Nintendo Hosting 3DS Smash Tournament at Comic-Con

Jedi

Man, these things are never held anywhere near me...

But I wonder if we'll finally get to see more gameplay of characters that didn't appear in the demo. :o

But I wonder if we'll finally get to see more gameplay of characters that didn't appear in the demo. :o

I wish I could go. I'll be back up in Washington again on the 14th for a good while.. :(

Maybe I can find some personal leave days from Job Corps..

Same case for me, I live near Toronto in Canada. It's true that there was a Best Buy location with the Smash Bros. Tournament when E3 happened not too far from where I live, but I had exams then. Guess I'll have to wait till it releases in October. D:

Will Nintendo have a Direct by that day? I wonder...

I do wonder myself, also people say Nintendo has some kind of announcement at EVO but its not exactly a reliable source

Same case for me, I live near Toronto in Canada. It's true that there was a Best Buy location with the Smash Bros. Tournament when E3 happened not too far from where I live, but I had exams then. Guess I'll have to wait till it releases in October. D:

Always a possibility they'll have it at the Fan Expo in August.

July 25th is in fifteen days. Nintendo would have to get ready for all this stuff really fast if they were also planning on doing a direct before then. xP So I doubt there will be one, as nice as that would be.

Nintendo has confirmed that there will be a Direct for Japan tomorrow, but it's centered on 3rd party titles.

How come all the recent Directs have been Japan only? That's not fair to everyone else.

Perhaps Japan-exclusives?

So anyone here even heard of Taiko no Tatsujin?

There's a hell of a lot more "niche" games in Japan that even I wouldn't touch that they do directs for.

Ana, you wouldn't even be interested in those Nintendo Directs.

There's a hell of a lot more "niche" games in Japan that even I wouldn't touch that they do directs for.

I don't think Taiko no Tatsujin is THAT obscure. It's a really popular arcade import and there were a couple of games that did make it over in English. It's pretty much in every arcade that has Bandai Namco arcade machines. I'm sure many people have at least seen the game's mascot.

That said, Japan does end up with a lot of exclusive releases or releases that won't be translated for a long time, so an equivalent English Direct would be a pointless waste of money. With the lack of Western developers working on games for Nintendo's systems, there just isn't anything to make a Direct out of.

July 25th is in fifteen days. Nintendo would have to get ready for all this stuff really fast if they were also planning on doing a direct before then. xP So I doubt there will be one, as nice as that would be.

I am under the impression that they'd have made preparations and plans prior to announcing the release date of any Direct they're doing. I don't think there is one either, however, so I agree.

...I've heard of Taiko no Tatsujin...

Well, Taiko Drum Master at least.