Resetless Lunatic+ Run COMPLETED (Deathless) (With Complete Guide)

Sorry I actually didn't explain that piece of the strat. When you give Fred to Robin, you can no longer move Viron NE of fighter to attack. You have to move Robin E of the fighter, swap to Fred and attack. This is feasable only is Fred wasnt beaten badly by previous luna enemies. Then move Virion/Chrom to the right of fred and swap Robin. Use Robin to kill fighter. Keep in mind that you have to tank hammer guy and archer. You probably wont be able if it's the archer that had luna.

There is a coulle of moves you can do with sully on the turn you swap fred over robin to soften the fighter too.

Bottom line it comes down to check if theres a lot of luna enemies. Archer is particuliarly a problem if he goes right. If you have enough def to survive one luna enemy with Robin, then passing Fred problem no longer occurs. Given the % of time the archer actually goes right I usually have a good success rate with this strat.

Edited by aven555

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I wonder if my stats might be affecting things or if I'm just unlucky (since a sample size of 10 doesn't really say a lot statistically), given that so far my testing has had the Archer go right 4 times and the up 6 times.

I wonder if there's a way to manipulate the Boss Fighter into going up at some point. I do like how much this strategy divides the enemy, so if he wasn't constantly camping at the end of the path and threatening to come through the clump of Woods tiles, the party could reverse onto the Hammer Fighter and push down. I might have to try toying with this over the weekend.

Hah. Hah. Hah. Better luck, indeed.

More chat shenanigans. I regret nothing.

[spoiler=Don't read if you like Ricken]

• MaverickCali: 5 is just a charge fest to save little ricken, and then feeding him kills.
  • Czar_Yoshi: Why would you feed Ricken kills?
  • Kendriin: do yourself a favor and bench Ricken
  • Kendriin: I've used him and I've regretted it each time
  • Invidlord: Oh feed as in feed kills
  • Invidlord: "Why would you feed Ricken? Let him starve!"
  • Kendriin: @Invidlord I think the kills part made it worse if you took feed literally.
  • MaverickCali: I got pretty lucky. Turned out well above his average growths!
  • Invidlord: Hehe
  • Invidlord: @Kendriin : Dark :p
  • Czar_Yoshi: "Feed Ricken kills": how are we getting multiple Rickens and who are we feeding them to?
  • Czar_Yoshi isn't sorry
  • Invidlord: Probably to the gryphons.
  • Invidlord: And wyverns
  • MaverickCali: If it could be done, I would do it.
  • Kendriin: We're pulling a Rick and Morty and getting the Rickens from other dimensions. When we get Cherche we feed them to Minerva.
  • Invidlord: Farm raised Ricken are bred and slaughtered for feed.
  • MaverickCali: Chrom is the one that angers me, though.
  • Czar_Yoshi: What have I started
  • Glaive_Silver: Doesn't quite beat the industrial-grade Ricken we use as walls.
  • MaverickCali: regardless of his stats, he always manages to fail in the most spectacular way.
  • Kendriin: Make sure they're free ranged Rickens
  • Glaive_Silver: Sure, they last only a turn, but hey.
  • Kendriin: Kentucky Fried Ricken
  • Invidlord stacks Rickens like cordwood to construct affordable low income housing
  • Invidlord: Sadly, Rickens are known to burst into flame at the slightest provocation
  • Kendriin: I don't think RIckens provide good insulation either
  • Invidlord: They do
  • MaverickCali: Rickens have good resistance from the wind.
  • Invidlord: But they can cause lung cancer when Rickens are breathed in
  • Kendriin: Oh I didn't know that.
  • Invidlord: Yeah
  • Invidlord: You have to be certified to properly dispose of Rickens
  • Kendriin: If that's the case I suppose we shouldn't use Rickens flamability to cook food either
  • Glaive_Silver: Nah, we've got Miriel for that.
  • Invidlord: XP

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Admittedly, the bar is pretty low when it's anything better than losing two runs to RNG within 10 minutes, then almost losing a third within 15. >.>

Plus, this one at least let me add some weird, unorthodox plays to my C5 playbook.

I definitely missed about half that conversation and... well, doesn't give much better context for why Ricken became a chicken. :P:

Haha, thanks. That was simultaneously one of my best and worst moments. Spending so long on it was pretty sketchy, but I really just needed that one piece to fall into place to change my plan from impossible (due to apparent self-body blocking) to actually doable and I just couldn't let that go.

Regardless of outcome, it was a definite reminder that I need to practice C5 more.

So I was doing a full run of practice over the course of the week, the back half of which I did on the weekend and I made a fortuitous mistake. That is, I forgot to rearrange Robin's skills, resulting in a Galeforce Lucina.

Now, under normal run circumstances, where Lucina has Rescue staffer backup and access to seals from Anna shops, Veteran tends to be preferable. This is because my old, standard play plan turns her into a tanking juggernaut where Morgan picks off Counter enemies and then Lucina just spends the rest of the time laughing at every other skill configuration. However, Resetless doesn't use that strat and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the way I was using her here doesn't benefit as much from Veteran as I thought.

As I messed around with it more, the more I enjoyed her increased flexibility. Notable effects on chapters below:

-P12: This actually resulted in more EXP overall thanks to better distribution. Many of the Wyvs will end up getting pulled in pair or trios. Because of Robin needing to actively fight in the early turns, this often deprives Lucina of those kills. I used to use Olivia to help with this and she still can, in order to score triple kills. However, she can also be used to assist Morgan in scoring kills on Myrms when he's too slow to double them. And, of course, because Lucina is getting more Wyvs, that means Morgan can actively target the stray Myrms and Mages instead of giving them to her. In the test run, Lucina ended the chapter at level 18 (the usual with Veteran) and Morgan finished at level 8 (when he normally gets to 2-3).

-C14: The biggest impact here is if I get unlucky in P4 and lose out on the Armscroll. Galeforce allows Lucina to be more aggressive, having it out with a Counter Peg, then retreating to either self-heal or get some from Cordelia. This results in Robin needing to kill less Pegs in order to keep Lucina safe, which ends up giving her more EXP overall. Even when she does get Lances D, it allows Lucina to kill and move the training along faster. Meanwhile, Morgan's additional training allows him to get to Hero more quickly. I also made the decision to give him the Naga's Tear after he promotes, pushing him even further ahead of the curve.

-C15: The greatly improved mobility turns the beach into a meat grinder. There should be very few enemies Robin needs to help with now (maybe just the General at the start; perhaps not even), allowing the siblings to feast without wasting EXP. I even spared a kill for Chrom and a non-Boss Dark Knight for Robin and Morgan still already had Sol. One big goal here is to push Lucina to Tomes D. They aren't as good as her Javelin or using a melee lance at this point, but all those leftover forged El-tomes will be hers for the taking if she can manage it. If she's lucky, she'll have the forged Thunder to move that along a bit more easily.

-C16: The extra action here is very noticeable in keeping everyone from getting pinned. Not only that, but with Tomes D, Lucina can use the forged Elwind to score kills on non-Aegis+ Falcos. This lets her clean up some Counter without relying on Morgan's help and the subsequent mobility allows them to run circles around the enemies.

-C17: Not much changes here, really, aside from a bit more Lucina EXP and less chance of needing to Rescue Morgan out of a double failed Dual Strike.

-C18: This becomes a fair bit safer. Some may recall one successful run that almost failed due to Morgan getting ganged up on by accurate Luna+. The higher stats makes this much less likely and the extra action for killing means less enemies when I end up pushing into the center to avoid the lava. This also safely nets Lucina more EXP when Bow Warriors made it pretty dangerous for her to try to get kills at any point other than the end. In the test run, Lucina even hit level 10 here, letting Morgan bring a Paladin partner to C19.

-C19: Very similar to the old C19. Lucina and Morgan could easily pick up a lot of EXP here, but I intentionally held them back a bit because I was pushing to get Robin to 15 for the Dark Knight reclass. Of course, they can unload early on, since not killing fast enough will cause the map to hit the unit cap, resulting in less EXP overall.

-C20: Also very similar to the old C20. Lucina offers more movement flexibility for Morgan, though. She needs to be careful about her targets, though.

-C23: Lucina's mobility boost comes in handy again. She still needs to be careful of her targets, although Assassins and Heroes without Pavise+ should be squishy enough.

-C24: Assuming I don't drop the ball here, this is an even safer turtle now, since Lucina can explode an assortment of the non-axe cavalry with her forged Beast Killer.

Anyway, on top of making things safer, there seems to be a decent amount of time save. Despite spending some extra time getting a feel for what I could do (or had to do) with the change, the run clocked in around 9:45.

I was doing more practice and just couldn't help but share this Robin, who is clearly the most Skilled Robin I have ever run with:

jeoWj3E.png

Strangely enough, I haven't had any serious missing issues yet. Yet.

Guess I can use this to add to my "when P1 goes terribly" playbook.

Uh yeah...she's *cough* skilled...

I was doing more practice and just couldn't help but share this Robin, who is clearly the most Skilled Robin I have ever run with:

jeoWj3E.png

Strangely enough, I haven't had any serious missing issues yet. Yet.

Guess I can use this to add to my "when P1 goes terribly" playbook.

Holy moly... XD

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Throws or not, I think this may be the first time ever that we've made it past Cht.6 twice in one night.

Yeah. This week's runs were RNGed. I guess Chrom repeatedly refusing to Dual Strike on both strikes and Lon'qu face-tanking an axe on 22 displayed Hit should have been an indication that I would eventually get killed by a low failure chance. That second run had such extreme luck in both directions. On one hand, single-digit Mag until level 17. On the other, somehow still surviving until C7. If only I hadn't had to commit to the second crit tome, I could have bought a forged Wind instead. I suppose I could have gone for the turtle strat, but Fred's Avoid is usually so sketchy that it's still a big risk.

I swear, one of these days I'll get to show off the new route.

Doing L+, and damn, Chapter 2 is like a thorn in the side, hopefull I'll be able to get past it.

Have you had a look at Interceptor's or my C2 guides yet? Interceptor's is pretty reliable, so long as you meet the stat requirements. Mine also outlines a couple tweaks on his to minmax. My guide also has a strat that needs less Mag, but still needs 15 total Spd and a strong ability to YOLO through the rest of the enemies.

So, ended up doing some semi-impromptu Renown research because earlier discussion got me curious and I finished up a second Endgame practice file tonight. There was no activity between the two saves, so the difference is a full playthrough. On top of that, I ran a third run up to when Renown is available. This is the result:

• Endgame 1: 7120
  • Endgame 2: 7430
  • Game 3 to Wireless Menu: 7470

So Premonition definitely doesn't count for Renown, but Prologue does. But since the gap between the Endgame saves is only 310, neither does Endgame, for some stupid reason (despite the game saving after the credits). So I could adjust future runs for the 10-point gap, but I think I'll just stick with what actually makes sense.