A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

Sorry. This one is really lame. I had a bad case of writer's block. The next one should be better.

Next Episode: Pirates.

*Ocelot hangs by his ankles snoozing soundlessly. Without warning a bucket of water splashes on his face.*

Ocelot: PPPFFT!!! *He flinches in suprise.* What the fucking hell!?!?

Hexblade: *Him, Bizz, and Zero look up at Ocelot.* I’ll be dammed Zero, you could hit him with that bucket of water from here.

Zero: Sure can.

Ocelot: ._____. Geeze......I know I’m their captive and everything, but do they have to degrade me this much?

Hexblade: Anyway, let’s get back to training.

Zero: O_O Training!?

Hexblade: Of course. This isn’t some cruise liner. You’ll be working. Prepare your weapons. *He draws two swords.*

Zero: *He draws his sword.* I’m ready.

Bizz: *She follows suit.* Same here.

Hexblade: Give me a minute.

Zero: Huh?

Hexblade: *He tosses one of his swords in the air. Ocelot comes falling down.*

Ocelot: OOF.

Hexblade: He’ll be joining us.

Zero: Really? Why?

Bizz: ??

Ocelot: You idiot! Now that I’m free, I can finally get out of here!

Hexblade: Fine. Go right ahead.

Ocelot: *He looks around the ship as it sails on the open sea.* ......Training it is then...

Hexblade: Alright, here’s how it will work. Zero and Ocelot will spar together, and then Bizz and I shall spar. You two go first.

Zero: Piece of cake!

Ocelot: .....I’m gonna need my knife back you know...

Hexblade: *Tosses him his knife.* Here.

Ocelot: ......*He fiddles with the knife and takes a stance.* Ready when you are.

Zero: *He charges first and swings.* HAH!

Ocelot: *The blade strikes inches from his foot.* Hm. All that effort and you missed.

Zeor: O_o

Bizz: o_O

Hexblade: ......

Ocelot: *He twirls his dagger again.* Wanna try again?

Zero: <_< Oh shove it. *He swings upward, and misses again.* What!?

Ocelot: Man....you suck. Maybe I should try attacking first?

Zero: *Flustered and frustrated.* GAH! *He starts swinging wildly, missing each time.*

Ocelot: *With high speed he slaps one of Zero’s wild swings aside with his knife and holds the blade to Zero’s throat.* Gotcha.

Zero: Huh!? B-b-but-!

Hexblade: Interesting. Looks like Ocelot won Zero.

Zero: O_____O B-b-b-but-!

Ocelot: *He draws the knife away from Zero’s throat. Then he turns back to Hexblade.* You gonna tie me back up again?

Hexblade: Not yet. If you can behave, I’ll let you stay loose. One wrong move and you’ll be hanging from the mast again though.

Ocelot: Fine. *He goes to the edge of the ship.*

Hexblade: Your turn Bizz. *He draws one blade.*

Bizz: Okay....

Hexblade: After you.

Bizz: *She swings horizontally. Hexblade blocks it.* Rgh....

Hexblade: Hm. Good. Not too bad.

Ocelot: *Interrupts them.* Hey! What’s that over there?

Hexblade: *Looks to where Ocelot is pointing.* Hm. It’s another ship. They’re moving pretty fast....And towards us.

Zero: *Still sulking after his defeat.* Is that a problem?

Hexblade: Who can tell? Shall we continue Bizz?

Bizz: Uh...yeah sure....

*The two of them continue their training as Ocelot watches the ship in the distance, and Zero continues to sulk.*

*A top a high tower in Begnion.*

Feil: *He sits in the pouring rain, still waiting for the ship to arrive.* Man....is this ever boring. *He covers his guns with his jacket as to avoid them from rusting. He leans back and runs his fingers through his hair.* Sigh.....

*A workshop. Odion is working on one of his bolts as Lalmeyde walks in.*

Lalmeyde: Here’s what you asked for. *He drops a bag on the desk Odion is working on.*

Odion: Thanks.

Lalmeyde: We’re running out of time.

Odion: We were always running out of time. Now we’re just closing in on the due date.

Lalmeyde: ......How much longer will this take?

Odion: Maybe a day or two. No more than three.

Lalmeyde: .....Damn...

Odion: I’m sure we’ll make it. Don’t worry Lal. I won’t let you down.

Lalmeyde: I worry every time you say that.

Odion: Hah!

*The ship.*

Hexblade: *He stands over Bizz, who is on the ground, panting and sweating.* Hm. That ship seems to be closing in on us. *He turns his attention back to Bizz and offers a hand.* Here. Good job Bizz.

Bizz: Thanks....

Nasir: *He walks on the deck.* Hexblade, I’m sure you’ve noticed the ship by now.

Hexblade: Yup.

Nasir: Well, it turns out that they’re pirates. Which explains why they’re headed for us.

Hexblade: Interesting....

Nasir: Er. How so?

Hexblade: *Ignoring Nasir’s question.* Ocelot, Bizz, Zero, listen up.

*The three of them stare at Hexblade.*

Hexblade: How long till we make contact with them?

Nasir: Three minutes.

Hexblade: Make their trip a little easier. Sail towards them.

Nasir: Er. Are you sure?

Hexblade: Yes. *Nasir goes to make arrangements. Hexblade then addresses the three of them again.* Instead of continuing with our training, we’re going to do some field exercises.

Zero: So....we’re going to be fighting the pirates?

Hexblade: Yep.

Bizz: Are we sure they aren’t Bounty Hunters?

Hexblade: I can tell.

Ocelot: Sounds fun?

*Two minute later, the pirates are within earshot.*

Pirate Leader: YAR HAR HO! Give us yer stuff and then we go!

Hexblade: Why don’t you just go now? You’ll save us all some trouble.

Pirate: Let me get em boss! *He takes a rope and swings across to the other boat.*

Zero: *The pirate comes near him, and Zero kicks the pirate, sending him flying backwards. Moron.

Pirate: WOAH!!! *He crashes into some fellow pirates.*

Pirate leader: OI! YOU’VE MADE US ANGRY NAO!!!!

*Another few minutes later. The four of them are on the Pirate’s ship. Hexblade addresses the tied up Pirate leader.*

Hexblade: We’re gonna let you go now. The direction you’re headed in is Goldoa, they’ll probably be nice to you.

Pirate Leader: I’M SORRY!!!!!

Hexblade: I know you are. *He hops back onto Nasir’s ship as they part with the pirates.* Alright, let me comment on how you all did. Bizz:

Bizz: Y-yes?

Hexblade: You fought very nervously. Try to loosen up a bit when fighting. You’re putting your life at more risk when you worry about losing it. We can work on that together. Other than that, you did very well.

Bizz: Thanks...

Hexblade: Ocelot.

Ocelot: Yeah?

Hexblade: You did an overall good job. Though you seemed to want the enemy to come to you. Sometimes you have to make the first move.

Ocelot: Got it.

Zero: And me? *He looked eagerly.*

Hexblade: I’m not sure. You obviously didn’t get yourself killed. But there was something off by the way you fight. Can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, training is over. Take the rest of the day off.

Zero: O________O *He goes into the corner and sulks.*

Bizz: Zero.....

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Arrival.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Ah, I've longed for this chapter!

lol, me too.

You know that part at the end when you tell me how I did? Your answer is exactly how I play FE lol, thanks for the advice!

BTW: Not a bad chapter at all. :)

Edited by FEFL

o hai

Sorry I haven't been reading ;_;

I was working on mine and biology haets me and I've been reading a shitload of books and it's fun

But yey so far

I... actually do see myself as a nervous fighter :'D

Yay! An update! Awesome chapter Lyle! when do I show up? XD

Thanks.

You show up around the time we get to Serenes.

Don't feel too bad. Myself, Arc and Masu don't show up for a looooong time.

And Damon doesn't show up at all.

New Episode: Arrival.

*Nighttime on the boat. Zero sits staring at the sky.*

Zero: Man......

Hexblade: Can’t sleep?

Zero: *Looks above him to see Hexblade standing on the edge of the boat.* Woah! Er. Yeah....Ocelot’s making it really hard to sleep with his snoring. <_<

Hexblade: That’s not all is it?

Zero: ......

Hexblade: You’ll be fine. You just need more training.

Zero: But-

Hexblade: There’s something wrong with your style. Something off about it. Once I figure it out, it will stop holding you back. Then you’ll have nowhere to go but up. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Zero: ......Okay....

Hexblade: We’ll be arriving in Begnion in the morning. Get some sleep. *He walks inside.*

Zero: ........

*Morning. The ship arrives in a Begnion port. The group is heading off the ship.*

Bizz: Shouldn’t we help Captain Nasir out?

Hexblade: Yes. *He keeps moving.*

Ocelot: *Shrugs and follows Hexblade off the ship.*

Bizz: You okay Zero?

Zero: Yeah....Let’s keep up with them. *He runs after Ocelot and Hexblade. Bizz follows.*

*The port is slightly empty and unactive.*

Hexblade: Hm. It’s not that early is it?

Zero: What’s wrong?

Hexblade: Nothing. It just seems sorta dead here. Oh well.

*They walk a little further. Still the place is very quiet.*

Ocelot: Holy shit!

Zero: What? *They turn to where Ocelot is pointing to see a very large crater in the ground. The cobblestone is twisted and shattered in the area.*

Bizz: What the hell did that? A meteor?

Hexblade: That would be the logical way of thinking. But the meteor isn’t here itself. *He looks up.* Hm. Curious.

Zero: Someone probably took it. It might be worth a decent amount of money. Plus it might explain why there’s no one around.

Bizz: How so?

Zero: Well if someone found a meteorite, others would probably see what that person was gonna do with it. So-

Hexblade: That’s not it.

Zero: Huh? Why not.

Hexblade: Something big happened here.

Bizz: What do you mean?

Hexblade: Here’s your people. *The other three walk around the corner to see an alleyway full of corpses.*

Bizz: *squeals in shock and horror.*

Ocelot: Man.....

Hexblade: Ocelot. Run back and tell Captain Nasir of this. Zero, Bizz, stay close.

Ocelot: Got it.*He runs back towards the ship.*

Zero: What’s going on?

Hexblade: If I’m right-

???: FINALLY!!!

*The three turn to see the location of the voice. Feil the Ripper walks toward them.*

Zero: Who’re you?

Hexblade: Probably the cause of this.

Feil: That’s right. I got bored waiting for you so I had a little warmup. *He points his guns at Hexblade.* Ready to go? *He starts shooting the ground rapidly heading towards them.*

Hexblade: Shit! *He grabs Bizz and Zero and pulls them behind a corner just in time.

Zero: *Panting.* What the hell are those?! *The bullets still resounding in the air.

Hexblade: It’s called a gun. Those particular ones are called ‘Sub Machine guns.’

Bizz: A what?!

Hexblade: I’ll explain later.

Feil: *The bullets stop for a second.* Oh. By the way. My name is Feil the ripper. I’m here to kill you Hexblade. *The bullets start up again.*

Hexblade: <_< I hadn’t noticed. *He addresses Bizz and Zero.* Listen. Stay here. I’ll handle him.

Zero: Woah! Wait! You gonna handle that all on your own!? Are you nuts?!

Hexblade: *His aura is more vibrant now, as his six blades unsheathe themselves.* Trust me. I’ll be fine. *The six blades start spinning in front of Hexblade and slice the air which makes a sound much like a saw. Hexblade runs out into the barrage of bullets. Bizz and Zero make an attempt to stop him, but their protests are lost in the sound created by the bullets ricocheting off of the blades.*

Feil: Well! Finally decided to come out? Cool. *He stops shooting with one gun and slicks his hair back, then adjusts his sunglasses.* Keep it coming Hexblade!

Hexblade: *He starts running towards Feil, his blades still spinning at high speed to block the bullets.*

Feil: Er. Not that fast. *He starts backing up. But with insane speed Hexblade flips around and slashes at Feil’s right side.* Oh shit! *He dodges.*

Hexblade: What? You thought it would be a simple ‘Point, shoot, kill’ job to kill The Hexblade. There’s a reason that the price on my head is so high Feil.

Feil: .....You kidding? I’m not in this for the money. The fact that you’re so hard to kill.....*he reloads his guns.* is what makes me want to kill you! *He starts shooting Hexblade again.*

Hexblade: *Almost on instinct the blades return to their spinning and blocking of the bullets.* So, while we’re standing here, tell me who the person who put the bounty up is?

Feil: *He laughs.* Why the hell should I tell you that? But I will correct you. It’s not just one guy. It’s a group of people. They have enough power to probably kill you themselves, but they’re busy with something big.

Hexblade: *The two of them talk as if the swords and bullets don’t exist.* What exactly?

Feil: Dunno. I’m just a bounty hunter. The only reason I know that is because I snooped around.

*Bizz and Zero peek around the corner to see what’s happening.*

Hexblade: What are their names?

Feil: Psht. Like I’ll tell you. You’ll probably be killed before you get to meet them. And if not, you’ll find out when they kill ya.

Hexblade: I see. Well I guess we’re done here. *He charges again. This time he gets down low, and two of the blades stop spinning and get into a piercing position.

Feil: Uh-oh! *He continues to shoot at Hexblade while backing up into another alleyway.*

Hexblade: *He jumps into the air. Feil tries to follow his path but Hexblade moves too fast and swings down with two blades.*

Feil: *He jumps back and manages to avoid the blades. He then points at Hexblade with his guns.*

Hexblade; *He crouches low to the ground and two blades cover his body from the bullets. While the other are poised to attack.*

Bizz: *Peeking around the corner with Zero.* Looks like he got him.

Zero: Yeah. Hexblade’s pretty amazing. But we gotta stay back.

Feil: Hm....This doesn’t look good....*He pulls the triggers of his guns. The guns both make a clicking sound and nothing comes out.* And this look even worse....

Hexblade: *His body relaxes. The two blades stop spinning as he stands up fully. Then the six blades surround Hexblade.* Looks like it’s over for you.

Feil: It certainly seems that way......

Hexblade: *He walks towards Feil.* I’ll make it quick for you.

Feil: It’s hard to believe my life is gonna end this way......

Hexblade: Its a shame. You’re a pretty good shot.

Feil: I probably should have planned ahead to make sure this didn’t happen....

Hexblade: *He stands a few feet away from Feil.* Any last words?

Zero: He’s got em.

Bizz: *She sighs in relief.*

Feil: *He talks to himself.* ‘Planned ahead’... Oh yeah! I did. *He flips open his jacket and a shotgun on a spring points directly at Hexblade.*

Hexblade: !!!

Bizz: !!!

Zero: !!!

Feil: *He smirks. A shotgun blast resounds in the air.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Friendly Welcoming.

This is getting intresting! :D

Lol. If I had a penny for everytime you say that about a story of mine....

.........Well I'd probably have 15 cents. But that's still a lot of times. Lol

Feil: *He talks to himself.* ‘Planned ahead’... Oh yeah! I did. *He flips open his jacket and a shotgun on a spring points directly at Hexblade.*

Hexblade: !!!

Bizz: !!!

Zero: !!!

Feil: *He smirks. A shotgun blast resounds in the air.*

GREAT CHAPTER!!

He better not have died <_< (Obviously a joke lol...he didn't die right? :( )

Edited by FEFL

Finally I could read it! Saw it in the morning, but had a buss to catch.

That end was scary! First, I didn't want that guy Feil to die, and then... This is getting even more exciting!

When will the next chapter come? I can't wait!

Edited by xanatha

To answer Xanantha's question; right now:

New Episode: Friendly Welcoming.

*The shot resounds in the air still as a spurt of blood clouds the clarity of what actually happened from Bizz and Zero.*

Bizz: Hexblade! Are you okay!?

Hexblade: RGH. *He clutches his right arm with his left hand as the blades in the air impale themselves in the ground. His stance falters and he gets down on one knee.*

Feil: Huh. *He takes the shotgun out of his coat and points it at Hexblade’s skull.* A little off in my math, but that didn’t turn out too badly. *He cocks the gun.*

Hexblade: *One of the blades moves swiftly and slashes wildly at Feil.*

Feil: Whoops! *He dodges the blade and steps back a few feet.* Huh. *He runs back and out of sight, giving Hexblade a chance to recuperate. Bizz and Zero run over to Hexblade.*

Zero: Are you okay?

Hexblade: Ugh...I’m gonna feel that for a while. *He gets up as blood streams from his right arm. He quickly takes off his coat and tears a sleeve to wrap it around his wound. His right arm is limp.*

Bizz: How are you able to not be screaming!?

Hexblade: Trust me. Right now I want to curl up in a ball and cry and scream my head off, but my aura managed to slow the bullet, so it didn’t shatter my bone. Mostly my arm is just in severe shock. Mind you I should get some help soon, but Feil is probably planning a good shot on me as we speak. Just stay back and I’ll take care of him. *He starts running, grabs one blade with his left hand as the other blades start following him. His right arm still limp.*

Zero: .....That’s one tough dude.....

Bizz: No kidding.....

Hexblade: *He turns a few corners, looking for Feil. Three of his blades trailing behind him, while the other two do the same spin as before. After one corner, another shotgun blast goes off, hitting a wall near Hexblade. He then recedes back behind the corner.*

Feil: *From around the corner.* How’s your arm there buddy?

Hexblade: Pretty bad. How’s your shirt?

Feil: It kinda sucks. I liked this shirt a lot. It’s gonna take a while to get your blood out.

Hexblade: Heh. Mind if I ask you something?

Feil: Shoot. *He shoots again for comedic affect, the blast hitting the wall in front of Hexblade.*

Hexblade: You don’t have anymore of those nasty tricks do ya? Cause that one hurt. A lot.

Feil: I might. But most of them are probably set to kill you in one shot. You got lucky there.

Hexblade: Tell that to the pain in my arm.

Feil: Come around the corner and I can make it all go away.

Hexblade: That’s a nice offer, but you’re full of shit. *He looks around to see if there was anything he could use. He then stares at the wall behind him.*

Feil: You asked.

Hexblade: *The five swords floating around Hexblade stab into the wall behind him in a fashion that he uses them to hop onto the roof. He quietly walks along the roof and watches Feil.*

Feil: So, you gonna come around the corner yet? Or what? I could always come to you if you’d rather not.

Hexblade: *He stops walking and crouches, poised over Feil like a panther ready to strike. In his left hand his one blade, and around him the other five blades.*

Feil: .....You still a live over there?

Hexblade: *Jumps off the roof, ricochets off the other wall and slashes at Feil.*

Feil: Holy shit! *Clearly not expecting this, in surprise he fires off another shot, which misses Hexblade entirely. He backs into the wall behind him.*

Hexblade: Got you! *He swings down with the blade in his left hand, as three blades move to strike Feil from the left, and two from the right.*

Feil: *Without thinking, he jumps into Hexblade, who loses his grip on his one sword, and the other five slash the wall. He looks back on the event as he sits on top of Hexblade.* Phew. That was close.

Hexblade: *He moves to grab his sword.*

Feil: *He cocks his gun.*

Hexblade: *The swords which slashed the wall point at Feil, as he brings the other sword in his hand to Feil’s throat.*

Feil: *He points the gun at Hexblade’s face.*

*A moment of silence occurs between the two.*

Hexblade: Well.....look at what happened here.

Feil: Yup. I shoot you, you stab me, you stab me, I shoot you. So. How are we gonna do this one?

Hexblade: Well, I have those other two that I can tell to come over here. You move the gun away from me, and I have free range to stab you, while if you keep the gun pointed at me, they can come over here and hack your head off.

Feil: True. But I might have one or two things hidden up my sleeve that could kill you now.

Hexblade: Hm. Well, what say we make a deal?

Feil: Whatcha have in mind?

Hexblade: Well, I’ll move my swords away from behind you, you get up without shooting me, and we’ll both walk away from this enclosure with our heads intact. Then we can get back to fighting.

Feil: Sounds fair.

*The both of them comply with their deal honorably.*

Hexblade: You ready?

Feil: Yup.

Hexblade: Okay.

Feil: *He turns swiftly to blast Hexblade with another shotgun bullet.*

Hexblade: *Two of the blades slice the barrel of the shotgun.* Heh. Now I really have gotten you. *The other three blades are poised behind Feil, all ready to stab him.*

Feil: *He drops the shotgun and pulls a revolver out of his sleeve. He shoots.*

Hexblade: *He dodges.* How many guns do you have?!?!

Feil: Plenty! *He starts running away again.*

Hexblade: *He calmly walks in the other direction, where Bizz and Zero have been following.* Phew. What a pain in the ass.

Zero: This fight is giving me a heart attack....

Hexblade: Give YOU a heart attack?!

Bizz: Are you sure you’ll be okay on your own?

Hexblade: Well considering the hole in my arm, no. But don’t worry about me. You two keep safe for now. This guy will only kill me, but he won’t take mercy on you if you get in the way.

Zero: We can’t just stand here!

Hexblade: Just stop it! I’ve had years of experience with this sort of thing, and you kids haven’t even been to the planes! At this point, you two would just be a liability!

Bizz: *She’s taken aback by this, and she gets gloomy.*

Zero: *Opposite to Bizz’s reaction, he starts yelling at Hexblade.* What the fuck are these planes that you keep talking about!?! And what the hell is wrong with you!? We’re trying to help you!!

Hexblade: The best way you can help me right now is if you stay out of the way!

Zero; Things were perfectly fine before we met you! Now we’re involved with all sorts of shit, and it’s all your fault!

Hexblade: I’m trying to help you! I’m helping this whole world! This is a lot bigger than you and me!

Zero: Why the hell should we believe you?! You haven’t told us anything!!!

Hexblade: Just–!

Feil: *He stands a few feet away from them, holding his apparently re-loaded sub-machine guns.* Um. I’d hate to interrupt. *He starts shooting.*

Hexblade: *He stands in front of Bizz and Zero and uses his blades to block the barrage.* Dammit!

Zero: If you’re going to force us to travel with you, then you better tell us what the hell is going on!

Hexblade: Fine! But now is not the time!*Still blocking the bullets.*

Zero: Agreed.

Feil: *He stops the barrage.* Listen, you can save us all the trouble Hexblade if you just surrender. I can take you back with me alive, I can save on bullets, you can let these kids live their lives. Everyone wins. Well, till you get killed by the Gallilean Warriors.

Hexblade: ‘Gallilean Warriors’?

Feil: O_o Shit...

Hexblade: Oh well. *He sheathes the blade in his left hand. The other blades drop and surround Hexblade.*

Feil: Hm? What are you doing? You actually taking the offer?

Hexblade: No. But the fight is over.

Feil: Huh? *Hexblade motions with his head. Feil looks up to see a white dragon staring him down.* Oh.....Shit...

Nasir: *He blasts Feil with a fully powered dragon breath which lasts for several seconds before he finally stops and transforms. Ocelot and Nasir stand at the edge of a crater, in which there is no trace of Feil the ripper.* I suppose we made it in time?

Hexblade: Not really. *He rubs his arm.*

Ocelot: What happened there?

Hexblade: Long story. I’ll tell you later. For now we should probably get out of here. Nasir, can you explain the situation to the apostle should she ask? She knows you better than us, and we need to get moving.

Nasir: Of course.

Zero: ....You gonna tell us who you really are?

Hexblade: Yeah. But, can it wait till we get to Serenes? Even if you decide not to travel with me we’re still going in the same direction, and I’ll deal with any bounty hunters.

Zero: Is that okay with you Bizz?

Bizz: ....Yeah...

Zero: Okay. Let’s go then.

Hexblade: Alright. We’ll probably find someone there who can help me with my arm. I’m starting to get the feeling back already. It’s not too bad.

Ocelot: ....Doesn’t anyone care what I think?

*The four of them run off as Nasir leaves the scene.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Serenes Forest.

Wow, that was quick!

O, I was really worried about Hexblade! I never thought the bullet would actually hit him! I was freakin scared during the whole chapter!

You really awake feeling, Lyle!

Wow, that was quick!

O, I was really worried about Hexblade! I never thought the bullet would actually hit him! I was freakin scared during the whole chapter!

You really awake feeling, Lyle!

Lol. This was one of those chapters that once I started writing, the words pretty much flowed.

Unlike the last episode that I could come up with one word an hour at best.

And I wasn't really sure what to do with it too. I was like: "Well, the obvious method would be to have him die. But I can't have that. It wouldn't be very natural if he survived a shot to the stomach, or at least he wouldn't be able to fight. And him missing, kinda ruins the point of a the trap." So I shot him in the arm and used the excuse of aura which you guys have a very loose understanding of to keep him injured, but still somewhat realistic.

Lol.

Lol. This was one of those chapters that once I started writing, the words pretty much flowed.

Unlike the last episode that I could come up with one word an hour at best.

And I wasn't really sure what to do with it too. I was like: "Well, the obvious method would be to have him die. But I can't have that. It wouldn't be very natural if he survived a shot to the stomach, or at least he wouldn't be able to fight. And him missing, kinda ruins the point of a the trap." So I shot him in the arm and used the excuse of aura which you guys have a very loose understanding of to keep him injured, but still somewhat realistic.

Lol.

Good that this chapter was that easy to write. And still, it was good.

And I'm warning you: DON'T YOU DARE LET HEXBLADE DIE!

It's not a threat, just... Please, he mustn't die!

Good that this chapter was that easy to write. And still, it was good.

And I'm warning you: DON'T YOU DARE LET HEXBLADE DIE!

It's not a threat, just... Please, he mustn't die!

Lol. Fangirl?

When main characters die, it actually makes a story that more interesting... --

I didn't say anything. Who told you that?

And yaaay new chapter, I read it, and awww, I got sad