• Available for critique/advice
    • Available for work with trade
    • Available for work with financial compensation

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who? : Havel the Rock

Project (if applicable) : No topic yet, but I'm currently planning on a hack. So project TBA.

Task : A map in FE7 tilesets. Kind of the same as this map. The bottom left house would be an inn. House will all have yellow roofs on them because iirc, the red roof houses require some tile changing.

Timeframe : By the end of this year...

But there is no real timeframe. So take your time.

Compensation : Personal thanks, credit in hack, or offers.

Project (if applicable) : No topic yet, but I'm currently planning on a hack. So project TBA.
Task : A map in FE7 tilesets. Kind of the same as this map. The bottom left house would be an inn. House will all have yellow roofs on them because iirc, the red roof houses require some tile changing.
Timeframe : By the end of this year...
But there is no real timeframe. So take your time.
Compensation : Personal thanks, credit in hack, or offers.

Gotcha listed~ Curious though, what do you mean by 'or offers'?

Can I change my request? I don't think I'll be getting a battle sprite any time soon lol

Who?: Great Witch/Luke

Project (if applicable): No link yet but working on it!

Task: I'm looking for another mug to be made. This guy is the "Sothe" of the story aka the male companion of the main female hero. He's a brigand so he's not the most handsome dude in the world but he's got a certain charm to him. Not qute Gonzalez levels of ugly but not Lucius levels of pretty either. I was thinking he was shirtless with maybe a tattoo of a hammer on his chest. Brown messy hair and brown eyes. Maybe a small animal bone as a nose piercing. Darker complexion. Big smile on his face.

Timeframe: No time frame really but I'd like them as soon as possible because I'm an impatient mofo :D

Compensation: I can pay if you'd like and I'm a really good story editor. PM me if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, my map request is finish thanks to Skitty.

Project : Personal GBA Hack
Task : I want mugs remavps of Eirika, Tana, Forde, and Selena. Along with mugs for Marth, Catria, Katarina, Ogma(Based on this http://serenesforest.net/media/complete/Oguma.jpg ), Abel(FE11/12 look but with his buckteeth from FE1), Barst, and Shiida.
Timeframe : Within 5-7 months
Compensation : Personal thanks, credit in hack, or financial offerings.

Is it possible to create a thread for Generic Sprites and Maps for anyone to be able to use as long as they provide Credit? As in, a thread in which anyone can post anything they're willing to give up for common use.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44477 ~ Heree

Also, all of Nickt's sprites are free to use, as I understand

FYI, my map request is finish thanks to Skitty.

Project : Personal GBA Hack

Task : I want mugs remavps of Eirika, Tana, Forde, and Selena. Along with mugs for Marth, Catria, Katarina, Ogma(Based on this http://serenesforest.net/media/complete/Oguma.jpg ), Abel(FE11/12 look but with his buckteeth from FE1), Barst, and Shiida.

Timeframe : Within 5-7 months

Compensation : Personal thanks, credit in hack, or financial offerings.

Hullo

What do you mean mug revamps for eirika and the rothers? Do you just want the original mugs touched up or something similar to a nihvamp? I may be up for the task for monih, as soon as i come back from ukren obvs and as i am done with a few other things <3. Shoot me a pm if you are interested

Just wanted to do a little shout-out about this:

To all commissioners and artists using Paypal to transfer money for game artwork, please make sure to check 'Services' when you send your money. According to some other artists, you can get in trouble with Paypal for sending money as 'Goods' for digital art because there is no physical object involved and the commissioner is not having any items sent to their address.

Also, note that there is a fee (taken out of the total sum sent to the artist) for sending money as Services. Sending as a Gift, on the other hand, is another option. There is no fee, but I believe there is no sender protection, so if you are paying before you have received your artwork, and you never get the artwork, you can't dispute the transaction.

Granted, I doubt there will actually be any problems but I know I never really knew how to send/receive money on paypal for digital art. I don't know if I'm 100% correct either as this is all things I've read about as opposed to experienced, so if anyone has some different experiences let me know~

tldr

Services = send money to an artist who is going to produce art for you that you are not being mailed

Goods = send money to an artist who is mailing art to you

Gift (no fee) = send money to an artist who has already finished the art and you can't think of a situation where you would want your $$ back

• 1 month later...
Who? : Lord of Pharae

Project (if applicable) : Well I am still studying a few things before I can submit anything good, but getting there. XD

Task : I'm not good at spriting, thus I was wondering if someone could make two or three custom characters in case I do present a hack one day. The characters can be either two males and a female, or two females and a male. One male should be lord, the other two I leave for you to decide. If you need colors, or more info on the characters, just pm me and I will let you know what I am looking for.

Timeframe : Take your time while I work on some stuff.

Compensation : Personal thanks, credit in hack. I really don't know what else I can offer, pm me if there is more I can offer as compensation. And I hope I got it all down correctly, if not, just let me know so I can edit this.

Just as a general warning - with as little discouragement as possible - but most spriters won't be willing to make sprites that have little potential short-run use, especially for a currently non-existent project. I'd suggest using placeholder mugs (recolors, simple splices, open source mugs, etc.) until you have some proof of concept ready before asking for custom work, as custom work is both time- and effort-consuming, and few of our current for-hire spriters may be as inclined to take up a nonprofitable request. Furthermore, we've some history with many newbie hackers wanting sprites for protential projects, but never getting anywhere off the ground with them; as such, a number of veteran spriters may be a little cautious about investing their time in these sorts of first-shot, start-up projects.

Edited by Joltaeon

Pretty much what Aeo said. If you're not aware of it already, Nickt has a wealth of open source mugs available (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41383). Just starting out with placeholders isn't as bad as it sounds.

I'm going to be condensing the older requests on the first page into briefs and links, just a heads up. Please let me know if your request has been fulfilled or you no longer need it.

Edited by Lenh

Just as a general warning - with as little discouragement as possible - but most spriters won't be willing to make sprites that have little potential short-run use, especially for a currently non-existent project. I'd suggest using placeholder mugs (recolors, simple splices, open source mugs, etc.) until you have some proof of concept ready before asking for custom work, as custom work is both time- and effort-consuming, and few of our current for-hire spriters may be as inclined to take up a nonprofitable request. Furthermore, we've some history with many newbie hackers wanting sprites for protential projects, but never getting anywhere off the ground with them; as such, a number of veteran spriters may be a little cautious about investing their time in these sorts of first-shot, start-up projects.

Thanks for the heads up. Btw, how much do spriting services cost? And what do they (the spriters) take as payment?

Pretty much what Aeo said. If you're not aware of it already, Nickt has a wealth of open source mugs available (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41383). Just starting out with placeholders isn't as bad as it sounds.

I'm going to be condensing the older requests on the first page into briefs and links, just a heads up. Please let me know if your request has been fulfilled or you no longer need it.

Are those mugs free to use?

Thanks for the heads up. Btw, how much do spriting services cost? And what do they (the spriters) take as payment?

Are those mugs free to use?

Yes, that's what is meant by open source. Anyone can use them for free and modify them if they want.

Yes, that's what is meant by open source. Anyone can use them for free and modify them if they want.

Ah, now I understand. Well, I will surely take a look, and if I end up using any, I will surely give credit where credit is due.

Are these the only open source ones for use? Or are there other folks who have some more?

Prices vary by individual, but it seems the running price around here is from $10-20 per mug, on average (at least as far as I've heard) for a flat rate.

You could probably scrounge around some of the topics and ask people for permission to use things; that's a pretty common tactic for collecting premade mugs.

Prices vary by individual, but it seems the running price around here is from $10-20 per mug, on average (at least as far as I've heard) for a flat rate.

You could probably scrounge around some of the topics and ask people for permission to use things; that's a pretty common tactic for collecting premade mugs.

Alright, I will probably do that. :)

10 for a mug huh? Not bad. What about a battle sprite and map sprite? How much would that combo be? Do you have an idea? And...will the battle sprite be animated and ready for use in a hack? Sorry for all the questions, I am just very interested, you know?

Battle sprites and animations are a whole 'nother ball game. If you've never tried making a custom animation, I'd suggest getting a feel for how much effort spriting actually takes before requesting something of that size. Most of the spriters here don't have much hacking experience, so you'll likely have to ask someone else to import the animation, or else do it yourself. I don't know what the price is for a full animation, but I'll probably guess it won't be cheap. That being said, $10 is an absurdly low price - it's to the point that I honestly think that most of the commissioned spriters here are heavily undervaluing their work.

10 for a mug huh? Not bad. What about a battle sprite and map sprite? How much would that combo be? Do you have an idea? And...will the battle sprite be animated and ready for use in a hack? Sorry for all the questions, I am just very interested, you know?

As far as I knew, it was $30 on average for a mug, and that's with the blinking, talking, and chibi frames included. $15 being the low. (From what I've heard.)

I'm not familiar with anyone's actual pricing on a battle/map sprite combo because of the rarity of it being ordered publically, but I'd say it's in the $75+ range for a complete one done from scratch. It's verrrry dependent on what you're specifically asking for.