Toa's Sprites

Toa

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The circlet was unfortunate in that the gem was 6 pixels wide on a face with an odd number of pixels across. l tried making it 7 wide, which doesn't look bad:

FgUgfX1.png

New mug, not that complex, but I think it looks pretty cool.

HW0z2Ic.png

HW0z2Ic.png

1b2c2857a5e28fd25c3847be3544f5e0.png

We have twins!

...Except yours is better in basically every way (including using FE7 colors). :D

This new Eliwood actually reminds me of Garret/Ledin from Warsong/Langrisser. The set of his face is also much more regal than Eliwood's normally is.

Edited by Siuloir

Haha, they are pretty similar! To be fair splice competition sets are a lot harder to use than the piles of mugs I use in mine xD. Thanks though, haha.

There is certainly a bit of resemblance there of long red hair and circlets. I agree, he did end up looking very noble.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to check more than just "my content" on this site.

Quality splices. Good level of originality (lookingness) to them, passable as new people and all.

How much costuming do you typically do when splicing (for the non splicing contest ones)? Is there a lot of free hand or just adept augmentation of IS's sprites?

Edited by deranger

@BoE: I'll probably redo that one at some point(or something of a similar concept), the body got a bit ick and I don't like the way the collar looks as it seems like the helmet would run into it.

@Nih: Thanks :D

@Deranger: Thanks, and pretty much the base components are always parts of official sprites. I do do some reshading and resizing, as well as adding a bit to make the parts connect a little smoother. Sometimes I draw in parts of bodies or faces that were obscured by hair too. I haven't really delved into drawing totally new parts, but it looks to be the next big step and I'm thinking about bringing in more custom additions. I did draw this guy's big bald head though: hVxMPwE.png

It's a start... But the face is really weird, you have the nose in a profile position, while the rest of the face is in 3-4ths ish view.

I recommend moving the mouth so it is actually under the nose to start. Right now the nose is all the way at one side of the mouth c:

Edited by L95

brtX1t3.png

I think that looks a bit more reasonable. I've been using Legault as my main reference as well as Morva and Ismaire for reference on full side view. I used Rennac for jawline reference at the beginning though.

WKZXBEs.pngGX3irAr.png

Moved his nose down. The two images: the one on the left has the eye where it's been and the one on the right has the eye and nose moved down one pixel. I included both because the right one looks a bit wonky to me, but it might just be because I've stared at it for a long time :\

With the way the mouth and jaw is, I'd probably recommend taking a look at and referencing Gerik as he matches the angle better, even if you have to rip his far eye and add it to your graphic, it'd benefit well because like you've mentioned, without the far eye it looks off. If the face was more matching to the style of Legault then you could get away with not having a far eye, but in this situation, I'd go for Gerik.

The skull is almost nonexistant, and the ear seem too low.

I cannot tell which onr looks better cus tablet, but it is not a matter of eye positioning imo, just shape the nose bridge differently. Also the ndck is kinda absorbing thd head, idk how to explain it

Edited by D'Artagnih

Took a break from the custom to do some requests for Baldo45:

r4Cp8Dr.pngwG2tiJf.pngPycoqXr.png

[spoiler=ugly]

Not really happy with any of this, but do I get kudos for hackboxing a dragon? I might come back to this eventually, but probably not.

bsJCuzD.png

Unchanged Raven body is unchanged. The hair and headband on the first aren't impossible, but they would seem to make more sense on a face facing further right (left opv). The other two have good looking heads. Hairdo's are too different for me to decide which I like better. Are the faces somewhat original, or am I starting to forget splicing parts?