Force's Jugdral: a blind FE4/5 Screenshot LP

lonelyVoxel

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good question?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a rather questionable question...
    • OBJECTION!!!
    • Should I answer this question with a question?
  2. 2. How should I refer to Sigurd's son?

• Seliph
    • Serlis
    • Celice
    • Other spelling
  3. 3. Should I stop keeping track of re-move activations?

• Yes
    • No

This is why I wasn't sure if you hadn't realized Midir is a guy. So in all your luck, you can pair them!

Ahhh, I like Alec too much to let him die. Then again, I'm one of those people who resets when even characters I will never use die. Restarting is good.

Wait, Midir is a guy? So that's why I couldn't pair him with Noish. O.O

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Before I knew that, it was Dale X Adean yuri all the way. Right now it's Sigurdean, since Midayle's dudity and why the f not.

Indeed, Midir is a guy. Tbh, a lot of people seem to have confused his gender at first.

Yep. Before I knew that, it was Dale X Adean yuri all the way. Right now it's Sigurdean, since Midayle's dudity and why the f not.

Midir does actually like her, so I guess you weren't too far off. :P

Midir does actually like her, so I guess you weren't too far off. :P

Future Forceman: Midean is on.

I have way too many screenshots though. I'm already up to the first castle captured in Ch. 2... I'd be willing to have help doing the commentary.

Edited by Forceman

I'd totally do commentary for FE4 but in the case of Aideen I'm a huge Aideen/Jamka shipper, so I can't help you in the Midir/Aideen department. :P

Also, I hope you're training Azel well. -Incredibly Velthomer biased-

I'd totally do commentary for FE4 but in the case of Aideen I'm a huge Aideen/Jamka shipper, so I can't help you in the Midir/Aideen department. :P

Also, I hope you're training Azel well. -Incredibly Velthomer biased-

Don't worry, I'd probably write any comments on character. The only thing I need help with are gameplay comments, since I feel like as chapters get longer I'll bore people with battle and level up stuffs.

How could I not use him? Destroyer of worlds right there, especially with res-less generics.

I tend to make fun of half my level ups or rage at them. Sometimes someone will level up for me just fine, then someone dies so I load state, then that person levels up again and gets no stats up and THAT'S when I succeed in whatever I'm doing.

Tbh I've always preferred character commentary myself over gameplay, with a bit of gameplay commentary. But that's just what I enjoy more, and seeing people better learn about characters.

Azel really is, though. Even before promotion he wrecks shit, and when he's promoted and on horseback oh please pray for the enemies. Pray that they survive a battle with him so your other units who are weaker can get experience off them.

Oddly enough, FE4 is the only game I am totally okay with putting magic types in the front lines. Considering how hard the game is, I used to think that was a bad idea, but they tend to do better for me in the front lines than my other units do. Sometimes I even have to AVOID putting Levin and Azel in the front because nobody else will get to do anything. I do love my magic types, I do...

This is your first LP, right? If not, I apologize. My advice if it is is that you do try to find your LP style--and don't be afraid to try another style if it's not working out for you.

Some people would rather list off level ups or show the level ups rather than comment on them. It definitely works on a more gameplay style.

Some people would like to comment on level ups to make them feel personal..

It might be good to mix it up from time to time. I mostly comment on each level up but if I'm fast-forwarding (because a boss is being too dodge-happy), I might mix it up if I'm staff/dance-spamming. I may comment on the overall stat gains across many levels.

As for the battles in FE4, that is harder to judge for me because of the chapter lengths. Maybe comment on your impressions of the mechanics and highlights that got a big response out of you. Shenanigans happen in a 1 RN system.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing more of your thoughts on the mechanics and characters over what happens in the battles. Not that the battles are boring but since you're blind to the game and it's vastly different from the later titles, a good discussion can come out of talking about the lack of Rescue command or how it runs on the 1 RN system.

Azel is cool but considering the special events that net you good items for a more aggressive playstyle, he may lag behind because of his foot movement. At least his advantage over Arden is attacking Resistance and what he gets on promotion. Poor Arden can't compete.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to make fun of half my level ups or rage at them. Sometimes someone will level up for me just fine, then someone dies so I load state, then that person levels up again and gets no stats up and THAT'S when I succeed in whatever I'm doing.

See thing I said about levels below.

Tbh I've always preferred character commentary myself over gameplay, with a bit of gameplay commentary. But that's just what I enjoy more, and seeing people better learn about characters.

The problem for me is that I want to comment on dialogue and characters, but I don't want to screenshot the entire script as I do that.

Azel really is, though. Even before promotion he wrecks shit, and when he's promoted and on horseback oh please pray for the enemies. Pray that they survive a battle with him so your other units who are weaker can get experience off them.

Oddly enough, FE4 is the only game I am totally okay with putting magic types in the front lines. Considering how hard the game is, I used to think that was a bad idea, but they tend to do better for me in the front lines than my other units do. Sometimes I even have to AVOID putting Levin and Azel in the front because nobody else will get to do anything. I do love my magic types, I do...

Why so many horses o.o

I really like mages as well, but I feel like Azel is the only one that can actually do things at this stage. I'm hoping Adean gets decent ranks once she promotes, which is further away then I'd like it to be. Ah well, Warp abuse should cure that if its absolutely necessary.

*insert rant about inability to use Dark on any playable character here*

Not even Master Knights seem to be able to use them, which is really weird to me. I guess it's the same reason as no PC Dark Mages in FE2, though.

This is your first LP, right? If not, I apologize. My advice if it is is that you do try to find your LP style--and don't be afraid to try another style if it's not working out for you.

Yes it is. I'm mixing things up, incorporating the Roxy.OS character as sort of the anti-me. I dunno if that persona adds or detracts is the thing, since I haven't heard any commentary on her lines. The intro is something I'm not sure if people like. Maybe it's just the fact that this is my first LP and I didn't have time for it? Fortunately I do now, so stuff might go up in quality if I am left alone.

Some people would rather list off level ups or show the level ups rather than comment on them. It definitely works on a more gameplay style.

Some people would like to comment on level ups to make them feel personal..

It'd be easier for me to figure out if they weren't on multiple screenshots... I have taken to using the stat format, but I wish I could merge them all into one image easily so I could take a good look and see what I think about the level.

It might be good to mix it up from time to time. I mostly comment on each level up but if I'm fast-forwarding (because a boss is being too dodge-happy), I might mix it up if I'm staff/dance-spamming. I may comment on the overall stat gains across many levels.

I will try

As for the battles in FE4, that is harder to judge for me because of the chapter lengths. Maybe comment on your impressions of the mechanics and highlights that got a big response out of you. Shenanigans happen in a 1 RN system.

I love Natural Hit, actually. It's frustrating, but makes things more fun. Plus, easier hax! I actually get hit with a super hax axe in this update.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing more of your thoughts on the mechanics and characters over what happens in the battles. Not that the battles are boring but since you're blind to the game and it's vastly different from the later titles, a good discussion can come out of talking about the lack of Rescue command or how it runs on the 1 RN system.

Rescue isn't a huge thing for me, probably since I haven't replayed a lot of the GBA games and have barely touched Tellius, but I think the castle system was genius. FE4 really only works within itself, though, which is part of the bueno. For the longest time after playing RD I couldn't drop Shove from my playbook, however. That's something that needs to be in more games.

Azel is cool but considering the special events that net you good items for a more aggressive playstyle, he may lag behind because of his foot movement. At least his advantage over Arden is attacking Resistance and what he gets on promotion. Poor Arden can't compete.

Five MOV with 1-range weapon. /thread

I'm not going to have a chance to obtain the really good items since I don't know where they are. i did look to see where they are but i wont actually go for them

I'm pretty much going to turtle in this run, so Axel and other foot units will be getting many more opportunities to fight than in normal runs.

Responses in bold~

It's kinda been 2.5 weeks, hasn't it... Hehe ^~^;

Roxy.OS: You scrub.

Now that I have free time, Spring Break technically having started for me, I will be doing things I'd like to do. Like this! One thing that really did discourage me was losing an entire post to SF's unwillingness to let it go up besides text. So that doesn't happen again, updates will now be in Google Docs. Because of this you will be seeing the other people looking at it, but if you want to keep your anonymity, you can open up the link in a browser you're not logged into Google with. Then you'll appear as Anonymous Turtle and stuff like that!

Now that Uncle Force is back, chicos, gather 'round for Force's Jugdral.

Edited by Forceman

Would highly recommend you trade over the Killer Bow to Midir ASAP. He makes better use of it since he could cover more ground. I would also give the Magic ring to Ethlin over Azel. Azel won't have any trouble killing enemies since he has pursuit and resistance doesnt exist for enemies. Cuan is great for chipping since he rarely doubles, so I would use him to help Finn get some kills. I would highly recommend you do your best to get Finn promoted, or at least to a competent level.

Would highly recommend you trade over the Killer Bow to Midir ASAP.

I dunno about that, but I'll consider the option. I'm turtling a bit, so if a ground unit isn't Arden it's likely to have some use.

I would also give the Magic ring to Ethlin over Azel. Azel won't have any trouble killing enemies since he has pursuit and resistance doesnt exist for enemies.

Didn't think Azel needed it, but what about the bard dude?

Cuan is great for chipping since he rarely doubles, so I would use him to help Finn get some kills. I would highly recommend you do your best to get Finn promoted, or at least to a competent level.

I pretty much always Cuan chip, Finn kill. At what level is Finn not competent? =P

Not sure if Levin has Pursuit or not, but I guess he can use it. If you're playing casually be careful who you position your females next to. You're likely to take more turns to move across, and suddenly you may have a pairing you don't want. Regarding Finn, I'm not sure of specific strengths of the soldiers Finn will fight in the 2nd gen, but I guess a level 15 Finn can fend for himself.

Not sure if Levin has Pursuit or not, but I guess he can use it. If you're playing casually be careful who you position your females next to. You're likely to take more turns to move across, and suddenly you may have a pairing you don't want. Regarding Finn, I'm not sure of specific strengths of the soldiers Finn will fight in the 2nd gen, but I guess a level 15 Finn can fend for himself.

I don't think Levin does not have Pursuit, but he has Adept and Elwind. If he had Pursuit he'd double literally everything.

In regards to pairings, I have a certain set I want that isn't based on anything so I won't mind if I don't get a pairing I didn't try for. Do all love gains end after turn 50 {or whatever it was}?

Finn is certainly getting past Lv. 15, I assure you.

Alright, chicos, here's another update, straight out of the oven from me to you! Gather 'round for piping hot commentary!

Roxy.OS: Please take it this is burning my hands

By the way, you can now comment on all updates.

I'm on a roll! Grab a nice piece of bread and gather 'round for Force's Jugdral.

I plan to somehow broadcast as I update in the future. At this point, I'd just post the Google Doc I'm working on and let you watch as I make it. If I can get twitch to work I may livestream my actual gameplay.

I wonder what pairings you will end up with...

Also, Brave Lance Fin would trivialize Beowulf's squad. You wouldn't have to do your Alec/Noish shenanigans. (Honestly, I've never seen anyone use both to that extent.)

Love how you are giving the level ups grades.

As for love points, the only way to earn them after turn 50 of a chapter is by conversations.

Also, with regard to inheretence and the silence staff:

Broken items can be inhereted, but drerdre is the only mother in the game who does not pass down anything, so you probably want to give it to aideen or something. Broken items sell for cheap

Edited by sirmola

Roxy.OS: Look Force, replies!

I LOVE YOU ALL

I wonder what pairings you will end up with...

Also, Brave Lance Fin would trivialize Beowulf's squad. You wouldn't have to do your Alec/Noish shenanigans. (Honestly, I've never seen anyone use both to that extent.)

[spoiler=Planned Pairings]Midayle X Adean

Lex X Ayra
Azel X Lachesis
Levin or Alec X Sylvia

Of course, these will absolutely not happen for the most part =P

I thought as much, but let it be known that I don't check up on talks too often. Blind run, bruh!

I don't know how much this is a spoil, but yeah you missed something by letting Lachesis' guards die.

Roxy.OS: "Fuck." -Force 2k15

It's really hard not to have one of them die before/right as you get to them, though.

Love how you are giving the level ups grades.

As for love points, the only way to earn them after turn 50 of a chapter is by conversations.

Also, with regard to inheritance and the silence staff:

Broken items can be inherited, but drerdre is the only mother in the game who does not pass down anything, so you probably want to give it to aideen or something. Broken items sell for cheap

Thanks! I already knew that she couldn't pass things down. Staff of goodies was given to and broken by Adean.

Alright, chicos, since I love you so much, have another update of Force's Jugdral!

Two questions:

1: Does anyone know what the neutral/yellow phase music is called?

2: Could anyone spare some space for hosting images? I'm going to hit my Google cap at some point before the first leg of this LP ends.

Edit: Turns out the images weren't taking up any space. It was just that I had a bunch of music stored in Drive ^~^;

Edited by Forceman

The best way to save her guards is to just move your mounted units as far as they can go each turn and then hope they get lucky with some dodges and you should reach them soon enough to save them. I'd also recommend Beowulf Lachesis as it's easier for a beginner but Azel Lachesis isn't too bad, just try and get Lachesis' son a magic sword. You're also going to get a new person who's a better pair for Sylvia if you might want to put Levin with someone else.

I think the NPC music is just the chapter 2 music though unless Nodion has it's own theme. You could probably google the OST.

Yes it is. I'm mixing things up, incorporating the Roxy.OS character as sort of the anti-me. I dunno if that persona adds or detracts is the thing, since I haven't heard any commentary on her lines. The intro is something I'm not sure if people like. Maybe it's just the fact that this is my first LP and I didn't have time for it? Fortunately I do now, so stuff might go up in quality if I am left alone.

It'd be easier for me to figure out if they weren't on multiple screenshots... I have taken to using the stat format, but I wish I could merge them all into one image easily so I could take a good look and see what I think about the level.

I love Natural Hit, actually. It's frustrating, but makes things more fun. Plus, easier hax! I actually get hit with a super hax axe in this update.

Rescue isn't a huge thing for me, probably since I haven't replayed a lot of the GBA games and have barely touched Tellius, but I think the castle system was genius. FE4 really only works within itself, though, which is part of the bueno. For the longest time after playing RD I couldn't drop Shove from my playbook, however. That's something that needs to be in more games.

Five MOV with 1-range weapon. /thread

I'm not going to have a chance to obtain the really good items since I don't know where they are. i did look to see where they are but i wont actually go for them

I'm pretty much going to turtle in this run, so Axel and other foot units will be getting many more opportunities to fight than in normal runs.

On Roxy.OS: I don't mind it. I'm sure you could make it work for your style. I'm for one for letting people be creative so I'll continue watching out for Roxy.OS. :)

This might be harder to do just because of how FE4 level ups work. I wonder if it's possible to layer images in a graphics program? If there was a way to layer the +1s to make them visible, that could work. It's not like anything else moves in the images. That would require more effort on your part, though, if you want the level up images like that.

Haha. I'm neutral to Natural Hit. At least you have better chances hitting 30s and it doesn't look so dumb trying it compared to 2-RN system.

That's kind of how I feel about the castle system. It really does work in itself. Nowadays, playing mostly the GBAFEs and the Tellius games, it's hard for me to stop Rescue strategies. For what little I played FE1, it was slow and having Marth seize without Rescue strats took forever, haha.

Pretty much the event with Lachesis and her knights is what I was referring to about aggressiveness. That one was being stupid on me. One of her knights would keep dying no matter how aggressive I was going. By the time I FINALLY got them to stop dying, all the foot units were far back. It's just something to keep in mind if you ever want to play this game again without the blind lenses.

I've been catching up. So this is across all the parts. I'm trying to provide as much context without quoting.

[spoiler=Comments across all parts]

Pft. The links to videos.

Level up grades. I like this.

Slim Sword is REALLY good, especially considering the whole Speed - Weight system. For how much I played, I used to have Ethlin switch it off to Dew and other sword-wielding characters for easy Arena wins.

If you're pairing Lex, you may want to know this. It's regarding his inheritance specifically:

Lex is unable to give anything to his children weapons-wise. So what you're going to look for Lex's inheritance is his stats, growths, skills, and items like rings.

His Elite is pretty good. I'm not sure who would benefit the most. Ira's children are said to be pretty oblivious to inheritance problems. A common Lex pairing goes to a character you'll meet later.

Fuck that forest of... forests. Yeah. That. From Chapter 1. With the bottleneck part too. I really wanted Rescue-chaining just to drop Adean near Jamke but alas.

Midayle x Killer Bow is really good. He kind of needs that extra power starting off. It makes Arena battles much easier as well.

Regarding Jamke's inheritance:

Pursuit is Jamke's Class skill, not Personal. What gets passed down are Personal Skills, not Class. This is why some people pass up Jamke in favor of Midayle, who has Pursuit as a Personal.

And a little tidbit on Finn's inheritance

It looks like you were already spoiled that Finn returns in the Second Generation.

If you have him paired up, he will lose his equipment. Some people might keep him unpaired so he can keep his good items on him to help out as in the early Second Gen chapters.

Adean's Strength: too OP.

I'm not sure what is up with the garbled graphic on the ballista guy. Might be a new patch problem? I was playing the old patch and this didn't show up.

Ohhhh boy, Great Shield. Such a troll skill. And not like you get it unless you promote Ardan. Intelligent Systems: LOOOOOOL

Lachesis healing... uhhh... Yeah, you should prioritize Adean at this point since people NEED to hit level 20 for promotion. But by all means, if Lachesis healing is absolutely necessary when Adean is out of range, go with it.

Holyn: can't have enough Swordfighters/Myrmidons.

Ballistae: it's the same case in FE6. They don't have wheels and also have animations. I was just as surprised as you were.

Sylvia is the last dancer of which you get all four targets without special conditions. And she can actually attack. Bonus points.

I cannot view the Cavalier horde attack gif. :( I'm not signed into google+, if that matters.

Keep it up, Force. You'll get to the end in due time.

Have fun on your trip.

The best way to save her guards is to just move your mounted units as far as they can go each turn and then hope they get lucky with some dodges and you should reach them soon enough to save them. I'd also recommend Beowulf Lachesis as it's easier for a beginner but Azel Lachesis isn't too bad, just try and get Lachesis' son a magic sword. You're also going to get a new person who's a better pair for Sylvia if you might want to put Levin with someone else.

I think the NPC music is just the chapter 2 music though unless Nordion has it's own theme. You could probably google the OST.

I suppose the only way to save them is that way. I initially did the cavalry charge thing and had to put someone in front of Raquesis so she wouldn't die.

As for Raquel's potential hubby, I just want to try out pairings this run. I don't care about getting the best potential children, but I'd love it if some of them had odd stat combos because of who I paired them with.

Should have specified about the music, it was for the yellow phase. I called them neutral because I usually call the greenies the ally army.

On Roxy.OS: I don't mind it. I'm sure you could make it work for your style. I'm for one for letting people be creative so I'll continue watching out for Roxy.OS. :)

It's actually kind of hard for me to sensibly write her. It's getting easier as I get a feel for how she is, but I still don't know how I'd explain how she became aware as a computer program.

This might be harder to do just because of how FE4 level ups work. I wonder if it's possible to layer images in a graphics program? If there was a way to layer the +1s to make them visible, that could work. It's not like anything else moves in the images. That would require more effort on your part, though, if you want the level up images like that.

Effort? Me? Never!

Haha. I'm neutral to Natural Hit. At least you have better chances hitting 30s and it doesn't look so dumb trying it compared to 2-RN system.

That's kind of how I feel about the castle system. It really does work in itself. Nowadays, playing mostly the GBAFEs and the Tellius games, it's hard for me to stop Rescue strategies. For what little I played FE1, it was slow and having Marth seize without Rescue strats took forever, haha.

Mar-Mar being the only one able to visit the villages in the Archanea FEs was annoying...

Pretty much the event with Lachesis and her knights is what I was referring to about aggressiveness. That one was being stupid on me. One of her knights would keep dying no matter how aggressive I was going. By the time I FINALLY got them to stop dying, all the foot units were far back. It's just something to keep in mind if you ever want to play this game again without the blind lenses.

I've been catching up. So this is across all the parts. I'm trying to provide as much context without quoting.

[spoiler=Comments across all parts]

Pft. The links to videos.

I saw TheMoniker doing that in his LPs, so I figured why not do it in mine? They kinda do the commentary for me.

Level up grades. I like this.

Roxy.OS: You're welcome (⌐■_■)

Slim Sword is REALLY good, especially considering the whole Speed - Weight system. For how much I played, I used to have Ethlin switch it off to Dew and other sword-wielding characters for easy Arena wins.

Slim4godtier

If you're pairing Lex, you may want to know this. It's regarding his inheritance specifically:

Lex is unable to give anything to his children weapons-wise. So what you're going to look for Lex's inheritance is his stats, growths, skills, and items like rings.

His Elite is pretty good. I'm not sure who would benefit the most. Ira's children are said to be pretty oblivious to inheritance problems. A common Lex pairing goes to a character you'll meet later.

Tbh I don't like Paragon too much as I'm still in the "everyone's gotta be the same level!" mindset from too much Pokémon grinding.

Fuck that forest of... forests. Yeah. That. From Chapter 1. With the bottleneck part too. I really wanted Rescue-chaining just to drop Adean near Jamke but alas.

Just... Ugh!

Roxy.OS: Do you even know what forests did to this child?!?

Shush, it doesn't need to be said again...

Midayle x Killer Bow is really good. He kind of needs that extra power starting off. It makes Arena battles much easier as well.

Will store this in Roxy's data bank and the back of my mind

Regarding Jamke's inheritance:

Pursuit is Jamke's Class skill, not Personal. What gets passed down are Personal Skills, not Class. This is why some people pass up Jamke in favor of Midayle, who has Pursuit as a Personal.

Juan doesn't promote, right? Totally slipped my mind there.

And a little tidbit on Finn's inheritance

It looks like you were already spoiled that Finn returns in the Second Generation.

If you have him paired up, he will lose his equipment. Some people might keep him unpaired so he can keep his good items on him to help out as in the early Second Gen chapters.

Yeah, from a bit of reading on Thracia. Now that just stinks, so he's gonna be a bachelor until G2 if I can help it.

Adean's Strength: too OP.

Her STR growth is the same as Raquel's and Ethlyn's o.o

I'm not sure what is up with the garbled graphic on the ballista guy. Might be a new patch problem? I was playing the old patch and this didn't show up.

Meh. Not like we're ever gonna have one on our side.

Ohhhh boy, Great Shield. Such a troll skill. And not like you get it unless you promote Ardan. Intelligent Systems: LOOOOOOL

Heh. I'm gonna try to promote him, but I'm not sure he'll be able to do that with just arenas.

Lachesis healing... uhhh... Yeah, you should prioritize Adean at this point since people NEED to hit level 20 for promotion. But by all means, if Lachesis healing is absolutely necessary when Adean is out of range, go with it.

^~^; I felt like it was the only way to get her to a usable level. Adean hit 17 from Warp abuse, so I'll probably have her use some more Warp to get there.

Holyn: can't have enough Swordfighters/Myrmidons.

Amen, as long as they can get places in a sensible amount of time.

Roxy.OS: He needs boots!

Ballistae: it's the same case in FE6. They don't have wheels and also have animations. I was just as surprised as you were.

I knew that FE3 ballistas were also stationary, but I didn't think they had animations. I'm probably the only one who wants Shooters back from FE1...

Sylvia is the last dancer of which you get all four targets without special conditions. And she can actually attack. Bonus points.

Broken~ Without a ring I doubt she'll be usable for combat, though.

I cannot view the Cavalier horde attack gif. :( I'm not signed into Google+, if that matters.

Interesting... all of the images are stored on Google Photos, so I don't see why any of them would be blocked. However, I sometimes can't see random pics on Google, so that might be it.

Keep it up, Force. You'll get to the end in due time.

If only this run was just FE4...

Have fun on your trip.

I managed to pull a muscle in my foot while skiing =)

Comments in bold!

If I have an update out before Saturday or so I'm slacking on homework.

• 2 weeks later...