Titania is the best in the game.

And Mitsuru, say whatever you want. I won't reply, as I can't understand half of what you say.

Its because you already been owned. Your obviously trying to mock me with what I've just said because your actually being stubborn with your personal experience of how its important which aren't real facts.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's get this straight: averages are what happen most often. Sometimes you have a point higher or lower, but usually not much more than that, therefore averages are the closest thing we get to an accurate rating of their stats. Averages are more than 75% correct, therefore they should be taken into account. There's also all the joining conditions and whatnot.

Titania, at the start, SEEMS to have good bases, but she's very weak for her level. She's also a nuisance at the start, as she kills everything, thus stealing EXP from units far more deserving than her. She's around the whole game, but so is Ike. Using that logic also makes Ike the best unit in the game, which is a full fledged pile of steaming bull shit.

Titania shines early on, but as the levels get harder, you'll be promoting units who are now leagues better than Titania, and Titania won't be able to keep up with them, and she'll be getitng knocked around by enemies. She almost NEVER caps stats, making her stats poor, making her performance poor. If the best unit in the game is a unit with mediocre stats at best, and little to brag about performance wise, then the world might as well implode, because that's as illogical as it gets.

Also, Mitsuru, I'd back off of Fox if I were you. Because not only will she be on your ass, but I will too.

Edited by xX_Wasure_Xx

No, it's because your grammar is generally abysmal. You never have and you likely never will "own" me.

That's a low-blow. Mocking someone because they make a grammatical error when they don't live in the U.S. or Australia or something like that. That's cruel.

Edited by ChaosNinji

That's a low-blow. Mocking someone because they make a grammatical error when they don't live in the U.S. or Australia or something like that. That's cruel.

She wasn't mocking him, she was stating a fact. I had trouble understanding him too.

Your the hypocrite. I failed to see how I said was an opinion when it was directed as a fact.

Well, the whole Titania being the best character is an opinion, backed up by facts. That's how opinions can be argued.

Anyway, Titania doesn't deserve all the hate she gets. Same thing with Seth. Both are pretty good deals. Remember that pure stats aren't always everything.

And how's that relevant to the conversation? It wasn't. She just brought it up to pick on him.

Uh, no. He said she wasn't going to continue because she had been owned and she just said she didn't understand him because of that. She just made her point and said that she actually can't understand him because his grammar is bad. That's completely relevant if Mitsuru brought it up first.

There is no such thing as a fact. You can't prove anything.

Prove it

I think my sarcasm detector's broken... I THINK this post was sarcasm, not sure. >_>

Uh, no. He said she wasn't going to continue because she had been owned and she just said she didn't understand him because of that. She just made her point and said that she actually can't understand him because his grammar is bad. That's completely relevant if Mitsuru brought it up first.

From my point of view, it looked like she just brought it up to pick on him, but apparently I'm wrong.

Unless there is some sort of universal and mathematical way of determining if a character is better than another, there really is no "facts" to anyone's argument. Average stats could be a way to see if a character is superior, but there are so many other factors that come into play. Like, whether one stat is more important than another and to what magnitude? Saying a unit is helpful in the beginning of a game is a blatant opinion, no matter how many people agrees and gone through the same experience. Because there is no real way that it can be proven.

There is no such thing as a fact. You can't prove anything.

I'm a guy, fact. Your avatar is that of a Pokemon, fact. The sky is blue, fact.

There are facts, even in Fire Emblem, man. For example, it's a fact Titania starts out the strongest character. It's a fact axes are cheaper than bows. It's a fact that bows can't counterattack in a direct attack, except for Gaiden, and perhaps some other Fire Emblem games.

I won't ask for proof that you're a guy. My avatar is fictional anyway. The sky has no color, it reflects blue light, or so we think.

I think my sarcasm detector's broken... I THINK this post was sarcasm, not sure. >_>

I was being srs.

The people who disproved gravity floated away.

Edited by Meteor

There are facts, even in Fire Emblem, man. For example, it's a fact Titania starts out the strongest character. It's a fact axes are cheaper than bows. It's a fact that bows can't counterattack in a direct attack, except for Gaiden, and perhaps some other Fire Emblem games.

I don't think that's what he meant. Those are obviously facts. But can it be proven that Titania is a great character? Or that Ike is a great character? Or that anyone is a bad character? No, not really. It's opinion.

How do you prove that all these things combined ultimately make her the best character. You can't, that's the thing. Things become complicated when you combine all the good points of a character with the good points of another. All it comes down to really is who is the better debater. And even if a debate is won, it still doesn't mean anyones position was fact to begin with.

and Logic Swordsman, insulting people does not further your argument.

I don't think that's what he meant. Those are obviously facts. But can it be proven that Titania is a great character? Or that Ike is a great character? Or that anyone is a bad character? No, not really. It's opinion.

I guess it depends on your playstyle. If you're one of those, STATS ONLY, 20/20 ONLY MATTERS, WHO CARES ABOUT JOIN TIME, FINAL DESTINATION, then Titania is not so good, and going away from Path of Radiance, folks like Dart and Nino are downright amazing. If you're one of those ranks/whatever is considered in this game, it's JOINING TIME, SUPPORT LIST, UTILITY, MOVEMENT USEFULLNESS, FINAL DESTINATION, therefore folks like Titania are amazing and folks like Dart and Nino are not so great.

That's an opinion, but it's a good idea to back it up with the facts.

That's an opinion, but it's a good idea to back it up with the facts.

Exactly that. Opinions backed up by facts, but still opinion. Deciding what is really factual isn't always easy though.

If you don't argue by average stats, then whats the point of debating of who is a better characters then???

I see it the other way around. If you do argue by averages, what's the point of debating?

I see it the other way around. If you do argue by averages, what's the point of debating?

Prevents biasedness. I could say that Zealot always maxes all stats 100% of the time, because he does it for me (not really, just an example), while many others will think I'm on crack. I could say Est fails at going up in stats, while many others will say I'm loco. Because the game is so random in stats, averages help make arguments unbiased.

Prevents biasedness. I could say that Zealot always maxes all stats 100% of the time, because he does it for me (not really, just an example), while many others will think I'm on crack. I could say Est fails at going up in stats, while many others will say I'm loco. Because the game is so random in stats, averages help make arguments unbiased.

I look at it like this: If you're arguing based on averages, can't you clearly pick out who the better characters are? Debators do this, it's called tier lists. This is why I go off more than averages, because opinions of character don't come from averages.

Edited by Fox