Ban the User Above You

Splodge

Banned because, of the voice clips I listened to, Neptune's VA was actually my least favorite. She kind of reminded me of Peri.

Btw, are there dating sim aspects in Neptunia? Because each character has a "rejection" and "valentine" voice clip.

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because how dare yo-- I mean, Neptune's voice actress is actually the same person who voiced Maribelle.
Also, you need to listen to Japanese Neptune. Especially Purple Heart's voice is ❤️

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, are there dating sim aspects in Neptunia? Because each character has a "rejection" and "valentine" voice clip.

It doesn't. At least the mainline games don't. Why those clips are there, I have actually no clue.

Edited by DragonFlames

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because how dare yo-- I mean, Neptune's voice actress is actually the same person who voiced Maribelle.
Also, you need to listen to Japanese Neptune. Especially Purple Heart's voice is ❤️

It doesn't. At least the mainline games don't. Why those clips are there, I have actually no clue.

Hm. That's interesting. I would never have recognized her as Maribelle's VA. I'll check the other ones out as well.

--------

Banned because Nights of Azure's OST is excellent.

15 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

ENG Nep < JPN Nep, for me at least. I like the Japanese VA better. She's just cuter. And Purple Heart's voice is very pleasant to listen to, but very mature sounding to be coming from Neptune. My favorite is still probably Noire. Her delivery is especially adorable.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because you have excellent taste.

Banned because thank you.

--------------

Banned because okay.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

ENG Nep < JPN Nep, for me at least. I like the Japanese VA better. She's just cuter.

True.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And Purple Heart's voice is very pleasant to listen to, but very mature sounding to be coming from Neptune.

It is. Deliberately so, since Purple Heart's personality is almost the polar opposite of Nep's.
And I love it!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

My favorite is still probably Noire. Her delivery is especially adorable.

True again.

----

Banned for good tastes.

Banned because I have yet to understand why I like tsundere characters so much (when written well).

Banned also because it is very annoying when voicing an opinion gets you the third degree from someone who doesn't like your opinion (not you, of course).

Banned for banning me twice.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned also because it is very annoying when voicing an opinion gets you the third degree from someone who doesn't like your opinion (not you, of course).

Banned again because I agree with you.

Banned because voice acting is something that is hit or miss in a lot of games, but is one thing that the Neptunia games seem to have done very well, regardless of whether or not it's the English or Japanese VAs.

Banned because the English voice acting in Neptunia was really stiff in Re;Birth 1 (the remake of the very first game) and got gradually better until reaching excellence in MegaNep VII.
The Japanese VO was always great, though, and up until the aforementioned MegaNep VII (where I actually somewhat prefer the English voices), it was my go-to VO for these games.

All of this is just my own two cents on the matter, however.

Edited by DragonFlames

Banned because I'm mostly indifference to voice acting because....I don't really play video games anymore! 

*Lightning flashes in the background while Wraith maniacally laughs*