Fire Emblem Randomizer Tool - IDEAS TOPIC

Klokinator

oh wow a concept thread that is actually interesting

My immediate thought is to have some kind "theme" options for the generation, like "more magic units" or "melee/bows only" etc. Maybe have an option to disable level ups for both teams, or go for the full Hard Mode Level 1 Cap experience and have enemies be generated with increasingly better drops that are required to handle their increasing (but not too increasing, I guess, maybe just the stats instead of the level) level since, of course, your level is stuck.

Just, like, the kind of crap people would do in a self-imposed challenge, but automated.

only generate female units

Edited by Izayoi

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the next thing to do is confirm the randomness, and see what else can be done.

i think adjusting the randomizing algorithm, and then making it so it randomizes it 3 times before spitting out the final classes would make it better.

another thing you could do (with a option box) is making chest content semi-random. tier everything 1-6 and give every chest the ability to pull anything from, but lower tier items are more common.

as for enemy randomness, that sounds like it would take awhile, so i would hold it off for abit untill the player side randomness has more done for it.

i think a interesting option would be having a option box that says pre-promotes units start with lower stats, but promote into either their own class, or another random tier 2 class available to them.

another fun thing would just be random promotions

another thing you could do (with a option box) is making chest content semi-random. tier everything 1-6 and give every chest the ability to pull anything from, but lower tier items are more common.

:/

[2/24/2014 5:44:31 PM] Ephraim225: Today's programming class sooooo anything you think the randomizer could use? Other than a new RNG
[2/24/2014 5:45:48 PM] Klokinator: uh let's see
[2/24/2014 5:45:52 PM] Klokinator: I used it
[2/24/2014 5:45:56 PM] Klokinator: seems to work fine
[2/24/2014 5:46:06 PM] Klokinator: other than a gui (It really doesn't even need that atm)
[2/24/2014 5:46:17 PM] Klokinator: it maybe could use an option for randomized weapons
[2/24/2014 5:46:25 PM] Klokinator: on characters
[2/24/2014 5:46:31 PM] Klokinator: or no wait
[2/24/2014 5:46:34 PM] Klokinator: actually scratch that
[2/24/2014 5:46:37 PM] Klokinator: randomized chests
[2/24/2014 5:46:45 PM] Klokinator: it really wants randomized chests
[2/24/2014 5:47:01 PM] Ephraim225: It does? Hmmm maybe then
[2/24/2014 5:47:13 PM] Klokinator: I made that tiers thing some time back
[2/24/2014 5:47:14 PM] Ephraim225: randomized how so
[2/24/2014 5:47:16 PM] Ephraim225: Any item
[2/24/2014 5:47:35 PM] Klokinator: http://puu.sh/6mlc8.txt
[2/24/2014 5:47:49 PM] Ephraim225: ah

note dates

can we get a option for having the MC's not be healers, but still having a random class? that'd be great.

an option for 'if a stat if below 0 change it to 0' would also be great.

or if you can't change data like that, something like 'if a unit has lower then 0 in a stat, reroll the class'

also, dat random chests / shops thing. if that gets implemented, my god, this is gonna be the shiiiiit

do it. now.

Edited by dawnbomb

wyvern rider rebecca and dart are OP, also troubador hector and nomad eliwood have wicked awesome color palettes

how come units that are cavaliers are a cavalier if they use a lance, but a assassin if they use a sword?

also bug, if guy is a shaman he doesn't have a battle when he fights enemies (IE its a map battle instead of going into the fight screen)

Not to be rude Dawnbomb, but all of these have been brought up before. Female cavaliers have an assassin sword animation, but we don't know why. Guy doesn't have an animation unless its a sword animation, in which case it will show his myrmidon sword animation. This also holds true for characters like Raven, who have a special animation.

Kg4WLQ2.png

Hawkeye, despite being an amazing Wyvern Lord, only has a Mani Katti...?

EDIT: Damn Wallace. That makes my 6th Nomad.

dfNSNb2.png

Edit 2: Damn again. Louise and Pent are rocking.

OarLp6b.pngkaoGPW8.png

wIkT2h4.png

2Jzx2Bp.png

OSWIN = ROY?!

Edited by kurthnaga

I'm wondering what might happen if I used the randomizer on my chaos mode rom. That might yield very interesting results, especially as the rom is very balanced for all classes and gives plenty of promotion items. I will test this theory out sometime.

how does the randomizer select the characters? does it look for their name, or does it look for their 'character ID number' or something, like unit 01, unit 02, ect.

if it grabbed by something like unit numbers, couldn't this be used on hacks as well? that would certainly be interesting.

SO8EkLY.png

This is the second time I've made it this far into the game, and I got the same Renault - minus the fortify staff. Are you sure this is just a coincidence?

Edit: MVPs of my second play through

he1etpo.png

bVk5yVC.png

GrWuTY8.png

JqHVtoZ.png

lfzqmBp.png

Edited by kurthnaga

Will there be a version of this for FE8? or just FE7?

Either way this is absolutely fantastic, I don't think I've laughed this hard at Fire Emblem in a long time

although it was also the first time I had a body-count... damn thing decided to give me half a team of soldiers

Edited by cryogeist

Only FE7 for the moment. We'd make one for FEXNA before we even consider trying to tackle FE8... ugh.

couldn't this be used on hacks as well? that would certainly be interesting.

yes

Edited by Klok

i think i'm just gonna drop in to mention that i have a half-completed python randomizer that works on all three gba FE's and doesn't rely on using EA as back-end software to the actual ROM; i've been sitting on it for a few months (i'd been about a month into development when this topic was made) but i never really bothered finish it because i got bored

the biggest downside is that it's not GUI-based (it's entirely text based) but if there's interest i'll release a completed version as an alternative to this

I'd be incredibly interested in a command line python tool. That would be right up my alley, actually(I'm one of those weirdos that prefers CLI to GUI :D)

EDIT: Also I can't get the visual basic tool to even work.. Mono and wine won't run it.

Edited by MP2E

TODAY, ON KLOK'S CHAOS MODE AND FIRE EMBLEM RANDOMIZER CROSSOVER

[spoiler=HOLY SHIT THIS'LL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF]

7BUK6.png

BE AMAZED AS MATTHEW'S CHAOS MODE CLASS DOESN'T CHANGE, WHILE HECTOR GETS ARGUABLY THE BEST CLASS IN THE GAME

7BUNc.png-7BUNW.png

I KNOW NOT THE MEANING OF DIFFICULTY!

7BWsh.png7BWte.png

MATTHEW DOESN'T WANT TO BE RANDOMIZED LOL

7BWxM.png

DAYUM GIRL U LOOKING FINE

7BWAn.png

NOOOOO LYN'S SHIT TIER CLASS DEFENSE HAS RUINED ME SO SOON

So yeah, just confirmed it works. Redoing some bits of the game to make it more randomizer friendly. And challenging too.

EDit: goddamnit sf your fucking image tags suck dick and ruined this post

fuck you very much

Edited by Klok

Nah, only works on reskins more than likely. The fact it uses an event editor to insert should be the final clue to how it works.

It's meant for vanilla FE7 anyway so nbd. I'm still making a chaos mode friendly randomizer version anyway because this will make my life 100x funner.

or you could do it my way and be pro enough to randomize even repointed item tables

on a side note to everyone who wanted that python version it might take me a little longer than i expected because i ended up rehauling a bunch of it to use my cli module and because i have to compile all the data by hand (unless someone wants to help me with that :D)

I'll check yours out when it's done too, but I think this randomizer also does a good job. I'd like to know what you'll be doing with yours, whether it smart-chooses a reclass based on the character's current class (Example: Reclassing nino to T1 or T2 based on what class she is when the randomizer checks her current class, assuming it even does that), random chests maybe, etc.