The real HHM?

pianime94

You know, they dumbed down the game in USA version, and I see posts that HHM is literally Hector Hell Mode. So, I wonder how hellish is it in the JP version

Edited by pianime94

I remember only two differences :

A. The Cog of Destiny boss will use a Runesword instead of the Light Brand. The augury was even translated for that. Then again, that's not exactly making it that much harder and I think this goes for both NM and HM.

B. The final chapter morphs with portraits have their NA HHM stats as their normal mode stats, so I'm guessing they had another buff in HHM.

Edited by Woodshooter

I also vaguely remember hearing something about a difference in the way the doors open in the final chapter, but I don't remember the details. I am not aware of any other significant differences. Whatever you heard sounds like it was highly exaggerated.

Edited by Lanselot

The Calculations page mentions that might is tripled for effective-damage weapons in the JP version, which applies for the player and the enemy but probably benefits the enemy more.

Not really; the enemy normally has at most one or two effective weapons a map (other than bows). Meanwhile Hector now has an even easier time against all those Knight bosses (and the Nomads).