Sentacotus

Next Fire Emblem will be on...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which system?

• 3DS
    • New 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Other

Which system do you think the next Fire Emblem will be on? Personally I think there is a high possibility that it will be on the New 3DS perhaps even as a bundle title to help move systems but I could just as easily see it being released late in the 3DS's life kind of like Sacred Stones was on the GBA.

Even with Awakening considered, I don't think FE is quite big enough to be a selling point for the New 3DS or the WiiU. I think (though this may be wishful thinking) that it will stay on the 3DS.

Either the 3DS or Wii U... *looks at the poll options* I guess that means I'll have to vote for the 'Other' option, then.

Seeing as when the stuff hits for it. The 3DS stuff will probably not go on much longer

When the DSi was launched, games were still being developed for the regular DS. So, I don't see why regular 3DS titles would stop being made when the New 3DS is launched.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

When the DSi was launched, games were still being developed for the regular DS. So,I don't see why regular 3DS titles would stop being made when the New 3DS is launched.

That's what I was thinking but the "New" 3DS has beefed up specs which is why games like Xenoblade Chronicles will only run on the "New" 3DS which leads me to believe that Nintendo will want to develop full blown new titles exclusive to it. Its a bit of an enigma its got superior specs to that point but its not a next gen handheld.

When the DSi was launched, games were still being developed for the regular DS. So,I don't see why regular 3DS titles would stop being made when the New 3DS is launched.

Were there any games exclusive to the DSi?

Given the previous game was released on the 3DS and was very successful, it would be kind of weird to release it in another console. The development costs of handheld games is also lower than for desktop consoles which is why so many JRPGs and other niche games that would be expensive to develop for moved to the DS.

For me FE is a handheld game. It just works better with it. I want to do a little battle while driving the bus or other short travels. I don't like being chained to the TV by it. (And was I the only one who felt that scrolling over the battle field was odd and laggy?)