Resetless Lunatic+ Run COMPLETED (Deathless) (With Complete Guide)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, got this organized a lot later than I would have liked, but better late than never, right? Main post's been updated, but for the sake of convenience, have the links here, too:

Recursive Identity Crises (Deathless 20)

The Almost Throw (Deaths 8)

The Triple Streaker (Deaths 9)

Oh, and I should be resuming runs sometime within the next few weeks since I just beat Valentia.

Whoops, got this organized a lot later than I would have liked, but better late than never, right? Main post's been updated, but for the sake of convenience, have the links here, too:

Recursive Identity Crises (Deathless 20)

The Almost Throw (Deaths 8)

The Triple Streaker (Deaths 9)

Oh, and I should be resuming runs sometime within the next few weeks since I just beat Valentia.

You double posted lol

Also did you ever get around to finding a third (conditional) strat for c2? My gut feeling is that there's gotta be something else lurking around there but who's going to care enough to dig around that chapter again

You double posted lol

Also did you ever get around to finding a third (conditional) strat for c2? My gut feeling is that there's gotta be something else lurking around there but who's going to care enough to dig around that chapter again

It looks like this thread might be bugged into double posting for everyone?

I didn't really look into anything extra. My general strat covers most stuff and I don't know if there's really anything that's practical, positioning-wise, that allows me to tackle Mountain Barb having Gamble as well as the Interceptor variants. Having something reliable against just him would be great, but I don't want to end up cornered for it. I might poke at it again at some point, but it'll probably need to be something real wacky.

• 3 weeks later...

While mucking around in Chapter 2 tonight I had a quick thought, assuming you didn't take it into account already-

For the defensive strat, when Fred/Sully moves north to engage 2 enemies on EP and hopefully not the barb as well, why not have Fred equip Robin's Bronze Sword instead of his Silver Lance? In theory it should consistently lure the barb away to attack Stahl instead because it no longer has WTA on Fred regardless if the Barb has Gamble or not, and the top Merc/Soldiers will be cleanly 2HKO'd by Bronze Sword + Silver Lance anyway.

EDIT: Bah, if both the Soldier and the Merc near Fred have L+ he dies due to WTD against the Soldier. Probably still worth keeping in mind at least, maybe given that's not as likely to happen overall?

Edited by Barrel

More brainstorming below for C2. Basically the Mountain Barb can't have Vantage+ (so a backup strat in case it has Gamble).

Ok, so we do standard stuff, just in a different order. Virion/Robin shoots middle left Merc, Lissa moves up for support bonuses (if needed/available), and Chrom moves up, takes Robin, switches, and shoots twice at the Mountain Barb. Chrom falls asleep/misses twice so it's on 13/33 HP if Robin has average (9) Mag and C Tomes.

cqHNkhu.jpg

So basically we do things in a different order for the run to not fail when things don't go as planned.

1. Stahl picks up Vaike and hits the Barb from the right. Hopefully he doesn't get 8% Gamble critted.
  2. Fred picks up Vaike, grabs Stahl's Bronze Sword, and OHKOs the merc.
  3. Sully moves below the mountain barb, picks up Vaike, grabs Fred's Bronze Sword, and stabs the Barb to death. If it has Vantage+ and not Hawkeye then it has a good chance of whiffing the hit too:

DCKpieA.jpg

On EP a Soldier attacks Sully (Sully survives on 2 if it has Luna+) and another attacks Fred. Maybe a 25% DS happens!

Sully has to connect 67 disp on EP since the Soldier is on a mountain, so this step is super sketchy. Bleh.

rT36Gav.jpg

Turn 2:

1. Virion pairs up with Fred and moves back to stab the leftmost Soldier on EP. He might heal.
  2. Miriel pairs up with Lissa, who moves to heal Fred.
  3. Sully GTFOs and grabs Miriel's stuff.
  4. Stahl also GTFOs and grabs Sully's Fire tome.
  5. Robin grabs Sully's Fire tome and switches to Chrom.

On EP Fred exactly kills the left Soldier and Chrom finishes off the other injured Soldier. Everyone zergs in.

DtHWE33.jpg

I actually had huge problems clearing it from here, so possibly some refining needed to do earlier; I still think the turn 1 has a lot of tinkering to do though, but maybe I am wrong <.<

So now that you've gotten a ton of runs under your belt...would you like to try your hand at doing an all Paralogues run?  Or maybe just Paralogue 14 (or whichever involves protecting Tiki)?  That'd be AWESOME to watch!

Hmmm, it's definitely a promising variation. I'll see if I can find some time to tinker with it while I'm traveling.

8 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

So now that you've gotten a ton of runs under your belt...would you like to try your hand at doing an all Paralogues run?  Or maybe just Paralogue 14 (or whichever involves protecting Tiki)?  That'd be AWESOME to watch!

The run's already pretty long. Doing all paralogues would increase the length by an overwhelming amount. Just Tiki's might be okay, though it'll need some serious work to figure out how to make it work with the low amount of units I'd have.

In any event, gonna start runs again soon: http://www.twitch.tv/kuroitsubasatenshi/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...