The Support System

Anacybele

My favourite option would be FE10's anyone-with-anyone supports without conversations, along with a separate, returning Info system, with special conversations available to certain characters in certain support relationships. That way, you can put any two characters together for gameplay purposes, so you don't have to feel like your main team is hindered by your favourite characters' few support options, and it allows for the kind of in-depth conversations that the GBA games and Path of Radiance had.

I've recommended this in other threads but I would like a system that's affected by in game actions. I like that you can do supports with virtually everyone, but in this game, it should be limited based on the actions of the game. For example, if Kamui were to recruit the enemy brother of a unit, he can get an S support with that unit, but loses respect of a more nationalistic unit, limiting that support to a B. Or Kamui can choose to attack a castle of enemies or defend an ally's castle, attacking gets her an S support available to the Cain archetype, but defending gets an S support available to the Abel archetype.

This way all supports are in theory possible, but you can develop supports with different types of conversations. Also, supports can contain the events of the game, depending on the conversation and relationship. This would also allow for C conversations to be surface level, B conversations to be getting to know the person, A conversations about having romantic feelings and S conversations about falling in love. Considering the game is going to be all about choice, this would also tie nicely into the theme of the game.

Actually, this sounds cool.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound really cool, but it seems really messy for the long run. I suppose if it only affected Kamui it wouldn't be too difficult though, and at least would probably make him seem like more of an avatar. And I definitely hope no more children, and a more even mix of supports when it comes to the genders available. Awakening was kind of excessive in terms of support number in general. Just one generation seems like it'd work out better from a gameplay standpoint and support standpoint really.