Random Ides For the Next FE Game

I've been thinking for the past however long it was about what kind of stuff would be cool to add in to the next game. And since I couldn't find a topic about this I made one here.

This topic will be dedicated to ideas that we, as fans, want in FE14. It can be anything related to visuals, combat, character ideas, or whatever else you want. However, I didn't make this to primarily focus on new things that haven't been implemented before, so feel free to bring up things from the past games that didn't get added into Awakening. And feel free to build upon others' ideas, too, for that will make ideas even better!

Thank you~!

My own ideas, as of right now, are some things for avatar customization and army customization.

I was thinking that having an eye color option for the MU would be pretty cool, along with skin tone. It would make the character be a lot more of a resemblance of the player than it waas in FE12/13, IMHO.

I also think that being able to have the option to choose your own army's color would be awesome, because having it always be blue is getting a little old to me. Along with that, the other nations in the storyline could also have their armies be the color respective to their nation. I think they did this in PoR, but it has been too long to remember.

Lastly, for now, the option to toggle helmets on or off for each unit would be nice. It could be made purely aesthetic, but could have the option to make the character actually care for their skull or not.

MODEDIT: don't doublepost, tia

Edited by Integrity

Most of your current ideas seem purely aesthetic, not that their bad, however. Armour customization would be really cool, just not sure how to implement it in gameplay.

I'd really like to see better use of dynamic/destructible terrain, these kinds of things were barely touched upon in previous games. (The Tellius games had it the most.)

Edited by Knight

I would like some strategic options for the maps itself. Pulling switches to open watergates so you can flood a part of the map to prevent the enemy from reaching you. parts of the maps on fire, traps or maps that change in lay out a little like that one chapter where the water goes away in fe6.

Some fire emblems already did this, but mostly the map stays the same every time.

I would like some strategic options for the maps itself. Pulling switches to open watergates so you can flood a part of the map to prevent the enemy from reaching you. parts of the maps on fire, traps or maps that change in lay out a little like that one chapter where the water goes away in fe6.

Some fire emblems already did this, but mostly the map stays the same every time.

Yeah, map diversity and different/new objectives are what I find most lacking out of Fire Emblem as a series. That being said, I can't really think of anything.

Having alternate or extra routes for maps would be my most wanted.

Main lord to be female, in the past female lords have had to share the spotlight with male ones (FE7 and 8 specifically), but I want a game where the main lord is a female the entire time, like if in FE7 Eliwood and Hector just never showed up.

I thought BS FE in FE12 was a nice little bonus, maybe they can pop some retro levels as bonuses in the next game too.

Main lord to be female, in the past female lords have had to share the spotlight with male ones (FE7 and 8 specifically), but I want a game where the main lord is a female the entire time, like if in FE7 Eliwood and Hector just never showed up.

I thought BS FE in FE12 was a nice little bonus, maybe they can pop some retro levels as bonuses in the next game too.

Would not be surprised if in the next game the main lord was female. They were kind of going this way with Chrom's sister in Awakening (don't remember her name) but you just never got to play her.

First of all, i'd want some real multyplayer, with online matches and everythingh. Also i've always tought about armors, but it would be quite difficult to actually implement. Weapon customization would also be really cool

There desperately has to be an in-between difficulty, rather than the immense gap between Hard and Lunatic modes.

And I hope that they have a more traditional support system; Awakening's was functional, but the formula it utilized could get redundant really fast.

As far as the core gameplay mechanics go, I'm pretty happy with the way they currently are. It would be nice to see some classes return, though (need more Barons).

Edited by Topazd255

I think branching class trees are a great way of adding diversity to the stock classes and above all else I'd love to see them combined with a three tier class system in the next game. Aside from that, as Altercircuit pointed out, the lack of a true female lead has been a bit of a per peeve with me for awhile now too. Also a playable male Manakete, It's weird that Bantu is the only one. Weapon Weight and Constitution is actually a feature I like though I don't think many others do but if it were to come back I'd like it to have an actual growth rate like in Thracia. A variety of unique and interesting classes that have appeard very rarely I would like to see include: (playable) Ballisticians, Witches (from Gaiden. They had an innate warping skill which would really shake up mag design), Xane's Chameleon class and Summoners. I'd also like to see a class specifically designed for using Awakening's rallies. Maybe flagbearer or something to that effect.

Would not be surprised if in the next game the main lord was female. They were kind of going this way with Chrom's sister in Awakening (don't remember her name) but you just never got to play her.

Emmeryn is a playable character though...

I really want to see better implementations of the pair up system, make it more balanced.

Plus, I think something the series should just start doing is enhancing maps in general, since now we can have 3D maps: with RD they gave us heights and that was an awesome start!

Also, more traps, map objectives and more chapters with forced units as challange.

One idea that I like is when you have to let your squishy, puny units escape (I'm thinking of Aideen and Dew in FE4 when they have to escape from grunts): I'd love to have more maps and objectives like that! Imagine if you could work your way through it thanks to traps or terrain differences.
A nitpick my sister has is a way to see how units are affected by terrain all the time and not just in the tutorial: she tends to forget it.

I remember reading an idea on the Awakening section that said to use DLC as a way to play enemy units or to see more Gaiden chapters based on events of the past (think of playing as the Four Riders), and that's something I'd love to see in a FE game with a good story.

As for the comebacks: bring back CON and weapon's weight, let the characters have a limited pool of supports and a limited number of supports.

Bring back characters from the story staying dead too...

What I don't want to have again:

The Avatar isn't necessary, especially if it's a super perfect Mary Sue self-insert. Sure, I always like my Avatars, but that's because I like the looks I give them, not because they are speshul amazing tacticians loved and cried by everyone.

Marriage and Children don't need to be in the series again for a bit, unless FE14 is a FE4 remake because both are related to 4.

I don't want the game to end up rotating around stat power and skills like Awakening did, complete with encouraged grinding (think of the skill learning system) and DLC that's perfectly baked for post-game OP units.

Not that I didn't enjoy and buy the DLC! Just don't have the next game be crafted around it in such a way.

Not all of these have to be in simultaneously

- Main lord with black hair.

- Non lord main character, Kinda like Ike

-Shoving comes back

- Cel-shaded graphics

- Set in Magvel, or related to Magvel, similar to how Awakening dealt with Akaneia

- Rescue coming back or Pair Up readjusted, i.e. Melee can't dual attack during indirect confrontations and vice versa, movement restricted to who has the lowest move stat, etc.

Shields as equippable items. They give bonuses to DEF/RES but take up carrying weight (I prefer the STR based weight system to the CON based) and an inventory slot.

Story should take place in Awakening's bad future (the one Lucina and Co. came from, not the Future Past one) making it a prequel/AU to Awakening. Better explanations as to who the Grimleal are and more world building please.

I want the game to not suck. That'd be nice.

No avatar.

Lord uses Axe or Lance so that they aren't always facing WTD.

Bring back weapon weight and con. Con + Weight - Speed = AS?

Less inflated numbers

Better maps

No avatar

Plot promotion for the lord that isn't 5 minutes before the end of the game

I want the game to not suck. That'd be nice.

No avatar.

Bring back weapon weight and con. Con + Weight - Speed = AS?

Less inflated numbers

Better maps

No avatar

Plot promotion for the lord that isn't 5 minutes before the end of the game

Wait what? The more speed you have the slower you are

As for me I'd like to see

multiple viewpoints and armies

third-tier classes.

branching promotions

Objectives that aren't just rout and kill commander

marriage and kid units

gaiden chapters

return of buyable physical 1-2 range swords and crossbows that use strength

indoor movement penalties for mounted units

I personally wouldn't mind if the avatar returns as long as he isn't as sueish as he was in awakening.

Edited by lazydoggamer

Wait what? The more speed you have the slower you are

As for me I'd like to see

multiple viewpoints and armies

third-tier classes.

branching promotions

Objectives that aren't just rout and kill commander

marriage and kid units

gaiden chapters

return of buyable physical 1-2 range swords and crossbows that use strength

indoor movement penalties for mounted units

I personally wouldn't mind if the avatar returns as long as he isn't as sueish as he was in awakening.

I deeeeerped

Con + SPD - weight.

Axes and Lances can theoretically still face WTD. Now if we had a lord who specialized in bows...

I know! Let's put FE6 on the 3DS, and pretend it's an all-new game!

...Well, it's the most realistic idea here.

The AS formula was just a random thought. I just want to see con and weight implemented again.

Axes and Lances can theoretically still face WTD. Now if we had a lord who specialized in bows...

I never said immune to WTD lol but giving the Lord a sword in lance land is no bueno. Sure they usually give you some Axe mooks to stomp but after the baby stages are over it becomes lance aplenty. A bow lord sounds a bit iffy to me but hey if it is done well who am I to complain? Bows just don't seem to make for appealing dragon slaying plot weapons.

My idea is that you start off in a mercenary guild, and get to choose one of three guilds to join, which will then give you certain classes to take up. the story will then have three 3 endings, or they could just hve a merge somewhere in between

Also, pls no Second Seals.

My idea is that you start off in a mercenary guild, and get to choose one of three guilds to join, which will then give you certain classes to take up. the story will then have three 3 endings, or they could just hve a merge somewhere in between

Also, pls no Second Seals.

But then impossible Lunatic

I would say pair 6 and 7 (affected rates) with some new gaiden chapters and such.