can someone please double check the chapter 23x reqs

dondon151

I'm about to test this myself. I just so happen to have a file at Chapter 23. Here's what I am going to do. I am going to collect 600 exp while making sure that I would've gained 700 in normal mode. If I go on to chapter 23x than I suppose we can assume this is correct. I'll get back to y'all shortly.

Edit-Could Merlinus leveling up possibly count?

Edit 2-This is going to take a bit >_>

Edited by Rah

I went through the routine with a debugger. I hacked to go from ch. 11 HHM to ch. 23 HHM (since I didn't have a save), so I only had Matthew and Hector. Thus, I only used Hector, Matthew, and Hawkeye for the chapter. Hector gained 595 exp. points, Matthew 231, and Hawkeye 20. At the very end of the calculation routine the total was 1041, which it then subtracted 195 to get the correct total of 846, which it then checked to see if it was over 700. I wondered why it added an extra 195, and I later found out that the 195 was Hector's total accumulated experience before starting the chapter. In other words:

Before the chapter:

Hector lv. 2, 95 exp.

Matthew lv. 2, 0 exp.

After:

Hector lv. 8, 90 exp.

Matthew lv. 4, 31 exp.

Hawkeye lv. 4, 20 exp.

Matthew had not gained any experience prior to this chapter, and neither did Hawkeye since I just recruited him during the chapter. Hector, however, had 195 exp. gained before the chapter, so the routine adds the total accumulated exp. of all characters, then subtracts what they had before the chapter started.

Conclusion: Dondon miscalculated, unless he provides proof he didn't.

Edited by Barth

another explanation is that there's another routine (i didn't actually debug the other ASM condition because i figured that the 700 was the right one) that we're not looking at

it's entirely possible there's an IF_HARD_MODE clause somewhere