Draco's "fun" SF quest of fun questing!

Draco

Sup, yo! I'm Draco, as 4% of you might know! And today, I'm here to present the worst most unique thing I've ever had come to the top of my head~!

This originated in IPC, but I figured I could take it a little farther I guess. I dunno why I had this idea. But I did, so here we goooooooooooo!!

Bear with me that I'm bad with explaining, but the basic idea is that I provide a scenario and whatever it is you have on you at the moment. Then I give you a few choices on what to do next.

Say you're in the Astral Realm. There's a chest in front of you. I give choices like this:

>Open the chest >Don't open it >Exit the area

Select the one you want. Be sure to include the > and say it word for word, or at least close-ish. [so saying stuff like "OPEN THE CHEST, WOOOOO" is usually A-OK with me. Usually.]

I'm only including a couple people at once, so join in quick if you want!

Also, making a character for yourself is optional, but I would prefer if you did. For sure include your preferred weapon.

Okay, finally, here's the scenario.

Let's say you're a nomad in the desert. [
No, not FE7 style nomad.] Your attire is a little raggy atm, but it can improve. It basically looks like FE7 thief. You have a little rusty dagger on your belt on your waist. [Btw, this can definitely change eventually along with your attire] Stuffed in your cloak is a few coins, not a whole bunch; not enough to buy a whole bunch.

There's a village accross the desert. Travel to it?

>DO IT >Nah, mate. Don't do it.

I haven't figured out what would happen if you chose not to. Probably involves dying.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting? Yes. Wrong section? Definitely. Off to Forum Games with you~!

Oh, sorry about that.

BTW, this isn't FE style, so classes probably aren't necessary. They're good for classifying your style, but otherwise, eh.

That's 2 so far! That's good.

(BTW Glac, having an Ice Mage seems pretty cool, actually. You don't really see a whole lot of that.)

Okay, finally, here's the scenario.

Let's say you're a nomad in the desert. [No, not FE7 style nomad.] Your attire is a little raggy atm, but it can improve. It basically looks like FE7 thief. You have a little rusty dagger on your belt on your waist. [Btw, this can definitely change eventually along with your attire] Stuffed in your cloak is a few coins, not a whole bunch; not enough to buy a whole bunch.

There's a village accross the desert. Travel to it?

>DO IT >Nah, mate. Don't do it.

I don't have a whole bunch of choices atm, but that will definitely change.

Select the one you want to do, and include the > too. c:

Depends.

How close is the second nearest village?

If it's far enough to be more dangerous than the desert trip, then go to the desert village, if not, I'll go to the second closest instead.

So... I'd say...

>Nah, mate. Don't do it.

Cool. I don't think I'll accept any more for now; 4 is fine. [sorry Waluigi, I dunno if I'll be able to squeeze you in :<]

[sorry about the late reply, I had a whole bunch of hw]

[Also, Bly, are crossbows okay?]

I think secondary weapons for most of you would be fine, too. Choose one if you like. For those of you that chose swords, specify the ones you prefer most [e.g, katanas, broadswords, longswords, etc.] Daggers might be fine for all of you [up to you, of course], but not extensively unless you want to.

BTW Glac, sorry about this, but I think I'm gonna go with Necro's choice; simply because I haven't figured out what would happen if you chose not to go to the village. Sorry; that will change in the future.
One more thing: What's your "build"? Are you more on the speedy ranger side or a heavy, slow brawler?

Annnnd with that, away we go!

You decided to take the short walk to the nearest village. It wasn't a very long walk; about 4-6 minutes, tops. You hadn't seen civilization in days. Or was it weeks? You had lost count.

At the gates of the little village, you look inside and see that the ground appears to be made of sandstone. Little bits of dust and sand are scattered everywhere; this is especially apparent in some of the corners of the village, where great piles of sand rested indefinitely. The houses were a bit above ground, with ladders leading up to the entrance and a little skyroof on the top of each.

On the main streets, straight forward from the gates you had arrived in, there's a bustling little bazaar. Most of the merchants there appeared to trade for just coin.

Taking a look at the villagers, they looked... special. They wore little tunics that were an ugly mix of brown and the color of sand. Ugh. You had seen enough sand recently to last a lifetime. Most of the villagers were bald or had little hair, and almost all of them had both of their eyes looking in different directions. There was clearly something wrong with them...

FE11bullion.png = 26 coins
[This represents money]

>Talk to the villagers >Rob a house >Look at the bazaar >Look around the village

Edited by Anguis

You take another look at the village.

At the gates of the little village, you look inside and see that the ground appears to be made of sandstone. Little bits of dust and sand are scattered everywhere; this is especially apparent in some of the corners of the village, where great piles of sand rested indefinitely. The houses were a bit above ground, with ladders leading up to the entrance and a little skyroof on the top of each.

On the main streets, straight forward from the gates you had arrived in, there's a bustling little bazaar. Most of the merchants there appeared to trade for just coin.

On one of the corners of the village, there was a great pile of sand with a shovel stuck in it. A villager had been digging, but apparently completely forgot about literally everything in life and probably never knew anything again.

>Pull out the shovel >Leave it be

After that:

>Talk to the villagers >Rob a house >Look at the bazaar >Dig around

You grip your hands firmly on the handle and lift it with all your strength. The shovel is released from the sand and it flies everywhere with the force. It gets on your shoes/boots/feet/ whatever it is you're wearing down there. You ignore it and simply flick your feet to get the sand off.

+Obtained Simple Metal Shovel!

~+2 luck when held~

It looked like the villager who owned it had used it and simply left it there after awhile. With their low intelligence, they probably found treasure and left after striking it. You begin to consider this as a possibility...

The shovel could also be used as a weapon, if you wanted.

With shovel in hand, you decide to go look for some good ol' fashioned treasure. When the sand was moved, it revealed the top of what appears to be a brown colored box shaped thing with black trimmings. It looks familiar, doesn't it?

You put the shovel into the remains of the sand and begin throwing it behind you. After enough of this, you begin to realize what was submerged in the sand. Sure enough, it revealed a chest!

>Open chest >Don't

After that:

>Talk to the villagers >Rob a house >Look at the bazaar

Nah, it's not a TTYD black chest; it's a traditional treasure chest that's brown all over with a tiny bit of black on the edges.

You decide to get your reward by opening the chest. It's not locked; just closed. You place your fingers on the handle and push it forward, which opens the top of the chest.

It contained:

x1 Rare Metal

x3 Regular Arrows

x13 FE11bullion.png (Remember that this is the symbol for coins)

x1 Simple Bronze Dagger

With that said and done, you decide to speak with the villagers. You chose the one that looked like he had the most intelligence and civility. He actually spoke like a normal human being, which was a surprise. He took pity on you for being uber poor, and gave you:

x7 FE11bullion.png

x2 Regular Arrows

x1 Old Noodle

------------------------------------------------------

What next?

>Throw the noodle at a random villager{...?} >Don't

Then:

>Take a look at the bazaar >Rob a house >Throw a musical number

Current inventory:
x1 old noodle, x5 Regular Arrows, x1 Rusty Dagger, x1 Simple Bronze Dagger, x1 Simple Metal Shovel (+2 Luck when held)

Sleet Spell

FE11bullion.png 46

Edited by Anguis

You briefly entertained the idea of throwing the old noodle at the villager for a few chuckles, but then decided against it. (BTW, if an option has a "{...?}" in it, it might do something good like open up a new option down the road.)

You decide to take a look at the bazaar.

There's a few merchants running a few stalls that sell various things.

This is a marketplace~! Buy the things you want by posting the ones. I'll say a >Purchase and >Don't, or after awhile, >P and >D for each option. If you decide you want it, then post something like

>P
>P
>D
>P
in your next post. Items marked with an * are items you do not yet own, and items marked with a ^ are things that /can/ be used in forging at some point.

Regular Arrow x 11 FE11bullion.png 4 each

"Used alongside bows. You don't even need a bow for them; some mages have found other ways to use them..."
>P >D

Flask* x 2 FE11bullion.png5

"Used to contain water. It comes along with some of the most lukewarm, sour water you've ever tasted. Consider dumping it for fresher water."
>P >D

"Shiny" Bronze Dagger* x 1 FE11bullion.png 12

"A step-up from a Simple Bronze Dagger. It's swifter and overall a flashier sight."
>P >D

"R0pe" *^ FE11bullion.png9
"Who knows what you could do with this? It'll probably help you out at some point, though."

>P >D

Foreign food * FE11bullion.png 4 for each bowl

"An odd meal that consists of teriyaki noodles with a small side of brown rice. Who knew that the Desert Villagers had something so good?"

>P >D

"Foreign food: T'go~!" FE11bullion.png 5 each pack

"Similar to regular foreign food, but this comes in a paper bag and the noodles don't have /quite/ as much flavor. Still just as good. They also apparently don't know how to spell 'To go.'"
>P >D

FE11bullion.png 46 (Current funds)

Edited by Anguis

You purchase those items from various stalls on the bazaar. When one of the merchants hand you a rope, they stab your finger with a tiny knife. It catches you by surprise, and you stare angrily at his face. His eyes have gone back to looking in separate directions, as if he doesn't realize what just happened. This encounter has left you quite confused...

~Paranormal: +1!~
~Badassery: +1!~

Most stats help to unlock sidequests, and only when certain stats are high enough can you use certain weapons and spells.

You stuff the items in your cloak and pockets. A shame none of the merchants sold any handbags or backpacks, you're starting to run out of places to keep things.

FE11bullion.png17
Hunger: 74/100 (The higher, the better)

>Bust into musical number >Leave village and enter oasis for better water >Rob a house >Throw noodle at villager {...?} >Talk to mayor of village

You purchase those items from various stalls on the bazaar. When one of the merchants hand you a rope, they stab your finger with a tiny knife. It catches you by surprise, and you stare angrily at his face. His eyes have gone back to looking in separate directions, as if he doesn't realize what just happened. This encounter has left you quite confused...

~Paranormal: +1!~

~Badassery: +1!~

Most stats help to unlock sidequests, and only when certain stats are high enough can you use certain weapons and spells.

You stuff the items in your cloak and pockets. A shame none of the merchants sold any handbags or backpacks, you're starting to run out of places to keep things. FE11bullion.png17

Hunger: 74/100 (The higher, the better)

>Bust into musical number >Leave village and enter oasis for better water >Rob a house >Throw noodle at villager {...?} >Talk to mayor of village

>Talk to the mayor