Titania is the best in the game.

i didn't say that.

i said that i got enough to not care whether i got max or not.

and i still see it kinda ridiculous that anyone would invest so much time, effort, and experience on such a sub-par unit. it might make the game a little more challenging, but i find not using Titania to be much more satisfying.

maybe you should try not using her at all for a change. you may be surprised.

Remember that we consider max BEXP in debates ;)

Actually, not using Titania makes the game more challenging, because like I stated before, using Titania >>>>>> not using Titania. She's that awesome.

It's not like I always play the game according to tier lists or something. In fact, I almost never do. I don't use Titania every time I play the game. But that doesn't mean she is sub-par.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't say that.

i said that i got enough to not care whether i got max or not.

and i still see it kinda ridiculous that anyone would invest so much time, effort, and experience on such a sub-par unit. it might make the game a little more challenging, but i find not using Titania to be much more satisfying.

maybe you should try not using her at all for a change. you may be surprised.

There isn't any time or effort in raising Titania. She requires no babying at all, and is eclipsing everyone else for a while. In fact, Titania can use an Iron Axe to weaken some enemies, giving CEXP and BEXP to more people that way.

I rarely use Titania, actually. However, it's still a fact that she's the best character in FE9.

Actually, not using Titania makes the game more challenging, because like I stated before, using Titania >>>>>> not using Titania. She's that awesome.

It's not like I always play the game according to tier lists or something. In fact, I almost never do. I don't use Titania every time I play the game. But that doesn't mean she is sub-par.

and if we're talking about EXP, remember that in the beginning Titania is an EXP hog, getting only like 10 exp when other units can get almost 4 times what she gets perhaps this is a horrible exaggeration, but you get my drift

i find using using Titania kinda cheap. its making the beginning much easier. i don't know about you, but i like the challenge, and i have never had a situation where i said "dang, i wish i would have brought Titania"

Titania is statistically sub-par to the other paladins even you can't deny this, but I'm not saying she's a horrible unit. i'm just saying that there are other units that are much better than her. and since you can survive perfectly well without her, she can't be considered "the best"

i would call her above average, just for her potential usefulness in the first half of the game, but that's about it.

There isn't any time or effort in raising Titania. She requires no babying at all, and is eclipsing everyone else for a while. In fact, Titania can use an Iron Axe to weaken some enemies, giving CEXP and BEXP to more people that way.

I rarely use Titania, actually. However, it's still a fact that she's the best character in FE9.

that is one of the uses i give Titania, actually. she's great to level up some of your weaker units like Rolf, Marcia, and Mia

and she does require babying if you are planning to have her kill things in the second half of the game. her base stats are abysmal for a promoted unit.

Edited by Crystal Chanda Leir

Getting max BEXP without using Titania is tougher in the earlier chapters, but very possible. Not using Titania at the beginning does in fact make it more difficult, but makes things better in the long run.

Don't ever call your own opinion a fact! Saying she's the best in this game is strictly your own opinion, and by no means a fact. After all, a character that's only good for half the game, and is then worse than most others for the last half (which is pretty much it, as you'll likely promote people a litte past half way), isn't really good at all in my eyes. Just a meatshield early-midgame.

and if we're talking about EXP, remember that in the beginning Titania is an EXP hog, getting only like 10 exp when other units can get almost 4 times what she gets perhaps this is a horrible exaggeration, but you get my drift

i find using using Titania kinda cheap. its making the beginning much easier. i don't know about you, but i like the challenge, and i have never had a situation where i said "dang, i wish i would have brought Titania"

Titania is statistically sub-par to the other paladins even you can't deny this, but I'm not saying she's a horrible unit. i'm just saying that there are other units that are much better than her. and since you can survive perfectly well without her, she can't be considered "the best"

i would call her above average, just for her potential usefulness in the first half of the game, but that's about it.

that is one of the uses i give Titania, actually. she's great to level up some of your weaker units like Rolf, Marcia, and Mia

and she does require babying if you are planning to have her kill things in the second half of the game. her base stats are abysmal for a promoted unit.

Not really. While Titania does indeed gain less CEXP, she's still benefitting from the kills. Defeating the enemies does minimize turns needed, so the overall experience gain will be higher.

That's exactly why Titania is the best. Anyone who makes anything easier is a benefit.

Only if you deprive Titania of any kills then compare at equal levels, which will never happen. She has an enormous level lead on all the other characters not named Stefan, Lethe, and Mordecai (Which she still beats both in value and levels). Titania is beating everyone statistically at promotion with the sole exception of Oscar, and that's only because his supports are literally perfect.

Why would you raise Rofl and Mia? :o

Her bases are poor compared to other prepromotes, but that doesn't matter. Titania is statistically the best character for a long time, even with her fairly low bases. Also, great averages. She never needs babying.

Getting max BEXP without using Titania is tougher in the earlier chapters, but very possible. Not using Titania at the beginning does in fact make it more difficult, but makes things better in the long run.

Don't ever call your own opinion a fact! Saying she's the best in this game is strictly your own opinion, and by no means a fact. After all, a character that's only good for half the game, and is then worse than most others for the last half (which is pretty much it, as you'll likely promote people a litte past half way), isn't really good at all in my eyes. Just a meatshield early-midgame.

Chapter 1; Four Turns

Ike is about three turns away from the gate and two-rounds the boss. Oscar and Boyd three-round the boss and are likely trying go fight the other enemies. Titania can reach the boss by turn two and one-rounds him.

Chapter 2; Five Turns

About three turns away from boss. Many enemies to fight. Titania arrive at around turn two and one-rounds the boss. Everyone else three-rounds.

Chapter 3; Six Turns

Pretty obvious, since with all the enemies, Titania is the best option to fight the boss. Ike needs to get to Marcia, and both Shinon and Gatrie are too slow.

Chapter 4; Four Turns

No one but Titania can reliably fight the boss. Big map, many enemies, and four turns.

And that's for only the first four chapters. Titania is just about necessary to gain maximum BEXP. Because Titania is always great, not using her is a hindrance at all points of the game.

It's generally agreed that Titania is the best character of FE9. It's a fact that Titania is, offensively and defensively, the best character for the most chapters. As such, she is the best. Everyone promotes at about Chapter 17-18, and Titania is still beating all but Oscar. I can't see any flaw in Titania, at all.

Her bases are poor compared to other prepromotes, but that doesn't matter. Titania is statistically the best character for a long time, even with her fairly low bases. Also, great averages. She never needs babying.

Chapter 1; Four Turns

Ike is about three turns away from the gate and two-rounds the boss. Oscar and Boyd three-round the boss and are likely trying go fight the other enemies. Titania can reach the boss by turn two and one-rounds him.

Chapter 2; Five Turns

About three turns away from boss. Many enemies to fight. Titania arrive at around turn two and one-rounds the boss. Everyone else three-rounds.

Chapter 3; Six Turns

Pretty obvious, since with all the enemies, Titania is the best option to fight the boss. Ike needs to get to Marcia, and both Shinon and Gatrie are too slow.

Chapter 4; Four Turns

No one but Titania can reliably fight the boss. Big map, many enemies, and four turns.

And that's for only the first four chapters. Titania is just about necessary to gain maximum BEXP. Because Titania is always great, not using her is a hindrance at all points of the game.

It's generally agreed that Titania is the best character of FE9. It's a fact that Titania is, offensively and defensively, the best character for the most chapters. As such, she is the best. Everyone promotes at about Chapter 17-18, and Titania is still beating all but Oscar. I can't see any flaw in Titania, at all.

Get this: Taking an extra turn for about ~100 CEXP is much better than the 15 BEXP you (maybe) just lost. Titania shouldn't be killing any bosses this early.

One more thing:

OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS!

Edited by Fox

Get this: Taking an extra turn for about ~100 CEXP is much better than the 15 BEXP you (maybe) just lost. Titania shouldn't be killing any bosses this early.

Other characters would gain about 70-100 CEXP, Titania gains around 30-45 CEXP, and the BEXP turns out to 200 BEXP. You're gaining more EXP by having Titania kill the boss and end the chapter quicker.

Other characters would gain about 70-100 CEXP, Titania gains around 30-45 CEXP, and the BEXP turns out to 200 BEXP. You're gaining more EXP by having Titania kill the boss and end the chapter quicker.

You're assuming having her not kill the boss will take more than a few turns. It's easy to get max/near max BEXP without Titania killing a thing. I know, I've done it. More than once.

You're assuming having her not kill the boss will take more than a few turns. It's easy to get max/near max BEXP without Titania killing a thing. I know, I've done it. More than once.

It will. All the other characters at best, two-round the boss. And in the first chapter, the second-best option is Ike, who (I was mistaken, forgot about Gate healing) three-rounds the boss.

Easy mode? ;)

It will. All the other characters at best, two-round the boss. And in the first chapter, the second-best option is Ike, who (I was mistaken, forgot about Gate healing) three-rounds the boss.

Easy mode? ;)

Goddammit, not everyone plays hard mode you know. Even so, if you are playing hard mode, maxing out your BEXP shouldn't be your first priority.

On my first playthrough, the first time I ever played a fire emblem game, I thought Titania was incredible. I even used Keiran only cause I thought he would end up like her.

BUT by the half-way point, she starts lagging behind. She's no way the best unit in the game. Probably no Unit is "THE BEST". But if there was a 'Best unit' it would probably be Ike. She's the jeigan of the game. You use her when you need to, then you ditch her. That's pretty much it.

IMO.

Titania may not cap any stats, but so what? She beats the crap out of all yourother characters for the first half of the game and continues to own pretty badly for the second half of the game

This is the whole point. If she can't cap stats, she isn't good. She can't be owning hard in the second half if she doesn't cap shit, can she? No, she can't. Oscar and Kieran are MUCH better candidates for an end game Paladin than Titania, as they actually have strength, speed AND skill. They also have nice defensive stats. Titania, on the other hand, doesn't.

And I know this is a late reply, but it had to be said. >_>

Edited by xX_Wasure_Xx

OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS!

No one cares about opinions. If its right then its right and if its wrong then its wrong. Opinions don't really matter much into a fact to fact points anyways. The point is Titania has no real weaknesses at all which makes her even better great everywhere. And she will be around the ENTIRE game. She's basically perfect. Shes good in any normal game. Also, if anyone says that she is an EXP hog, then think again because this is a game without ranks.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

No one cares about opinions. If its right then its right and if its wrong then its wrong. Opinions don't really matter much into a fact to fact points anyways. The point is Titania has no real weaknesses at all which makes her even better great everywhere. And she will be around the ENTIRE game. She's basically perfect. Shes good in any normal game. Also, if anyone says that she is an EXP hog, then think again because this is a game without ranks.

What a hypocrite. This topic is about an opinion. Debates are about opinions. Titania being the best is strictly an opinion. How? Because I can disagree with that statement and think otherwise.

Your the hypocrite. I failed to see how I said was an opinion when it was directed as a fact.

Do you think Titania is the best in the game? I don't care if you do or not, that's your opinion, not a fact, and you can't call it a fact.

What a hypocrite. This topic is about an opinion. Debates are about opinions. Titania being the best is strictly an opinion. How? Because I can disagree with that statement and think otherwise.

If someone were to say that Karel is the worst swordmaster in FE7, that would be an opinion to you, right? Even if they show how Karel is a horrible swordmaster with terrible supports? For shame. I'm not saying PEMN at all. I'm just saying that some characters ARE better than other characters. If you compare Haar and Fiona, Haar's going to win, no matter what happens. He's just better.

If someone were to say that Karel is the worst swordmaster in FE7, that would be an opinion to you, right? Even if they show how Karel is a horrible swordmaster with terrible supports? For shame. I'm not saying PEMN at all. I'm just saying that some characters ARE better than other characters. If you compare Haar and Fiona, Haar's going to win, no matter what happens. He's just better.

It's all still opinion. Karel isn't good, I agree, but that's my opinion. Someone could say Karel is great and it would be their opinion, no matter how much someone may disagree. RNG can screw your Haar and bless your Fiona, and that person would think Fiona is better than Haar (That person isn't me). It's all opinionated, and a lot of it, almost all of it actually, is dependant on how you play the game. Majority opinion isn't fact, it's just majority.

Edited by Fox

It's all still opinion. Karel isn't good, I agree, but that's my opinion. Someone could say Karel is great and it would be their opinion, no matter how much someone may disagree. RNG can screw your Haar and bless your Fiona, and that person would think Fiona is better than Haar (That person isn't me). It's all opinionated, and a lot of it, almost all of it actually, is dependant on how you play the game. Majority opinion isn't fact, it's just majority.

Averages, base stats, and supports, however, are all fact and should be taken into account. You can't say "I don't think Gerik is a good support in FE8!" even though he's an awesome support.

Do you think Titania is the best in the game? I don't care if you do or not, that's your opinion, not a fact, and you can't call it a fact.

Opinions aren't fact to fact debates and aren't really convincing. Opinions are personal experiences do not matter in the face of facts and averages and they're considered lies. And to answer the first question; yes I certainly do think Titania is the best as well as others because of how she starts out in the game and how she serve a good purpose in the early game which aren't opinions. THAT is a fact. So your just contradicting.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

Averages, base stats, and supports, however, are all fact and should be taken into account. You can't say "I don't think Gerik is a good support in FE8!" even though he's an awesome support.

Base stats, yes. Supports, maybe. Averages, no. Base stats are the only things there that will happen. Supports are helpful, but not to be relied upon, and averages rarely ever actually happen. RNG is the only law here; he determines who will be good and who will be bad, not supports, not averages.

Base stats, yes. Supports, maybe. Averages, no. Base stats are the only things there that will happen. Supports are helpful, but not to be relied upon, and averages rarely ever actually happen. RNG is the only law here; he determines who will be good and who will be bad, not supports, not averages.

So, people just pulled averages out of thier asses, right? There's no way possible that multiple people actually end up with these stats, right?

So, people just pulled averages out of thier asses, right? There's no way possible that multiple people actually end up with these stats, right?

They happen, but only just as much as other variations of stats. A single stat point can change a character's performance.

And Mitsuru, say whatever you want. I won't reply, as I can't understand half of what you say.

Yeah, we all know how 1 luck point makes or breaks a character.

Make or break is a pretty radical term in this case. One luck won't do hardly anything, but one strength, or one speed, or one defense, or one HP, or one resistance, can all be deciding factors.