SF Tourney Goers Support Thread/Social Thread

Jedi

Well, here's some youtube videos of my bracket matches, instead of just Twitch past broadcasts.

Also I wanted to bump this thread to encourage more people from here to go to tournaments. And do work. Yeah.

Thanks to DJTHED (a friend from another forum) for uploading them.
Zerker 50px-RoyHeadVioletSSB4-U.png vs DtD | Pferschaw 50px-FoxHeadPurpleSSB4-U.png
Zerker 50px-LinkHeadBlueSSB4-U.png / 50px-RoyHeadVioletSSB4-U.png vs Grimlock 50px-DiddyKongHeadSSB4-U.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comeback in game 2 with Link was sick

I want to start doing tournaments. I'm the self-declared best Sm4sh player in Providence, RI. Self-declared because there is nowhere to play in Providence, RI.

There's things in Boston now and then but they usually conflict with my job. :(

Edited by Lynsanity

• 1 month later...

In a few weeks I'll be back up in EWA, able to go to more Blackwolf and events up there, Jamntoast has also said he may be taking a Carpool to the recently announced Genesis 3, so I may be there.

Although the previous Genesis was a tad infamous... http://www.ssbwiki.com/GENESIS_2

Edited by Jedi

I highly recommend you guys check out Genesis even if you're a casul. Great tourney, definitely good level up exp if you suck. Or just the social stuff of having an entire hotel floor full of smashers and having hotel doors open so people can just walk into a room if they want to play smash.

Just make good use of the hotel's safe and you should be good. I will be there.

I highly recommend you guys check out Genesis even if you're a casul. Great tourney, definitely good level up exp if you suck. Or just the social stuff of having an entire hotel floor full of smashers and having hotel doors open so people can just walk into a room if they want to play smash.

Just make good use of the hotel's safe and you should be good. I will be there.

For sure, It'd be cool to meet ya. You still going Link/Greninja?

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna go to SSS notable players who will be there include chudat, abate, Rudolph(#1 japanese marth). others notables that might show up include lucky, westballz, S2J, sfat, hugs, tafokints, j666 (one of the best link mains in the world), matt, and jace. basicly half of socal (one of the strogest if not the strongest melee regions) top 30 players

Edited by cnkern

Gonna go to SSS notable players who will be there include chudat, abate, Rudolph(#1 japanese marth). others notables that might show up include lucky, westballz, S2J, sfat, hugs, tafokints, j666 (one of the best link mains in the world), matt, and jace. basicly half of socal (one of the strogest if not the strongest melee regions) top 30 players

nice. If you can go to any Mayhems, you should try to go to those too.

i actually went to the last SSS, but i didn't get to play anybody of their caliber.

i went to a regional called Atlantic Extravaganza a week ago, where I did okay in smash 4 (was pitted against a Diddy, whom I don't know how to fight, and a Kirby, which is dumb for Falcon).

Edited by PichuMaster3000

nice. If you can go to any Mayhems, you should try to go to those too.

i actually went to the last SSS, but i didn't get to play anybody of their caliber.

i went to a regional called Atlantic Extravaganza a week ago, where I did okay in smash 4 (was pitted against a Diddy, whom I don't know how to fight, and a Kirby, which is dumb for Falcon).

probably not for awhile mayhem is an hour drive for me and i dont think my parents would like to drive for 4hours in 1 day for a videogame event. when i get a car i could probably go.

i should wear a SF tag.

Edited by cnkern

Yeah

(Didn't see this till now)

It's fine, also I'll be returning to Washington tomorrow, I may be at some Blackwolfs in the coming months including this one.

will see about going to genesis as well, since my uni smash club looks to be planning a trip of some sort to there

We can friendlies then.

PKL is going too I think.

not really

it just tends to happen

you'd win a game, then switch to someone else equally weird before I could figure out how to fight either :V

• 3 weeks later...

Tourney tomorrow (today). Apparently it's expected to draw ~100 people across three games (Maylay, PM, SSB4), although any one person can only enter two of the three events.

Not sure if I'll enter as Euklyd or something else. Like Fulminous Edge, which happens to shorten to FE. And also has to do with throwing lightning at people, which is always a plus.

Prooooobably gonna go solo Link, since I'm always hesitant about my Sheik. I would make a poll about what color to use but
a) y'all have fucking terrible opinions and
b) I have a color (and a Sheik color!) that I happen to like a lot thank you very much

Stream link isn't up yet but I'll make another post here when we get it.

Ouch sorry to hear that Euk.

Also at BW which I couldn't contend at... This happened

http://gfycat.com/UnsteadySevereDromaeosaur Verm is so good.

Also our Semi's were a Dorf vs a Mewtwo among other oddities.

http://www.twitch.tv/breadnbuttergames/v/18285731

Grand Finals if anyone wanted to see.

Edited by Jedi