Let's Steal From Boron! Lunatic Mode Avatars Run!

Terrador

Recruitment!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Of the units it's possible to miss, whom should I recruit?

• Feel free to not bother if even the seemingly easiest recruit is irritating you.
    • Only the maingame ones (Gaius, Libra, Tharja, etc.)
    • Everybody in the maingame, plus Donnel and Anna
    • EVERYONE, EVEN TIKI. Why would you ever ask me to do this?!

Chapter 7: Striking at Air

Even though we go to war, Ylisse still needs defenders. To this end, Frederick takes command of the Shepherds, leaving Chrom, me, and this hodgepodge of strange Outrealmers to join up with Regna Ferox. There are only eight of us... but I can tell that none of us will die easily. Our two newest recruits are among the strangest, though certainly no stranger than the circumstances that bring them here. At this point, Chrom simply takes it in stride--just another truth of the world today.

---

I open my eyes one morning to find the strangest sight in the world before me--a voluptuous, nude woman, with tattoos and silver hair! I scramble under my blankets for my sword, finding it and crying,

"Who are you?! What do you want?"

"You need only dismiss me if you don't desire my company."

I have no idea who this woman is, but I'll play her game for the moment.

"You're... dismissed?"

She winks out of existence as I stare, unbelieving, at the empty space where she once was--there's no indent in the ground from where she lay. An illusion...?

Labored, rapid footsteps compel me to exit my tent, wondering what other insanity there could be. Nelon seems to be sprinting circles around the camp, fleeing from a phantom enemy! Belinda exits her tent, stretching, and shakes her head.

"I built in a failsafe and he's still panicking? Great Dragon, he really can't talk to women, can't he?"

This is... definitely worth putting in the roster.

Shepherds' Roster

Nelon
This one claims to be a knight of a long-lost nation, told of only in legends. Regardless, he is steadfast to a fault.
Of all our companions, he is least afraid of the Risen... but he will never approach a woman.

Robin
Much like me, Robin cannot seem to remember his past; he knows his way around a battlefield, as well.
I can only wonder if he is me from another world... is such a thing even possible?
The most observant of us all.

---

Our trials of war begin even as we journey through our own borders; as we venture north, into one of the mountainous ranges, we find ourselves assailed by a troupe of Plegians! Barbarians, archers, thieves, all carried in by a squadron of wyvern knights... Gods, there are so many...!

But maybe, if we stick close to the mountains... we can win this day.

---

Robin opens by joining up with Nelon, who takes Ephraim's Lance to an Archer's face. Armin and Chrom join up (gotta get that A support) to take down a Barbarian while Rey (with Elly's help) gets ready to bait in a Wyvern from below. Belinda pairs onto Ruby for expedience.

A Barbarian attacks Rey, and gets Dual Struck to death; a Thief then takes a Silver to Nelon for ~two damage~ and gets dented in return. A Barbarian suicides on Nelon, then a wyvern tries to attack Chrom. Tries. That wyvern punches Rey, as predicted, and one more flies into range before phase end.

Rey claims the finish on that wyvern, then gets Mended to all but full. Robin Levin Swords a full-health Wyvern to death, in range to bait an Archer. Armin eats up the Thief for Ignis. Sure enough, that Archer suicides on the EP. The ground enemies nearby start to aggro as Cordelia spawns.

Ruby Heals Rey for that last hit point, reaching Level 10 at long last. Armin puts Chrom into wyvern-luring range, where he snags 21 EXP from a shiny tile. Nelon backs up to chug a Vulnerary, and that's phase.

The Thief who approached jumps Chrom for a 3HKO, and Chrom eats one of two 33% Wyverns, putting him seriously in the red. Come PP, Belinda takes Elly for a double on a Bandit, Armin blicks a Bandit with Thunder, Ruby Rescues Belinda out of death's way, and Cordelia takes Rey from Ruby.

On EP, Armin dodges a 47/4HKO, and 41/4HKO from an Archer and Wyvern Rider. Belinda gets attacked by the one wyvern, but swiftly Elwinds him to death. Armin blocks an axe with his face, then drops a 4% crit.

On PP, the last phase of the battle (no spawns! Huh~), Ruby Mends Belinda for EXP, Rey pokes the boss for WEXP, Armin chips the boss for Chrom to hit L15, and Robin finishes the job by critblasting Vasto into oblivion.

---

After the battle, I find a moment alone with Chrom--as has become the norm, we bunk together, so this was no difficult task. However, it seems like he has something to tell me, too.

"Armin..."

"Yes, Chrom?"

"Listen, about Marth, she's... from the future. She's seen this all happen before, but... it didn't end so well."

I close my jaw, stunned. She told him?! What sort of fool--!!

"Did she... tell you anything else?"

"I'm afraid not."

I cry out, enraged and confused. Gods, she's willing to tell him this, and no more? Marth, damn you!!

Chrom reaches out to touch my face, in an attempt to comfort me, but I bat his hand away.

"You just don't get it! Neither of you do! Gods, the halidom, maybe more, is at risk and neither of you will step back and think!"

"Armin, wha--"
"And I can't even tell you because it puts us all in further jeopardy! Gods, just... I'll pitch my own tent tonight."

---

Chrom x Armin A happened, finally! Going into Paralogue 3 next, and I'm gonna try to save all of the villagers. Other objectives: get Ruby to L11, and promote her; get Elly to 14 for Pegasus Knight; train Rey, Nelon, and Robin with the leftover EXP.

Name    Class       Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom   Lord        15.02  32  16  04  19  17  17  14  09  B      DS+, Charm
Armin   Grandmaster 05.97  40  18  21  18  21  12  17  12  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby    Troubador   10.69  32  13  11  10  15  17  07  09  D      Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl
Elly    Myrmidon    13.40  35  20  13  26  25  18  07  06  B      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg
Rey     Knight      05.60  35  16  15  13  12  09  17  07  E      Vet, Sdty, Def+2
Belinda Dark Mage   10.32  38  15  16  14  13  18  07  12  B      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthma
Nelon   Cavalier    05.15  32  14  06  13  13  11  19  04  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Disc
Robin   Mercenary   02.70  35  18  19  14  16  15  13  07  C      Vet, Sdty, AT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paralogue 3: Not Just Ylisse

Regna Ferox, too, appears to be infested with Risen, as evidenced by their presence at this farming hamlet. Is there even a method to their madness? Would true agency on their part make them less terrifying... or more so?

---

Belinda opens by bombing the Fighter in the northwest with a Ruin crit. Elly waits in a pegasus' range, while Armin carries Chrom down for another. Nelon Killers an Armor Knight with a Short Spear, leaving Ruby to just stay out of harm's way for now.

A Villager takes an acceptable dent from a thwomp, then Robin Dual Guards Nelon before the two kill a Fighter. The two kill a Mercenary, as well, before getting tapped by an Archer. Belinda dents a Mercenary and critblicks an Archer, taking both hits; she's in sore shape now. Elly takes down that pegasus, but eats a rough hit for it; Chrom takes down his prey after a timely Dual Guard.

Elly hops onto a Mountain to kill a Fighter; this gives her the durability to live an arrow. Nelon takes Robin to the bridge for an Armor Knight kill; one Villager is exposed to an arrow, but he'll easily survive it. Ruby offers herself as bait for that Archer on second thought to heal Elly to full; Chrom steps down to take on an Armor Knight and a Pegasus Knight, which he does on EP. That Villager takes a hit, and Robin dodges an axe to wreck a Fighter. Rey finishes that Mercenary, as predicted, and Ruby gets chipped for what could be a 2HKO.

Ruby Mends Chrom's wounds before I send him off to take down a Fighter in the forest. Elly takes down that Archer, and Nelon takes down another south of the bridge. He gets stabbed by an Armor Knight, then kills a Fighter. Rey gets poked by an Archer, and that's phase.

Chrom takes a shiny tile for nothing, and Ruby repositions to help Elly get the last kill she needs next phase. Robin takes an Iron Sword to the Armor Knight on the bridge for an easy kill. Rey takes the Crutch to an Archer, with Belinda Dual Striking for the kill. Both level, funny enough! A Mercenary suicides on Chrom before getting chopped in half by the Actually Having Supports Squad.

Elly charges in for the Fighter kill, officially putting the Villagers out of danger. Nelon grabs the shiny tile for some EXP, ReyLinda takes the Blessed Bow Village, and Armin takes the safe dent on the Risen Chief; he dodges both Dual Strikes from Crumb, so Robin stabs his neck until Elixirs come flowing out.

---

Not long after rescuing these villagers--and receiving a rare treasure for our efforts, a Seraph Robe--a messenger, Sumia, brings us very grim news.

Ylisstol... has fallen. Emmeryn is kidnapped. I manage to convince Chrom to wait until we arrive at Arena Ferox to formulate a strategy before marching off for Plegia, but... it was a close-run thing. Gangrel, you dastard... you've struck the very heart of our men.

---

Sorry about the lack of writing; this chapter is just about as filler as it gets! I snag an Elthunder and Steel Lance, but a Second Seal is walled off by ridonkulously overpowered Risen. Thankfully, most of my team will just Master Seal on their next class change, with Elly and Ice being the first to need Second Seals. Ruby promoted to Valkyrie at L11, and she needed it.

Name    Class       Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom   Lord        15.77  32  16  04  19  17  17  14  09  B      DS+, Charm
Armin   Grandmaster 06.10  41  19  22  18  22  13  17  12  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby    Valkyrie    01.00  36  14  14  12  19  18  10  12  C/D    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl
Elly    Myrmidon    14.06  36  21  14  27  26  18  07  06  A      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg
Rey     Knight      06.19  36  17  15  13  13  09  18  07  D      Vet, Sdty, Def+2
Belinda Dark Mage   11.03  39  15  16  14  14  19  07  12  B      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon   Cavalier    07.84  34  14  06  14  15  13  21  05  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Disc
Robin   Mercenary   04.62  37  20  20  14  17  16  13  08  C      Vet, Sdty, AT

Also, I checked a Risen skirmish just for fun. They're all at level 20 with Hit Rate+10. I think they might literally be maxed out at this point--maybe because I've been hiring Logbook units? At any rate, that mechanic kinda... broke.

Nope. That's completely normal for Lunatic.

Chapter 8: For Whom Will You Die?

It takes us another several days to arrive at Arena Ferox. Emmeryn, the Khans inform us, is to be executed within the moon. It's an obvious trap--as the West-Khan calls it, "a hot brand to the buttocks!". The issue is, we need to draw closer and evaluate the situation before we can even hope to plan a rescue mission. So, as our noble leader commands, we march for Plegia... an exposed, poorly-informed column. It may even be hopeless.

---

One of the Outrealmers seeks me out as we depart--it's Robin, the mercenary.

"Armin, listen--we're not in as bad a scrape as you might think."

"How? We're marching straight into enemy territory!"

"The enemy wants us to penetrate, which buys us time."

"And by the time we approach the bulk of their troops..."

"We're close enough to mask our approach with the desert and gather intel."

"...drop by Chrom's tent tonight, would you? We have much to discuss."

---

Though we expected resistance, none of us expected a lack of military presence this deep into the territory. Instead, a ragtag group of villains chasing a young girl and an old sellsword; it was swiftly agreed-upon that we would need to intervene, if only to prevent them from being conscripted and flanking us as we approach Gangrel's roost.

---

Nowi and Gregor pair up and move up while Rey pairs with Armin to start throwing Javelins at anything mobile. Ruby Rescues the Nowipair clear to the top of the map, keeping them out of harm's way. Robin takes Elly and charges into battle, Levin Swording a Myrmidon with great prejudice... and missing. Chrom and Nelon hang together for now.

On EP, an Arcfire!DM misses Rey and gets dented. Robin trades with a Mercenary and shreds a Nosferatu!DM before Rey trades with one of the same. Robin then eats a huge Silver hit, killing the Cavalier who brought it.

Next phase, Rey finishes that mage without a problem, then gets Rescued out to patch up a misplay. Robin backs up, too, as Chrom finishes that Myrmidon. Ruby gets attacked, then drops an Elthunder bomb on the Fighter that tried said chicanery.

Rey finishes another DM, and Ruby Mends Robin's wounds. Nelon hangs out with a Javelin, ready to fight two mages--and fight he does. Pity I failed to equip a Javelin, instead equipping a Steel Lance; thankfully, Nelon was only hit once.

Belinda is quick to Fluxbomb a Nosferatu mage with Ruby's assist. Robin Levin Shreds a Myrmidon, leaving Chrom to drop a Cavalier with the Killer. A Myrmidon suicides into Chrom, and a Fighter and an Arcthunder DM do the same to Robin. Two more Cavaliers become Chrom food before the turn ends.

The following turns are slow ones; Ruby patching people up, essentially. Chrom is trying to hit his next level before he uses a Master Seal, and do that this map. unarmed!Armin winds up being our bait, tanking everything with Rey by his side. Chrom charges in and wrecks a DM, with Belinda behind him.

With Chrom around, the enemies don't seem interested in Armin anymore; problem is that Chrom is hitting like a freight train with all the supports, Solidarities, and Killer. Belinda finishes the Myrmidon, and Rey takes down the DM.

Elly Seals to Pegasus Knight at L14. Belinda takes down two foes effortlessly, leaving nothing but the boss. Chrom Master Seals to Great Lord at L17. I leave Belinda in Charlard's range for the Thunder chip, but she critblicks him instead. Ah, such is life.

---

"Master Grima... my life force... is yours..."

I turn to eye Belinda, who just delivered the finishing blow.

"Grima? I swear I remember the name..."

Rey is the one to offer an explanation for Belinda, who is struck silent for the first time in memory.

"Grima is... god to Plegians. He promises total annihilation of all... some follow out of fear in the hopes that he'll save them for last. Others believe that Grima's apocalypse will bring about the afterlife for all, a world far better than this. They say these cliffs, along the battlefield, are his tail... and that the architecture of the capitol is his head."

"But... if he's dead, why would they...?"

I can't get any more out of him after that. I can only conclude that these, loyal to Grima, hope for the dragon's resurrection... were this any other world, I could dismiss that as superstition. In any other world...

---

The Energy Drop goes to Nelon, for ease of KO power without burning through my Good Stuff.. I'm also investing in some Speed Tonics to have around, just in case I've need of them. I'm good on money, though, after the sale of the Dragonstone. I'm also giving Nelon the Robe, seeing as he has trouble with magic--big trouble.

Name     Class          Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom    Great Lord     01.00  39  21  04  22  20  17  19  13  B/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Grandmaster    06.20  41  19  22  18  22  13  17  12  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby     Valkyrie       03.73  37  15  16  14  19  20  10  14  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl
Elly     Pegasus Knight 01.24  36  21  15  25  24  18  07  11  E      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      Knight         07.55  37  18  15  14  14  10  19  07  D      Vet, Sdty, Def+2
Belinda  Dark Mage      12.69  40  15  17  14  14  20  07  13  B      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Cavalier       08.04  39  17  06  14  15  14  22  05  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Disc
Robin    Mercenary      06.05  39  22  21  15  19  17  14  08  C      Vet, Sdty, AT

Chapter 9: Come to a Head

Now that we're in reach of the capitol, we have enough information to formulate a rough plan. Basilio will lead a small team to free Emmeryn's honor guard while Flavia slips in to free Emmeryn. In the mean, Chrom's team will effectively rampage through the main column, spreading as much chaos as we can before decapitating their leadership. Gangrel will be out of reach, but his top lieutenant will be here; given the Mad King's apparent lack of skill at commanding troops personally, we should be able to make our escape from there.

Unfortunately, one of the more reticent members of our team seems to be a tad... reluctant to go along with a certain aspect of the plan.

"No. Gods no. I am not riding with that--blood knight!"

"C'mon, Rey! I don't bite... you!"

"Elly get away you madwoma--!!"

He doesn't have much choice in the matter, apparently; Elly snags him and plops him on the back of her newly-bonded pegasus, who responds with an annoyed whinny to the added weight.

"Oh, quit your whining--it's just for an hour or two, you big baby!"

For the life of me, I can't tell if she's talking to Rey or her mount...

---

Emmeryn stands atop the highest spire for miles around, accompanied by an executioner. The Mad King contrasts her grace by calling for bloodshed--which Flavia gladly and swiftly provides. Now, it is time for the rest of us to follow suit!

---

My opening pairs are Rey!Elly, Chrom!Belinda, Ruby!Armin, and Nelon!Robin. Sadly, I only have three couriers this map, but that should still keep my force rather mobile. Armin opens up by Winding a Wyvern on the right, while Nelon Javelins a Soldier for the chip and the weapon rank. Rey takes on a Short Spear!Soldier, but doesn't get a Dual Strike from Elly to finish him. Finally, Belinda scoots forward; she can't go into the fray without getting more or less instakilled.

A Silver!Soldier pegs Rey hard without dying, then a dented one misses and gets finished off (STR MAG SPE LCK RES). A Silver!Soldier tries attacking Armin, but that doesn't work so well with a 50% hitrate. Nelon takes a downright brutal Arcfire, but gets his just desserts; Armin dodgetanks another Archer to death before Libra takes a couple of potshots and Rey tanks a wyvern and that dented Soldier with his face.

Ruby Rescues Libra (HP SKL SPE LCK DEF) out of the crapstorm he was hurled into, leaving him in range of just two mages. Belinda Fluxes the wounded Wyvern Knight, then Elly stabs the Silver!Soldier to death. Come EP, Libra gets poked once, then brutally one-rounds the Nosferatu mage that tried messing with him.

Chrom hands Ruby the Rescue and Physic she requires (yay, negligence!) before recruiting Libra. Nelon runs through the Plains on the right, letting Ruby Mend his wounds; Elly takes down the Archer on the right (STR SKL SPE LCK), leaving the Soldier to suicide on her come Enemy Phase. Libra hands Ruby the Ward, and tops her off for good measure.

As expected, the Steel!Soldier suicides on Elly, dealing a surprisingly small 13. Nelon dodges a coinflip Arcfire before getting an overkill Javelin crit, then tanking a soldier with a Dual Strike (HP STR SPE LCK).

Ruby Mends Nelon; he charges onto the fort to attack a Wyvern. Thanks to his enormous 22+2+2 DEF, he can tank everything, including Tharja, with minimal stress. He also has great Avoid against the one non-magic enemy type that COULD hurt him, so there's that! He fails to finish off the Wyvern, though, so Belinda does the job for him (HP STR MAG SKL SPE). Libra and Elly just stay out of the way.

Ruby dodges the first arrow headed her way, ORKOing with Elthunder and snagging the bow to boot. She gets Dual Guarded on the next arrow (69% hit, two dodges? Lucky me!). Nelon eats a 31% Elthunder from Tharja before dodging a wyvern's axe for the Dual Strike and kill (MAG SKL DEF). Ruby takes a coinflip axe to the face, but takes down the offending wyvern all the same.

Belinda runs Chrom up to recruit Tharja, then build a bit of Lance rank on a Soldier, whom Belinda finishes with a Dual Strike. Elly hands Rey over to Nelon in preparation for tanking all of those Wyverns, proccing a WEXP shiny tile on the way. Ruby patches her up, Libra runs to safety, Tharja pairs onto him for additional MAG, and Nelon charges south in time for the spawns.

A surprise Soldier sstabs Libra, but he lives and retaliates for some damage. Wyverns fly in, a surprise Mage runs in, and that's phase. Nelon hucks a Javelin at a Silver!Wyvern, Elly strikes down the wounded Soldier (HP MAG SKL LCK), Elly heals Chrom (HP SPE LCK DEF RES), Libra patches up Ruby, and Chrom stabs that Arcwind mage in the face with a smidgen of Belinda help.

Enemy Phase is pretty much the Nelon Is Invincible Show; he only kills one wyvern, but he gets an HP STR SPE LCK RES level.

Rey is already injured, but by Javelining a Silver Axe!Wyvern (HP SKL SPE LCK), he ensures his survival to the next phase. Rey lives, but in dire condition, snagging an HP STR MAG SPE LCK level for his efforts.

Ruby does a bit of masturbatory healing, then Armin charges up to Campari with Belinda. One Ignis proc and Flux crit later, he's dead before he gets a counterattack off. Armin levels for the first time in... two? Three maps? Getting HP, STR, MAG, LCK, and RES and a Dracoshield.

Also, and I shit you not, the heroes this map were LIBRA and THARJA. HOW?! Does the Hero thing not count Logbook or SpotPass units...? I would think Rey or Nelon would take it for shrecking their way through the wyverns, but... eh.

---

With the skies clear of Plegia's wyverns, Chrom gives the order: as expected, Phila's knights charge onto the battlefield, rushing to Emmeryn in the hopes of saving her. However, I could never have expected what surfaced before us: seven Risen archers, called by a woman standing near Gangrel! Silver hair, tattooed skin, well-endowed... gods, is this the same woman I saw in that illusion?

That doesn't matter, though--what matters is that they swiftly executed Phila and her pegasus knights, before we even had a chance to close. With this army of archers threatening Emmeryn, the Mad King has an ultimatum for us: surrender the Fire Emblem, Ylisse's greatest treasure, or watch a hail of arrows punch through Emmeryn like so much sandpaper.

"We can't just do nothing!"

"Chrom...", I reply, trying to be as gentle as I can. "He'll kill her anyway. There's no point, you can't--"

"No! I'm not--we might need the Emblem someday, but we all need Emm today!"

There truly is no convincing him... I look to our doomed exalt, and I can immediately see that she understands our conundrum all too well... and knows what must be done.

"Chrom... I love you. Remember... there is always hope for peace."

"Give Lissa my love."

The subtlest lean backwards was all it took.

---

Ice joins us with a Micaiah's Pyre. The Dracoshield--I plan on saving that for Boleslaw, to kick-start his Defense back into tolerable levels.

Name     Class          Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom    Great Lord     01.28  39  21  04  22  20  17  19  13  B/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Grandmaster    07.36  42  20  23  18  22  14  17  13  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby     Valkyrie       05.67  39  15  16  15  21  22  12  15  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res
Elly     Pegasus Knight 03.25  37  22  16  27  25  20  07  11  E      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      Knight         10.42  39  20  17  15  17  13  19  08  C      Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr
Belinda  Dark Mage      13.57  41  16  18  15  15  20  07  13  B      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Cavalier       11.54  41  19  07  15  17  16  23  06  C/B    Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr
Robin    Mercenary      06.23  39  22  21  15  19  17  14  08  C      Vet, Sdty, AT
Ice      Dark Mage      05.00  39  14  17  11  18  12  14  12  A      Vet, Sdty, Hex

---

I also got my first Second Seal!Anna shop today~! This means I can punt Ice into Thief quickly for the utilitybotting; I'll probably put him into Trickster after for a second staffbot, then into Sage? Something like that. Poor Ice. You have dibs on all my Levin Swords from here on in; Robin won't need his by the time you show, nor will he require Gangrel's.

Edited by Terrador

Paralogue 4: In Her Footsteps

At Basilio's urging, we flee the scene--reinforcements are doubtless nearby, and that strange woman may full well have been capable of summoning more Risen. We had to all but carry Chrom away--stooping so low as to remind him that Emmeryn would be heartbroken to see him die today.

We fled west, away from the bulk of the Plegian army. We appear to leap from the frying pan into the fire, though; apparently Ylisse and Regna Ferox aren't the only countries with a bandit problem! By all rights, we could just circle around their fortification, and ignore the mage and merchant our scouts say are under attack... but at least one of us thinks otherwise.

"Sir Chrom, if I may."
"Nelon." His response is terse--if ever he would wield his clout as a royal to silence someone, that would be today.

"We are still the Shepherds, are we not? Maybe we are not, but you, Armin, and the men you left back home... that's still who you are, isn't it?"

"Our duty is to Ylisse, not these dastards."

"To innocents. Of Ylisse, as a matter of circumstance. You know this."

"...Armin. Take point."

---

The idea here is for Ice to hit L10 for a class change, and raise Belinda besides. Naturally, Anna needs to survive, and pop chests while she's at it. Ruby rescues Anna in for an opener, letting Chrom recruit her and pair himself on. Ice heads left with Rey, using Micaiah's Pyre to ensure his survivability. Chrom pokes a Myrmidon in the bum, then Belinda Ruins a Myrm for no kill. That's okay, as Nelon gets the murder.

Sure enough, Ice eats a 47 from a Bandit--that's a 3HKO if he isn't careful. A Mage follows, hitting Belinda for 13/41 before getting killed by her and Armin's combined efforts. The next Bandit hits Ice, too, much to my annoyance. Thankfully, Rey pulls off a Dual Guard for the protect from the Myrm (HP SKL SPE), then the Archer suicides. An Arcfire mage suicides into Nelon, who gets HP STR SKL LCK. Finally, Belinda gets axed down to one (!!) HP before shrecking the offending Barbarian for HP, STR, SKL, SPE, and RES.

Ruby opens this phase by Mending Ice, who'll be charging in to intercept the Thief. She gets STR only... somehow. Armin's choking a point for the VERY injured Belinda with Wind; he does need the EXP too, for Rally Spectrum. Robin chokes the two right enemies with Nelon.

A Barb suicides into Armin, followed by a Myrmidon (who survives by virtue of RUTOGASPEED). Ice blows up an Archer, then Armin chomps on a pair of Mages (HP MAG SPE DEF RES). Robin dents the Myrmidon and kills the Barbarian over yonder. A Mage decides to become Ice's lunch (HP STR SPE DEF), and that's phase.

Ruby follows Ice, Mending him. He charges in, cool as a cucumber; Robin finishes that Myrmidon, and Armin hands Belinda a Myrm kill. Anna, of all people, is on healing duty; nobody else is about.

Next phase, Ice charges up still further, eating a Barbarian. Everyone rushes up into empty space, with Belinda now at full. Ruby Rallies Ice's RES to become a target for the two Arcfire mages nearby. She also chews on an Archer, but only winds up aggroing one of those mages; the other fruitlessly attacks Ice.

Ice hides up in the corner, the better to remove the Mages nearby safely (along with a Barbarian). Anna opens a door for Belinda, and my units charge.

That Thief takes the Scroll, as is to be expected, then a Barbarian hits Belinda on a 37, but gets Fluxbombed. Ice, for his part, dodges an Arcfire (HP MAG SKL LCK RES), then tanks Vincent with his face.

The Thief has the Arms Scroll, so Armin has to gank the Myrmidon in Ruby's way supahquick. Ruby Rescues Ice in, then Rey one-shots with the Killer's unnecessary crit (HP STR MAG SKL LCK DEF). Chrom charges up to gank an Arcthunder mage, leaving Nelon free to plug the gap with Robin, who levels on the Dual Strike (HP STR MAG SKL LCK DEF).

Vincent misses (to be precise, hits a Dual Guard) on the injured Armin, who promptly finishes him. Nelon dodges a bow, then Ruby eats 23 from a 41% axe (HP SKL SPE LCK). She dodges a 67% Myrm, though, getting the kill on him. Nelon tanks an Arcwind for the end of the phase.

Ice pegs the Arcwind fellow, then we box in the last remaining enemy. Ruby patches everyone up for EXP as Anna opens chests. Ruby levels that way (HP SPE RES). Armin goes in for the chip on that Archer to top off his level, but kills him with a brace of Ignis procs instead. 3STRONK5US, with that HP/SKL/LCK/DEF level.

---

This detour earned us a safe place to sleep and two more recruits--a traveling merchant named Anna (seems rather familiar...) and a dark mage going only by Ice. Yet another otherworldly vagrant, it seems. Who knows if this was the right call--perhaps what we have in common draws us together? Or maybe it's just common decency, prudence be damned. Still, we have a place to sleep tonight, and pursuit is strangely far behind... I can't help but doubt the scouts' reports that Plegian morale is plummeting. Their war is all but won!

---

Nelon eats the Talisman, and the Arms Scroll will be saved to kick-start someone into a new weapon; in all likelihood, that will be Ice.

I also got an Anna shop with a Master Seal! Belinda has the dibs on this, by virtue of her high level and desire for promotion gains and a pony. Forging an Iron Sword for Ice, to help him get into LEVIN SWORD territory.

Name     Class           Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom    Great Lord      01.56  39  21  04  22  20  17  19  13  B/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Grandmaster     09.10  44  20  24  19  23  15  19  14  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby     Valkyrie        08.64  40  17  16  16  23  23  12  16  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res
Elly     Pegasus Knight  03.40  37  22  16  27  25  20  07  11  E      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      Knight          11.04  40  21  18  16  17  14  20  08  C      Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr
Belinda  Dark Mage       14.65  42  17  18  16  16  20  07  14  B      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Cavalier        12.48  42  20  07  16  17  17  23  08  C/B    Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr
Robin    Mercenary       07.05  40  23  22  16  19  18  15  08  C      Vet, Sdty, AT
Ice      Dark Mage       08.45  42  15  18  13  20  13  15  13  A      Vet, Sdty, Hex
Edited by Terrador

Chapter 10: Justice

We travel west, led by Basilio and a... companion of his named Olivia. A dancer, she claims to know where we can regroup to attack Gangrel once more. More and more word flows in that the Mad King's troops begin to desert and mutiny, leaving our enemies less and less numerous. As for our allies...

Shpeherds' Roster

Ice
This Outrealmer lost his family before stumbling into this world, and has wandered Regna Ferox and Plegia for years. The new direction afforded by his affiliation with the Shepherds has done him wonders, showcasing a nature that is self-sacrificing to the point of idiocy. Spends more time than anyone in training.

However, one cannot underestimate the size of Plegia's armies. We are ambushed in the mountains by a berserker of Gangrel's--our scouts name him as Mustafa, and his offers for surrender imply he's a rare exception to the monsters that populate Plegian command. Still, despite all his apparent decency, some reason impels him to bar our path...

---

Ruby and Ice take Armin and Belinda right, to start blicking Thieves. Armin takes down one Thief, Elly takes Nelon in to start hacking up the right front, denting a Soldier. Chrom runs right alone, and Robin takes Rey.

EP is a good phase for Nelon. Very good. First a Bandit, then a Soldier (HP SKL LCK, CURSE YOU SHIN), then another Bandit. Chrom eats a Barbarian, then Robin takes 10 to rip a Soldier to pieces. He then dodges a Barbarian for the murder. Armin eats a Soldier, a Barbarian, then another Barbarian, all without getting hit. Nelon fights a Wyvern, not getting hurt but not getting the kill without a Dual Strike. Another Wyvern goes after Armin, but gets critblicked. Nelon dodges a TWO DAMAGE (!!!) Short Axe, then that's phase.

Belinda OHKOs a Seraph Robe!Thief with Nosferatu. Ruby Mends Robin (HP STR SKL SPE LCK DEF). Robin chomps on a wyvern (HP STR SKL LCK DEF). Nelon finishes that Wyvern he dented for everything but Magic, then Chrom will CHOKE THIS FORT.

A Soldier opens the phase by suiciding into Nosferatu; his enormous hit gets sucked up, and Belinda takes HP STR MAG SKL LCK for it. A Wyvern adjacent to Nelon gets ker-slashed to bits, and that's pretty much phase.

Ice opens the next phase by Elthunder-bombing a Thief for Bullion-M, then I misclick for Ruby to Rally Ice's Res. Belinda moves into a wyvern's range, and Nelon backs up and equips the JAVELINS. Chrom continues choking his fort.

Come EP, Ice kills a Barb, then a Barb misses Ruby and eats his own thunderbolt. Ruby takes a Short Spear!Soldier the same way, except getting a small hit. Ice takes nine from a Silver!Soldier, who promptly is wrecked; HP MAG SPE DEF. That Wyvern goes after Nelon, pegging him for four, but getting nearly murdered by a brace of Dual Strikes. Ruby dodges a 3:1 Short Axe and kills a wyvern. Belinda, in turn, gets hit by a wyvern, then Nosferatu crits him into a bazillion pieces for WRANK A.

The only Thief left has a Wyrmslayer, which I distinctly do not care about. Ice takes a fort, and boom. On EP, Nelon finally finishes that Wyvern after taking a fort. Next turn, Ruby runs Robin in for a Barbarian kill, then Belinda charges in with Nosferatu to tank anything that comes her way. Ice hops off his fort, then EP. A Silver misses Belinda; she retaliates with Nosferatu for the kill on the Wyvern spawn. She eats a Short Axe, then kills another, with both her and Armin leveling; HP STR MAG LCK RES and HP MAG SPE LCK DEF RES, respectively. Strangely, that's it for that phase.

Armin rushes in with Bronze as a decoy, but he gets the gib. Ice drops some more Miccy's Pyre on a Soldier; he has just three charges left. Robin supports, and Elly moves up to block a more-clutch Fort.

That EP, a Soldier goes after Armin, but gets murdered by a Dual Strike. A Barb tries taking down Ice Sage, which goes... "well". Two wyverns have spawned near Elly, but thankfully she dodges a 51% axe, so she lives through the assault.

In our next turn, she eats that Wyvern she dented for a level with DEFENSE. Sure, she got HP, STR, MAG, SKL, and SPE, too, but THE THWOMP IS WHAT MATTERS. Ice attacks Mustafa with the last Micaiah's Pyre charge, critting him for the overkill. He's now in shape to promote!! Er, class change. 10.71 with HP MAG SKL--I would delay the promotion, but dammit it's just TOO necessary for him to be Thieving efficiently in Chapter 11.

---

"Mustafa."

"Who--who are you...?"
"...just call me Ice."

He stretches out a hand to his fallen foe.

"You don't deserve to die here like this."

"More to the point, we need every hand we can get."

The two turn to Ylisse's prince, striding across the battlefield with bitter purpose.

"Someone like you... wouldn't fight without a reason."

"If you were to take your surviving men, go home, and free your village from Gangrel..."

The berserker bows his head, weeping and overcome. Ice and Chrom's offer is clearly more quarter than he could have ever expected. Chrom, though, has no patience for it.

"I had no time to weep! Your loved ones aren't even dead yet!! Go!... and good luck."

---

Ice reclasses to Thief and eats the Arms Scroll at L10; at L16, Belinda goes into DARK KNIGHT for MUSCLES AND A HORSE AND GALEFORK SYNERGY.

Also, I failed to mention this earlier: stats listed do NOT count equipped skills.

Chrom    Great Lord      01.70  39  21  04  22  20  17  19  13  B/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Grandmaster     10.36  45  20  25  19  24  16  20  15  D/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby     Valkyrie        09.67  41  18  16  17  24  24  13  16  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res
Elly     Pegasus Knight  04.20  38  23  17  28  26  20  08  11  E      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      Knight          11.13  40  21  18  16  17  14  20  08  C      Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr
Belinda  Dark Knight     01.00  51  22  22  21  18  22  12  16  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Cavalier        14.78  44  21  07  18  18  19  24  09  B/B    Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr
Robin    Mercenary       08.58  41  24  22  17  19  19  16  08  B      Vet, Sdty, AT
Ice      Thief           01.00  42  17  17  18  26  13  14  09  D      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, Lcktc
Edited by Terrador

Nosferatu isn't accessible by anyone in the party anymore! Cue sad trombone.

...except Belinda has something resembling a Defense stat now.

E: This morning, I got an Anna shop with a Second Seal in it! I have no immediate plans to use it, but Armin and/or Ruby are getting fairly close to class change.

Edited by Terrador

Chapter 11: Execution

The reports continue flooding in. Plegian soldiers are deserting en masse, impelled by a desire for peace they weren't certain they had. If ever there was a time to strike against the Mad King and end this war, it would be now.

We've received word that Gangrel, personally, has moved west with his most loyal to a well-defended site. The bulk of the Feroxi army would barely be able to reach the location, and even if they got there, Plegia's elites would cut them down like a scythe would a sea of wheat. It's been decided that Flavia's troops will impose law and order on the ravaged Plegian countryside, with a contingent marching east to assist the Shepherds in Ylisse. To Chrom and I it is left to finish the Mad King... more literally than one might suspect.

---

"Chrom... I know this week has been hard on you, but we need to talk."

"Armin, I need to sleep. Can this wait?"

"...no. You and I... have the hardest job tomorrow."

His eyes light up for the first time since we left the Plegian capitol.

"You don't mean..."

"We're the best ones for the job."

"...it's time to break a Killer out of storage!"

Perhaps telling him the night before wasn't such a good idea. My prince burned too much moonlight practicing the stroke to slay his sister's killer; were it not for his frantic energy, I would have to use our second-string plan to bring him down.

---

Armin chomps a Speed Tonic before the map begins so he can double Gangrel with Chrom's assist. Rey joins Nelon, Robin joins Elly, Chrom joins Armin, and Ice joins Belinda; Ruby and Olivia will remain unpaired. Ruby Rallies Belinda's RES, and Olivia dances her up to take on the wall of mages.

On EP, what happens is basically "Belinda wrecks a bunch of mages". She doesn't kill the Sage, but he's sure in bad shape after she's done! Wyverns charge; phase.

Ruby Physics Belinda, then gets danced to Rescue Armin forward (HP STR SPE); he can stand on a fort to take down Gangrel in the following phase to plug the tide of reinforcements. Nelon charges into the wall of Fighters and the like, denting a Merc and snagging Finn's Lance from a shiny tile. Ice finishes the Sage, and Robin is on lure duty. End phase, with Katarina's Bolt being the weapon of choice.

That dented Mercenary suicides into Robin, followed by a Fighter. This leaves Robin all but dead, but away from further enemy exposure and up HP SKL SPE DEF RES. A Fighter tries assaulting our star duo, and that... doesn't work so good. A Mage gets blicked the same way, then another.

---

His minions can't take us down--not fortified, not together. They've yet to even scratch me. This leaves the Mad King himself to strike at us. As expected, he charges from the safety of his fort to strike us down. He mocks us, barking:

"Clinging to each other won't save you maggots when the boot falls!"

Chrom squares himself, ready for Gangrel to close. The moment he draws close enough to cast his lightning... we'll have some real thunder for him.

I duck behind a parapet, dodging his magic, retaliating with a bolt of my own. Chrom, on the other hand, leaps from the fort, end over end over end, and I can make out his hoarse battle cry:

"Enough, worm!!"

The Mad King folds like a child's card tower, cleaved in half from shoulder to hip. Before returning to position, Chrom crushes his fallen foe's head under his heel--I can see the still-conscious bastard attempt to choke out an impotent scream before his skull warps under the avatar of Ylisse's rage. But the battle is not yet won.

---

Ironically, after such a thematically perfect kill, Armin levels and Chrom just barely doesn't--MAG, SKL, SPE, DEF, RES. He swaps to a Bronze Sword for conservation, getting dented at a bad hitrate by that Hero before both of them level: HP STR SKL LCK and HP SKL DEF, respectively. Armin dodges a hopeless Short Axe, but Ice takes nine; then, he dodges a Silver, then kills with a crit on the double for HP MAG SKL SPE. Everything and its mother aggroes--then, phase.

Ruby Mends Robin to something acceptable; Belinda Elthunders a Wyvern into implosion (HP STR SKL LCK RES), then gets danced to sit on a fort. Chrom chops up a wyvern with Falchion (including an embarrassing 24% hit from the Short Axe), then Nelon shreds a Wyvern too (HP STR SKL LCK). Elly baits a lone Merc, and the bulky folks take the rest of the exposure.

Sure enough, Elly fights that Plegian, killing him with DA CRUTCH and hitting WRank D. Chrom gets sworded twice, putting him at risk... thankfully, those Fighters have 25% Hit, so they're a non-issue. He kills both, leaving just the Thief on the map.

Ruby does some Mending, Ice pops a chest, and Elly takes down that Thief for the Large Bullion. A clean clear, thanks to Armin eating... perhaps a tad more experience than he was strictly entitled to~. HP MAG SPE LCK was the final level of the map, on Elly.

---

A glorious homecoming it was--conquering hero Chrom, coming home to his people, and soon enough, a bride. But not us. I can't help but suspect the truth is here, in Plegia. The weeks bleed into months as the eight of us search... word arrives soon enough that Prince Chrom, forgoing the name Exalted, has wedded, and expects an heir.

For one horrid night, I damned that leap from the tower, the strike to end our war. But day cleared my mind, and I remembered--this is only temporary. I am a Shepherd--my homecoming, too, waits for me someday.

---

The Spirit Dust goes to Ruby, who sorely needs it, and the Robe and Icon get tucked away for now. I have two Master Seals; they go to Rey (L11 Knight => General) and Nelon (L15 Cavalier => Great Knight). I'm gonna try to stuff Armin enough that he can ~class change~ next map, and I'm debating between Dark Knight and Sage, both for aesthetic and practical reasons. I know I want him to end as Sage, and I know he'll be Rallying and supportbotting for ages after he class changes, so he'll have a slow progression... unless I get a strong response otherwise, Sage it shall be! Ruby is creeping up to promotion, too, and she'll be Second Sealing over to Falcoknight for mobility and Rally Speed. Sure, she'll need to build lance rank, but hey, I have a CRUTCH lying around!

Chrom    Great Lord      02.82  40  21  04  23  20  17  20  13  A/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Grandmaster     12.12  46  21  26  21  25  17  21  16  C/A    Vet, Sdty, Ignis
Ruby     Valkyrie        10.65  42  19  18  17  25  24  13  16  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res
Elly     Pegasus Knight  05.19  39  23  18  28  27* 21  08  11  D      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      General         01.00  50  25  18  19  19  14  24  11  C/E    Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr
Belinda  Dark Knight     02.10  52  23  22  22  18  23  12  17  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Great Knight    01.00  53  27  07  20  17  20  31  10  B/B/E  Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr
Robin    Mercenary       09.38  42  24  22  18  20  19  17  09  B      Vet, Sdty, AT
Ice      Thief           02.40  43  17  18  19  27  13  14  09  D      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, LckTc

Chapter 12: Outsiders

It's been just more than two years since the war ended. We've scoured Plegia up and down... and yet, no sign of other Outrealmers, or any explanation as to why we're here. Rey and Belinda have attempted to infiltrate the enigmatic and growing ranks of the Grimleal, but they lack the depravity to penetrate beyond the entry ranks. Robin and I have led an investigation team to lands west of this continent, but without Chrom's treasury and with the turmoil there, we have yet to gain passage.

Still, though, passage may not be necessary. For all our efforts, we did manage to catch wind of an impending invasion--the continent's troops, spearheaded by a warrior-emperor known as Walhart, are readying for an invasion. Word from the Shepherds arrives--they require our assistance to fend off the incoming cavalry. Just one warship arrives today, but more are sure to follow...

---

Gotta do a bit of re-equipping before this'un. Grabbed a couple of Bronze Axes and a Javelin for the promotes and Elly, respecitvely. Incidentally: the Villager Dalton murders as the map opens? 16 DEF, 18 HP. Funky.

Anyway, this map I'll be feeding Armin as many promoted kills as possible. This may sound counterintuitive, but Rally Spectrum is like everyone on the team promoting while it's under effect, so... that'll be handy! Very, very handy! Rey takes Nelon off to murder the Beast Killer!Knight, getting Rescued away after. Elly waits in range of a Short Spear!Thwomp with Hammer!Cherche. Robin and Ice pair, as do Belinda and Ruby.

Come EP, Cherche gets a clutch DUAL STRIKE to help Elly kill; Armin gets Dual Guarded, then breaks the Paladin down in one round with some ~proc magic~. There's just one problem: by the end of Enemy Phase, there is a TON OF SHIT in range.

Next phase, Armin walks into the middle of everything, dropping in a Thunder and snagging two Rapier!Dual Strikes from Chrom for the kill. Elly runs left, Javelining a Thwomp; no kill due to no Dual Strike. Robin and Ice flee, leaving Rey to smack a Thwomp to death with Steel and Ruby to misclick Rally when it should've been switching to Belinda to eat a thwomp.

THANKFULLY, the thwomp misses Ruby, giving her HP SPE LCK. Armin bombs a thwomp, Robin kills a lancecav at sizable HP loss, and Ruby eats another Lancecav after dodging a coinflip. Armin then winds up taking all seven cavs to the left and above, giving Chrom HP SKL LCK and Armin HP SPE DEF. Ah, well, Elly can get other kills!

Armin backs up for the HEALS to full, then Elly snags the Beast Killer drop I obtained earlier. She's in range to eat one of the four thwomps somewhat nearby; the cavs with a Bow Knight to the top right start to aggro now. She does dodge that armor, for HP SKL LCK.

Sadly, the bows make training Elly here very difficult, so Nelon just charges in to dent all the things! Elly patches Rey for EXP, then Armin and Chrom back up a tad. Armin is in position to eat a Bow Knight.

Rey doesn't have the STR to ORKO an Armor with Steel without Nelon, but a crit nullifies the need; another suicides on Ruby instead of on Elly, as I had hoped. Cavalry starts suiciding into Nelon; instead of DENTING them, he's KILLING them, unfortunately. A Beast Killer scares him, but hey, Robin's there to Dual Guard! A bunch of Cavs later, Nelon takes HP STR SKL SPE DEF. A second Beast Killer gets dodged--lucky me!--and Armin successfully eats that Bow Knight (HP MAG LCK DEF). Nelon puts some PAIN on the Bow Knight, and some thwomps walk up for phase.

Now for Positioning Fun! Rey walks up to a thwomp to dent him with Bronze, but Ice crits for the kill. Chrom passes Armin off for the killblow on that Bow Knight--the better to hit L15! Elly moves in to try to bait the AK, but he attacks the defenseless Chrom instead.

Robin hands Rey over for Elly's survival; the gal then Javelins a Thwomp, leaving two more in her range. Elly drops him unharmed, leaving her safe for the phase. Ruby heals Chrom, actually snagging WEXP!, then EP. Elly dodges and gets a Dual Strike on the first armor (HP MAG), then dodges and snags the Dual Strike on the other.

Elly heads off to where just the one Cavalier can Short Spear her, and the rest begin OPERATION: KITE THEM. Robin gets healed (HP SKL SPE LCK), because he's facing exposure. Chrom/Nelon and Armin/Ice hang out for some exposure, too. Sure enough, a swordcav charges Chrom, but gets staybed to death, and another pair try to plink him for one each. Robin gives dents to a Cavalier (HP MAG SKL) and a Paladin, with no kills. Elly dents her quarry, then gets attacked by a Silver!Paladin (OW), rather obviously failing to kill (even with two Dual Strikes!). Chrom gets molested by a Paladin, but gets Dual Guarded and stomps him.

Ruby has to Physic Elly this phase to stop her from dying--I have nine enemies floating around, and it's time for some cleanup. Robin finishes a Cav, staying in range of one more. Chrom stabs a Cavalier to death (HP STR SKL DEF), then Armin bombs Dalton with Katarina's Bolt... and FAILS TO GET A CRIT. Rey chokes a point so maybe we can avoid death. And by "chokes" I mean "obstructs somewhat".

One Cav goes for Ruby, then another suicides into Armin. Another goes for Chrom's Rapier (???), and still another slashes Rey, dying to a Dual Strike. Both level; HP STR MAG LCK for Rey and HP for Elly. Robin dodges a Short Spear for 6, a Paladin suicides into Armin (for no damage, thank you Dual Guard!), and Dalton dies to Ruby.

Then it's Game of Kites to get Armin the EXP he needs. He dents the last Cavalier, the one that attacked Robin, bringing him to 14.89. Then Ice pairs onto him for the Veteran kill, and Ruby does some healing on the legit units (SPE RES) before Armin hits 15.05 on that Cavalier (HP MAG SKL LCK)!! RALLY SPECTRUM: OBTAINED. Map clear.

---

Our team is capable of handling the troops they're engaged with, but there are nowhere near enough of us to repel an en masse land invasion. If that's not an option, then our only recourse... is to strike first, neutering their ability to stampede over us.

Unfortunately, but one nation has the ships required for such a daring endeavor...

---

Armin Seals over to Sage at map's end, making him a tad frailer, but giving him access to staves. Robin, at level 10, promotes to Hero; he's slightly too slow and weak at the moment, and needs to develop 1-2 range as soon as humanly possible. I also got a Silver Sword on sale from an Anna shop! Here's the stats.

Chrom    Great Lord      04.17  42  22  04  25  20  18  21  13  A/E    DS+, Charm
Armin    Sage            01.00  49  15  29  20  26  19  20  16  A/E    Vet, Sdty, Ignis, R-Spc
Ruby     Valkyrie        13.09  44  19  18  18  28  26  13  17  C/C    Vet, Sdty, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res
Elly     Pegasus Knight  08.00  42  23  19  29  27* 22  08  11  D      Vet, Sdty, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2
Rey      General         02.11  51  26  19  19  19  15  24  11  C/E    Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr
Belinda  Dark Knight     02.17  52  23  22  22  18  23  12  17  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon    Great Knight    02.67  54  28  07  21  18  20  32  10  B/A/E  Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr
Robin    Hero            01.00  47  27  24  22  23  19  20  12  B/E    Vet, Sdty, AT, Patnc
Ice      Thief           02.61  43  17  18  19  27  13  14  09  D      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, Lcktc

/me holds General shield

COME, break your weapons against my love for my waifu!

Or you can hold that shield up for NELON and pump him to 40 DEF, since your own DEF is good but not fantastic :P

Soon...soon.... I can feel the speed, flowing through my veins...I can almost control it...

Into Dark Flier! Thunder should be two-ranging about as well as Javelin, so rank should be fairly easy to build... except I really won't wind up using the rank except in DF, since you'll probably end in Swordmaster to snag a proc skill, leverage Amatsu with your A swords, and maybe even get Swordfaire.

Or you can hold that shield up for NELON and pump him to 40 DEF, since your own DEF is good but not fantastic :P

I know, Terra. I kid, I kid.

Lunatic pretty much wrecks me if you just put me in the middle of them and make me pretend to be Wallace.

Chapter 13: Glimpse the Truth

We march through sands all-too-familiar until we reach Carrion Isle, where we are received by Plegia. That woman, Aversa, the one who summoned the Risen... it should prove no surprise that she is here. What does prove surprising, though...!

"Chrom!" I whisper harshly, eyeing Plegia's new king.

"I know. That assassin..."

"He's dead! Those deathblows... nobody could have survived that."

I can't truthfully say I know why I didn't tell Chrom, then and there, the offer the nascent Plegian king made me that night, but even so, we are in no position to refuse their ships and gold.

---

"Return to me, and I will make you whole again. Your destiny awaits."

---

One more mystery confronts us tonight: the presence of a heirophant under this King Validar. As he lowers his cowl... it takes several seconds for me to fully comprehend that this is no mirror or illusion. He bares my face... he bares my name. Finally, a chance to understand what's going on...! But we are dismissed far too soon. Perhaps, perhaps after this campaign in Valm...

---

The same night we depart for Port Ferox, our sentry, Ice, dashes through camp, hollering and rousing every one of us. Risen!, he claims, surrounding the camp and preparing to attack. It's not hard to imagine that the snakes who "generously" support us give with one hand and strike with another.

---

Before the map, I snag a Rescue for Ruby and Armin each, then a Seal for Elly so she can promote to Dark Flier right away. This is a baaaaaaaad map for her, but hopefully she can snag a brace of levels anyway. With how surrounded we are, this should be a great time to demonstrate Armin's ability to Rally us to victory!

Henry joins at the start of the map, and he's basically around to provide an extra Ruin for the next person to go Sorc (oooh, shiny~) and give some Pair Up bonuses. The plan is: go up, use the choke, kill Archers with thwompy things and fly/Rescue shenanigans. Unarmed!Rey and Nelon choke up top for the first phase as I get ready to clear things out. Ruby eats a Longbow (blegh) and Armin chokes on another (c'mon) before I discover, much to my delight, that I can charge the top!

Armin opens with a Rally, which lets Robin eat the Counter!Warrior with Levin (I know I'm scum). I aggro rush up top, with Ice eating a Barb (HP MAG SPE), Rey Javbombing a Myrm, and Ruby Physicing Armin, who's kinda in the back. EP involves a lot of bows to the face and a kill for Belinda. There is a LOT coming up from the bottom.

Armin Rallies everything, then Ice pops off an Archer. Nelon, with Rey behind him, has an unbelievable 43 DEF, which he can use to tank anything and everything with his face. Ruby patches Armin up for phase. Things spawn from the bottom, but I don't rightfully care; this is the Nelon Gets Tinked Show (HP SPE LCK DEF) right now.

Without the Rally Nelon isn't QUITE as theoretically invincible, but that's no deterrent. He smacks down a Short Axe!Barb (HP SKL SPE LCK RES), and Belinda starts fighting from the edge. Ruby does some obligatory patching, Elly snags a Shockstick, then phase.

Nelon is still tanking everything, period, and even Belinda's mediocre Defense is holding up well enough with Rally and Henry bringing it to 20. Come PP, Elly pops off an Archer and Belinda finishes a Sniper (HP LCK), leaving Armin to Rally, Ruby to heal, then Chrom to chomp on a Myrmidon. The middle is all but clear now, so it's time for Nelon to be frolicking still. Nelon can wait on a fort even with ambush spawns. Speak of the devils, one misses a coinflip OHKO on Elly, then she takes down a Fighter in her range.

Nelon stays on his fort, building axe rank with Rey for HAND HAXES. Elly charges the Sniper up top, and gets a 31% crit to avoid being Rescued out (HP SKL DEF). Ruby does some Mending before the phase ends, which comes with more spawns. Nelon levels during EP (HP MAG SKL LCK), and Elly takes down an ambush-spawned Fighter. Nelon still isn't being damaged in any significant way; he's reached D Axes and Luna.

Given Nelon's newfound rank, Rey takes the fore for a round; 34 DEF is still high enough to take on a half-dozen enemies without breaking a heavy sweat. Elly takes Ice to a spawn point, where he chips a Fighter. Ruby and Armin do a bit of healing duty while remaining turtled up. Then, of course, more spawns!

Ice drops a Myrm unharmed, dodging him on a coinflip and snagging himself and Elly a level. STR MAG SKL SPE and HP STR LCK DEF, respectively. That Fighter and another Myrm put Ice to L5: HP SKL SPE* RES. Now, the Rey Show; he levels (HP STR MAG SKL DEF RES), but is down to "just" 19 HP, and the enemies around him got STR-rallied.

Nelon takes the fore again for survival reasons; he's still fresh, and has much higher DEF. Elly takes a safe moment to promote to Dark Flier at L10, while Chrom sends Robin to go do work in the northwest. Nelon snags kills left and right, taking little damage even with the enemies being Rallied for STR. A Myrm decides that the unpaired Armin would make good eats, so they trade chips. After more than a little harassment, Nelon levels yet again (HP STR LCK RES), then Robin chomps a Fighter. In a somewhat savvy move, I put Armin on Ruby for Physic range (STR MAG LCK RES), letting Rey frontline once more. Robin eats a Myrm, Ice awaits another, and phase ends. Nobody gets hurt in any relevant way on EP, and Rey is done with all the melee fighters on the bottom, bar one Warrior.

Rey snags the 7-charge Jav back after hitting D Axes, killing that Warrior and getting everything but SKL. Robin eats another Fighter, Elly and Ice fly in to begin some shenanigans, and Belinda/Henry and Ruby/Armin move in for better support. EP sees the crowd continue to grow thinner and thinner. Elly charges in for a Windbomb next phase, then gets pulled back out with a timely Rescue. Rey kites some dudes east, then goes another EP without being hurt in any real way.

Rey scores a dent for rallied!Ice's killing pleasure; the promoted kill gives him a hefty 64 EXP and a not-so-hefty STR/SKL level. Phase ends with Ice dodging one of two dents, the pair of which wouldn't have killed. Rey (STR DEF RES) helps Ice clean up, with a timely Physic taking the place of a Dual Strike. Ice gets another level here: HP MAG SKL LCK DEF. A frivolous Rescue gives Ruby MAG/SKL and puts her into Falcon Knight reclass range, which she does.

I got a Shockstick and W-Prof+ (Elly) from shiny tiles today. For fun's sake, here's the bonuses Ice had when he went to Levin Sword the Counter!boss (which, by the by ended a perfectly good run with a lot less THWOMPFEEDING)!

+6 STR, +9 MAG, +7 SKL, +9 SPE, +6 LCK, +9 DEF, +11 RES; +10 HIT/CRT/AVO/DGE. He one-shot the punk with a Levin Sword crit, which he would've killed with anyway~! Naturally, he snags a full level (MAG SKL DEF) from his endeavors. Marth Dual Guards Chrom from... what would've been a Lethality, maybe? I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt.

---

For what appears to be the first time in two years, Marth appears; this time to protect Chrom from an assassin once more. Her facade seems to have slipped, though--when Chrom returns from a private meeting with her, he seems to be aware of her secret... and her name.

Lucina.

Who knows if Chrom will live long enough to have more children than her... or if any of us will make it back from the hopeless campaign ahead, to understand what lies before us.

---

Boleslaw and his Gay Bulge have been recruited! He winds up eating the Dracoshield. I also drop my Slush Fund to 0, which makes me so many kinds of happy.

Name      Class          Level  HP  STR MAG SKL SPE LCK DEF RES Wranks Skills
Chrom     Great Lord     04.48  42  22  04  25  20  18  21  13  A/E    DStr+, Charm
Armin     Sage           01.09  49  15  29  20  26  19  20  16  A/E    Vet, Sdty, Ignis, R-Spc
Ruby      Falcon Knight  01.00  45  26  18  25  31  27  16  19  E/C    Vet, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res, DSup+ (Sdty)
Elly      Dark Flier     01.19  47  25  23  31  29  23  11  14  D/E    Vet, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2, Rlief (Sdty)
Rey       General        05.10  53  29  21  20  20  16  27  14  B/D    Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr, R-Def
Belinda   Dark Knight    03.27  53  23  22  22  18  24  12  17  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm
Nelon     Great Knight   06.62  58  29  08  23  20  24  33  12  B/A/D  Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr, Luna
Robin     Hero           01.79  47  27  24  22  23  19  20  12  B/E    Vet, Sdty, AT, Patnc
Ice       Thief          08.57  46  19  22  24  30* 14  16  10  C      Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, Lcktc
Boleslaw  Paladin        01.00  52  28  13  21  21  15  18  18  C/A    Vet, HP+5, Zeal, Disc, OdFtr (Sdty)

Chapter 14: Old Memories

We're aboard our fleet, headed for Valm. Once again, most of the Shepherds have been left behind; should the Grimleal rear their heads, or bandits strike, they can't afford to be defenseless. Those of us that go, we have two things in common: we are strong. Stronger than most anything that could stand in our way.

...but we are also expendable. Vagrants and vagabonds, with no true home. No dynasty to uphold, no home to return to. Some of us don't even have memories to look back on. Me? I have a few, and they seem very familiar as we formulate our battle plan.

---

We're outnumbered nearly three to one, by elite troops to a man. Our troops are absolutely no match for theirs, and sending our elite squads after more than three or four warships at a time is suicide. Perhaps there is a way, but first we'll need to attack their best-defended ships to put an end to their lead general.

"No, Chrom--this time, we won't be going for a swim."

It's a pity that nobody present remembers that day... but then again, it's probably for the best. Of the original Shepherds, the tiniest handful could survive the missions Chrom and I so often embark on. Still, it's good to share a laugh with milord again... it's been far, far too long.

---

Alright, did a bit of shopping, and also we have a new guy! Armin, Rey and Ruby Rally up, providing VERY hefty defensive boosts for my team. Boleslaw chokes the south with a Javelin and Robin, while Chrom takes Nelon east to choke that point... by which I mean "run Chrom face-first into everything nearby". The Big Cheese is up 14 DEF and 9 RES over his already acceptable durability bases, and even with a Bronze his ATK is still high enough to kill any unpromoted unit with a Dual Strike or Crit... while carrying BRONZE. Ruby joins Rey, and Belinda rides with Ice.

Come EP, Chrom takes down another Armor Knight, then Boleslaw goes toe-to-toe with a similar beast, taking him down with a Dual Strike assist. Yet another misses Boleslaw, dying to a Dual Strike assist, too! An Arcthunder mage misses Chrom for 9; Rally Res doesn't suck so hard now, does it? Arcwind does a mere 5, then Boleslaw dodges a piddling Arcwind before counterkilling. The General would've done a solid 20, but misses; naturally, Boleslaw fails to kill. Chrom can't exactly double the pegasi, but kills on a Dual Strike and gets tinked to boot. A second Peg gives him HP, SPE, LCK, and AETHERRRRRRR. Still another Peg decides attacking Boleslaw is a good idea... it isn't. Then another, with a level: STR MAG DEF. Chrom dents another Peg of his own, then Belinda starts seeing exposure: she could fight up to three Cavaliers, but with +8 DEF, that can't kill her. Sure enough, she fights all three, taking but one Silver to the face. Chrom's just shy of one-rounding Cavaliers alone but thankfully DStr+ means the first goes down. Surpringly, the second doesn't. He dodges a Tomahawk for nine, and then some pegasi aggro; phase end.

Chrom is boxed in, so Nelon opens by axing a dented Cavalier a question--namely, when he's getting off the DEF train (HP SKL DEF). Boleslaw backs up to continue the Javelin fight with that General; he piles on some more damage, but still no kill. The folks on the main ship back up, leaving Wind!Elly (she could use the rank, sue me) and Rally!Armin to close it out, with Ruby patching Belinda up.

Nelon gets dented pretty hard by those mages, but luckily, there are only the two! He gets dropped under half, but can handle that flank. Boleslaw is hurt pretty bad after a Silver Lance from that General, but finally manages to drop him. Elly kills one Peg with a Dual Strike, then Armin trades blows with another. Elly and Rey drop the third, leaving Nelon to finish his work on the right. Boleslaw couldn't kill a peg, but that just gives him a chokepoint; Belinda winds up killing one with Ice's assist, as well: HP STR MAG SKL SPE. Another is dented, but still alive. Nelon fails to kill the Great Knight to the right, especially since Chrom's tinking him with the Bronze Lance.

Nelon does take responsibility for that kill next phase; even with only 19 HP, the only spawns are pegasi, which are fundamentally incapable of hurting him. HP STR MAG LCK DEF reward him. Ruby picks off a Pegasus choking a point, then Armin finishes another. Boleslaw Javelins a Cavalier, leaving the next one to Belinda; this clears the bottom and right ships entirely, at least for the moment. Rey Hammers the final one; this puts him in reach to fight armors next phase.

Sure enough, one with a Silver suicides into the good ol' C3 Hammer, and then another. He shrugs off a Spear, and three pegs approach. Ruby flies out to pop one peg off; even unpaired, she destroys their faces. Elly takes down that last Armor down a peg with Wind, opening Robin up for the kill (HP STR MAG SPE LCK DEF); Armin Rallies.

Come EP, Ruby dodges one Silver!Peg and tanks the other. Three mages aggro from the left, then pegasi pull the same crap from the right. Boleslaw heads left, critting one mage with the Javelin. He's hurt bad, though, but after the level, it's clear he's not accessible by the enemy. With some Rallying and partner-swapping, Ice (with Elly's help), snags HP STR SKL LCK DEF on a Peg kill. Chrom carries Nelon back onto the south ship, where there's one chest, for some healing; phase.

Boleslaw dodges an Arcfire for 12, killing the responsible Mage; he then tanks an Arcwind for 8, leaving him with 13 HP. Yes, I totally did this math! Armin trades damage with two pegs on the right; he's incapable of doubling and targeting RES with a weak tome, so he's "easy prey". Boleslaw gets targeted by an ambush spawning Pegasus, but her Spear tinks him. Big guns from the western ship start aggroing this turn.

Boleslaw carries Robin back, who takes his Iron Axe to a peg's head. Ruby heals Nelon again, then Armin Rallies the whole team and Ice snags a kill on the last Peg in his immediate reach. He'll want one more promoted kill before he can hit L10. Nelon pops the Chest for a Second Seal, and Belinda chugs a Concoction and gets ready to TANK. Sure enough, she one-rounds a Great Knight with Elwind ("It can't beeee..." gotta love NPC dialogue) before denting a Peg, then another. She ended phase with 19 HP! I'm glad I ate that Concoction!

Robin rushes to poke that General in the nards, taking a 2HKO hit in the process. Armin Rallies, then Ice snags the General kill he needs to promote! STR SKL LCK DEF, no less. Belinda wolfs down one surviving peg (HP SKL SPE LCK), then Ruby winds up defaulting for the other. Armin's on healing cleanup, along with Ruby, who would like to salvage a B rank sometime soon. Sure enough, Ice snags a chest with a Recover in it! Ice grabs a Bullion (medium) as my party makes its way to the boss. Elly gets a shiny tile for weapon proficiency, as it turns out--this puts her just shy of C Lances. Ruby, for her part, snags an Alm's Blade (!!), which should prove very clutch. Chrom waits with one Javelin charge in the boss' range, in the hopes of getting hit and snagging Elly the end of C and Ruby the end of B. Clever, no? Chrom gets Dual Guarded, so I just repeat the process. Two more turns later, Ruby gets the heal I desire, leveling her (HP MAG LCK RES).

One last bit of staffbot house-cleaning later, Robin charges the boss with Nelon's aid. A Steel Sword crit puts him in death range, and down he goes. Robin levels after all that setup: STR SKL SPE.

---

With the assistance of the traitor paladin, Boleslaw, we fell their general and have their troops in disarray. Our troops have reorganized, leaving half our fleet with a skeleton crew barely able of operating them. Still, this skeleton crew is all it takes to light the ships aflame, leap overboard, and cover the sea in a roiling wave of flaming foam.

The fire and screams... I know Chrom remembers that night in the forest, too. I didn't sacrifice anybody that day... am I losing my edge? Or are the stakes simply too great to win a battle without losing some of our own?

That's what bothers me. Not that Feroxi die today... that it might someday be us.

---

Ice promotes at L10, to Assassin. I forge a Bronze Bow for him, but nobody gets the Talisman yet. Next map should provide lucrative training for Belinda, since a Rally Speed lets her double literally the entire map, and her high natural RES will help her fend off attacks after a Rally RES/Rally SPC. But on this note, my entire team is promoted! Yay~!

Chrom     Great Lord     05.50  43  22  04  25  21  19  21  13  A/D    DStr+, Charm, Aether
Armin     Sage           01.80  49  15  29  20  26  19  20  16  A/E    Vet, Sdty, Ignis, R-Spc
Ruby      Falcon Knight  02.04  46  26  19  25  31  28  16  20  E/B    Vet, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res, DSup+ (Sdty)
Elly      Dark Flier     01.85  47  25  23  31  29  23  11  14  C/D    Vet, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2, Relief (Sdty)
Rey       General        05.83  53  29  21  20  20  16  27  14  B/D    Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr, R-Def
Belinda   Dark Knight    05.17  55  24  23  24  20  25  12  17  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, SlBrn
Nelon     Great Knight   08.17  60  30  09  24  20  25  35  12  A/A/D  Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr, Luna
Robin     Hero           03.10  48  29  25  23  25  20  21  12  B/E    Vet, Sdty, AT, Patnc
Ice       Assassin       01.00  52  26  22  33  34  16  21  11  C/E    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, Mov+1 (Lcktc)
Boleslaw  Paladin        03.61  53  30  14  22  21  15  20  18  C/A    Vet, HP+5, Zeal, Disc, OdFtr (Sdty)

Chapter 15: Meeting Resistance

It's been more than a week since the battle at sea, and we're approaching shore. Our newest comrade, Boleslaw, lays out the potential options for landfall.

"The most obvious choice is Port Valm, to the north; it's the largest port on the continent, and, besides the Conqueror, the seed of Valm's power. With their enormous fleet of ships, Valm could afford to send messages back to the mainland very easily; it's certain that their armies know the navy has been all but annihilated. If anywhere we'll have trouble making land, it will be there.

We have the supplies to journey south, to Port Rosanne. Our aerial units are strong enough to eliminate any scouting sloops to relay the information to Valm's command. From there, we could strike at the heart of the empire, but we haven't the manpower to attempt such a mission. Perhaps we could make landfall there and march north, to our prospective allies, but that would mean walking right into their jaws... such a thing simply isn't tenable."

It takes another half-hour to finalize the plan, but it was all but decided after that simple debriefing: we would conquer Port Valm, and from there to the aid of someone who may prove the salvation of this campaign: one Say'ri of the Chon'sin.

---

Shepherds' Roster

Boleslaw
A paladin of Valm, who turned coat to our cause during the battle at sea, he is regimented and soft-spoken as any. 
By all rights, he appears to know the plight of the Outrealmers, but remains deathly silent as to his origins.
Seems to suffer more than any of us if left alone.

---

BINDI TRAINING: THE MAP, activate. Bindi eats a Speed Tonic, just in case, then takes Boleslaw. She drops a Cavalier who cheeses her off with Elfire, Armin gets Rescued away to avoid combat exposure, Ice gets 22 EXP, then phase. Say'ri gets 3HKO by those lances, so she can live this EP. Sure enough, she takes both and lives.

Belinda, however, decides to get hit by the HAMMER BRO, then a Bolganone. Thankfully, she dodges a Thoron, making a Silver Sword hit decidedly not disastrous. She levels from that; HP STR SKL SPE LCK.

Next phase, Belinda opens by finishing that pesky General. Rey Rallies her DEF, Ruby heals her, then Armin Rescues Say'ri (HP MAG LCK). I give her a Silver and pair her onto Rey for good measure; then phase.

Belinda only has two exposures this phase; a Knight and a Cavalier. She kills the first without being hit, but the second does get a decent shot in. Next phase, Belinda gets Recovered, then Rallybotted; she drops a Knight to limit her EP exposure, and that's it for her phase.

Come EP, she eats a Spear, but a BROLESLAW crit helps her get the kill and the level on that General. Speed only, to boot. The next shot, a Tomahawk+, hits too; she can't finish that General even with one Dual Strike. She dodges a Silver Sword!Cav, though, wrecking him, then does the same to another.

Now, my army starts running up onto the pavement. Ruby Recovers Belinda, getting a STR/SPE level; after some Rallying, Belinda takes down that General, and everyone else gets out of the way.

...of course, NOW has to be the time that EVERYTHING aggroes. Boleslaw starts fronting, now, killing a Cavalier after a Rally to open things up. He gets HP STR MAG SKL LCK (that STR lets him OHKO Mages, by the by), and Belinda snags HP STR SPE DEF. Elly, for her part, can dodgetank the entire bottom half, so she gets right on that. By killing a Cav, she takes HP MAG LCK. Ice Iceassinates a Cavalier, and that's phase. A few enemies can get where they shouldn't be, but most of the combat should go to my designated fronters.

Sure enough, a Knight goes after Rey and Say'ri over Boleslaw, for some reason--probably because he has Iron and Say'ri is there. Rey gets HP STR SKL DEF for the critkill, then he takes down another with Say'ri's Silver!DS. Boleslaw strikes down an Armor with the Short Spear, then a second one. Elly faces her worst hitrate yet, a 32%... and IS HIT BY IT. However, a lucky crit helps her kill the General. She's feeling low right about now. However, she does have VANTAGE up now! She jumps the Rexcal!mage, then the one with Bolganone. The poor fool with Thoron actually gets to attack, with his 3% hitrate, and lives! The Thoron mage that attacks Boleslaw, though... no such luck. A Tomahawk General dents B., then a Cav suicides into him. Yet another Cav provides him with a level: HP STR SKL LCK DEF RES, and Defender over Discipline to boot. After yet another pair of Cavaliers, a Dark Knight charges at Rey, failing to kill or be killed even with one Dual Strike. The other, with Rexcalibur, is blicked by a Belinda DS with Boleslaw. A Bolganone mage goes after Rey, but Say'ri and he take her down. No more action THIS phase, thankfully; that's it.

Next phase, Belinda drops the wounded Dark Knight, leaving the whole army to back it up. Belinda has minimal exposure this phase, so she can live with no Rally. Sure enough, a Thoron and a Tomahawk aren't enough to take her down. Belinda gets Recovered, Rallied, and goes off to take down her next enemy: an Armor Knight, leaving one Armor and one DK to take down during EP. She snags everything but SKL for that thwomp, to boot!

EP is cake, and Belinda lets Boleslaw take the last non-boss kill of the map for a level (HP STR LCK DEF). After some not-insignificant cleanup staffbotting and all the houses on the map, Armin takes 30 EXP from a shiny tile, then the bosskill (HP MAG LCK RES). Gotta keep him fed for the endgame, now~!

---

We have taken on Say'ri's cause all but on instinct. Certainly, we could have razed this port and sailed for home, safe for many a year... but Walhart would rise again, and we as yet still have no answers. Nothing of Lucina's future, nor of our comrades' presence. If two years' search in Ylisse, Plegia, and Regna Ferox could find nothing... perhaps, just perhaps, the answer is here, in Valm.

---

Just for what it's worth, I have a Robe, a Book, an Icon, a Talisman, a Scroll, a Master Seal (which I'm probably gonna sell), and two Second Seals on hand. If anyone has recommendations on what to use on who, go knock yourselves out!

Chrom     Great Lord     05.60  43  22  04  25  21  19  21  13  A/D    DStr+, Charm, Aether
Armin     Sage           03.14  51  15  31  20  26  21  20  17  A/E    Vet, Sdty, Ignis, R-Spc
Ruby      Falcon Knight  03.40  46  27  19  25  32  28  16  20  E/B    Vet, Res+2, Dmsl, R-Res, DSup+ (Sdty)
Elly      Dark Flier     02.75  48  25  24  31  29  24  11  14  C/D    Vet, Avo+10, Vntg, Spe+2, Relief (Sdty)
Rey       General        06.50  54  30  21  21  20  16  28  14  B/D    Vet, Sdty, Def+2, InFtr, R-Def
Belinda   Dark Knight    09.40  58  27  24  25  24  27  14  18  E/A    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, SlBrn
Nelon     Great Knight   08.17  60  30  09  24  20  25  35  12  A/A/D  Vet, Sdty, Disc, OdFtr, Luna
Robin     Hero           03.10  48  29  25  23  25  20  21  12  B/E    Vet, Sdty, AT, Patnc
Ice       Assassin       01.41  52  26  22  33  34  16  21  11  C/E    Vet, Sdty, Hex, Anthm, Mov+1 (Lcktc)
Boleslaw  Paladin        06.10  56  33  15  24  21  18  22  19  C/A    Vet, HP+5, Zeal, OdFtr, Dfndr (Disc, Sdty)
Edited by Terrador

Whooooohooooo! Feed me aaaaallll the souls experience! \o/

Lifetaker gogogogo~ and then... after that... Gaaaaaaalefooooooooooorce! ~

(if there's enough exp for that at least...)