It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I went shopping last Sunday, and the last stop was Gamestop! I bought a nice Peach amiibo, it makes me super excited for Zelda!

iXB5phG.jpg

December 5th, I'm marching over to Gamestop to grab a Zelda amiibo quickly! I was a bit disappointed to find out that ZSS wasn't included in Wave 3, but it does save time to earn some more money! Being a kid isn't easy y'know!

Aw yeah, the Peach amiibo is pretty nice, huh? The only thing that's a bit off is the shape of the head, but oh well. I really want to get a Zelda one too~ Oh man, I might just buy Captain Falcon instead though... such a tough choice X_X I'm going to Gamestop with my friend when he's picking up his Luigi amiibo, maybe I'll just decide then :V

I also got to try out all the costumes in Mario Kart 8, they're all really nice~ As far as the non-Mario characters go, they're all stylized to match their series well, especially the Kirby one.

Why not just get both Zelda AND Captain Falcon? ...Nah, those 3 amiibos you got must've already been a ton of money. I mean, the amiibos look great, but $39 for three of them isn't exactly a deal breaker. It makes me question if I'm actually getting more than just Peach, Zelda, and ZSS.

I wish Zelda was compatible with Mario Kart 8. I was hoping she and Peach would unlock hairstyles for the miis.

Yeah, I can't put out the money for both, and I don't want to have a ton of amiibos either. (I'm already planning on getting Dedede and Falco) I'll most likely end up getting Zelda because that was my plan, Falcon is just so tempting because I freaking love F-Zero :V

The racing suit for Peach is really awesome though, and maybe a bit more gender neutral then hairstyle lol. A Zelda costume would be totally hype though, they have one for Link after all. Oh well :/

Edited by Gemma

• 4 weeks later...

Heh, you got both! Makes me wonder if I should get Captain Falcon.. but I'm saving for Ike / Rosalina!

They look nice! Especially the Zelda one. I love how Peach's Pink mixes with Zelda so nicely. I think the Captain Falcon amiibo was nice, but I don't really like the square stand. I understand how the boxy ones hold up the figure better, but, I liked the prototypes. I'd rather have a less sturdy, cleaner-looking amiibo, compared to a sturdier, not-as-nice-but-still-fresh-looking amiibo.

Hehehe, I just couldn't resist~ If you really do want a Captain Falcon though, good luck... it would be less of a hassle to just invest in the 3rd wave at this point, wave 2 is already pretty rare.

Zelda's dress is nice, but similar to Peach the shape of her head is different, along with her eyes. Zelda's Smash 4 portrait is one of my favorites... it's a shame the amiibo isn't more accurate. On the other hand, the Captain Falcon amiibo is dead-on, it really looks great. Honestly the only problem I have with the stand is that it blocks the view of his back leg. At least it isn't colored like Link's lol.

Hehehe, I just couldn't resist~ If you really do want a Captain Falcon though, good luck... it would be less of a hassle to just invest in the 3rd wave at this point, wave 2 is already pretty rare.

Zelda's dress is nice, but similar to Peach the shape of her head is different, along with her eyes. Zelda's Smash 4 portrait is one of my favorites... it's a shame the amiibo isn't more accurate. On the other hand, the Captain Falcon amiibo is dead-on, it really looks great. Honestly the only problem I have with the stand is that it blocks the view of his back leg. At least it isn't colored like Link's lol.

Lucky you. I couldn't even get Captain Falcon here in Canada. Every listing online is sold out. Heck ebgames.ca doesn't even have Falcon listed at all. But we do have like 10000000000 zeldas that noone wants.

Every place I've been looking for are people selling it for 50 bucks.

Edited by kingddd

We have a bunch of Peaches that no one wants. Of course, I'm not complaining, I'm anti-Peach. :P

Zelda and Little Mac have sold well though. We only have a few Zeldas left. And the Little Macs are about gone.

What? When did Captain Falcon come out? I haven't seen him anywhere. Same with Luigi.

Lucky you. I couldn't even get Captain Falcon here in Canada. Every listing online is sold out. Heck ebgames.ca doesn't even have Falcon listed at all. But we do have like 10000000000 zeldas that noone wants.

Every place I've been looking for are people selling it for 50 bucks.

Geez... I want to say the 24th (the day I picked him up) was the first day he was available at Gamestop, at least. It's crazy that he's already so rare, like what the heck. Luckily I preorder everything. I know my friend went on a crazy search for Falcon, I think he was barely able to find one.

Neither HMV nor GAME in Cardiff had Ike or Sonic in stock. No Marths either, as expected. Not sure which other shops were selling them. I didn't really go adventuring.

I was going to pick up a Link, but I decided to hold back for when I do see either a Marth, Ike, or Sonic.

Not sure what just happened here, but I found a Captain Falcon!

I wasn't really anticipating buying one, but seeing it the LAST one at my GameStop, I couldn't resist! It's no Marth, but I still did pick up a possible rare amiibo. I was looking for Pit, but idk anymore.

Not sure what just happened here, but I found a Captain Falcon!

I wasn't really anticipating buying one, but seeing it the LAST one at my GameStop, I couldn't resist! It's no Marth, but I still did pick up a possible rare amiibo. I was looking for Pit, but idk anymore.

meanwhile still not a single falcon in any retailer or online here.