So am I the only one who wants another game with Ike?

LoveTikiTiki

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we do have Priam. I'm thinking why not set it in the land he went to him taking the role as Greil and maybe even be about his kid and how he trains and mentor's him.

Or better yet have a story or set of sidestories talking about what the people are doing in Tellius after Ike left. Aka Mist and her dealing with it, Elincia, Boyd, Titania, Mia and the rest of the mercenaries. Maybe one of them goes looking for Ike and that's how he ends up having a kid. I don't know.

Living up to Greil was hard enough...living up to the hero of blue flames...yeah I don't think I want to be Ike's hypothetical son. He may be better off just becoming a priest or something.

I think the shipping controversies alone are enough reason to avoid revisiting Tellius directly after RD. I still prefer the idea of fast forwarding 1200 years like in the epilogue, where Tellius was in peace all those years.

Edited by Radiant head

What. Naw, Ike's son would totally become a sword-wielding mercenary and be like his dad! I don't see Ike trying to make his son live exactly up to him either, Ike did some pretty insane stuff. He's just not that kind of guy. Ike would just want his son to be the best person he can be, best mercenary and warrior in the case of the boy wanting to follow his dad.

I wouldn't mind another game taking place on Tellius, but I don't particularly care about Ike.

Yeah totally this, actually. I also feel like Mist would be hyper competent at running the GMs.

Living up to Greil was hard enough...living up to the hero of blue flames...yeah I don't think I want to be Ike's hypothetical son. He may be better off just becoming a priest or something.

I think the shipping controversies alone are enough reason to avoid revisiting Tellius directly after RD. I still prefer the idea of fast forwarding 1200 years like in the epilogue, where Tellius was in peace all those years.

To be fair though Greil who was also known as Gawain one of the four riders of Daein was known to have accomplished several feats which we don't known much about but its safe to assume that he did some pretty crazy shit yet he just focused on making Ike the best he could possibly be.

Ike's kid would be hilarious as a non-physical fighter like a mage or something squishy. Could be a kinda MiaxRhys dynamic.

Ike:"Hey wanna train!?"

Kid:"Uh... Not really."

Ike:"Sure you do! I trained with my father all the time! Here we go!"

Kid:"Wait...what? But I don't...ow!"

Ike:"This is training, you could be hurt or killed at any time...you should really have your guard up more."

Kid:"...training? Guard up more!? ...sigh, no kidding..."

...also if an old Ike is still potentially too powerful he could suffer from plotinjurititus, like Greil as we found out later having severed tendons nerfing Him to slightly more human levels of power.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

...also if an old Ike is still potentially too powerful he could suffer from plotinjurititus, like Greil as we found out later having severed tendons nerfing Him to slightly more human levels of power.

Yeah this is why I'd rather not see him at all than see him plot-nerfed.

He doesn't have to be plot-nerfed if he's old. He could just not be playable until near the end of the game (which is what I have in mind for a sequel to my RD sequel, actually). He can still be powerful then.

Besides, once Ike gets up there in years, it's only natural that he grows a little weaker.

Edited by Anacybele

Nerfing him versus saying he's weaker because he's old is only a semantic difference to me.

I prefer to just remember Ike the way he was in RD. The idea of seeing this washed up has been version of Ike just makes me cringe.

Edited by Radiant head

Nerfing him versus saying he's weaker because he's old is only a semantic difference to me.

I prefer to just remember Ike the way he was in RD. The idea of seeing this washed up has been version of Ike just makes me cringe.

It not like he'd turn into a geriatric Terminator (cough Arnold cough). I think he'd probably look alot like Greil except with blue hair. I mean thats just the way it works people age. Physically however, I don't think he'd begin to degrade until maybe his 50's assuming he trains like he does. People forget just becaue you're out of your 20's dosen't mean you go downhill. In fact most people hit their prime in their 30's and given that Ike trains like he does he probably staves off alot of aging in the first place.

What. Naw, Ike's son would totally become a sword-wielding mercenary and be like his dad! I don't see Ike trying to make his son live exactly up to him either, Ike did some pretty insane stuff. He's just not that kind of guy. Ike would just want his son to be the best person he can be, best mercenary and warrior in the case of the boy wanting to follow his dad.

Not sure if you've seen dbz or not I see Ike's son would be like Gohan in a lot of ways but that might just be because I see Ike personality reminds me of Goku but not as stupid.

Not sure if you've seen dbz or not I see Ike's son would be like Gohan in a lot of ways but that might just be because I see Ike personality reminds me of Goku but not as stupid.

That's actually a good comparison. Someone with latent ability far exceeding him but somewhat timid/ afraid to use it but develops over time to become even stronger than he could imagine gaining confidence along the way. I see potential there.

Huh never thought about that comparison, but it kind of works. Though Goku isn't nearly as serious as Ike.

I knew I was forgetting something else.

In general life sure but in a fight he sure as hell is just look at his fight vs Freiza and Cell. But yeah I really like the idea of Ike having a kid like that.

EDIT: Ninjad but I was responding to Radiant Head's post.

Edited by LordTaco42

Yeah, Goku is like...comedy relief a lot. lol

But that is a pretty interesting comparison. Maybe I should put a foreshadowing of Kael being that strong when I get around to my fic sequel. He DOES get to face off against one hell of an enemy in the end, something equivalent to, say, Formortiis in Sacred Stones.

Edited by Anacybele

But Goku can be like, uber-serious when the situation calls for it. Make sure you don't kill Krilin in front of him.

I can't shake the feeling that Ike is the kind of person whose fighting skills don't age well. Like, if we get a game where we play as Ike's 18-year-old child, Ike himself is already in FE6 Marcus shape.

But Goku can be like, uber-serious when the situation calls for it. Make sure you don't kill Krilin in front of him.

I can't shake the feeling that Ike is the kind of person whose fighting skills don't age well. Like, if we get a game where we play as Ike's 18-year-old child, Ike himself is already in FE6 Marcus shape.

Yeah we saw where that got people last time right? lol

I don't know Greil was known to be quite formidable and still good enought to go against Petrine at least and at a minimum hold of the BK in his prime all with severed tendons. Had he not done so its quite possible that he would of beaten or fought the BK to a stalemate. Don't get me wrong Ike is only human but with the amount of strength he has I don't think he'd have a problem.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "severed tendons" thing added for the localization. I believe the explanation in the Japanese version is different.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "severed tendons" thing added for the localization. I believe the explanation in the Japanese version is different.

Oh, I don't know. I've never heard this before. o.O

Oh, I don't know. I've never heard this before. o.O

I remember watching an LP a couple of years ago that mentioned this, but again, it could have been way wrong. So don't take it as fact by any means.

It would be great if someone could confirm it.