Will there be a sequel to Fire Emblem : Awakening ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saved the series from closure?

I doubt the series would have ended if Awakening didn't sell well, especially since it's already been going on for 12 games before it.

I think that if anything, it'll be a new Fire Emblem game.

A sequel to Awakening? I wouldn't think so.

I doubt the series would have ended if Awakening didn't sell well, especially since it's already been going on for 12 games before it.

I read somewhere that installs news that Nintendo said to the fire emblem creators if they didn't make a game soon the series would close thus awakening was made.

actually, IS was considering the possibility of not making any more FE games after awakening. Awakening's success convinced them otherwise.

A sequel to awakening itself? No, and I don't want one either. I'd like a game that isn't on the continent of Arcadia. Edit: Well, not anytime soon, at least.

Edited by Comet

I read somewhere that installs news that Nintendo said to the fire emblem creators if they didn't make a game soon the series would close thus awakening was made.

Namco said they were gonna end Soul Calibur with 5 but once they can decide on how big Ivy's boobs need to be, they'll make SC6 sadly.

I would think that it was just Nintendo's way of making it sound threatening or so. Perhaps they'd just stop releasing Fire Emblem games outside of Japan.

actually, IS was considering the possibility of not making any more FE games after awakening. Awakening's success convinced them otherwise.

A sequel to awakening itself? No, and I don't want one either. I'd like a game that isn't on the continent of Arcadia. Edit: Well, not anytime soon, at least.

Then it wasn't a matter of the game not selling well per say, but rather them not wanting to make more games.
A different thing all together but then I see.
Edited by Zeithri

I was hoping there to be a sequel to FE12 though as well as FE13 . (though im guessing lucina would be the main lord)

You accidently put this topic in "General". General is unrelated to Fire Emblem.

This question should belong to the section "General Fire Emblem" or "Awakening", because it's a topic about Fire Emblem.

FE13 saved the franchise with its great sales figures. The carelessy remake Shadow Dragon almost ruined the franchise.

And no I don't expect and hope for a sequel. I hope for a sequel on a new continent with completly new characters.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I would think that it was just Nintendo's way of making it sound threatening or so. Perhaps they'd just stop releasing Fire Emblem games outside of Japan.

They did. We never got FE12, and if Awakening didn't sell as great as it did we wouldn't have gotten it.

I can't remember where I heard it but apparently they went into Awakening thinking it was going to be the last game. Maybe not THE last game, maybe another would get produced 10 or 15 years down the road or something, but Awakening was gonna be it for the time being.

I doubt the next game will be a sequel to Awakening specifically with that cast, as Nintendo wouldn't wanna step on shippers' toes I think. Also pretty much nothing left for that cast to do. Then again, I'm not very creative, so maybe there's a storyline using them that could work that I'm not aware of. A next generation thing in Ylisse might happen, I love the possibility of a prequel about Chrom's father. A game where the main Lord is a villain or does questionable things could be a really interesting twist to the ol' fire emblem tropes.

except that's exactly what was the case due to mediocre sales

FE13 saved the franchise with its great sales figures. The carelessy remake Shadow Dragon almost ruined the franchise.

And no I don't expect and hope for a sequel. I hope for a sequel on a new continent with completly new characters.

ACTUALLY,

Shadow Dragon had pretty good sales. After price cuts, but still good sales, comparable to FE8.

The games that sold terribly were FE9 and FE10.

http://garaph.info/softwaregroup.php?grid=52 (japanese sales. They were similar in the west)

In topic: I hope Awakening don't get a sequel. I don't think there's room for one in its story.

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

ACTUALLY,

Shadow Dragon had pretty good sales. After price cuts, but still good sales, comparable to FE8.

The games that sold terribly were FE9 and FE10.

http://garaph.info/softwaregroup.php?grid=52 (japanese sales. They were similar in the west)

In topic: I hope Awakening don't get a sequel. I don't think there's room for one in its story.

Thanks for the info!

But then I don't understand, why FE12 wasn't released outside from Japan

I know that FE9 and 10 had bad sales but I always thaught that Shadow Dragon was hated by most people because of the poor execution of the original. No support conversations, short story, short game in general, sacrificing your units to get new allies.

That's what I meant that FE11 almost ruined the franchise.

yeah fe11 has to be my least favourite game, I don't hate it but at the same time it's not the best.

I know that FE9 and 10 had bad sales but I always thaught that Shadow Dragon was hated by most people because of the poor execution of the original. No support conversations, short story, short game in general, sacrificing your units to get new allies.

That's what I meant that FE11 almost ruined the franchise.

Why do people keep ranting this?

I get it already, internet. You all expected to get an exact remake of FE7, and instead you got an actual franchise cornerstone. Can't you judge games on their own instead of some silly "Zeldas are to be judged on a scale of other Zeldas" shenanigans?

And actually, FE11 did fine. It just hit the same problem Superman Returns did, in that the actual sales figures didn't meet the projected ones.

Nah, Awakening's pretty wrapped up and I'd rather see something more interesting. FE was kinda dying without it, but there's a lot about Awakening I'd rather not see again.

No, Ylisse is pretty boring in contrast to other worlds. I want something completely new (and without this stupid timetravel). New world, new characters.

Posted · Hidden by Ϲharlie, July 29, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Ϲharlie, July 29, 2014 - spam

No, Ylisse is pretty boring in contrast to other worlds. I want something completely new (and without this stupid timetravel). New world, new characters.

This.

Actually seconding Jugdral remakes, or perhaps a remake of sorts of the Elibe games (first Mystery of the Emblem-esque, maybe? FE7 as Book 1 and FE6 as book 2?), but more than either of those I'd prefer an entirely new game, especially since after doing 1-3 remakes so recently I doubt they'll be remaking any games soon.

There are things that can be done with Lucina's solo ending or perhaps Priam if they felt inclined to expand Tellius, but yeah. An entirely new game first is my preference.