• Available for cleanup work
    • Available for critique/advice
    • Available for work with trade
    • Available for work with financial compensation

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. No because if I acted like that all the time I would implode of boredom.

2. I really only stated exactly what everyone else in my skype group was saying.

Edit: LOL LENH XD

How is 2 even a remote justification for anything? Please learn to adult.

What a tough customer.

ag9C5.png

The day is won.

Edited by Siuloir

Please learn to adult.

I'm still trying to get my head around this statement. It's like, you're telling him to grow up but you're saying it in the way that a internet addicted teenager who is addicted to selfies all from the same angle like Brendor's waifu does and has been so much wrapped up in Reddit that "please learn to adult" actually sounds like a correct sentence to themselves.

Also, I'd much rather have Klok post what people are saying here, even if it's been filtered through his head, instead of having a bunch of cunts talk shit on Skype behind everyone's backs like this is high-school all over again.

I'm still trying to get my head around this statement. It's like, you're telling him to grow up but you're saying it in the way that a internet addicted teenager who is addicted to selfies all from the same angle like Brendor's waifu does and has been so much wrapped up in Reddit that "please learn to adult" actually sounds like a correct sentence to themselves.

Also, I'd much rather have Klok post what people are saying here, even if it's been filtered through his head, instead of having a bunch of cunts talk shit on Skype behind everyone's backs like this is high-school all over again.

That's a lot of generalizations there, Nickt. My choice of vernacular, if you need an explanation of it, is at least, intentionally wry. So, if it pleases you:

"Klok, please grow up and at least comport yourself with a measure of behavior befitting someone of your age."

You seem to care a great deal about what people say on Skype. Perhaps it is you that has issues letting go of high school, because you seem to be incredibly wrapped up about public perception and what is said by a by a bunch of people you will never interact with.

This thread is really turning out to showcase the worst of what Serenes has to offer, instead of organizing the talents of its members.

Edited by Siuloir

I've put your request up on the main post, AthenaWyrm~

Sounds really interesting and I hope people different people pick it up. (Maybe if it's still up after FEE3 requests die down and I'm not busy I might try one.)

Suiloir, so far it's showcased a little bit of everyone on the board (some more than others). As long as reasonable requests can still be made and taken, and the drama doesn't go out of control, seems fine.

That's a lot of generalizations there, Nickt. My choice of vernacular, if you need an explanation of it, is at least, intentionally wry. So, if it pleases you:

"Klok, please grow up and at least comport yourself with a measure of behavior befitting someone of your age."

You seem to care a great deal about what people say on Skype. Perhaps it is you that has issues letting go of high school, because you seem to be incredibly wrapped up about public perception and what is said by a by a bunch of people you will never interact with.

This thread is really turning out to showcase the worst of what Serenes has to offer, instead of organizing the talents of its members.

Oh please, you and a few other people on this board really seem to get hard on this whole "holier than thou" bullshit.

What is with people here and always going to lengths to show they're better than others? Like, look at this fucker's writing, every single word just bloody oozes with arrogance, superiority and absolute twatsicles.

So for the sake of fuckery, don't be a smartarse, alright? The whole, "so, if it pleases you"? Yeah, you want to make it out like you're better but you're not, this right here puts you right in the mud with the rest of us.

Also, it's not that I care about WHAT people are saying, it's the fact people are saying things in general, negative things, yet they'll only do it in whispers or between their little group of socialites who circle-jerk needlessly. It's like dealing with the popular kids all over again, if you pay even the slightest attention you'll notice them here, just that small little group of uptight people and their rag-tag of groupies.

And I must mention, one comment and I'm 'incredibly wrapped up about'? Dude, that's reaching just quite a bit too much, take yourself down a peg.

This will be my last comment in relation to this conversation, like you said, thread's getting out of hand, let's all sit back and enjoy the wait to see how long it takes before it fucks up again.

Oh please, you and a few other people on this board really seem to get hard on this whole "holier than thou" bullshit.

The glass house you must be amazing. Your last post to your sprite thread is filled with self-aggrandizement about how you work for free, and how people who do not are twats'.

Also, it's not that I care about WHAT people are saying, it's the fact people are saying things in general, negative things, yet they'll only do it in whispers or between their little group of socialites who circle-jerk needlessly. It's like dealing with the popular kids all over again, if you pay even the slightest attention you'll notice them here, just that small little group of uptight people and their rag-tag of groupies.

And I must mention, one comment and I'm 'incredibly wrapped up about'? Dude, that's reaching just quite a bit too much, take yourself down a peg.

This will be my last comment in relation to this conversation, like you said, thread's getting out of hand, let's all sit back and enjoy the wait to see how long it takes before it fucks up again.

Again, why does it matter?

Also, perhaps you should re-evaluate the definition of one comment.

Edited by Siuloir

Could you guys please not argue in here? I keep getting my hopes up when I see that someone posted in here.

Well said Ash. Please guys, just stop, it's not needed and you're clogging up the thread. If you want to argue, just do it via PM. ><

Also Lenh, feel free to remove my request, since you're doing it :)

btw, perhaps you should make it a rule that people can only post for requests and when people are interested in claiming it. Because then we all just fall into the continuous cycles of disputes... :/

Aww, commitment. (Harken's pretty much done, I'm giving him a break, moving on to Isadora, then going back to make frames for both.) ^^

I'd rather not make a rule about post-types since that's just another thing to wield in these cases (in fact that's what Suiloir used before everything went completely off-topic). I'll just ask you guys to practice restraint and remember the actual purpose of the thread is to make/clarify/fulfill project requests, not to soapbox certain SF members or controversies.

Will say though: Once it gets off relation to any particular request or how the guild thread functions, it's off-topic territory so try to keep that at a minimum (i.e. don't bury legitimate posts e.g. AthenaWyrm's posting).

Edited by Lenh

So much trolling in this thread. tsk, tsk.

Anyways, I have a question with regards to requesting. Is it alright to request modifying an already existing mug?

I mean, some people might have a better eye for detail or some may have just completely given up on working

on a specific mug but want to see it finished.

Yeah, those sorts of requests are fine, as long as the original stuff in question is your own, has the original creator's permission, or is open stock art.

Fateborn
Project: Fire Emblem: Nemesis http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-nemesis/241
Task : A map in FE7 tileset.

16x20 cave map networked to bit of a puzzle while not truly a maze. Add in unapproachable space where fliers can only access (like a large abyss gap between the main area and a cliff 'island')

Add a throne for seizing purpose, and have a chest somewhere accessible.
Timeframe : Have it finished before August begins.
Compensation : A trade within my field of work and personal gratitude.

Note: Only asked because a certain someone failed to send me an image of the map, so I could make my own copy of it, he made despite being asked for it over and over due to an error with his tiled file he sent. I doubt he'll ever send it and I am taking a less risky route to get a map. I can't wait any longer with his tardiness and with FEE3 coming...

Edited by Fateborn

Note: Only asked because a certain someone failed to send me an image of the map, so I could make my own copy of it, he made despite being asked for it over and over due to an error with his tiled file he sent. I doubt he'll ever send it and I am taking a less risky route to get a map. I can't wait any longer with his tardiness and with FEE3 coming...

a little bit unnecessary with the passive aggressiveness

Fateborn

Project: Fire Emblem: Nemesis http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-nemesis/241

Task : A map in FE7 tileset.

16x20 cave map networked to bit of a puzzle while not truly a maze. Add in unapproachable space where fliers can only access (like a large abyss gap between the main area and a cliff 'island')

Add a throne for seizing purpose, and have a chest somewhere accessible.

Timeframe : Have it finished before August begins.

Compensation : A trade within my field of work and personal gratitude.

Sorry >< I'll get to it, I've been busy with irl stuff, and then getting my own project ready for FEE3. I also have like...5 map requests atm so this one flew over my head. I'll get it to you now. :)

Map request withdrawn. I wasn't being mean, I was just disappointed considering the map was already finished and was never re-sent to me again.

I had nothing else to do for my hack since I was pretty much finished with the other events that was necessary so the map was a priority.

So I took what was best possible route to get me what I needed.

Can't really say anything without understanding the situation fully, but just sounds like you just needed to be patient and/or send some reminders. Glad it worked out, anyways~

Map request withdrawn. I wasn't being mean, I was just disappointed considering the map was already finished and was never re-sent to me again.

I had nothing else to do for my hack since I was pretty much finished with the other events that was necessary so the map was a priority.

So I took what was best possible route to get me what I needed.

being passive aggressive and being mean are different things.

-doctor keegs

Edited by XxXPierogiMaztR3pleXxX

Ergh, yeah figures. I tried swapping between googledocs and excel and found out that was a bad idea, as they interpret empty space and symbols differently. Thought I caught everything but I'll check again.

Edit: If anyone's interested in taking the survey again, I put it up with the additional misc skills people requested on the old thread. Sorry for the snafu.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48564&st=0&p=3191500

Edit2: I've checked it with my oldest save, didn't see much/any difference but I'll check some more later. :/

Edited by Lenh

Adding another request to the board, after refining it with Brendor:

1 Referenced Portrait Request from Brendor, opened July 21, 2014:

Project: Personal GBA Hack

Task : Need a FE7-styled portrait, with frames and a chibi, of Beedle from the Zelda games. Should be more towards the realisticSkyward Sword version of Beedle. A splice and beginner-level work is acceptable.
Timeframe : N/A, anytime
Compensation : Personal thanks, credit where used. Can offer assembly hack service for trade.

Adding another request to the board, after refining it with Brendor:

1 Referenced Portrait Request from Brendor, opened July 21, 2014:

Project: Personal GBA Hack

Task : Need a FE7-styled portrait, with frames and a chibi, of Beedle from the Zelda games. Should be more towards the realisticSkyward Sword version of Beedle. A splice and beginner-level work is acceptable.

Timeframe : N/A, anytime

Compensation : Personal thanks, credit where used. Can offer assembly hack service for trade.

have a ref sheet to help?

skyward_sword__beedle_reference_by_shrub

I guess a few notes and additional details couldn't hurt either

Preferably, fit into a hack box with 16 color limit but not mandatory.

Beedle ideally would be in typical FE fashion in the sense that he looks less cartoon-y and more like a real person but is still recognizable. On a similar note, his SS design doesn't necessarily have to be adhered to either, creative liberties may be taken and are actually encouraged; my only caveat is that he can be recognized as Beedle.

Thanks guys

btw Brendor you might want to put a request here for that transexual Dara you wanted. I don't know if I'll have time to do it....

Edited by Haku