Resetless Lunatic+ Run COMPLETED (Deathless) (With Complete Guide)

Fort tanking is definitely something I've considered before and done a couple times, but RNG is definitely a big factor in why it typically isn't feasible. Getting both very favourable levels and enemy setups is pretty unlikely. Out of all the attempts I've done, I've only really had the opportunity to do it twice and neither of those made it into successful runs. I was also doing concrete Def tanking (10-11 with ~24 HP) with Fred as the partner against little or no Luna.

I don't think Avoid tanking is especially feasible at this point in the game, largely because the Archer and Mercs are very accurate and the Mercs have very comparable damage to the Fighters if they're not fighting against lances. Consider that if Robin got perfect Spd and Luk levels (over 6 levels), Chrom's bonuses would still only put her at 33.5 Avoid. If we also assume prefect HP and Def levels, on the Fort, we're looking at 53.5 Avoid and 14 Def, which gives us the following:

-Mercs: 67 Hit; 6 damage

-Archer: 61 Hit; 3 damage

-Fighters: 36/21 Hit; 6/9 damage

-Boss: 32 Hit; 8 damage

The Mercs and Archer still have really good, reliable damage output and any freak Fighter hits will only exacerbate the situation. If the situation really ends up this favourable, it's still better to have Fred instead of Chrom for the Fort tanking, because damage drops dramatically (to the point that the Fort might even semi-out-heal the enemy). It would make getting Chrom his support points a bit tougher (and Lissa's, a lot tougher, but Fort tanking just generally does that), but all things told, the hit rates and damage output are just too high for reliable Avoid tanking.

And yeah, a particularly blessed Robin actually won't even be able to do C5 turtle strats. After a certain point, everyone decides they'd rather murder Fred and he gets utterly wrecked. That Robin might still need to turtle in C7 against an especially bad Counter spread, since Counter is pretty much always a huge threat, but that requires the enemy to get abnormally lucky (I think I've only ever had to use it maybe 6 times between all attempts).

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Mercs are the only problem to dodgetanking (before Hawkeye)...

I doubt it would it be possible to move Fred/Virion in such a way that the Mercs (and maybe a few non-Hammer Hawkeye) go after them instead of Robin/Chrom, but if it were, one seems to be in decent chance for the dodgetank, which can lead to weapon breaks on the Boss and Archer, which itself leads to abuse. And abuse can lead to a level 10/11 Robin, a level or two on Chrom, one on Fred, and more C supports (Fred/Virion, Fred/Robin, Robin/Chrom, and Robin/Lissa effectively guaranteed unless I'm missing something, Fred/Lissa, Fred/Sully and Robin/Sully possible), which can all help with Ch. 2-4 and allow Robin to get more of those maps, which itself helps with Ch 5-7 (the Fred level can help in all of these too). Getting those extra levels on Robin also helps maximise the level she reaches before reclassing to DM (as does the ability to safely take on more of Ch 2-4), giving her (and also the kids because of how their bases are calculated) a few extra stat points for, well, every map after.

But those (admittedly rather minor) benefits are not possible unless Fred can actually draw those Mercs...

Got everything from Friday edited up. Of note is the extreme luck both ways. The run sapped all my Elixir uses early on, then brought out the nasty C6 and C7 combo to finish me off. However, I also got 28 consecutive HP ups, which has something like a 0.19% chance of happening. This let me out-tank a lot of things I probably shouldn't have. Also, Chrom scored a 2% crit on Grima, because why not?

Twitch: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Youtube Playlist

This guide has helped immensely with my non-resetless runs and my one resetless run, especially on the chapters that have always been tough for me (like C9). Thanks for all the work you've put into these!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, it's been pointed out to me that C2's Defensive strat was missing the step for Miriel with Virion, so I touched that up. Otherwise, still working on additions.

Oh, and for those who missed it, Friday's run succeeded, marking the tenth deathless, resetless run completed (and twelve overall)!

In honour of her birthday, we sent newcomer Susan into the meat grinder. Not only did she put up a good fight, but she finished up on the very first attempt! Events of note are:

• In C2, there's so many Dual Strikes involved that the team totally crushed the first wave of enemies.
  • In C3, Susan dodges something like four consecutive attacks.
  • In C19, my capture card's software video crashed—but just the video. The audio continued to function without issue, so... I have no idea what that was about.
  • In C23, Validar is determined to sandbag, bringing the Hawkeye-Vengeance combo that typically gives me pause. Susan was having none of that shit and just streamrolled him as if it was nothing.
  • This run PBed by about 11 minutes, giving me a sub-9:30 run.

Links for the "Mother Knows Best" run:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Youtube Playlist

Well, surprisingly enough, looks like I've got another set of links today. I'm... really not sure how Friday's run crawled through the first half of the game, but it did, so there's that.

This run is notable for both Robin and Morgan having some horrifyingly bad Def and Res for a good chunk of the game. As a result, some of the safer chapters were actually dangerous. We almost RIPed on the C9 reinforcements and almost lost out on the C11 bullion. Despite all that, it somehow PBed over my last run by about 22 mins. Oh, and not only was this the first time I had two successful sessions in a row, but this was also me getting two successful runs in a row.

Links for the "Paper Vanilla Robin" run:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Youtube Playlist

Well, I'd already been playing around with finding something shorter to do. This run is quite long and if I can't get something going in the usual 3-hour buffer, it's generally not practical for me to start another run, but it's usually too early to call it quits. If I can find something else FE-related that could fit into the approximate time slot (Lunatic+ Any% RTA would probably still run over by a bit, but eh).

Anyway, Friday's run finished, but with casualties. It's definitely got quite a few notable things going for it, though, such as:

• A bonkers C2 where I had to build a really weird formation to keep everyone alive.
  • A super-intense C3 where I had to do a sub-optimal pull and then count on everyone contributing damage. This included Kellam landing a kill with 85 Displayed Hit and Vaike having to land a 79 with Sully also hitting a 90 being derailed by Sumia landing a freak crit.
  • A P1 where Fred whiffed an 89, putting him in peril, who was then saved by Donnel being thrown under the bus.
  • Susan continuing to show that she knows best. While she didn't get two deathless runs in a row, two consecutive completions that make up the entirety of her deployment record is still impressive.
  • A sub-8:30 time that makes having deaths in the run rather unfortunate.

Find the links for Donnel Meets Bus here: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Youtube Playlist

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

• 3 weeks later...