Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO i decided to be extra nice and give you guys some more chapters as a new month surprise! This patch includes chapter 5 and 6!!!

I also gave characters new buffs, and added a really great feature in the prologue. Its really game changing and i seriously think it will change your experience with bloodlines. So give yourself a new game and check out the new and updated content!

Have fun with the new content!

SO i decided to be extra nice and give you guys some more chapters as a new month surprise! This patch includes chapter 5 and 6!!!

I also gave characters new buffs, and added a really great feature in the prologue. Its really game changing and i seriously think it will change your experience with bloodlines. So give yourself a new game and check out the new and updated content!

wow man thanks for the extra content this is great

and man it is so hard not to mention the great feature you implemented, but i dont want to spoil anything

wow man thanks for the extra content this is great

and man it is so hard not to mention the great feature you implemented, but i dont want to spoil anything

thanks bud!

[10:46:00 AM] ghast: mangs chapter 3 LP was pretty revealing on the work i need to do

[10:46:18 AM] ghast: the whole hack needs a lot more polish
[10:46:28 AM] ghast: its really frustrating.
I'm getting to work on another update patch based on Mangs's feedback from the LP he's doing. there's going to be a lot of technical clean-up based on both his recent feedback and Alfred Kamon's.
Not very satisfied with where the hack stands in terms of writing in both scenes and gameplay for some chapters at the moment.
i'm also going to bundle chapter 5 with this latest patch as well. Just because it's a shopping chapter and I think there's some neat stuff to do and new characters to meet.

This patch includes chapter 5 and 6!!!

So give yourself a new game and check out the new and updated content!

...lies! DX

Damnit Ghast, I played thru hoping to get to check out 5-6... It just stops after Chapter 4 as usual... Then glitchy 7x sends you back to the start screen.

I know it was April Fools... But really? ;-;

Anyways... After basically speed running thru for story, I like some of the changes/new additions from the earlier 1.2 patch I have... So here's some notes?

[spoiler=Prologue]

-like the fixes to the intro cutscene... The gameplay of the prologue itself hasn't changed much. Other than the mug of the bandit Dewey ganks. The riddle is cool! ...I kinda wish this chapter was a bit more interesting though? I mean its ok... And The cutscenes and intro around it are really good, but then... The prologue is just kinda underwhelming, especially in comparison to the intro cutscenes and chapter 1.(I get its the prologue, and the boss is supposed to be not a challenge... But I dunno, maybe if there was some ambush? Or some hint of some of the coolness/djuron/animals of chapter 1?)

Minor thing, village/house doesn't close the tile off after visiting unlike in the other chapters. You can't visit again, but just something minor I noticed.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

-new dialogue with Malcolm and allies is good. Though, what happens to these guys after the battle? Seems odd to name them and then never mention/hear from them again... Maybe some mention of them recuperating/healing up after the battle(if they survive?)

Probably my favorite chapter with its variety of secrets and ways to finish it/approach it.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

Felt the intro dialogue for Tyren and Kael was improved in the new patch. Sometimes their dialogue in other chapters can come off as kind of clunky/forced? New music was a nice touch.

Not a bad chapter, fog of war chapters can be hit or miss. Torch and Thief make this not so bad, took a couple tries to figure out spawn points... Once you figure out all the tricks an enjoyable chapter to play. Somewhat frustrating before that point though... The stealable stamp and bunches of little extra content in this though make it probably my second favorite chapter.

Somewhat confused by motives/dialogue in cutscenes in light of chapter 4 though.

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

This chapter has some good elements... But some frustrating elements... I died way too many times trying to complete it, until reading up on the forums to realize I needed to change up my gameplay.

My initial gameplay was focused on taking out the border/perimeter enemies as I focused on trying to avoid getting into the range of the dangerous Rangers. Only Kael and Malcolm could really effectively take them out with their ranged weapons(and then Malcolm doesn't do too well unless he gained enough speed levels to double/actually be accurate enough to hit), Bram could survive a few hits and Dewey could dodge some. The magic users and Tyren don't survive very effectively against them as either too slow or squishy to do much. I found it difficult to draw Kadven without somebody dying, as he needs to be ganged up on to take him out and going methodically results in you getting ambushed by turn 10.

Eventually figured out I needed to move forward as quickly as I could, but the margin for error felt really small. I have viable strategies for all the chapters now that I have figured out... But that is a valid concern for a number of the chapters that they sometimes feel somewhat linear, like only a small number of strategies are viable to surviving... And if you know the strategy then you're usuallly fine, but it can be frustrating if you haven't got the idea. :\

Its a good change in ch.3 that the Crow mentions he'll start moving to his henchman as that imparts more of a sense of urgency to the player... Though technically, he says something like 10 turns...when it was turn 3 and I think he still starts going right at turn 10 anyways... I dunno if you need to be as on the nose about how many turns it will be? ...but maybe emphasize thru dialogue between the main characters that they need to hurry up, something like "we can't wait for whatever he's planning, we need to take him out quickly... Crows are not known for their patience, if they want to Voluprian Rangers can strike suddenly and swiftly." Or something like that.

Kinda curious the house Nilou and Sadaati come from has no visit opportunity. Riddle for the Rat Tail was somewhat hard... Ended up just stumbling onto the spot. The ID been fixed for that yet BTW? Otherwise just really tempting to just abuse that glitch for maxed rat tails.

[spoiler=ch.4]

Need to play thru this chapter more. Liked the Priest with magic casting. Some story elements are a bit confusing and some event movements look like they need some better syncing. Like it's strange how the dialogue comes before certain actions at times.

Faces of the new characters looked improved. Enemies in the earlier patch felt very strong.

Found myself agreeing with Bram about some of the earlier chapters' scenes stuff being confusing in light of the big reveal. BTW was the revealed character supposed to be part of Loyis' company? Weren't they supposedly with the Red Lustre so... Why do they show up alongside Loyis at the end?

...Bram's scene was interesting. Kinda curious what went on with Malcolm and crew in the midst of that.

Anyways... Felt OK, but needed some more polish on the chapter I guess?

Anyways... I love the animations, art, and world you've built for this game! When Bloodlines shines it really shines! Some dialogue and some event stuff needs a bit of polishing up to feel sometimes snappier, or more natural, and chapters 3-4 could do with a bit of altering in balance/gamplay, but that's something that can always get fixed up.

I am very very curious/excited to see these upcoming chapters bud... You're doing good, hope the feedback, especially from Alfred, helps you make this even more awesome than it already is! :D

aaaawh man, this is just more stuff that i can use to super shine up part 1 now. I'm sorry stoked to get working on it again,

the recent influx of polishing up-feedback is great.

Also Errant i added you to the hack chat lol.

hmmm, i can't really say. I haven't touched anything since like, the 2nd hahaha. All of my papers are due on the same day/week because snow days kept pushing all assignments back.

Here is some new stuff that's gonna be in v 1.4

- Intermission 1-- A chapter of all dialogue to provide more clarity on the plot. This happens after chapter 2

- A world map

- Chapter 5

- A bunch of polish

Pic tieem

New cutscene after chapter 1

hbRLcFY.png

so incase there are some that were 2 confused on the story. Hopefully the new cutscenes in v1.4 will help you understand what's up

Edited by GhastStation

WHEN BEES ATTACK!?

bom
HJyItUb.png
BOM
PLkn56Z.png
BAAWWWWMMM
LMa4wq9.png

Yeah, separate factions in Bloodlines are a thing now. Mega creds to Brendor who beasted this out. And also creds to CrazyColorz for showing me this is possible!

Edited by GhastStation

Well, I don't even know what to say anymore. You just keep exceeding my expectations so I guess I should be more surprised when you don't have some cool new thing to show. Seriously though, this hack is looking like it can be one of the top hacks out there. Major kudos man, and keep it up!