A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chapter was great! I think it was very interesting to read about Hexblade's little lesson about the aura. Was it true fact, or just for this story? Well, maybe not to lift weapons without touching them, but the rest?

The chapter was great! I think it was very interesting to read about Hexblade's little lesson about the aura. Was it true fact, or just for this story? Well, maybe not to lift weapons without touching them, but the rest?

Lol. Well for my other stories, it's true fact, but I don't think that's really how things work.

Though perhaps there's some truth to it. Like there are some people in the world with a dominating presense, or a gentle presense. I guess you can consider that to be aura.

Lol. Well for my other stories, it's true fact, but I don't think that's really how things work.

Though perhaps there's some truth to it. Like there are some people in the world with a dominating presense, or a gentle presense. I guess you can consider that to be aura.

I see... That's interesting...

OMG, this is very interesting!!! :0

Nice work Lyle!

So Zero really is the hero! XD

Lol. Thank you very much. XD

And I figured it was time for Zero to get a chance to shine.

Aww, Thx guys..

Kratos can suffer the worst rape possible then get acid poured into his eyes and burn in hell after being forced to watch the chihuahua movie ten times straight

.____. I think Kratos is cool...

princess does too...

Great story Lyle! Your very good at fight scenes. This story has a touch of *Bleach* to it *not the cleaner* And I too like that Hexblade character. Could I make a suggestion? When introducing a new character, could you give a quick summary of that character? I had te re-read the first chapter twice to see when Bizz showed up. Sorry you had to wait 30 mins for a reply. Keep up the good work! *thumbs up* :D

Aww, Thx guys..

.____. I think Kratos is cool...

princess does too...

Great story Lyle! Your very good at fight scenes. This story has a touch of *Bleach* to it *not the cleaner* And I too like that Hexblade character. Could I make a suggestion? When introducing a new character, could you give a quick summary of that character? I had te re-read the first chapter twice to see when Bizz showed up. Sorry you had to wait 30 mins for a reply. Keep up the good work! *thumbs up* :D

You know the character thing was something that I've been thinking about. I wasn't really sure how to introduce the characters. So I kinda failed at introducing Zero, Bizz, and Ocelot. But I feel like the character's histories and such will be revealed as the story goes along. But yeah, I introduced them pretty awkwardly.

And yeah, a lot of my ideas are either really similar to bleach, or taken from there.

There's even one technique that one of my characters uses that's frightenly similar to Getsga Tenshou, though I came up with the idea before I even heard of Bleach.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

You know the character thing was something that I've been thinking about. I wasn't really sure how to introduce the characters. So I kinda failed at introducing Zero, Bizz, and Ocelot. But I feel like the character's histories and such will be revealed as the story goes along. But yeah, I introduced them pretty awkwardly.

And yeah, a lot of my ideas are either really similar to bleach, or taken from there.

There's even one technique that one of my characters uses that's frightenly similar to Getsga Tenshou, though I came up with the idea before I even heard of Bleach.

That's a good idea! And I like that* you have been Zeroed in on* in the first chapter. :lol:

I think it was something like that...

That's a good idea! And I like that* you have been Zeroed in on* in the first chapter. :lol:

I think it was something like that...

Lol. I was thinking of making that you're catch phrase, but I wanted to hear your opinion on it first.

New Episode: Sailing away.

*The same bar from earlier. Odion stumbles in slightly and walks over to a nearby table, where Lalmeyde sits.*

Lalmeyde: I’m assuming things didn’t go well?

Odion: Ugh. *He grabs the drink in from of Lalmeyde and chugs it.* I’ll admit it’s harder than I expected, but I’ll be able to kill him. I’m working on something already. How are things with you?

Lalmeyde: Not any better. In fact, one of our employers asked to meet me.

Odion: Why you? Aren’t you just another bounty hunter to them?

Lalmeyde: Apparently not.

*A short bony man in rags burst through the front door, knocking it off it’s hinges.*

Bartender: Hey! I hope you plan on paying for that!

???: *He glares at the bartender for a split second. A blade pops out of his sleeve and with one quick motion he slices the bartender’s throat.* Moron.

Bartender: GAH!!! *He falls to the floor.*

Odion: .....That one of them?

Lalmeyde: Yeah....Io.

Io: *He spots the table that Lalmeyde and Odion are sitting at. In another split second he stands next to them, ignoring the other startled people in the room. He grins. Then grabs Lalmeyde’s head and slams it against the table.* Hey there little guy.

Lalmeyde: Rgh...

Odion: !!!

Io: Remember me?

Lalmeyde: What do you want? Ack!

Io: *He pushes harder on Lalmeyde’s head.* You little fucker. That’s no way to talk to your superior. You answer my fucking questions got it? So....do you know why I’m here to see you?

Lalmeyde: No..RGH.

Io: *He pushes down harder.* No, what!?

Lalmeyde: No sir.

Io: *He eases up.* There we go. So let me enlighten you. We know there’s something special about ya.. We don’t care what you do with the cash, but if you have any ideas about betraying us after we’ve given you such a generous offer, we’ll make sure you live to regret it. *He violently lets go of Lalmeyde’s head and turns to leave.*

Odion: *Stays silent as Io walks out the door.* You okay?

Lalmeyde: Yeah....*A slight blood stain appears on the bandages covering his forehead.*

Odion: I woulda done something but I figured it wouldn’t help at all. You sure you want to do all this?

Lalmeyde: I don’t really have a choice in the matter. You sure you still want to do this?

Odion: If I can survive a match with one of the highest ranking members of the Democlaw Syndicate, I think I’ll have a shot. What kind of competition do we have?

Lalmeyde: For the bounty? Well, a lot of low level wannabes. But there are pretty high ranked bounty hunters as well. Feil the ripper, Grog Garred, Skral, and a few others.

Odion: Damn....we got our work cut out for us then.

Lalmeyde: We sure do.

Odion: Looks like we’re gonna have to root for the Hexblade till we get at him.

Lalmeyde:.....

*Kilvas port. The troop finally arrives at the port, Ocelot still tied up and being carried by Hexblade, who ignores the stares from passerbys.*

Zero: Um....Maybe you should put him down?

Hexblade: Why?

Bizz: Well, we’re attracting a crowd....

Hexblade: And?

Ocelot: It’s not really normal practice to carry someone tied up over your shoulder! Now put me down!!!

Hexblade: Fine. *He drops Ocelot.*

Ocelot: OOF!

Hexblade: *He grabs the end of the rope, and starts dragging Ocelot along.* Shall we?

Zero: .___. This guy is impossible....

*The troop continues walking along the port while cries of ‘Ouch!’ ‘Hey!’ and ‘Dammit!’ come from Ocelot. Hexblade stops at a particular ship.*

Hexblade: This is ours.

Bizz: We’re leaving right away?

Hexblade: Not sure. We might. But I’m really here to see the captain first. Ah. Here he comes.

*A man with blue hair and orange skin comes down off the ship.*

Nasir: Hello. You must be the Hexblade Naesala requested I bring on my ship.

Hexblade: Bizz, Zero, Ocelot, meet Captain Nasir. He will be in charge of us for the next part of our journey. Be willing to do any work he may ask of you. We’re freeloaders on his boat. It’s really a ship to transport goods to Begnion, but we have been given the opportunity to travel with them.

Ocelot: Wait!? You’re seriously taking me with you!?

Hexblade: Sure am. *He tosses Ocelot onto the boat.*

Ocelot: AHH!!!! *A loud crash is heard on the boat.*

Nasir: Erm. Please try to be more gentle than that.

Hexblade: Are we leaving right away?

Nasir: Not so soon, but you’re more than welcome to come onto the ship.

Hexblade: Thank you. Bizz, Zero, front and center.

Bizz: Yes sir!

Zero: Why?

Hexblade: .....*He grabs Zero and throws him onto the boat. Another crash is heard, and both Zero and Ocelot cry out in pain.* Er. Sorry Nasir.

Nasir: *Sigh.*

*The three of them go on the ship.*

Hexblade: *Notices Ocelot and Zero lying on the deck.* Hey, quit slacking off you two. Get up.

Ocelot: ....Well, I would, BUT YOU HAVE ME TIED UP!!!!!

Zero: I will when my bones knit.....

Hexblade: Wimps.

Bizz: *She giggles to herself.*

Zero: <_< *He stands up.* Ugh.

Hexblade: Well, if you don’t need anything from us Captain, we’ll take a break.

Nasir: Just....don’t break anything. *He leaves before something happens.*

Ocelot: Hey! Take me out of these ropes! I don’t want to go to Begnion! RARGH!!

Hexblade: <_< Fine, you don’t want to be tied up anymore?

Ocelot: No!

Hexblade: Fine.

*A few minutes later, Ocelot is hanging upside down from the crow’s nest.*

Ocelot: YOU BASTARD!!!!

Hexblade: I can’t hear you! You’re too high up!

Bizz: Isn’t that a little dangerous?

Hexblade: Yes. *He takes a sip of some tea.*

Nasir: *Comes on deck. He spots Ocelot.* Hm. Well, considering that worse things could have happened, I suppose this isn’t too bad. We’re about to set sail.

Hexblade: Do you need anything from us?

Nasir: Not at all. And if you want anything, just ask.

Bizz: Thank you Captain.

Zero: Thanks.

Ocelot: GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!!!!

*The three of them ignore Ocelot as the ship moves away from the port.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Scattered Glimpses.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

One thing though.

Turn V

*The same bar from earlier. Odion stumbles in slightly and walks over to a nearby table, where Lalmeyde sits.*

Odion: Ugh. *He grabs the drink in from of Lalmeyde and chugs it.* I’ll admit it’s harder than I expected, but I’ll be able to kill him. I’m working on something already. How are things with you?

*A short bony man in rags burst through the front door, knocking it off it’s hinges.*

???: *He glares at the bartender for a split second. A blade pops out of his sleeve and with one quick motion he slices the bartender’s throat.* Moron.

Io: *He spots the table that Lalmeyde and Odion are sitting at. In another split second he stands next to them, ignoring the other startled people in the room. He grins. Then grabs Lalmeyde’s head and slams it against the table.* Hey there little guy.

Io: *He pushes harder on Lalmeyde’s head.* You little fucker. That’s no way to talk to your superior. You answer my fucking questions got it? So....do you know why I’m here to see you?

Io: *He eases up.* There we go. So let me enlighten you. We know there’s something special about ya.. We don’t care what you do with the cash, but if you have any ideas about betraying us after we’ve given you such a generous offer, we’ll make sure you live to regret it. *He violently lets go of Lalmeyde’s head and turns to leave.*

Lalmeyde: Yeah....*A slight blood stain appears on the bandages covering his forehead.*

Odion: I woulda done something but I figured it wouldn’t help at all. You sure you want to do all this?

Lalmeyde: I don’t really have a choice in the matter. You sure you still want to do this?

Odion: If I can survive a match with one of the highest ranking members of the Democlaw Syndicate, I think I’ll have a shot. What kind of competition do we have?

Lalmeyde: For the bounty? Well, a lot of low level wannabes. But there are pretty high ranked bounty hunters as well. Feil the ripper, Grog Garred, Skral, and a few others.

*Kilvas port. The troop finally arrives at the port, Ocelot still tied up and being carried by Hexblade, who ignores the stares from passerbys.*

Ocelot: It’s not really normal practice to carry someone tied up over your shoulder! Now put me down!!!

Hexblade: *He grabs the end of the rope, and starts dragging Ocelot along.* Shall we?

*The troop continues walking along the port while cries of ‘Ouch!’ ‘Hey!’ and ‘Dammit!’ come from Ocelot. Hexblade stops at a particular ship.*

Hexblade: Not sure. We might. But I’m really here to see the captain first. Ah. Here he comes.

Hexblade: Bizz, Zero, Ocelot, meet Captain Nasir. He will be in charge of us for the next part of our journey. Be willing to do any work he may ask of you. We’re freeloaders on his boat. It’s really a ship to transport goods to Begnion, but we have been given the opportunity to travel with them.

Hexblade: .....*He grabs Zero and throws him onto the boat. Another crash is heard, and both Zero and Ocelot cry out in pain.* Er. Sorry Nasir.

Hexblade: *Notices Ocelot and Zero lying on the deck.* Hey, quit slacking off you two. Get up.

Nasir: *Comes on deck. He spots Ocelot.* Hm. Well, considering that worse things could have happened, I suppose this isn’t too bad. We’re about to set sail.

To Be Continued.

Into V

Odion: Ugh. *He grabs the drink in from of Lalmeyde and chugs it.* I’ll admit it’s harder than I expected, but I’ll be able to

kill him. I’m working on something already. How are things with you?

???: *He glares at the bartender for a split second. A blade pops out of his sleeve and with one quick motion he slices the

bartender’s throat.* Moron.

Io: *He spots the table that Lalmeyde and Odion are sitting at. In another split second he stands next to them, ignoring the

other startled people in the room. He grins. Then grabs Lalmeyde’s head and slams it against the table.* Hey there little guy.

Io: *He pushes harder on Lalmeyde’s head.* You little fucker. That’s no way to talk to your superior. You answer my fucking

questions got it? So....do you know why I’m here to see you?

Io: *He eases up.* There we go. So let me enlighten you. We know there’s something special about ya.. We don’t care what

you do with the cash, but if you have any ideas about betraying us after we’ve given you such a generous offer, we’ll make

sure you live to regret it. *He violently lets go of Lalmeyde’s head and turns to leave.*

Odion: If I can survive a match with one of the highest ranking members of the Democlaw Syndicate, I think I’ll have a shot.

What kind of competition do we have?

Lalmeyde: For the bounty? Well, a lot of low level wannabes. But there are pretty high ranked bounty hunters as well. Feil

the ripper, Grog Garred, Skral, and a few others.

*Kilvas port. The troop finally arrives at the port, Ocelot still tied up and being carried by Hexblade, who ignores the stares

from passerbys.*

*The troop continues walking along the port while cries of ‘Ouch!’ ‘Hey!’ and ‘Dammit!’ come from Ocelot. Hexblade stops at

a particular ship.*

Hexblade: Bizz, Zero, Ocelot, meet Captain Nasir. He will be in charge of us for the next part of our journey. Be willing to do any work he may ask of you. We’re freeloaders on his boat. It’s really a ship to transport goods to Begnion, but we have

been given the opportunity to travel with them.

Hexblade: .....*He grabs Zero and throws him onto the boat. Another crash is heard, and both Zero and Ocelot cry out in

pain.* Er. Sorry Nasir.

Nasir: *Comes on deck. He spots Ocelot.* Hm. Well, considering that worse things could have happened, I suppose this isn’t

too bad. We’re about to set sail.

To Be Continued.

HEXCOPTER

seriously awesome chapter lyle.

Actually.....*gets idea.*

Nothing. Lol.

Thanks. I'd work on another chapter but I'm kinda busy. I'll probably get one up by the end of the night though. *Continues watching cartoons.*

New Episode: Scattered Glimpses.

Bizz: *She watches Zero as he snores away, unable to sleep herself, she sighs then turns on her other side.* (How the hell did we get here?) *She tosses and turns for a few more minutes. Then she stares at the ceiling.* Ugh! I can’t take this anymore. *She gets up and walks out of the room and heads for the deck.* Maybe some fresh air will help. *She steps onto the deck and observes the night. The sea is calm, and the moon is bright. She smells the brisk air as it almost leaps down her throat. Then at the other end of the boat she spots Hexblade staring up at the moon.* Huh? *She starts walking over to him.*

Hexblade: *He spots her.* Having trouble sleeping?

Bizz: Yeah. You?

Hexblade: Not really. I’m just enjoying the view.

Bizz: It’s really nice.

Hexblade: .......

Bizz: Something wrong?

Hexblade: No. I’m just remembering an old friend. His favorite object in nature was the full moon.

Bizz: Who?

Hexblade: Just an old friend. He’s in a better place now.

Bizz: *She’s taken aback.* Oh....er...sorry....

Hexblade: Hard to believe.....

Bizz: Yeah....life ends so quickly sometimes. It’s hard when you lose someone close to you-

Hexblade: What? What are you talking about?

Bizz: *Befuddled.* Wh-what? Wasn’t your friend-?

Hexblade: I was talking about him. *He points to Ocelot, who is still hanging upside down from the crow’s nest.* It’s hard to believe that someone can fall asleep in that position.

Bizz: ._____. Er...isn’t that really dangerous for him to be hanging from there for that long?

Hexblade: I’m sure he’ll be fine. *He sits down and leans on a mast.*

Bizz: *She sits down opposite him.* Why are we taking him with us anyway? There’s really no reason. I’m sure he’s learned his lesson by now, and he’ll be little more than a liability.

Hexblade: To be quite honest. I’ve only met one other person with a similar condition to him.

Bizz: Huh?

Hexblade: He’s not here for no reason. Ocelot is a curious situation.

Bizz: Why?

Hexblade: Of everyone I’ve ever met, there has been only one person like Ocelot. And that was explained. Ocelot has no aura.

Bizz: Huh?

Hexblade: As I said earlier, everything in existence has an aura. And with my control over my aura, I can easily detect the presence of others no matter how well they hide it. At the very least, I should be able to detect it while he’s asleep, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he has no aura. Or at least appears to have no aura.

Bizz: Well, what about that other guy?

Hexblade: Well, he DID have an aura actually, it was just misplaced.

Bizz: :huh:

Hexblade: Well, he didn’t lose it, it was just indifferent to his location and didn’t move. We call it the Sun.

Bizz: O_O His aura was THE SUN?

Hexlbade: Yes. Though it’s indifferent to him, though he is not indifferent to it. Since he was killed, the Sun hasn’t been harmed in any way, as you can see. Though if the Sun were to start to wane, he would feel it.

Bizz: ....That’s all very confusing....

Hexblade: You don’t need to worry about it. That’s just the reason I’m bringing ‘El Bandito Grande’ along.

Bizz: Kay.....I think I’m going to bed now.....*Confused, she goes back to bed.*

Hexblade: *He stares at the full moon again.* .........It really is a wonderful object.

*A deep dark forest. A small purple creature scurries about. He stops every few feet to sniff the air. He looks like a cross between a kangaroo and a bear cub, but has wings on it’s back. He scurries a bit further and is attracted to an ominous glow in the center of the forest. The creature reaches a trench in it’s path and uses it’s wings to flutter over it. Then it continues it’s exploration. A few more minutes pass and the creature reaches the source of the glow. A strange crystal sits across from a large tablet. The creature stares at the light for a few minutes before fluttering over to the tablet. The creature tilts it’s head as it examines the tablet, almost as if he’s trying to read the strange markings on the surface of it. Without warning, the tablet shakes violently. The creature is frightened off and runs away vigorously. The tablet continues to shake as shadows pour out from the bottom of it. The glowing crystal flickers on and off before finally succumbing to the darkness. The only ray of light in the forest, flickering out.*

*A large tavern. Odion and Lalmeyde walk in and pass other bounty hunters of various shapes, sizes and breed.*

Odion: Any idea why these guys have gathered all the bounty hunters?

Lalmeyde: Not a clue.

*A green and scaly hand grabs Lalmeyde’s head.*

???: Well, lookie, lookie! It’s the new guys!

Lalymedye: Grod Garred.

Grod: *The lizard-man towers above him. His raspy voice, booming.* That’s right.....*He squeezes Lalmeyde’s head.*

Lalmeyde: *He places a hand on his sword.* That’s a tender area Grod. I have no qualms about killing a scumbag like you.

Grod: *He takes his hand off of Lalmeyde.* Is that so tough guy?! *He grabs the sword from his back.* Listen kid. From one professional to another, don’t piss off your superiors. You’re still new to this trade. No matter how good you think you are, we know more than you do!

Lalmeyde: Really? Then why did you do as I commanded? Coward.

Grod: *His face crunches into a scowl, he lifts his blade.* YOU LITTLE—

*A skeleton-beast steps in front of Grod.*

???: Grod. You should know better than that. Intimidated by a new face.

Grod: Intimidated, hell! I was trying to teach the kid some manners Skral!

Skral: *He turns his bone body and looks at Lalmeyde. At this point all the bounty hunters are staring at the scene.* Grod has a quick temper. So I’ll let you slide this once brat. But you should try to be more careful. We’re the professionals for a reason. *He walks away.*

Grod: *He huffs and storms away as well.*

Odion: *As the clammer of conversation amongst the other bounty hunters ensues.* Lal, can you NOT do that? The last thing we need are high ranked bounty hunters after us.

Lalmeyde: The only way we’re gonna stand out is if we do things like that. In the end it will help us. We have to carve our place into this world.

Odion: That’s fine, but I don’t want to get carved up while we’re trying to get there.

*Lalmeyde begins to open his mouth to respond, but is interrupted.*

Io: *He stands on the stage in front of the bounty hunters.* Listen up you scumbags!

*The room quiets down.*

Lalmeyde: This guy again?

Io: As you all know, I, am one of your four employers. If you don’t know who I am, then raise your hand.

*Two or three people raise their hands.*

Io: *He has a sick grin on his face. And in an instant, three screams are heard and Io stands on the stage, three hands stuck on his blade like a shish kabob. * There, now that we all know each other, let’s get started.

Odion: *Whispering to Lalmeyde.* That’s one sick dude.

Io: And now, without any more interruptions, here are your other employers. The four of us being the Galilean Soldiers. Callisto, Europa, Ganymede and myself.

*Three other people walk onto the stage. One woman with crystal blue hair, one gigantic man with obsidian color skin, and one man with two scimitars at his sides. Io steps back as the man with two scimitars steps forwards.*

Callisto: I am Callisto. The head of this organized group. And the supplier for this bounty. The largest bounty, in the history of the planes. After weeding through the worthless bounty hunters, let me tell you the real price on The Hexblade’s head.

Lalmeyde: *Among the rest of the murmurs of the other Bounty hunters.* ‘Real Price’?

Callisto: The price on Hexblade’s head is now double the original price.

*The room erupts in cheers and roars from the bounty hunters.*

Odion: They must really want this guy dead.

*Later. Odion and Lalmeyde are walking out of the tavern.*

Lalmeyde: Double price. That would help us out a lot.

Odion: Sure would give me a reason to help you out more than just because we’re friends.

Lalmeyde: Yeah. But that also means that the competition is fiercer. Though this change doesn’t affect at least one person.

Odion: Huh? Who?

Lalmeyde: Feil the ripper. He wasn’t there?

Odion: He wasn’t? Why not?

Grod: *He towers behind them.* Feil is a little different from other bounty hunters new guys.

Lalmeyde: You-

Grod: Feil doesn’t kill for money. He kills for the sport and chase. Feil isn’t a bounty hunter. He’s just a hunter. You’d be better off knowing that. *He tromps away.*

Odion: ....Odd.

Lalmeyde: We better watch out for our own necks as well. Higher bounty means that the competition will be so bad that we may get bounty hunters targeting us.

Odion: Damn.

Lalmeyde: How soon can you get that thing you’re working on done?

Odion: A week at best.

Lalmeyde: ...Then we’ll have to root for the Hexblade’s survival for a while.

Odion: Still, he’ll have to stand up to the ripper.

Lalmeyde: Which will be difficult for anyone.

*Begnion. Atop of a building.*

Feil: *A man in jeans, a black shirt, and a leather jacket sits. He has two guns. One in each hand. His hair is slicked back and he wears sunglasses.* Woo. Can’t wait for the Hexblade to show up. It’s kinda boring just sitting around waiting. *He twirls his guns.* Man.....well, at least the sun is coming up.

*Serenes Forest. An alarm goes off.*

Freohr: *She sits up in her bed.* Woahwhawhowhat!? Oh...time to get up. *She gets out of bed and starts getting ready. She stops and looks in a mirror.* Sigh. It’s hard being the Princess’ servant. No matter how well she treats me.

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Pirates.