''There is a place between war and murder in which our demons lurk.''

Hello Community. I'm not usually one to do this type of thing but I think I'm finally due to put something out. It's small but I made a promise to have this out by early August and I plan to commit to that promise.

bsEKV0E.png

What Is This?

Clash of Fates is a fan-made League of Legends themed mod centering on a war started between Noxus and its allies and the fall of the Institute of War.

In the wake of the League Championship series final matches the City-States of Noxus and Zaun launched a devastating attacking upon the Institute of War. A potent weapon known only as spell blight cut those on sight of the Institute of War off from their magic while their aggressors were fully prepared for battle. For now, the story turns to Riven, an exile of her country who opposes the brutal nature of this attack.

My ultimate goal for this mod is to produce something that will cater to fans of the League of Legends game but will also satisfy Fire Emblem fans. This is a mod I dont want to make about difficulty, but rather something different and more memorable. Expect the game to offer more beyond a main story.

5YHAexW.pngrqdsKnL.png9Gr5998.png
haZ64U2.pngFJPmTCq.pngxyQqtBh.png

How much is done right now?

What I have in the patch right now is a complete chapter but I formerly had two playable chapters and one structured but not playable.

Music?

I plan on eventually getting around to edits to the OST. As it stands I've done one successful insert. (I'm not the best at this)

That guy in your avatar is that guy in TLP who is that guy in this mod? Why is he here with so much HP? Self Insert! OP!

Long story short, Tekun tends to be in most things I got a larger hand in. Just the way of things.

Can I help?

Absolutely. I always looking for a hand with anything!

Will X Champion be in this?

I don't know. It's a W.I.P. If there's a need for X, I'll get X in there. I'm doing what I can. If there's a portrait out there and Y person feels like letting me use it then the odds of Z being in goes up. I'm one ninja man, I'm doing my best.

Credit List

Graphics
Merc
Redfield
Lehn
Mewthos
ArcFalchion <3
The Blind Archer
ECut
Nayr

Graphics

Battle - Shining the Holy Ark (courtesy of VGMusic)

Modding (People I turn to for aid)
Blazer
Ghast

Dialog
http://ask-riven.tumblr.com/
http://generaldarius.tumblr.com/
http://ask-sivir.tumblr.com/
http://matronoftheblackrose.tumblr.com/
http://timetogetourhandsdirty.tumblr.com/
http://follow-no-false-light.tumblr.com/

There are a few others who I'm unsure of how to reliably credit since I can't source them well.
They know their involvement. They know I'm thankful and they know I love the fact
they've aided me with this.

I hope I did not forget anyone. D: There's been a lot of help.

Download: Clash of Fates v.0.1

Clash of Fates v.0.2

You'll need a GBA emulator (obviously), a UPS patcher, Which can be found here, and a clean copy of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword to play this.
Don't ask me for a ROM. I won't give you one.

7/30/15: So I have some explaining. I realized that I didn't like the direction I was heading in so I opted to do some restructuring. I decided I wanted to focus a little bit more on other Champions so I wanted to branch out and explore that. With the Lore of the game finally making a come back I decided that hey, I should put forth a little more effort while dealing with one hundred different projects.

The following patch v.0.2 contains 3 Chapters. Two that follow Sion and Fiora and a "Trial" that follows Ashe. Hopefully this is worth posting.

tumblr_nofj95B9fW1si7y87o1_250.pngtumblr_no0zv8kcdw1si7y87o1_250.pngtumblr_na6bxeBg0o1si7y87o1_250.giftumblr_no0o3nEP6V1si7y87o1_250.png

Edited by DH_Ninja

You said ninja, you are now committed to putting Kennen in there :P:

How long with the finished hack be?

Possibly. Not sure how to feel about Yordles and their heights. It would be like all of them having stools when they speak. XP

As for an expected release date. I'm committed to trying to work but for now I'm not comfortable with putting one out there. As it stands I busted my butt into getting this out.

I suppose it would be blatant mod abuse to request Teemo as the first boss, or the final one :P:

I'm curious to see how many chapters this will be, once you're satisfied. Riven's story has a lot of potential.

While the art is beautiful (even the custom sprites sport an impressive level of detail), the sheer number of units is really really excessive in the first chapter (especially when the reinforcements are added in), such that when coupled with the fact that the map is one long hallfway, makes things really really tedious to play through. You could cut down on a lot of that and still keep the point of the chapter intact.

I do now however profoundly miss playing Varus.

Edited by Siuloir

I had an okay time with it. Here are some opinions:

As far as the characters go, Tekun was pretty useless. 10 strength? Against an entirely promoted army? Axes can't cover that kind of deficiency! He had trouble hitting, and his main strength was tankiness, but that wasn't really a needed function! The lord guy was okay, and the dancer dude helped, but all the clustery-ness of the enemies made things look slogg-y...until the archer guy came in. He destroyed the heavily fortified right half while the others fought off the few dudes on the left side. I'd suggest buffing Tekun's strength and maybe nerfing archer guy. Specifically, his weapon...does it need a brave effect?

Since I have time in this year's FEE3 for maybe one project aside from my own, I could LP this for you if you wanted. It looks short, and I like short because that means not too much time sacrificed in the middle of moving.

I think I'll give this a shot. Never good get into League, but as long as a game is fun, I'll play it even if I won't understand any references. I'll get my thoughts down in a coherent manner at some point.

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement guys. Here's a screenie of what I'm currently working on.

rms3QxN.png

9M3TET0.png

That's so beautiful 10/10

EDIT: Just so this isn't a stupid post, I would like to say that this hack intrigues me. Keep working at it; It'll pay off in the long run ;)

Edited by PixelmanFE

Thanks! But I got it.

JggejT4.png

I'm happy to say that I finally got it in without breaking the rom. I'm not by no means the best framer but I'm just happy I got this in. I think I'm going to fall over and die now. KTHXS.

It looks nice, but the texts doesn't fit well.

I hope you'll be able to fix that.

For the time being I'm content with this (10+ hours and a lot of patience so I'm not too keen on doing it again so soon) but If I can get a better one I'll gladly attempt a reinsertion since I know what I'm doing now and know for a fact I can do it!

I like the game so far but why does Varus have 4 hp and Tekun have 35 hp outside of Chapter 1? Also Jarvan has like 7 hp. Not to be mean or anything but isn't that pretty low. Also, only Varus gains experience, despite everyone else being in level 1.

I like the game so far but why does Varus have 4 hp and Tekun have 35 hp outside of Chapter 1? Also Jarvan has like 7 hp. Not to be mean or anything but isn't that pretty low. Also, only Varus gains experience, despite everyone else being in level 1.

Demo. Nothing is finalized. Also. The game isn't meant to be played past the one chapter. Do not be too hasty going ahead. It had taco bell for lunch.

• 11 months later...

An oversight I have only just learned about. Thanks for reporting it.

No problem! The new chapters were fun! Also, the chapter in the first patch isn't in this one. Is this intentional?

No problem! The new chapters were fun! Also, the chapter in the first patch isn't in this one. Is this intentional?

Yes. There's been some direction change and some revaluation of the things I wanted to do. While I wouldn't call the first chapter canceled/scrapped I would say that I am going to revamp it and work upon it a little differently. I also sacrificed that for the sake of battle frames and the new menu.