Force's Jugdral: a blind FE4/5 Screenshot LP

lonelyVoxel

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good question?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a rather questionable question...
    • OBJECTION!!!
    • Should I answer this question with a question?
  2. 2. How should I refer to Sigurd's son?

• Seliph
    • Serlis
    • Celice
    • Other spelling
  3. 3. Should I stop keeping track of re-move activations?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, Force, when you get around to starting Thracia, I highly recommend using all three save slots for the playthrough. If you screw up in a previous chapter that affects your future one, it'll help you out.

Will I ever need to save more than three chapters back?

I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to check the OP, are you using the site to look up recruitment requirements?

I haven't, since Gen 1 recruitment was easy. I'll try not to for the rest.

Will I ever need to save more than three chapters back?

Off the top of my head, there shouldn't be any, but I'd agree with momogeek about keeping multiple saves.

I haven't, since Gen 1 recruitment was easy. I'll try not to for the rest.

This'll be interesting, then.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I mostly said the 3 save slots thing because of the various dick moves Thracia pulls on you. You don't want to have to start the whole game over.

Pretty much. I've seen enough people fail the early Escape that I know what's coming there.

Work has started on the final update. Hopefully it will be out by June 17. The urge to play Splatoon is real...

I'm also looking to see if anyone is willing to create a banner for this LP. If anyone would like to, please PM me.

Edited by Forceman

We did it, reddit! Gather 'round, chicos, for the last of Gen 1.

Roxy.OS: 121 pages and 1,045 associated images. Are you ready?

[spoiler=Final Thoughts][spoiler=What I wrote directly after finishing Gen 1, completely unabridged]Cuando viste a la barbacoa...

Fuck. The bipolarity is insane. Maybe not bipolar, but two-facedness. I'm sure that my army could have taken them, but Reptor was hard to kill. It was a big stab in the back, though... All of Generation One, cooked to a golden brown. Or sepia. Or whatever that filter was. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!!! Raquel, Juan, God, Sir Digurd, Diergurd, Midayle X Adean as a yuri ship, OLD MAN POWER, the Sega sponsorship, the chill, the list goes on of things that were burned. Not just the people. Not just the units. Not just EXP. Not just politics. Only a world. An entire network of friends. Gone. This brings me into Thracia with the heaviest of hearts. FE4 Gen 1 is just the latest edition to games I wish I could forget so I could play them again and feel the same way. Just... Man. Force's Jugdral is only one third of the way done... Thanks for the memories, Gen 1. May your descendants do you justice.

Difficulty: C-

Overall, I feel like this was too easy. Most of the units you get are really good, and mooks simply aren't challenging. All bosses are doable as long as you don't screw yourself over, but Reptor is simply annoying. Maybe he's easier if you take him on with Tyrfing!Sigurd, Yewfelle!Briggid, or Holsety!Levin, but he doesn't seem like a very fair boss. Also, weight feels horribly unbalanced. I know that the weight system that most GBA players know well wasn't introduced until FE5, but I felt like if some sort of CON or Build stat was in this game things would be much more balanced, especially with Lance and Axe units.

Map design: B

Considering maps in this game are entire countries, they're done very well. However, there's wasted space at some times, and, as was the case in Chapters 2, 3, and 4, there were cases in which the next castle you're supposed to go to requires backtracking. The map designs or castle order certainly could have been altered in all of those chapters to make the chapters flow better.

Soundtrack: A

Each chapter having its own Player Phase, and in most cases Enemy Phase, music keeps the air from becoming stale. I especially liked Disturbance in Agustria, which I felt was one of the best and most fitting tracks in the game. The final chapter map music was very fitting in my opinion as well. The player attack music was upbeat enough not to become stale, but not so much with the enemy attack. Boss music was good as well, but not my favorite in the series.

Story: C-

So far I feel like there hasn't been much reason for things going on, but I feel like things will be fleshed out in the second generation.

Overall: B+

I've had quite a bit of fun with this so far, other than giving myself a huge backlog of updates to do. I'll have to see what the second generation has in store before I have my opinion set in stone about FE4.

I'll be gone from June 18th until July 14th. The week I get back I'll probably use to relax before starting Thracia. I'll likely make myself a schedule for updates once I get back, since being willy-nilly with Gen 1 updates simply didn't work well, at least I thought. I hope to get at least two chapters of updates per week, possibly three per week at the start due to relative shortness in the early part of the game. We'll see how it goes. If you have any questions at all you'd like to ask, ask them within the next two days before I head off. From future me, past me, Roxy.OS, and Sega, thank you for reading.

Disturbance in Augustria is one of my favorite tracks! Probably the track I listen to the most in FE4, in fact.

I haven't touched Thracia except for the small bit of intro (testing if I could read its Japanese). I do know some mechanics of Thracia. It's a different beast altogether.

Good luck with it and hope you're okay while you're gone.

So you're going to do Thracia and then forget how to play FE4 and then do terribly in that game, right?

Roxy.OS: That's a sound prediction.

Disturbance in Augustria is one of my favorite tracks! Probably the track I listen to the most in FE4, in fact.

I haven't touched Thracia except for the small bit of intro (testing if I could read its Japanese). I do know some mechanics of Thracia. It's a different beast altogether.

Good luck with it and hope you're okay while you're gone.

Let's just say FE5 will very likely have many more jabs at the script than Genealogy.

Oh God, Thracia... I don’t know much about it, but if its FoW mechanics say anything, prepare for the ride of your life.

I've seen Thracia FoW. I don't like that they don't even show you the terrain.

Oh, sorry. >_< However, I felt it was fitting for the last chapter to be in one update, but I mostly so I could actually get on it. I will be putting updates 1-6 into Google Docs at some point, So I'll consider breaking Update 20 up when I get to that.

[spoiler=MLG Reptor Strats]What I did with was RN burn with Noish at the home castle until Levin activated Adept, with a critical on one of the two attacks. A straight critical would have left him at 1HP.

Oh wow, lol. As you guessed, you're supposed to use Holsety, because those bonuses counteract Thorhammer's bonuses. Or use Tyrfing Sigurd, you probably know the ridiculous bonuses they give. Did you do the same strat for Langbart?

Btw, you actually encountered a little bug there, although one that's hard to notice unless you take a very close look at the stats of the Lenster army.

If Vylon dies, as has happened here, he actually becomes the leader of the Lenster knights instead of Quan. Because of this, not only do the Lenster knights not benefit from Quan's Leadership Stars but it also changes their AI.

This is why the Lance Knights charged at the Thracian Knights. Normally they are supposed to simply continue to move towards the enemy castle without directly attacking the Thracians.

I definitely prefer it the way it happened here since it allows the Lenster Knights to go down fighting and actually do at least some damage.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh wow, lol. As you guessed, you're supposed to use Holsety, because those bonuses counteract Thorhammer's bonuses. Or use Tyrfing Sigurd, you probably know the ridiculous bonuses they give. Did you do the same strat for Langbart?

Yeah. It's crazy that you can beat him with Elwind on Levin, though. If Levin had one more point of Mag, he would have one-shotted Reptor with a crit. For Langbart, I just used the Armorslayer on Beowulf =P

Btw, you actually encountered a little bug there, although one that's hard to notice unless you take a very close look at the stats of the Lenster army.

If Vylon dies, as has happened here, he actually becomes the leader of the Lenster knights instead of Quan. Because of this, not only do the Lenster knights not benefit from Quan's Leadership Stars but it also changes their AI.

This is why the Lance Knights charged at the Thracian Knights. Normally they are supposed to simply continue to move towards the enemy castle without directly attacking the Thracians.

I definitely prefer it the way it happened here since it allows the Lenster Knights to go down fighting and actually do at least some damage.

I feel like that was either unavoidable of they didn't catch it in beta testing. Either way, it certainly seems more honorable.

Between his mooks blocking the way to him, big shield, and still having like 80 hit on Forseti!Levin, Reptor's a PITA even with all the holy weapons.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen anyone take anyone but Levin and Sigurd to face him.

Yeah, I kind of wish they would do that normally. It seems more fitting, like they're sacrificing themselves to give Quan and dummy a chance to escape, instead of all running away.

Indeed. That Skl bonus on Reptor is just too big. I'd like to see someone try to take him out with Tiltyu, though.

For the second line, to face Langbart? Armorslayer on Beowulf, Ayra, or Holyn probably does the job just as well as one of the three holy weapon users, the latter two probably making quicker work due to higher Str caps.

Edited by Forceman

Indeed. That Skl bonus on Reptor is just too big. I'd like to see someone try to take him out with Tiltyu, though.

For the second line, to face Langbart? Armorslayer on Beowulf, Ayra, or Holyn probably does the job just as well as one of the three holy weapon users, the latter two probably making quicker work due to higher Str caps.

Why use the crappy armorslayer when there are 50 kill weapons :D? Though since you probably didn't/don't know, that's the best strat. (Actually wait, the best strat I once again HOLSETY and TYRFING)

Tiltyu would be interesting. With a mag ring and thoron, she'd need 18 magic to OHKO him with wrath, which is pretty doable as long as you get her to promotion (18.4 mag as lv 20 mage fighter). Surviving would be a little tougher; she hits 60.2 magic durability at level 29 (43.6 HP and 16.6 res), or 22 with a res ring (55.4 + 5). It'd be iffy, given her terrible magic and res growths, but certainly doable as long as she promotes and doesn't get RNG screwed.

My bad, the second line meant Reptor as well. Seems like most people only have the patience to move Levin and Sigurd across the desert. As for Langobart, my experience was capped str + str ring + hero sword critical is the easiest. That or Levin.

I finally got to read the update, and so here's a few comments:

I've never seen Cuan use that battle quote as Ethlin always dies before someone attacks him. He actually GIVES UP the Gae Bolg and becomes unarmed! It's possible to save them, but requires RNG abuse as well as extensive preparation. They die with Phinora though.

For Reptor, I keep him in the desert by a cliff where Reptor can attack him. Once Sigurd enters the trigger zone, Reptor attacks Holsety!Levin. Once he dies, his army dies with him, so I do the thing.

As for units:

Sigurd is unanimously agreed by those who played FE4 to be the best lord in the entire series.

Noish isn't a great fighter even after he promotes with the pursuit ring, but he makes an excellent father unit, which is why people use him. Alec just sucks, period, I'm amazed how much you used him.

Your Ayra isn't as badass as mine :smug:

Jamka's skills are actually better for 2 range.

Master Knight is the shit.

Dew sucks in combat even when he is trained, people train him so that he won't die when they want some extra money.

Sylvia's 4 way dancing is really useful, you probably should have given her certain rings. Wait, did you get the knight ring?

Tiltyu isn't so great, even with Wrath, due to having to train her and low mag. She's definitely one of the easier Ests to train though.

Briggid only caps Skill on average, but that hardly matters due to her bases.

Why does Sigurd have so many deaths (relatively)? How does Azel have no deaths?

Edited by momogeek2141

• 4 weeks later...

Why use the crappy armorslayer when there are 50 kill weapons :D? Though since you probably didn't/don't know, that's the best strat. (Actually wait, the best strat I once again HOLSETY and TYRFING)

Remind me to use an Iron Sword next time.

Tiltyu would be interesting. With a mag ring and thoron, she'd need 18 magic to OHKO him with wrath, which is pretty doable as long as you get her to promotion (18.4 mag as lv 20 mage fighter). Surviving would be a little tougher; she hits 60.2 magic durability at level 29 (43.6 HP and 16.6 res), or 22 with a res ring (55.4 + 5). It'd be iffy, given her terrible magic and res growths, but certainly doable as long as she promotes and doesn't get RNG screwed.

My bad, the second line meant Reptor as well. Seems like most people only have the patience to move Levin and Sigurd across the desert. As for Langobart, my experience was capped str + str ring + hero sword critical is the easiest. That or Levin.

Roxy.OS: Congratulations, you missed the point of using Tiltyu completely! ^~^

I finally got to read the update, and so here's a few comments:

I've never seen Cuan use that battle quote as Ethlin always dies before someone attacks him. He actually GIVES UP the Gae Bolg and becomes unarmed! It's possible to save them, but requires RNG abuse as well as extensive preparation. They die with Phinora though.

Oh wow. Welp, my second time will likely be much better.

For Reptor, I keep him in the desert by a cliff where Reptor can attack him. Once Sigurd enters the trigger zone, Reptor attacks Holsety!Levin. Once he dies, his army dies with him, so I do the thing.

So basically just lure out everyone with Levin? That works way too well for me to do that.

As for units:

Sigurd is unanimously agreed by those who played FE4 to be the best lord in the entire series.

Yee.

Roxy.OS: Ephraim is boss, though!

That's because he's a really good unit in a game in which enemies are shit.

Noish isn't a great fighter even after he promotes with the pursuit ring, but he makes an excellent father unit, which is why people use him. Alec just sucks, period, I'm amazed how much you used him.

Why is it that Noish makes a good dad?

Your Ayra isn't as badass as mine :smug:

I have this feeling my Ayra is a mediocre Ayra.

Jamka's skills are actually better for 2 range.

Pls esplain

Master Knight is the shit.

Yep. Wish I could have gotten a Lightining tome on her.

Dew sucks in combat even when he is trained, people train him so that he won't die when they want some extra money.

Eh. I normally like using Thieves for combat since they get a little more STR than you'd think.

Sylvia's 4 way dancing is really useful, you probably should have given her certain rings. Wait, did you get the knight ring?

No Knight Ring.

Tiltyu isn't so great, even with Wrath, due to having to train her and low mag. She's definitely one of the easier Ests to train though.

A mage is a mage, but I suppose you could have put that magic on Master Knight!Raquel

Briggid only caps Skill on average, but that hardly matters due to her bases.

Insane bases be insane.

Why does Sigurd have so many deaths (relatively)? How does Azel have no deaths?

All of Sigurd's deaths came from the Thove screwage. In reality, he had 10+ with all the things I tried. Axel didn't die because I kept him well-protected.

Responses in bold here.

I'm finally back! It was a great time at camp, but it also feels good to be home. I'll probably start up again Friday or Saturday, but that would probably entail cleaning up things. Before starting Thracia, I will be transferring updates 1-6 onto Google Docs and linking the folder in the OP. I have some stuff to take care of, as well as birthday events, so I may not be very responsive at first.

Something I would like are suggestions for Thracia menu backgrounds. I do admit to having poked around the first chapter a little, but mostly for settings. Awards will be given for ugliest, most creative, and best-looking menu backgrounds!

I coulda sworn this was dead

Nice to see this return! Can't wait to see your reaction to the BS that is Thracia 776!

Wrt Jamka's skills, I meant that charge and adept are actually better at 2 range than one since he activates another round of combat without taking extra damage.

As for Noish, this can be considered minor FE4 spoilers, but your pairings are already set, so it isn't quite as bad.

Noish is considered a good father because he has the critical skill, which gets passed down to the children. Crits are broken in this game, so having children units who can critical normally is extremely useful.

Roxy.OS: Congratulations, you missed the point of using Tiltyu completely! ^~^

Oh, I got it, just wasn't sure how practical it would be. Come to think of it, does she even have a special convo with him? Does Lex have one with Langobart?

Glad this is coming back. I was lacking for something to read.

I coulda sworn this was dead

Nice to see this return! Can't wait to see your reaction to the BS that is Thracia 776!

Wrt Jamka's skills, I meant that charge and adept are actually better at 2 range than one since he activates another round of combat without taking extra damage.

As for Noish, this can be considered minor FE4 spoilers, but your pairings are already set, so it isn't quite as bad.

Noish is considered a good father because he has the critical skill, which gets passed down to the children. Crits are broken in this game, so having children units who can critical normally is extremely useful.

I announced I was gonna be gone so I'd consider it sleeping rather than dead.

Thanks!

As for Juan's skills, that makes sense. Shame Verdane was void of any holy or special weaponry, unless you count the Killer Bow, I think that place was a wasted opportunity in some regards.

I suppose I haven't seen Crit come into effect enough to see why you'd want it on kids. I did need it to beat Reptor, as you saw.

Oh, I got it, just wasn't sure how practical it would be. Come to think of it, does she even have a special convo with him? Does Lex have one with Langobart?

Glad this is coming back. I was lacking for something to read.

They do.

[spoiler=Sooper dee dooper spoylerz]Lex and his father don't get along, as evidenced by his convo with Axel later in the chapter, so it's no surprise Langbart labels him a traitor right away. As for Reptor and Tiltyu, Reptor has mixed feelings about fighting his daughter.

I'm glad you're enjoying this! Let's just hope Thracia doesn't treat me too poorly c=

These will likely be the last chatty posts. Once I'm done catching up with everyone I'll start cleaning up, then get to the first update of Part 2.

Edited by Forceman