoidance if it's possible (like with the birthday party today). The skill that gets the best Weighted Voting Power (scored by number of votes times quality of vote posts) I will turn back time a sufficient amount of weeks, make identical choices where choices were made, and power that skill to where we pass the check. It's gamey but hey, we won't ever finish otherwise. :o

if anybody has any better ideas for handling deaths i'm not too proud to consider them

EDIT: oops gaze notte upon my shame

Edited by Integrity

oh yeah, and the OP now has a running update of all the skill up descriptions we've unlocked thus far because ...uh, because.

Side Gwenelle I don't like her mother and I hope this decision doesn't do anything that could get us killed

Hmmmm how about more magic stuffs? Maybe wield and sense. As much as I want to vote more for medicine options, I guess going for magic would be more productive~

Edited by Freohr Datia

The old guard must be brought to heel. Gwenelle is not only the proper heir to her domain, with whom its future lies, but its de facto ruler. A challenge to her authority is only a few steps away from a challenge to Her Majesty's own.

And yes, Queen Elodie's birthright must be claimed and mastered with all haste. The craven fools at court fear the power of Lumens, though, and we cannot take the risk of alienating them all. She must master court manners, as well, so that she may at least sidestep any more freak social upsets waiting to happen.

Also, going all the way back to week 6, the priestess urged Her Majesty to involve herself with Duchess Ursul. This has been tickling me for some time- could the church have some arrangement with court Lumens? Tis a mere hunch, but I suggest attending service while training Her Majesty's magical ability...

Bah! We, one step short of the crown, have no need to bow to the old guard. Throwing our support behind Gwynelle is a meaningless sentence from us, but it will mean the world to her - and she might well be on the way to becoming our first true puppet.

I propose that we must, as we repeatedly failed to do in the past, learn Flattery - I sense that a lack of mastery in a certain skill might well have cost us dearly in the recent past, and looking at our dismal score I can think of no other skill that it might have been. It is also past time to harness our magical abilities.

Like the others above, how could you not side with Gwynelle seeing as she will be a ruler in our domain? Wouldn't hurt to have one supporter.

Also, what good is being queen without the ability to summon meteors on any disloyal nobles!? I say invest in wield magic and resit magic!

Oh do we also vote on what outfit to wear? I would vote for conversation since military is almost maxed anyways and hopefully the bonus to conversation helps push us over some checks in future situations.

Edited by metalsnowman3

The times are a changing, the old ways can't last of long,Long live Gwynelle

We must also train ourselves to be an unstoppable magical queen, therefore, we must train ourselves in Resist magic and wield magic