Allusions to FE7?

lancerusso

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the thing in her eye not relevant at all, mark my words

Back in the day, people said the same thing when it showed Emmeryn's tear fall down and it showed Akaneia for a split second. I remember quite a bit of people saying that it didn't mean much, and it "didn't even look like Akaneia" for a while. While I for one, agree that this probably means nothing, I can also see why others think it does look like FE7's opening. But we'll have to wait and see for now.

Edited by Jagen

*reads thread* It's like watching Valve fans "confirm" Half-Life 3.

It's fun ain't it? Or like the wait for ORAS to be announced that every little detail of X&Y was scrutinized for HOENN CONFIRMED.

So, on-topic:

Icy Setting Confirmed = Ilia

Desert Setting Confirmed = Nabata/that place with the dragons whose name escapes me at this moment

Eastern Setting Confirmed = Sacae, maybe? But unlikely

Dragon and Ninianesque dancer = Aenir maybe?

The only relation I see to Ninian is that she's a dancer and may or may not have a dragon stone. It would be strange to have her be a descendant of Ninian with those gold/yellow eyes. IIRC nobody in the Elibeverse except for the Morphs had gold eyes.

Maybe this new game is related to Elibe, but I think any evidence presented thus far is quite the stretch.

[09:31:09] BwdYeti: guys I found even better evidence

BSFE is FE5 or whatever and shoves all the other numbers up, so this game is FE15

the elibe games shoved up are FE7 and FE8

FE7+8=15 elibe confirmed

(i'd be hyped for elibe tbh)

The only relation I see to Ninian is that she's a dancer and may or may not have a dragon stone. It would be strange to have her be a descendant of Ninian with those gold/yellow eyes. IIRC nobody in the Elibeverse except for the Morphs had gold eyes.

Maybe this new game is related to Elibe, but I think any evidence presented thus far is quite the stretch.

This got me thinking a bit more about the Aenir theory...

Maybe Nergal purposefully made the eyes gold, to look like Aenir, if that's who it is.

Also, there were a few Elibian's with gold eyes. Guenivere pops to mind.

If it's a sequel/prequel to FE6/7, you can paint me happy.

I can kinda see what you're saying with the eye thing. Kinda. I think the blatant Ninian expyness of her is a bit more notable.

That said, they zoomed in on her eye for a reason, so I guess that's as good as any.I don't see anything pointing to Magvel.... but I see Elibe

If it's a prequel, the dancer girl can be Aenir. Idk.

EDIT: Oops, didn

t read on. Sorry.

Edited by Kage the Cat

So, I'm the only one who thought of the Ending Winter after seeing all the messed up island ? It's sure fit the description of having the law of physics completely distorted. This, plus all the other thing which was already pointed make me really think this new game is really related to Elibe is some way... Maybe the new continent will be just called the Dark Continent or something

So, I'm the only one who thought of the Ending Winter after seeing all the messed up island ? It's sure fit the description of having the law of physics completely distorted. This, plus all the other thing which was already pointed make me really think this new game is really related to Elibe is some way... Maybe the new continent will be just called the Dark Continent or something

Oh yes. Derp. This was something I'd completely forgotten to say. Just having the Legendary Weapons of Elibe not sealed and in their shrines for too long can cause reality to warp iirc.

So what if we have a similar situation in future Elibe (or another world), where a domestic war forces a side to dig up the treasures and cause cataclysm..?

My first thought when I saw the fragmented island world was the outrealm gate- we didn't see anything so Pokemon Plantinum in Awakening, but I always imagined it to be somewhat like that

Edited by lancerusso

I think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't be too surprised. The similarities could easily be coincidence, but Awakening revisited Akaneia, the first FE's world, so perhaps this could be revisiting Elibe, the first worldwide FE world.

Wasn't there something that mentioned that this takes place in a new world? Either way, I wouldn't be complaining. Elibe's my most favorite FE continent even to this day. If it DOES take place on Elibe, however, I'm seriously hoping that a certain Sephiroth-resembling Divine Dragon Manakete makes an appearance in some way. Edited by Just call me AL

The developers said that Awakening took place in a new world too (or at least, I thought they did). Of course, that was a lie...

Edited by Anacybele

(i'd be hyped for elibe tbh)

"Long after Roy defeated Bern, the Lycia league fully united and became rooted in a more oriental culture, while the remnants of Bern decided to become even more imperial. This is their stories.."

Now that I read this thread, Marx kind of reminds me of Zephiel. Maybe just because of the circlet and hair color though. I doubt we are seeing an old setting as much as I would love to revisit Magvel or Elibe, but I'm happy with an entirely new one though.

So, I have watched the teaser through the eShop again (It's in a much better quality, every Wii U owner should check here), and there is definitely thing which look like weapon (I'm pretty sure I can see a lance and big sword here) circling around in the background, and then we can see clearly 4 strangely shaped thing circling a bigger thing, which seems to be the source of a fire. The plot thickens !

So, I have watched the teaser through the eShop again (It's in a much better quality, every Wii U owner should check here), and there is definitely thing which look like weapon (I'm pretty sure I can see a lance and big sword here) circling around in the background, and then we can see clearly 4 strangely shaped thing circling a bigger thing, which seems to be the source of a fire. The plot thickens !

I did not know this was a thing. I will stick my Wii U on on the morrow and confirm this. With images if I can. :D

Couldn't see anything clearly. Aw well.

FURTHER NEW REVELATIONS:

Water droplet noise at the end. FE7 starts with that very same motif

B7lL-EYIEAACicQ.png

This thing?

The three colours.

Red, Blue, Green. Eliwood, Hector, Lyn.

ELIBE CONFIRMED!!!11!!!111!!!

*is shot*

Edited by lancerusso

• 2 weeks later...

It was at the end of the Japanese trailer for FEif, the logo splits into those colors for a moment.

Huh.

I think it has more to do with those three being the primary colors of light, though. Since there's white when all three cross, yellow, magenta, and cyan when specific pairs cross, etc.

Green is not a primary color though. Red, blue, and yellow are the primary colors. Green, purple, and orange are secondary.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like this is an Elibe game. Sigh...

As I recall, during the Nintendo Direct, they specifically announced that this game has no ties to any title in the series, which makes sense given that the writer has no experience writing for the series. If they wanted someone to pen, say, another chapter in the Elibe titles, one would think they would go with someone more familiar with the source material, that being Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi if that were true. The only piece of evidence that I can think of that would support this is that in the Elibe Fire Emblem saga, the Fire Emblem, as shown in Hasha No Tsurugi, also appears to be a necklace, though if there any similarities between this and the one in the trailer, I have yet to see them.

Of course, I also recall an old post I made on the GT forums when Awakening was announced in which I correctly guessed the game took place on the continent of Akaneia based on pre-release screenshots in comparison to Shadow Dragon's landscape, so perhaps this is just a stylistic choice. Either way, there is very little in this one trailer, to say nothing of the statement of this game being separate from other Fire Emblem titles, to support this game being connected in any way to Rekka no Ken, Fuuin No Tsurugi or Hasha No Tsurugi.

Green is not a primary color though. Red, blue, and yellow are the primary colors. Green, purple, and orange are secondary.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like this is an Elibe game. Sigh...

You're confusing the primary colors of pigment with the primary colors of light.

The ones you listed are the primary and secondary colors of pigment. You know, paints and stuff.

The primary and secondary colors of light are different. The primaries are red, green, and blue and the secondaries are cyan, yellow, and magenta. IIRC, that is.